Elder Predator VS Boba Fett (rules)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The deadliest hunter squares off against the most dangerous bounty hunter! The elder has detailed information on Fett and has sought him out for the ultimate kill....And Fett in turn, has been hired to kill the Predator and has detailed information on him as well.

The two will begin on opposite sides of Boston, MA. The city is unpopulated and everything is on limits. Match begins at sunset and both are aware the other is somewhere in the city.

Equipment:

Predator: Cloaking device, wrist blades, spear, plasma pistol, plasma cannon, net, NO self destruct mechanism

Boba Fett: Jetpack, standard blaster rifle, two standard blaster pistols, flame projector on gauntlet, grip line on gauntlet, 1 thermal detonator

Rules:

-Both are clearly determined to kill the other.

-Elimination by death only.

-As stated, both have full knowledge on the other.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@saiyan_earthling said:
"unless the pred has a vision that can detect anyone wearing like armor or such, i'm not sure if the pred can win. "

Why wouldn't it pick up the heat?  It has no issue doing so with marines who are wearing armor as well.  Plus, it doesn't need to rely on thermal.
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By ComicStooge

Elder Prep should be able to pull this off 7\10
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ComicStooge said:
"Elder Prep should be able to pull this off 7\10 "

Why is that?  Fett's helmet could detect the Pred since he can use a vision similiar to thermal, as well as amplifies sound.  They detail they have on one another is essentially the basics on their foes tactics, weapons and skills.  I'd say the Pred wouldn't know that about his helmet...Heck, I'm a huge Fett fan and I only recently found that out, lol.
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ComicStooge

@k4tzm4n: 

I think if a King Pred killed a Alien Mother Queen (if an Elder is anything like the King) he should do pretty 
well against Boba Fett...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ComicStooge said:
"

@k4tzm4n: 

I think if a King Pred killed a Alien Mother Queen (if an Elder is anything like the King) he should do pretty 
well against Boba Fett...

"

Fighting either is completely different, though.  The Pred clearly has superior stats, but I've restricted his weaponry.  Where-as Fett, I believe I gave him the weaponry required to put up a good fight.
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ComicStooge

He does put up a very good fight but I believe the elder will have his skull by the end but may bleed to death soon after that
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By yodagod
@k4tzm4n:
@ComicStooge:
Boba could take a queen as well. Boba with prep is very impressive.  I'd like to see just standard gear for both.  I think this is close, but Boba should be able to pull a few wins just by doing things the predator won't expect, like being able to see him when he's cloaked.  Boba also has pheromone boosters in his helmet that give him a scent ability.  So advantages like that should be enough IMO.  Obviously the predator is faster and stronger (espescially if this is "current" Fett since he's in his 80's and has prosthetic legs), but Mandalorian armor (espescially if it's actual Mandalorian iron like his new armor), should stand up to any of the pred's weapons except tha plasma cannon.  Tactically, Boba is among the elite in Star Wars.  He may not be on the same level as Ackbar of Tarkin, but I'd probably rank him in the top 10 or 15.  The predator will be hunting with wisdom and cunning and instinct, while Boba will be using logic and tactical analysis as well.  He has a nack for following his instincts at just the right time, like when on a hunch he evaded an ambush by IG-88.  I'd say it will be close, but Boba should take a slight majority.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Satyrquaze

Boba with prep got taken out by a blind guy with a stick. 

A stick.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yodagod
@Satyrquaze:
lol.  True.  He also has wins over jedi, assassin droids, an assembler, and Yuzzhan Vong (not that different from predators), he has entered the highest security areas in the galaxy, destablized entire planetary governments, was instrumental in the fall of Kuat Drive Yards, and escaped from the digestive tract of the largest and only sentient sarlac known (though he did lose a leg and most of his genital area in the process), and most importantly has overcome Han Solo's luck and captured him multiple times.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Matezoide2

Elder 6-7/10

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NightFang3

I think Boba Fett could win.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Due to superior weaponry Fett should be able to take out the predator. I doubt the predator is going to show the kind of resistance they show against regular balistics against a blaster. Predator has no armor to deal with what could be a very large output of blaster fire. 

individual shots from teh predator's plasma caster are more powerful, but there tends to be a cool-down period between shots. 

