#1 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio

vs 

Protege
Elaine Belloc 
vs  
Protege 

Battle 1: Elaine Belloc vs Protege ( At their most powerful)
Battle 2: Elaine Belloc vs Protege (Powerless.)
#2 Posted by Reactor (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Elaine Belloc has God's powers, so.... yeah, she stomps round one.

Round two makes no sense, assuming I'm interpreting the rules correctly.

#3 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Reactor said:
" Elaine Belloc has God's powers, so.... yeah, she stomps round one.  Round two makes no sense, assuming I'm interpreting the rules correctly. "
Sorry, I meant if they had no powers, and that one would take place on earth. Seeing how none of them would be able to survive.
#4 Posted by Metalslash (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Protege solos both rounds

#5 Posted by Metalslash (178 posts) - - Show Bio

is she = presence

#6 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Elaine Belloc would teach Protégé a lesson or two.

#7 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@metalslash said:

How can he 'solo' if he has no teammates?

#8 Posted by dondave (38906 posts) - - Show Bio

Ellaine

#9 Posted by dondave (38906 posts) - - Show Bio

@metalslash said:

He hasn't posted in five months, he's not going to reply to you

#10 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

elaine's with mcihael's power, gets slaughtered..............elaine with God's power, wins.

#11 Edited by capall2 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

Elaine should sh!t stomp this plot device from the alternate reality...

#12 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

When you are a "protege" you can do anything, including soloing a thread without team-mate, such is the power of Protege.

Honestly though, is there really anything to prevent Protege from copying Elaine's power (assuming she doesnt kill Protege before he does).

His power make is very hard to debate against him.. o_O.. worst ability created in marvel reality.

#13 Posted by GhostRavage (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: What can he do? I know nothing about him.

@metalslash said:

And... That was funny.

#14 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: He is like mimic, or say Amazo, but with no restriction. He can mimic the power of anyone, as long as he sees them use their power, or looks at them long enough. He copied powers from Mephista, Mephisto, Guardian of the Galaxy, Beyonder, all the way upto abstracts and Living Tribunal, including his 3 heads.

#15 Posted by ShadowHuntR (564 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

When you are a "protege" you can do anything, including soloing a thread without team-mate, such is the power of Protege.

Honestly though, is there really anything to prevent Protege from copying Elaine's power (assuming she doesnt kill Protege before he does).

His power make is very hard to debate against him.. o_O.. worst ability created in marvel reality.

Plenty of people on the Vine claim their can only be 1 Omnipotent being so that means he wouldn't be able to. And Protege was created in the end by God, like everyone since God = Writters. They gave him his powers. He won't be able to affect someone who's way above him.

#16 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Plenty of people on the Vine claim their can only be 1 Omnipotent being so that means he wouldn't be able to.

But nothing really prevents Protege from copying Elaine Belloc power and thereby making neither of them non-omnipotent because while they both can do absolutely everything else, they cant do anything against each other.

Plenty of people on the Vine claim their can only be 1 Omnipotent being so that means he wouldn't be able to. And Protege was created in the end by God, like everyone since God = Writters. They gave him his powers. He won't be able to affect someone who's way above him.

Dc comics has their own writers who are of course different from Presence, in fact writer himself (Grant Morrion) has appeared on panel so that should have no bearing on Protege ability to copy Elaine's power.

After all Elaine was given that power by Presence to begin with. Stands to reason it can be copied as well.

After all Protege copied the power of LT + all other abstracts there without breaking a sweat, its not like he has ever shown any limit on what he can and cant copy.

He was just stupid enough not to copy Scanthan power, likely because of plot than anything else.

He just has a very weird ability.

#17 Posted by Dextersinister (6520 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: If Ellaine is actually omnipotent then that alone prevents her from having her powers copied, if your omnipotent nothing bad can happen to you unless you allow it.

As you said yourself he choice to give her his power.

#18 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: If Ellaine is actually omnipotent then that alone prevents her from having her powers copied, if your omnipotent nothing bad can happen to you unless you allow it.

Omnipotence is very likely copiable, thats as been the case at least in marvel.

Besides you are talking about literal, perfect, by the book omnipotence, which of course by itself is impossible.

Elaine and Presence are omnipotent in the sense there are non more powerful than them.

As you said yourself he choice to give her his power.

