#1  Edited By OmegaDynasty

No Caption Provided
vs 

Protege
Protege
Elaine Belloc 
vs  
Protege 

Battle 1: Elaine Belloc vs Protege ( At their most powerful)
Battle 2: Elaine Belloc vs Protege (Powerless.)
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By reactor

Elaine Belloc has God's powers, so.... yeah, she stomps round one.

Round two makes no sense, assuming I'm interpreting the rules correctly.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Reactor said:
" Elaine Belloc has God's powers, so.... yeah, she stomps round one.  Round two makes no sense, assuming I'm interpreting the rules correctly. "
Sorry, I meant if they had no powers, and that one would take place on earth. Seeing how none of them would be able to survive.
Metalslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Metalslash

Protege solos both rounds

Metalslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Metalslash

is she = presence

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elaine Belloc would teach Protégé a lesson or two.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalslash said:

How can he 'solo' if he has no teammates?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellaine

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalslash said:

He hasn't posted in five months, he's not going to reply to you

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elaine's with mcihael's power, gets slaughtered..............elaine with God's power, wins.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By capall2

Elaine should sh!t stomp this plot device from the alternate reality...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Killemall

When you are a "protege" you can do anything, including soloing a thread without team-mate, such is the power of Protege.

Honestly though, is there really anything to prevent Protege from copying Elaine's power (assuming she doesnt kill Protege before he does).

His power make is very hard to debate against him.. o_O.. worst ability created in marvel reality.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@killemall: What can he do? I know nothing about him.

@metalslash said:

And... That was funny.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: He is like mimic, or say Amazo, but with no restriction. He can mimic the power of anyone, as long as he sees them use their power, or looks at them long enough. He copied powers from Mephista, Mephisto, Guardian of the Galaxy, Beyonder, all the way upto abstracts and Living Tribunal, including his 3 heads.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

When you are a "protege" you can do anything, including soloing a thread without team-mate, such is the power of Protege.

Honestly though, is there really anything to prevent Protege from copying Elaine's power (assuming she doesnt kill Protege before he does).

His power make is very hard to debate against him.. o_O.. worst ability created in marvel reality.

Plenty of people on the Vine claim their can only be 1 Omnipotent being so that means he wouldn't be able to. And Protege was created in the end by God, like everyone since God = Writters. They gave him his powers. He won't be able to affect someone who's way above him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

Plenty of people on the Vine claim their can only be 1 Omnipotent being so that means he wouldn't be able to.

But nothing really prevents Protege from copying Elaine Belloc power and thereby making neither of them non-omnipotent because while they both can do absolutely everything else, they cant do anything against each other.

Plenty of people on the Vine claim their can only be 1 Omnipotent being so that means he wouldn't be able to. And Protege was created in the end by God, like everyone since God = Writters. They gave him his powers. He won't be able to affect someone who's way above him.

Dc comics has their own writers who are of course different from Presence, in fact writer himself (Grant Morrion) has appeared on panel so that should have no bearing on Protege ability to copy Elaine's power.

After all Elaine was given that power by Presence to begin with. Stands to reason it can be copied as well.

After all Protege copied the power of LT + all other abstracts there without breaking a sweat, its not like he has ever shown any limit on what he can and cant copy.

He was just stupid enough not to copy Scanthan power, likely because of plot than anything else.

He just has a very weird ability.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: If Ellaine is actually omnipotent then that alone prevents her from having her powers copied, if your omnipotent nothing bad can happen to you unless you allow it.

As you said yourself he choice to give her his power.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: If Ellaine is actually omnipotent then that alone prevents her from having her powers copied, if your omnipotent nothing bad can happen to you unless you allow it.

Omnipotence is very likely copiable, thats as been the case at least in marvel.

Besides you are talking about literal, perfect, by the book omnipotence, which of course by itself is impossible.

Elaine and Presence are omnipotent in the sense there are non more powerful than them.

As you said yourself he choice to give her his power.

Which also shows that power can be given, which also shows that despite Presence being all power, there was possible to have a second similarly powerful character, i.e. Elaine. So that does directly open the possibility that Protege could very well copy her power, doesnt it?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

@killemall:

Omnipotence is very likely copiable, thats as been the case at least in marvel.

Besides you are talking about literal, perfect, by the book omnipotence, which of course by itself is impossible.

Elaine and Presence are omnipotent in the sense there are non more powerful than them.

If your referring to Beyonder didn't he put himself in a position that allowed his powers to be taken.

No I'm referring to omnipotence that comes to as close as possible that we can understand within the way we think as this is still a comic written by normal people

If no one is more powerful than you and you know everything that will happen then someone can only copy your powers if you allow it.

Which also shows that power can be given, which also shows that despite Presence being all power, there was possible to have a second similarly powerful character, i.e. Elaine. So that does directly open the possibility that Protege could very well copy her power, doesnt it?