I think the predator out-stats fett in all areas, but the blaster shots will probably put him down.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Sparda

One well placed shot with the Plasma Caster/pistol is all the Pred needs. If Boba is flying, he might die just from one shot, and if he's on the ground, then one shot will definitely slow him down for the Elder to come in for the kill. The Elder would naturally have the skills to wait, and the cloaking device will help (I don't know how powerful the thermal is, but will it still see through walls?). If Boba wants to go anywhere fast he'll need to fly, and that will make him easy to spot. According to the Star Wars Encyclopedia to Equipment and Weapons, SW jetpacks are ridiculously fragile and one shot, if it doesn't cause them to explode, will definitely cause a crash.

However, if Boba does manage to get the drop on the Predator first, then he could probably take it down with his blasters. I don't see that happening straight aways though-I'd say the majority goes to the Elder, personally.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ComicStooge
@yodagod: 

The KIng didn't take down a queen it took down the "MOTHER" Queen: 
this thing!
this thing!
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Satyrquaze
@yodagod said:
"@Satyrquaze: lol.  True.  He also has wins over jedi, assassin droids, an assembler, and Yuzzhan Vong (not that different from predators), he has entered the highest security areas in the galaxy, destablized entire planetary governments, was instrumental in the fall of Kuat Drive Yards, and escaped from the digestive tract of the largest and only sentient sarlac known (though he did lose a leg and most of his genital area in the process), and most importantly has overcome Han Solo's luck and captured him multiple times. "

If Lucas doesn't give two shits about the EU then neither do I. j/k.
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yaujtapool
@Sparda said:

" One well placed shot with the Plasma Caster/pistol is all the Pred needs. If Boba is flying, he might die just from one shot, and if he's on the ground, then one shot will definitely slow him down for the Elder to come in for the kill. The Elder would naturally have the skills to wait, and the cloaking device will help (I don't know how powerful the thermal is, but will it still see through walls?). If Boba wants to go anywhere fast he'll need to fly, and that will make him easy to spot. According to the Star Wars Encyclopedia to Equipment and Weapons, SW jetpacks are ridiculously fragile and one shot, if it doesn't cause them to explode, will definitely cause a crash.  However, if Boba does manage to get the drop on the Predator first, then he could probably take it down with his blasters. I don't see that happening straight aways though-I'd say the majority goes to the Elder, personally. "

I would agree with this ,but im sure that one blast from the plasma caster would be sufficient enough to take  down boba , and if the OP is correct than and this is a plasma pistol similar to the one used by Wolf in  AVP2; than the damage will be greater than that of a normal one since it has the combined firepower of two plasma casters. The only problem with this is that its much slower that bobas blasters and he is more likely to dodge the shots , but if the predator were to hit him with one shot it would most likely end him. Boba would take the majority in a long range battle due to his better ,faster and more accurate weapons.

Boba also has his jetpack with will give him a huge aerial advantage though the predator can also cover huge ground simply from jumping(Capable of covering around 50 feet in a big leap) and the environment will give him the chance to use the high buldings as vantage points .

I dont see the elders cloak being of much help here since they can be spotted due to the outline and boba  should have a vision mode to counter this as mentioned before, making the cloaking device a non-factor.

If the predator managed to get close enough to get into a H2H brawl it would take the win in almost all situations, being physically superior (Normal predators can jump over 50 feet into the air and handle xenomorphs) , Elders can take on queens and Praetorian aliens in H2H with wristblades; add to that the fact that the elder is likely to be more skilled in H2H than boba and perhaps even more skilled overall though imo not by much.