Which also shows that power can be given, which also shows that despite Presence being all power, there was possible to have a second similarly powerful character, i.e. Elaine. So that does directly open the possibility that Protege could very well copy her power, doesnt it?

#19 Edited by Dextersinister (6520 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

Omnipotence is very likely copiable, thats as been the case at least in marvel.

Besides you are talking about literal, perfect, by the book omnipotence, which of course by itself is impossible.

Elaine and Presence are omnipotent in the sense there are non more powerful than them.

If your referring to Beyonder didn't he put himself in a position that allowed his powers to be taken.

No I'm referring to omnipotence that comes to as close as possible that we can understand within the way we think as this is still a comic written by normal people

If no one is more powerful than you and you know everything that will happen then someone can only copy your powers if you allow it.

Which also shows that power can be given, which also shows that despite Presence being all power, there was possible to have a second similarly powerful character, i.e. Elaine. So that does directly open the possibility that Protege could very well copy her power, doesnt it?

It shows that if you are omnipotent you can choose to stop being omnipotent assuming that he either gave up his power or gave her the ability to oppose his actions so Protege could copy her powers if Ellaine allowed it but she wouldn't as she goes into this fight knowing he doesn't have her best interests at heart.

#20 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

If your referring to Beyonder didn't he put himself in a position that allowed his powers to be taken.

1. No Beyonder did absolutely no such thing.

2. I wasnt talking about Beyonder, but rather marvel idea of a flexible level of infinity

If no one is more powerful than you and you know everything that will happen then someone can only copy your powers if you allow it.

Ok could you prove that??

I would be interested to hear.

Because the way i see it, Protege had no problem copying power from Mephisto - to Beyonder - to abstracts - to LT, seem to suggest copying Elaine power should be no different either.

It shows that if you are omnipotent you can choose to stop being omnipotent assuming that he either gave up his power or gave her the ability to oppose his actions so Protege could copy her powers if Ellaine allowed it but she wouldn't as she goes into this fight knowing he doesn't have her best interests at heart.

This is just word play on what "omnipotent" should mean and stuffs, its clearly we disagree that matter so yeah better to leave it at that.

#21 Edited by Dextersinister (6520 posts) - - Show Bio

1. No Beyonder did absolutely no such thing.

2. I wasnt talking about Beyonder, but rather marvel idea of a flexible level of infinity

Doesn't that just mean none of these characters where ever infinitely powerful and any mention of omnipotence was just hyperbole if there was always someone better.

Ok could you prove that??

I would be interested to hear

Because the way i see it, Protege had no problem copying power from Mephisto - to Beyonder - to abstracts - to LT, seem to suggest copying Elaine power should be no different either.

The way you see it is that he has no limit fallacy and can copy anyone's power regardless if they want him to or not. Black Alice stole the Specters power and you can't prove she can't possibly take the TOAA or the Presences because just like you I'm asking for a very specific event.

I am just safely assuming that characters with complete control over creation and know everything that will happen within it will not have someone within creation steal there power unless they allow it.

This is just word play on what "omnipotent" should mean and stuffs, its clearly we disagree that matter so yeah better to leave it at that.

No isn't, I'm assuming that someone with control over all of creation can stop the ability of someone within creation. Your assuming Proteges mimic ability trumps everything.

#22 Posted by thanosii (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it as long someone is a comic book character and their power can be shared, it can be copied.

Elaine's powers were given so they not unique in anyway Protege copies and either stomps or stalemates

#23 Posted by Dextersinister (6520 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii: Your point is only correct in the sense that a writer can take a character that is confirmed within the setting as bullet-proof and then write someone killing that guy with a normal gun, example Bendis who had Hawkeyes one shot Mr Negative with an off-hand punch in an Avengers issues despite having a building dropped on him and walking away in an earlier Spiderman issue.

Also a power being given doesn't mean it's not unique.

#24 Posted by lol (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

elaine's with mcihael's power, gets slaughtered..............elaine with God's power, wins.

#25 Posted by Abnegazar (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle somewhat interesting, mainly because Protège have defeated the Living Tribunal in the Universe 691.Anyway, Elaine win. She is practically the Presence.

#26 Posted by Van_Cere (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by lol (1581 posts) - 10 minutes, 56 seconds ago - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said: