#1 Posted by Child Of The Dark Phoenix (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle takes place here

The storm is already at peak strength which means at any given moment 10 to 20 bolts of lightning can flare out into the battle area.

Which of these master electric manipulators can win and which ones will get fried?

-Storm

-Electro

-Surge

-Polaris

-Static

ONLY electric powers are allowed. For example no super speed for Surge.

All combatants are ready to be attacked. Which means no sneak attacks!

#2 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10770 posts) - - Show Bio

Feel free to correct me on this. I am not super familiar with Electro and Static. I see this as:

Electro - According to the handbook Electro is immune to electricity, so I am not sure how he would even get hurt here (outside of KO possibly by impact force). If the impact force of an electricity based attack is not effective against him I am not sure how he would be beaten here (outside of h2h maybe). I am also not sure what his energy output is. Everyone else can handle electrical energy being channeld through them and varying limits to how much they can handle, so he may be able to hurt some, but may not have the power output to incapacitate them.

Storm - High resistance to electrictiy based attacks and can counter them. She has resisted electric output in the billions of volts (i.e. - terrawatts) and channels that much though her body. I am not sure any of the mentioned opponents here have that level of output. She controls weather obviously so she could keep all of the lightning from the storm for her use only, or disburse the storm. She can focus and channel the full electrcial energy in a storm through herself. Her lightning can also hit with an impact force, so she may be able to KO an opponent that way here. She has also applied the way she creates lightning to the electrons of an energy being's body to dissipate them, so I think he degree of control, among other showings, is pretty impressive. If not prepared, Storm can be hurt by electrical energy (never really made sense to me but it is canon) if she is not prepared to handle it.

Polaris - She can absorb electricity but has limits. She doesn't have a whole lot of feats with electricity and has been defeated by it before, so I think that would still apply here.

Static - He could place higher but I don't know enough about him to know what he can do with only electricity availablr to him. He seems like the DCU's version of Electro. I am not sure what his output level is with electricity to know if has the power to incapacitate here, and I am not sure if he is immune to electrical energy like Electro.

Surge - She needed her gauntlets to control her absorption of electric energy and is stated to become impaired if she absorbs too much, so she is vulnerable to over load here.

#3 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Very Nice description Thunder lol I must say I agree with all your points.

#4 Posted by Child Of The Dark Phoenix (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#5 Posted by Dextersinister (6454 posts) - - Show Bio

Static, from what I've heard he was horribly overpowered in the new 52 and could use his electric powers to regenerate even limbs

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (14383 posts) - - Show Bio

Bitches PLEASE!

^ solos everyone.

#7 Posted by Shiryu (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

I hope you're joking because Cole would get stomped hard by any of these people.

#8 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Cole doesn't hold a candle to any of these people. I say Storm takes this since she is the only one who has a large track record of countering and beating elementals in their own element.

#9 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#10 Posted by dondave (38783 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#11 Posted by Strafe Prower (11888 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Electro will take this one, but I don't know much about Static.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Static, from what I've heard he was horribly overpowered in the new 52 and could use his electric powers to regenerate even limbs

he got his arm cut of and it sealed it self back to gether he cant regenerate a whole new one i dont think.

#13 Posted by Pokeysteve (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

An electric showdown without

#14 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: Still wouldn't make a difference Storm takes it.@AllStarSuperman said:

@Dextersinister said:

he got his arm cut of and it sealed it self back to gether he cant regenerate a whole new one i dont think.

Regeneration is all good but he still can be KO'd.

#15 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

storm all day long

#16 Posted by Bo88gdan (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#18 Posted by Twitless (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, might have to go with Electro on this one. Is there any evidence that he can be overloaded?

#19 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Electro, and the others aren't so tough, so I'm going with Storm.

#20 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

An electric showdown without

Good point. I just saw her put the zap on Superman (watched an old animated Superman episode). Such a cool character.

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: As long as those are just lighting clouds in the OP and it doesn't rain, she's a contender.

#22 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Bitches PLEASE!

^ solos everyone.

This times 1000

#23 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11699 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@nickzambuto said:

Bitches PLEASE!

^ solos everyone.

This times 1000

Then he must have got a massive power upgrade in the 2nd game. From what I saw in the first game anyone in the list could beat him.

#24 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94: 2nd game, nobody in here could beat him 1st game, only a few could. He can deal out as much damage as anyone here, and electricity has absolutely zero effect on cole.

#25 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Please Cole wouldn't stand a chance against Storm or Polaris.

#26 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11699 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Who are the "few" you are referring too?

#27 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94: He couldn't beat Polaris, him and Storm would be good

#28 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Storm would stomp Cole badly.

