The battle for the high seas has begun.

Edward Kenway

No Caption Provided

vs.

Cervantes de Leon

No Caption Provided

--------------------

- In character.

- 1 day prep for each. They can choose to use this time to gather more tools and equipment if they desire, but it can not be more than they can bring to the battle on their own person.

- Edward has four pistols with one shot each, and his two blades. His equipment is fully upgraded.

- Cervantes has his longsword and gunblade. He is tainted by Soul Edge but not wielding the sword itself.

- Battle takes place aboard the Flying Dutchman, in the center of the Atlantic, and in the dead center of a Category 2 Hurricane.

---------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

Bump >.>

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Ghost Pirate

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joygirl: Who's the other guy? I know only one Cervantes and he's a Spanish Novelist. Give me a lowdown on his feats, please.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: He's a badass ghost zombie pirate from Soul Calibur. As with most fighting games his feats are a little on the sticky side unfortunately, someone else may know more than me (I only played one of the games).

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@darkazrael999: He's a badass ghost zombie pirate from Soul Calibur. As with most fighting games his feats are a little on the sticky side unfortunately, someone else may know more than me (I only played one of the games).

Sounds like he's Superhuman. Does he have any special abilities, lore-wise? Enhanced speed, strength or other mystical powers? If so, then he wins.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Sounds like he's Superhuman. Does he have any special abilities, lore-wise? Enhanced speed, strength or other mystical powers? If so, then he wins.

He's durable and he can do short-ranged, single-plane teleports. Not as acrobatic as Kenway though, and he has lost to non-powered characters before (like Ivy).

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WarBlade539

@joygirl said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@joygirl said:

He's durable and he can do short-ranged, single-plane teleports. Not as acrobatic as Kenway though, and he has lost to non-powered characters before (like Ivy).

That's it? What about those two swords? Are they anything special?

If he can do a 'teleport-slice' before Edward can react, then he wins. Depends on how fast the maneuver is really. And to be fair, Edward doesn't have any quantifiable feats himself. He did beat a lot of Templar warriors and he is regarded as a dirty, resourceful fighter but I dunno if that will be enough.

It's always a chore to debate on characters like these.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: His current swords are tainted but don't have supernatural abilities. The longsword is just a sword, the short sword has a pistol in the handle.

It can be a chore, yeah, but I really wanted to make the thread. >.> Pretty much the two coolest pirates out there.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@darkazrael999: His current swords are tainted but don't have supernatural abilities. The longsword is just a sword, the short sword has a pistol in the handle.

It can be a chore, yeah, but I really wanted to make the thread. >.> Pretty much the two coolest pirates out there.

I agree with you on that. Kenway is a boss, much more so than his son and grandson. I don't know much about the other guy but he looks badass. Never really played any of the Caliber games so need to get into that.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cervantes was the weilder of Sould Edge before Siegfried. He is also the father of Ivy Valentine.

In his most recent version Soul caliber V he is no longer under control of Soul Edge and his aplerance is that of a normal human but he is at his most powerful apparenttly.

However that image is from his soul calibur IV apperance so I guess we are using that version

Defeated Li Long, when the latter wanted to have Soul Edge in Soul Edge.

Fatally wounded Yoshimitsu before the events of Soulcalibur V.

These are his two canon victories in the franchise.

He has lost to

- Taki and sophita( they fought him together)

- Ivy

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ummm isn't Cervantes immortal and very hard to kill? he beats edward

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a mismatch...

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a mismatch...

I wouldn't go a far as saying that this is a mismatch, but Cervantes wins this IMO; he has to many abilities that I don't think Ed can counter outright.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

This is a mismatch...

I wouldn't go a far as saying that this is a mismatch, but Cervantes wins this IMO; he has to many abilities that I don't think Ed can counter outright.

The guy is an immortal who can levitate, air dash, teleport and launch people in the air with his magical sword and gun blade with relative ease.....it's not a mismatch?

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cervantes takes this, even without Soul Edge influence he is superhuman. He can speed blitz Edward quite easily and can teleport at will. He can jump much higher than a regular human (and stay there) and can fight from range if need be. This is hard on Edward I'm afraid, he simply won't be able to touch Cervantes whereas the former vessel of Soul Edge has numerous ways to put him down

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

This is a mismatch...

The guy is an immortal who can levitate, air dash, teleport and launch people in the air with his magical sword and gun blade with relative ease.....it's not a mismatch?

Ed's Eagle sense coupled with prep IMO give him a pretty good chance to compete. But since the OP doesn't mention any items, I'm guessing that those are out (I think with certain items and/or armors Ed could even win).

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if you just keep pressing B when he attacks, does Kenway dodge them:o

Idk much about the Ghost Pirate dude but I bump for fun

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

This is a mismatch...