But due to this location having many spots for ambushes and enclosed spaces i would give the win to the elder , but it would be very close .
Firstly the elder will have prep and is aware that boba will most likely destroy it at long range so its best hope is to get in close and brawl it out , two big factors that will allow the pred to do this are the cloaking device even though boba would notice it fairly soon and the chance of the catching boba in an enclosed space , overall the preds experiance will give him the win and only be further complimented by his physical prowess and for once not weapons.

Predator should take this 5.5/10

Good fight .
Spellca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spellca2

I do believe everyone seems to be understating Boba's advantage here. He has his jetpack and one thermal detonator, and the helmet with various vision settings that could detect the Predator even in its cloaked setting.  

All, reallly, Boba has to do is lure the Predator out of a building onto street level or a roof top...fly above it, activate the thermal detonator, cook it for a moment, and throw it down. The resulting explosion would reduce the Elder to nothing.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kaino12

elder pred owns bobba.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By m0ntyb0y

re@kaino12:  boba fett outclassed 
Predator
Height 7-8ft
Weight 300-400lbs
Strong enough to chuck an adult bison around effortlessly (see comic Predator Homeworld), able to open (by lifting) extremely heavy maxi-security gates (Predator Concrete Jungle game)
Extremely agile (see novels, comics, games, and movies: Predator, Predator 2, AvP Requiem) 
Fast enough to beat aliens in close combat (see novels and comics, movies aren't a great example because protracted fight scenes are done with guys in costumes)    
Fast enough to pace speeding car while sprinting (see Predator Big Game)
Lethal talons on hands and feet (see comics esp. Predator Captive and Predator Big Game)    

Elder predators are essentially the elite of the elite in predator society, most experience, highest skill, best weapons, Boba Fett going down hard

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wow, an oldie.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fetts

Boba Fett ftw! Personally I think Boba Fett beat the Elder Predator with full equipment for each, minus the self-destruct mechanism. In fact, it would be more close and epic if they each had full equipment. 

Even with the limited weaponry Boba takes this simply because the Elder Predator doesn't have anything that can hurt him in this fight, save for the plasma pistol, which could possibly do something with an accurate shot  

The cloaking device isn't going to save the Elder Predator. Boba Fett has infra-red and I doubt the Predator would even use the cloaking device since he already has some knowledge of Boba Fett. 

As epic as wrist blades are, Boba Fett has dealt with Jedi who wield lightsabers. Lightsaber's can be pulled out faster (if you're a Jedi that is), they stick out longer than wrist blades, and they can slice better than wrist blades. Not to mention Boba's armor is lightsaber-proof, so the only way the wrist blades could be useful is they were used to decapitate Boba's limbs or hear off. And like I said, that's not going to happen because Boba Fett has dealt with deadlier close-range weapons. 

The spear however, could be more deadly given it's length. But like I stated, his armor is lightsaber-proof. Plus I think Boba would be able to avoid it due to his amazing reflexes and his jetpack. 

The plasma pistol is the only thing I could see being a problem. If it's anything like the plasma cannon, it could possibly do some damage to Boba's lightsaber-proof armor. But this is a plasma pistol, not a cannon. So I'm going to go under assumption it's not as powerful. But a properly placed shot through the visor or the neck could possibly kill him. Boba Fett has been shown to have have reflexes faster than blast from a blaster. But I do not know if the plasma pistol shoots faster than blast or not. Boba Fett also could avoid a properly placed shot by using his jetpack, which is faster than most people realize. 

At the same time, Boba has his weaponry limited. But I'm confident that his weapons could more deadlier to the Predator than the Predator's weapons are to Boba. 

I do love both these characters. And despite my reasoning on why Boba Fett wins, the Elder Predator would put up a pretty good fight due to his skills.

zandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zandor

Pred wins Boba is a little over rated he could beat a warrior pred but not an elder I see fett wining 4/10

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fetts
@zandor: (Just to throw in my opinion) I can see where people would say Boba Fett is overrated after seeing the movie...but at the same time Palpitine has solo'd an entire fleet and Darth Vader killed experienced Jedi Masters, but we never saw that level of power in the movies. So in my opinion, the movies underrated the villains. But it really depends what you consider cannon. The EU version of Boba Fett is much deadlier. 