It shows that if you are omnipotent you can choose to stop being omnipotent assuming that he either gave up his power or gave her the ability to oppose his actions so Protege could copy her powers if Ellaine allowed it but she wouldn't as she goes into this fight knowing he doesn't have her best interests at heart.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your referring to Beyonder didn't he put himself in a position that allowed his powers to be taken.

1. No Beyonder did absolutely no such thing.

2. I wasnt talking about Beyonder, but rather marvel idea of a flexible level of infinity

If no one is more powerful than you and you know everything that will happen then someone can only copy your powers if you allow it.

Ok could you prove that??

I would be interested to hear.

Because the way i see it, Protege had no problem copying power from Mephisto - to Beyonder - to abstracts - to LT, seem to suggest copying Elaine power should be no different either.

It shows that if you are omnipotent you can choose to stop being omnipotent assuming that he either gave up his power or gave her the ability to oppose his actions so Protege could copy her powers if Ellaine allowed it but she wouldn't as she goes into this fight knowing he doesn't have her best interests at heart.

This is just word play on what "omnipotent" should mean and stuffs, its clearly we disagree that matter so yeah better to leave it at that.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

1. No Beyonder did absolutely no such thing.

2. I wasnt talking about Beyonder, but rather marvel idea of a flexible level of infinity

Doesn't that just mean none of these characters where ever infinitely powerful and any mention of omnipotence was just hyperbole if there was always someone better.

Ok could you prove that??

I would be interested to hear

Because the way i see it, Protege had no problem copying power from Mephisto - to Beyonder - to abstracts - to LT, seem to suggest copying Elaine power should be no different either.

The way you see it is that he has no limit fallacy and can copy anyone's power regardless if they want him to or not. Black Alice stole the Specters power and you can't prove she can't possibly take the TOAA or the Presences because just like you I'm asking for a very specific event.

I am just safely assuming that characters with complete control over creation and know everything that will happen within it will not have someone within creation steal there power unless they allow it.

This is just word play on what "omnipotent" should mean and stuffs, its clearly we disagree that matter so yeah better to leave it at that.

No isn't, I'm assuming that someone with control over all of creation can stop the ability of someone within creation. Your assuming Proteges mimic ability trumps everything.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it as long someone is a comic book character and their power can be shared, it can be copied.

Elaine's powers were given so they not unique in anyway Protege copies and either stomps or stalemates

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: Your point is only correct in the sense that a writer can take a character that is confirmed within the setting as bullet-proof and then write someone killing that guy with a normal gun, example Bendis who had Hawkeyes one shot Mr Negative with an off-hand punch in an Avengers issues despite having a building dropped on him and walking away in an earlier Spiderman issue.

Also a power being given doesn't mean it's not unique.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elaine's with mcihael's power, gets slaughtered..............elaine with God's power, wins.

Abnegazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle somewhat interesting, mainly because Protège have defeated the Living Tribunal in the Universe 691.Anyway, Elaine win. She is practically the Presence.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24 Posted by lol (1581 posts) - 10 minutes, 56 seconds ago - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Protege wins.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can copy all the power Protege.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@taylan93: seriously? Elaine with full power given to her by the Presence is way more powerful than Protege has ever been. She first gained unimaginable power, then she was manipulation creation as easily as I can manipulate a picture using a computer, then she was designing realms and lastly, she finally got the hang of omnipresence, omnipotence and omniscience. You bumped a banned thread to pick the loser, thats pretty incredible.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa The user just bumps Protégé threads to say Protégé wins (no matter who is fighting who).

I don't think you're going to get a response or anything.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Couldn't Protégé just copy her power, I still don't see why he couldn't.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Protégé needs to visually observe someone performing/using their powers before actually copying them (and even then, it's not a perfect copy of their powers).

Give Elaine's omniscience, I don't see why she wouldn't know of this, and in doing so, she could block her eyesight (which has been successfully done twice in the comics to prevent him from copying).

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that's omnipotent wins.

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I see. @claymore1998: Protege has to see the power being used to copy it. Eliane has never fired a blast nor used any visible power after she gained omnipotence:

She copy pasted a woman from Hell to Earth, then replaced her memory.

She defeated the spawn of the Basanos by reversing time on her, then removed her power and her memory.

She flew through hell, and erased everything, the ground, the sky....

Just by talking, she changed history.

She created realms for the place that once was hell.

She erased forgotten gods without being anywhere near the realm it was in.

Then gave almost every one of her friends endings.

Then she arrived everywhere at once.

All those she did just by willing it to happen, no dramatic blasts of power, nothing. Her will held Creation together.

Protege couldn't even beat her with her fathers power, much less her grandfathers gift.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By taylan93

Protege wins.