Ed's Eagle sense coupled with prep IMO give him a pretty good chance to compete. But since the OP doesn't mention any items, I'm guessing that those are out (I think with certain items and/or armors Ed could even win).

Op says Cervantes has gunblades.......eagle sense is useless here, there is no way you can make an argument for edward not to get one shotted after Cervantes teleports behind him.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

This is a mismatch...

Op says Cervantes has gunblades.......eagle sense is useless here, there is no way you can make an argument for edward not to get one shotted after Cervantes teleports behind him.

The argument is whether or not Cervantes can hit him clean / one shot him before Ed does any damage. Characters with less combat experience and less mobility have kept pace with Cervantes before, and have even beaten him.

Sure Cervantes can Teleport behind Ed and do damage, but with Prep Ed knows he can do that, and with Eagle sense he'll know/be able to read Cervantes intentions pretty easily.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The argument is whether or not Cervantes can hit him clean / one shot him before Ed does any damage. Characters with less combat experience and less mobility have kept pace with Cervantes before, and have even beaten him.

Sure Cervantes can Teleport behind Ed and do damage, but with Prep Ed knows he can do that, and with Eagle sense he'll know/be able to read Cervantes intentions pretty easily.

That isn't how eagle sense works, I've beaten AC4. I can track an enemy, highlight him and watch him from afar, it's is utterly useless up close. Edward would not be able to react to Cervantes and what you said about characters with less experience and mobility is true and false at the same time. Sophitia and Taki had to team up to beat him and that was after a lengthy battle, Sofitia is a seasoned Athenian soldier and one of the finest at that with somewhat enchanted gear, Taki has magical weapons and has chi powers that allow her to teleport as well. Ivy is his daughter with a magical sword too and knows him. Sophitia , Taki and Ivy would absolutely stomp/one-shot Edward without any difficulty in the slightest as they outmatch him and are WAY more experienced fighters than him with way better weapons and abilities. Using that argument like you did is meaningless since it applies to fighters that outclass the one you're comparing them to, so quit while you're ahead.

This is a mismatch, Edward wouldn't even know about Cervante's powers. Having prep only means you have time to prepare using anything you wouldn't be able to use in a random encounter, a character can use whatever they would normally be able to get their hands on under their own power within the allotted time (In this case, 1 day). However, the OP did not mention that they had any prior knowledge of each other's history or abilities. With that in mind, there is no reason to assume they know anything about each other. Even if they did, Cervantes would know about eagle vision and the fact that it is utterly useless here as well as the fact that Edward has no way to counter his abilities. On the other hand Edward would know about Cervante's powers and would have to assume he's going to die anyway since he clearly is, the very best he could do is buy some bombs and set up a huge trap. No point wasting time on sleep/berserk poisons since he's fighting a dead man, hook shot is useless since he's fighting a stronger opponent would pull the rope with him. Can't shoot him down with only four shots at a time since Cervantes can teleport, shoot back or super speed dash. Honestly...the only way I see him winning, he's going to end up killing himself as the only way to even hope to win and if that's the only thing he could do, this is a mismatch, Edward gets crucified, one shotted.

Since you seem to lack some knowledge about how the battle rules work, I suggest you brush up.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By onilordasmodeus

That isn't how eagle sense works, I've beaten AC4. I can track an enemy, highlight him and watch him from afar, it's is utterly useless up close. Edward would not be able to react to Cervantes and what you said about characters with less experience and mobility is true and false at the same time. Sophitia and Taki had to team up to beat him and that was after a lengthy battle, Sofitia is a seasoned Athenian soldier and one of the finest at that with somewhat enchanted gear, Taki has magical weapons and has chi powers that allow her to teleport as well. Ivy is his daughter with a magical sword too and knows him. Sophitia , Taki and Ivy would absolutely stomp/one-shot Edward without any difficulty in the slightest as they outmatch him and are WAY more experienced fighters than him with way better weapons and abilities. Using that argument like you did is meaningless since it applies to fighters that outclass the one you're comparing them to, so quit while you're ahead.

This is a mismatch, Edward wouldn't even know about Cervante's powers. Having prep only means you have time to prepare using anything you wouldn't be able to use in a random encounter, a character can use whatever they would normally be able to get their hands on under their own power within the allotted time (In this case, 1 day). However, the OP did not mention that they had any prior knowledge of each other's history or abilities. With that in mind, there is no reason to assume they know anything about each other. Even if they did, Cervantes would know about eagle vision and the fact that it is utterly useless here as well as the fact that Edward has no way to counter his abilities. On the other hand Edward would know about Cervante's powers and would have to assume he's going to die anyway since he clearly is, the very best he could do is buy some bombs and set up a huge trap. No point wasting time on sleep/berserk poisons since he's fighting a dead man, hook shot is useless since he's fighting a stronger opponent would pull the rope with him. Can't shoot him down with only four shots at a time since Cervantes can teleport, shoot back or super speed dash. Honestly...the only way I see him winning, he's going to end up killing himself as the only way to even hope to win and if that's the only thing he could do, this is a mismatch, Edward gets crucified, one shotted.