But this would be a good match and it is a close call. Cutos to k4tzm4n and his awesomeness! 
maxyboxparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By maxyboxparadox

Tbh I think the predator takes this. Superior strength, more combat training and experience. Fett could win this in a distance match, but with it being a city-wide hunt, and the predator being the far superior hunter, all he would need to do is lure Fett into an enclosed space and literally rip his limbs off. Plus you are all over-rating bobas armour. Sure, it is mandalorian armour but it is only durasteel NOT mandalorian iron, therefore is nowhere near invincible and although lightsaber resistant, not completely impervious to it. I would equate the power from a lightsaber to be about the same as the blast from the plasmacaster. On top of this, bobas armour has weak spots at the limbs, as most does. I'd go as far as to say that the predator could even break through the armour with his wristblades or spear, due to the fact that they have been known to at least go through any known human armour or metal compound with no trouble, including tank armour.

Although I am a big fan of the bounty hunter, I think pred has got this.

wolviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fett takes this. I don't doubt in predators skill but experience fighting different life forms is often very underestimated. Boba has more experience in this field. He actually fights mostly sentinent objects that can counter his thinking. Predator actually hunts non sentinent objects most of the time.

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba trained helped Jaina solo. Boba will win.

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder preds are mutiple centuries old Some of them upto 1000 years old, pretty much all that time is spent hunting tracking and killing. They like to fight their prey on even footing for better sport. Seeing as how they know about one another and their capabilities knowledgewise they are on even footing. The tie breaker is the elder predator has MUCH more experience and is similarly equipped to boba. Coupled with superior physical ability the pred takes this most of the time. 8/10

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Predator. This has been done to death. I did a CAV for it, Comicvine did a battle of the month for it...Give it a rest already.

Avatar image for deathstroke1982
Deathstroke1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fett

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Predator man an Elder can wipeout an entire nest of aliens barehandedly

Bucklev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bucklev
No Caption Provided

Don't know if it's a argument but it's soooooo coool!

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bucklev said:
No Caption Provided

Don't know if it's a argument but it's soooooo coool!

Now this..................this is just to awesome for words.

Darthmareel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Darthmareel

Boba's helmat can detect even the slightest sound, rendering the pred's invisibility useless. Also, a Star wars blaster is about the same as a plasma caster. The pred's "power punch" glove is similar to fett's own gloves, which are like brass buckles, but with mandolarian iron. Most of the pred's other weapon's are no use for fett and his armor. And don't tell me none of what I put down is still cannon, because following that logic, the pred's never even seen a xeno.

ScarPredator25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ScarPredator25

Predator takes this. He has the razor sharp net gun. That shrinks in on enemies until they’re dead. Fett’s armor doesn’t look strong enough to withstand it. Predator has a plasma caster and plasma pistol. Predator has many fun ways to kill fett. I’d take away the plasma pistol and the spear from the Predator if I were you. I don’t see fett winning this without losing a gallon of blood. This is an elder we’re talking about here. An elder has surpassed rank elite and veteran. An elder has centuries of training and experience. He’ll have no problem with boba fett.

ScarPredator25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmareel: An elder predator has cleared multiple xenomorph hives. An elder has 3 projectiles in this fight. The razor net cuts through any metal. You’re saying as if this predator was a youngblood. This is an elder with centuries of experience. Predator wins.

ScarPredator25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ScarPredator25

@spellca2: tell that to Scarface’s own bomb. A predator self destruct device couldn’t even blow scarface to pieces. This is an elder though, scarface was just a veteran. Elders have centuries of experience. Jetpack is easily 1 shot. The predator has 3 projectiles here and the predator could use two at once. He’ll take Boba down. If it turns into close combat, Boba is going to die sooner. The only little chance boba has here is his bombs and blasters. His flamethrower won’t work, It only pisses predators off.