#29 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: Depends what version. Infamous 1 Cole would lose to Polaris, and put up a decent fight against Storm. Infamous 2 Cole would put up a decent fight against polaris, and maybe beat storm. Infamous 2 Cole with the absorbed powers of John would beat Polaris and beat Storm.

#30 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: show me an electrical feat that would be greater than that of Cole's, and then show me one that would actually effect him and i will believe this.

#31 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Roddy010: Depends what version. Infamous 1 Cole would lose to Polaris, and put up a decent fight against Storm. Infamous 2 Cole would put up a decent fight against polaris, and maybe beat storm. Infamous 2 Cole with the absorbed powers of John would beat Polaris and beat Storm.

He has to absorb the power from others just to be considered a threat? John doesn't have any ability that can not be countered by these two.

#32 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: and if Polaris and Storm are limited to their electrical powers, they have nothing that can hurt Cole. So no, he doesnt have to absob John's power to be considered a threat.

#33 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Roddy010: show me an electrical feat that would be greater than that of Cole's, and then show me one that would actually effect him and i will believe this.

In her very first appearance Storm gathered the electrical potential of an entire tempest into herself and down into Polaris (boosting her powers).

Note that a tempest has enough electrical power to supply the entire planet for a year.

Storm created Lightning powerful enough to punch a whole miles down to the Morlock tunnels.

#34 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#35 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: Thats impressive, but do you think that can hurt Cole? he is consistently un affected by electricity through out the course of the game. What's stopping him from draining the electrical force from every single one of those blasts... from Storm even, and using them to augment his own? She cant hurt him with electricity, the only way a blast that powerful could hurt cole is if she caused debris and other things to hit him or fall on him, as he is not immune to physical damage.

Cole from the beginning of Infamous 2 is the equivalent to Cole from the end of Infamous 1. He has demonstrated the ability to hurt the beast, who has the power to wipe out the earth, and the durability to withstand earths military forces while he does it. He has insane power, and insane durability and Cole was able to rip him apart.

Storm is seen being injured by concussive blasts and other energy weapons, such as the eye beams of Cyclops. Don't get me wrong, she would stomp cole with full control, but if she is limited to only using electrical powers, i don't think she can win.

#36 Edited by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Yes I do believe that can hurt Cole. Storm not only controls electricity but she controls the force of that electricity. I don't see him surviving a bolt of that caliber. The scan above shows Storm hesitating to strike Cyclops who she as well as the rest of the X-men believed to be Dark Phoenix. Yes she can be knocked out by concussive force but Cole won't have that advantage on her. (Also Scott's optic blast is not a form of energy) A better example would be during Second Coming Storm was created lighting bolts to take out Nimrod only to have them counter it. It took 15 terrawatts of energy to knock her out and even then she got up with no problem. Storm has a better handle on electricity down to the molecular level and has a better track record of countering elementals than Cole so I give her the win. I concede it being a complete stomp but she takes the majority handily.

#37 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11699 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@GrandSymbiote94: He couldn't beat Polaris, him and Storm would be good

1st game Cole couldn't beat Electro either. I don't know about Surge or Static.

#38 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10770 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: I defnitely think Cole can be a tough contender here. His versatility is crazy and he has a lot of raw power. In this kind of a battle I think Cole would be in a better position to win against Polaris. I have not seen her demonstrate the degree of control or power output of electricity that he has. I personally favor Cole over her (unless there is some showing to prove she is more powerful with electrical energy than he is). And actually Storm has more raw power and control over electrical energy than Polaris does. Storm overloaded Lorna in their first encounter and KO'd her in their 2nd with a mega-dose of her lightning.

To KO Storm this really depends on the output power of Cole. Storm can and has countered the electricity based attacks before (i.e. - cancelling out a lightning case from Blitzkrieg, deflecting a lightning bolt from Living Lightning, countering a redirected blast from Bishop when her her body was controlled by Mountjoy, etc.) and has, as Roddy mentioned, withstood (but was hurt by since she wasn't ready for it) electrical energy in the magnitude of terrawatts (trillions of volts). I don't know if Infamous 2 Cole commands that kind of output.

And her bolts can hit with an impact force to KO opponents here. Here are a couple of examples:

The bolts hit Bishop with enough force to send him flying into a car and send both him and car through the wall of a building.
The lightning bolt hits with enough impact force to take Thunderbird off his feat and one-shot KO Psylocke.

Everyone here can be KO'd by force technically. I think the same kind of argument can be made for Cole on some levels here. Doesn't he have those concussive shock grenades that explode with force? I don't think he would have the same range as the others here if he deployed that attack, and there is a chance he can be blocked, but at a close enough range (I am assuming his throwing range) he could possibly KO some opponents this way. Especially if flight is not allowed.

