Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kingjohnrocks
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No prep time,

Battle takes place in Egypt and Apokolips

Battle ends in conquer/defense of egypt, and conquer/defense of Apokolips, KO, death, or surrender

BFR outlawed

Round 1: Egyptian gods vs New gods in egypt

Round 2: Egyptian gods vs new gods in Apokolips

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MethoKi

I have no idea...

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MethoKi

^By that I mean I have no idea what the Egyptian Gods are suppose to do..

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

Im not sure about this one, what do you think?

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

@Batman242: @Kingjohnrocks:

I don't know all of the Egyptian Gods but I'l' give it a whirl.

Ra is god of the Sun so I imagine he would have complete control over it and possibly even other stars.

And then Anubis is the god of death so team 1 also has complete control over death

Horus is also a Sun god and God of War and Protection

Isis is the protector of the dead and goddess of children so...yeah... but has magical powers like resurrection

Set is god of desert storms, darkness and chaos

Osiris is god of the afterlife, underworld, and the dead

Thoth sucks

Sobek created the world aside from the sea of chaos

Hathor is goddess of the sky, love, beauty, mining and some other stuff you don't care about

I'm not quite sure about this either

If Atum was in this, team 1 would have a really good chance

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

@Kingjohnrocks: As in Egyptian Gods from Egyptian Mythology?

@UltimateHero0406 said:

Ra is god of the Sun so I imagine he would have complete control over it and possibly even other stars.

What? The Sun was not portrayed as a simple star in Egyptian Mythology, but rather a central source of Ma'at, a fruit of the universe.

I also have no idea how Ra can be the Sun and then control other stars by being a Sun God. A little non sequitur, don't you think?

And then Anubis is the god of death so team 1 also has complete control over death

No, Anubis is the God of the dead, embalming, mummification, and so on, but not death itself.

Isis is the protector of the dead and goddess of children so...yeah... but has magical powers like resurrection

And she was the Queen of Heaven. She was known as the Mother of Egypt.

Thoth sucks.

LOL. Are you serious? Thoth's wife was Ma'at (truth, order, law, balance and so on, and which Ra was a source of) and he held power in one had, and life in another.

Sometimes he was portrayed as leading the Ogdoad (a group of eight deities, each of which is probably as powerful as Ra or more powerful), and he is depicted as maintaining the universe.

Thoth is also known as the tongue (and sometimes thought) of Ptah, the god of creation:

But it is in Memphis, capital of the pharaohs of the First Dynasty, that the most systematic theology was articulated, around the god Ptah. The principal text of what has been called the "Memphite theology" was engraved on stone in the time of the Pharaoh Shakaba (ca. 700 B.C.), but the original was composed some two thousand years earlier. It is surprising that the earliest Egyptian cosmogony yet known is also the most philosophical. For Ptah created by his mind (his "heart") and his word (his "tongue"). "He who manifested himself as the heart (=mind), he who manifested himself as the tongue (=word), under the appearance of Atu,. he is Ptah the most ancient". Ptah is proclaimed the greatest god, Atum being considered only the author of the first divine couple. It is Ptah "who made the gods exist." Afterward, the gods assumed their visible bodies, entering into "every kind of plant, every king of stone, every kind of clay, into everything that sprouts on its surface (i.e., of the earth) and by which they can manifest themselves."

-- Taken from A History of Religious Ideas Vol. 1

Ptah had created the gods and the world by the power of the Word.

The magical reading, was, of course, the easiest: it implied only faith in the omnipotence of the word.

Sobek created the world aside from the sea of chaos

Sobek is only sometimes associated with the creation of the world, where he emerged out of Nu/Nun (the waters you are referring to), but did not create with those waters.

Hathor is goddess of the sky, love, beauty, mining and some other stuff you don't care about

Umm....... no. Hathor was the goddess of the heavens, generally considered as Ra's daughter (although sometimes Ra's mother). She is also known as the Eye of Ra, an extension of Ra's power and will. She was also an alternative form of the goddess of war and blood, Sekhmet, who destroyed so much Ra was forced to trick her into submssion. Sekhmet is also said to create the deserts with her breath.

If Atum was in this, team 1 would have a really good chance

Atum was quite similar to Ra, to the point that they were merged and turned into Atum-Ra (sometimes Ra-Atum), so there's not much difference.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

Yes egyptian mythology.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@Kingjohnrocks: I'm not an expert on the New Gods, but they appear to be universal or less in power.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whydama

I adored Sekhmet/Bast in Marvel. Insanity kitty and a pleasing little kitten in one package.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShootingNova: @UltimateHero0406 said:

I don't know all of the Egyptian Gods but I'l' give it a whirl.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShootingNova

@UltimateHero0406: Yeah, I know. I was just trying to prevent others from getting mislead on certain matters.

Also, some of what you posted was illogical.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By allanvdsouza

At the beginning there was only the Sea of Chaos, then the first land, the first obelisk, the symbol of Ma'at, came from Chaos, creation from destruction, and from it, Ra rose.

Ra is the most powerful among all the other gods and is only surpassed by Apophis the Chaos Serpent in power and might. As the god of creation and renewal, he is able to replenish energy and give vitality by just his presence.

Isis has all the standard abilities of a god, but she possesses even greater magical abilities.

Thoth is the god of wisdom, so, he know almost everything in the universe.

I will not talk abou the other egyptian gods, but i think that they would defeat the new gods.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Egyptian Gods

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On paper, given most of the Egyptian Gods titles and what they control. Shouldn't they win?

ImmortalDrFAte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Egyptian Gods win. In DC comics they are shown to be incredibly powerful, with bands made of the light of Amon-Ra and the wisdom of Thoth being used to lock up two renegade lords of order and chaos which had literally shaped the multiverse into their own will. Thoth does not suck, he was as ancient as Atum, and he God of wisdom, Knowledge, the moon, time, and Magic. In fact the book of Thoth containing his knowledge contains spells granting the user utter control over the universe. The Egyptians have some much going for them, multiple Gods of time, light, the air, protection and magic, and they were shown to be basically one form of lords of order, and above the new Gods.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points