Protege > Living Tribunal

TOAA gave power to LT

Presence gave power to Elaine

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mysticmedivh

@taylan93 said:

Protege wins.

Protege > Living Tribunal

TOAA gave power to LT

Presence gave power to the Spectre, doesn't mean he's above Michael Demiurgos. Your last point is redundant.

How is Protégé > LT? He only copied his powers (if anything that should mean they're even).

Even then, Protégé's copies can be imperfect and incomplete, as shown when he encountered the Beyonder. He's shown the need to learn how to use the powers too, as he has been inexperienced with them.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taylan93 said:

The story should be. Good wins.

And Protégé is a bad guy.

So good (Elaine) wins.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By skyroid

Elaine is made God. She is omnipotent. She can just kill protege, erase him, take away his power. he copied Living Tribunal who isn't omnipotent.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: the guy is a troll. Or incredibly you know what.

I mean, the logic he used in post 38 proved that.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998 said:

Protégé needs to visually observe someone performing/using their powers before actually copying them (and even then, it's not a perfect copy of their powers).

Give Elaine's omniscience, I don't see why she wouldn't know of this, and in doing so, she could block her eyesight (which has been successfully done twice in the comics to prevent him from copying).

Depends on which part of the story you focus on. While Protege seem to have the same at the beginning of the arc he had no such problem against Living Tribunal and copied his powers in totality without Living Tribunal even lifting his fingers. He did not even need to see LT use his powers to copy it.

If you look at earlier in the story Living Tribunal tells as much to Eternity anyways, that the boy's power is evolving and it is likely the greatest power in ALL realities (often interpreted as omniverse- complete marvel actuality). His powers were booming as the story went on.

While omniscience is an interesting concept, a lot of characters Protege humbled had the same powers, not sure if they would be on the same scale of Elaine though. Heck during Warlock and the Infinity Watch, Eternity tries to trick Living Tribunal by fabricating a new story and motive on why he should completely negate the infinity gems powers. Living Tribunal at the end of the story calmly explains there is nothing hidden from his side, he seems all, and he knew what Eternity's true motive was from the beginning. He couldnt stop Protege , he needed the help from Scanthan and 2 artifacts that have neither been seen before nor ever since: the celestial muzzle and eternal hourglass.

My understanding was, Protege powers were so ridiculous they really need a giant plot device in order to defeat him, and hence Scanthan and the 2 artifacts, none of whom are ever referred to any stories again.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@claymore1998 said:

Depends on which part of the story you focus on. While Protege seem to have the same at the beginning of the arc he had no such problem against Living Tribunal and copied his powers in totality without Living Tribunal even lifting his fingers. He did not even need to see LT use his powers to copy it.

If you look at earlier in the story Living Tribunal tells as much to Eternity anyways, that the boy's power is evolving and it is likely the greatest power in ALL realities (often interpreted as omniverse- complete marvel actuality). His powers were booming as the story went on.

While omniscience is an interesting concept, a lot of characters Protege humbled had the same powers, not sure if they would be on the same scale of Elaine though. Heck during Warlock and the Infinity Watch, Eternity tries to trick Living Tribunal by fabricating a new story and motive on why he should completely negate the infinity gems powers. Living Tribunal at the end of the story calmly explains there is nothing hidden from his side, he seems all, and he knew what Eternity's true motive was from the beginning. He couldnt stop Protege , he needed the help from Scanthan and 2 artifacts that have neither been seen before nor ever since: the celestial muzzle and eternal hourglass.

My understanding was, Protege powers were so ridiculous they really need a giant plot device in order to defeat him, and hence Scanthan and the 2 artifacts, none of whom are ever referred to any stories again.

I believe all realities probably referred to as multiverse.

No Caption Provided

In issue #46 of Guardians of the Galaxy, the Beyonder tells us that Protégé did not duplicate all of his abilities.

No Caption Provided

Inside the Living Tribunal's Star Chamber, Protégé confirms that he was concentrating on duplicating the power displays that he had observed thus far, meaning LT and the others had displayed powers (off-panel?) and he was indeed visually observing them in order to copy them.

No Caption Provided

Even after Protégé apparently copied LT's powers and claimed he was the new One Above All, he says this:

No Caption Provided

Even then, his statement suggests that he had not yet fully copied all of their powers completely.

And then, before he actually does anything, Scathan comes in and disapproves, resulting in his defeat.

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By taylan93
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Protege to copy all the power.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why The Presence would not be able to emulate Scathan. Scathan, while unique, is part of the multiverse and is not beyond omnipotence. Saying that he can do something The Presence can't is farcical and that is Ellaine's power -- there is no meeting point between her and the presence like there is TOAA and LT. She IS The Presence.

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By taylan93
No Caption Provided

Winner

doomsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points