#39 Posted by Hyperlight (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

we are assuming none of them can fly, then i would personally give it to electro since his out put is the highest (besides storms) and has the highest resistance to electricity here. i think the only problems here are storm and electro.

as for the random argument about cole, he is very powerful. he is physically the most powerful out of everybody since he has at the least an enhanced/low superhuman pysiology. but if we are talking about a chalenge of his electrokinetic abilities with the rest of them.... electro and storm can take him. but i think he can take a greater punishment than storm but not electro

#40 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Storm flies by gilding on the wind currents that she is able to control, that mean that in this instance she cannot fly because she only has her electrical powers. This greatly limits her ability to move, as she is often made a hard target by the simple fact that she can fly. I would actually say that Cole's mobility is higher that the of Storm once her flight is taken away. Because she relies so heavily on flight for her mobility, she will not have the same training in mobility on the ground that Cole does. Cole is a talented free runner who can role dodge and dive very quickly.

Cole's electricity is both electrical and concussive. His main three concussive powers are the grenades, the megawatt hammer (electrical missile) and shockwave. All of these attacks can do a high level of damage. The megawatt hammer and the grenades could damage the beast, alden, behemoth and the swamp monster. These are all far more durable than storm is.

Alden was a super powered telepathic man armed in an extremely large suit built from materials that could with stand fire arms and machine gun fire.

Behemoth and the Swamp monster were two high durable monsters that could effortlessly withstand gun fire, and in the behemoth's case, missiles and other forms of explosives.

The beast was a monster that devoured the entire planet when cole failed to stop it. It essentially could withstand anything that the earth's forces could throw at it. As seen above, Cole, without any other powers or weapons, tore him apart and severely damaged him using only his own power.

Wether storm can hurt Cole or not depends on the electrical attacks the she chooses to use i guess. If she tries to electrocute Cole, or tries to fry him, it will not work, that has never hurt Cole, as no form of standard electricity will. If she tries to use concussive blasts, she can hurt him.

#41 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Because she relies so heavily on flight for her mobility, she will not have the same training in mobility on the ground that Cole does. Cole is a talented free runner who can role dodge and dive very quickly.

This is untrue Storm has formidable mobility is quite formidable even without her winds. She has feline attributes added to her intense training with the X-men.

Also if we are gonna use just electrical powers for Storm then the same should hold true for Cole. Does he have any electrical feats where he isn't using any weaponry to cause damage?

#42 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94: he would kill static and surge, and yes, he could beat electro.

#43 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: Wait did i just hear that? Cole's power set is electricity. The only times he actually uses weapons are the RFI, to finish the beast off, and his amp (the thing that looks like a two-pronged cattle prod) and they both rely on electrical energy in order to function, so those might actually be allowed too.

If you limit Cole to electrical powers, thats fine because thats all the his powers are :)

Storm does have impressive mobility, but i doubt it is any where near the level of Cole. Cole can jump higher and farther than most human beings, he most likely an olympic level athlete when it come to his agility. He has demonstrated the ability to do back handsprings, shoulder rolls, side rolls, assassin vaults, kash vaults, speed vault, he can tank free falls from more than 10 stories up, cat leaps, prescision jumps, he can literally run up walls... etc. the point is, he's an insane free runner, and has far more mobility feats than storm. Without flight, Storm is not as mobile as Cole.

The video above only shows a little bit of what Cole can do. But if you have every played the game, you would know how mobile he actually is.

#44 Posted by Roddy010 (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Just finished watching your videos and I must say Cole is really impressive. I underestimated him, but I wouldn't put Storm far behind as far as mobility. Her level of agility is considered Olympic level as well considering the fact she has fought and defeated people who are well above peak human. (ex. Marrow, Callisto, Vampires) In the scans I posted above Storm had lost her powers and had to rely on pure skill to take those guys out.

The OP stated strictly electrical powers meaning no weaponry of any sort. From what I see Cole is slightly more versatile with his powers, while Storm has more raw power and skill. It would be quite an interesting battle to see.

#45 Posted by Ms. Omega (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

I am gonna take Static he is my favorite and they really amped him up in the New 52.

#46 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: I agree it would be a very good an interesting battle to watch. Don't get me wrong, i think that Storm would be a formidable opponent for Cole, and Cole for Storm, i just thought you underestimated him in the beginning. Thanks for listening though.

#47 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Bitches PLEASE!

^ solos everyone.

Cole could kill anyone you named on the list.