Since you seem to lack some knowledge about how the battle rules work, I suggest you brush up.

You may have a point about the way generic prep may work, but a lot of the other stuff you talked about is slightly off.

Eagle Vision / Sense allows all the Assassins to track enemies and all that stuff like you said by sensing his opponent's intentions and all that, but it is also one of the reasons they are so good in up close battle. Not only are each of the Assassins extremely skilled in cqc, but in combat, those icons that pop up over the enemies head the player is playing in animus, those are the "intentions" of that enemy represented in the Animus. In reality, that is the player tapping into the Assassin's ability to read his opponent which allows them to react as such. Officially, Eagle Vision/Sense is said to be the Assassin's sixth sense, and it is what sets them apart and makes them slightly more that human. It is why "those who have the sense" are deemed special by those around them, and why Desmond's bloodline is so important.

You also have a point about Sophitia and Taki having to double team Cervantes to take him down, but that is really here nor there as I'm not even making a case that with the gear proposed in the OP that Edward would win, I just said it's not a mismatch. Regardless, both Sophitia and Taki are extremely skilled no doubt, but neither of them are "above" Edward or any of the other named assassins in terms of skill of experience at all; and just as you mentioned about their enchanted gear and chi powers giving them an edge, so to does Edward have access to "enchanted gear" (though it is not in this fight, which was one of my points), as well as the fact that he (as well as the other assassins) has officially been said to have a sixth sense; there senses are essentially super human. With the right prep and gear, the assassin's can hold their own with most of these guys/gals in 1v1, and that is a fact seeing as how Ezio made a appearance in SC5 and did just that.

Like I said before, this isn't a mismatch, but clearly Edward has an up hill battle before him when up against Cervantes. Of all the Assassins though, Edward is the most gifted when it comes to raw talent in terms of combat and mobility, as well as the fact that he is probably the best in terms of ability to read a situation and adapt. He arguably is the most agile of the Assassins too, right there with Connor, and depending on gear could be the most versatile.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cervantes should stomp...

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Edward is the least versatile when it comes to gear since he has the least gear of all the assassins (Maybe accept Altiar, but Connor and Ezio have the most for sure). Just because he has slightly better reactions than a normal human it doesn't mean he can take on a full blown super human, he isn't Spider-Man and his senses aren't good enough to dodge bullets. Taki takes on Mitsurugi several times and he is a bullet timer, I'm not saying it makes her a bullet timer, but she regularly faces off with a fast opponent and does well...considering Cervantes is double team material and he has super speed I'd say he's going to stomp Edward has no skill training whatsoever besides some fencing when dealing with hordes of literal cannon fodder, while most Soul Calibur Characters are experts and masters at their craft who fight other experts and masters regularly. Also, saying that people who's lives are devoted to combat aren't more skilled or experienced than an assassin like Edward who's time as an assassin hasn't even made him a better fighter and he's barely even fought any notable or skilled fighters....is ludicrous. You're forgetting the fact or just straight up ignoring the fact that he is fighting a more skilled, more experienced, more durable, more brutal, stronger, faster, super-powered, nigh-immortal opponent who has enchanted gear. Edward has no experience fighting such an opponent and wouldn't even be able to anticipate a single one of his powers, even if he manages to dodge him...he will get one shotted without dealing nearly enough damage which constitutes as a mismatch and a stomp in Cervante's favor.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Edward is the least versatile when it comes to gear since he has the least gear of all the assassins (Maybe accept Altiar, but Connor and Ezio have the most for sure). Just because he has slightly better reactions than a normal human it doesn't mean he can take on a full blown super human, he isn't Spider-Man and his senses aren't good enough to dodge bullets. Taki takes on Mitsurugi several times and he is a bullet timer, I'm not saying it makes her a bullet timer, but she regularly faces off with a fast opponent and does well...considering Cervantes is double team material and he has super speed I'd say he's going to stomp Edward has no skill training whatsoever besides some fencing when dealing with hordes of literal cannon fodder, while most Soul Calibur Characters are experts and masters at their craft who fight other experts and masters regularly. Also, saying that people who's lives are devoted to combat aren't more skilled or experienced than an assassin like Edward who's time as an assassin hasn't even made him a better fighter and he's barely even fought any notable or skilled fighters....is ludicrous. You're forgetting the fact or just straight up ignoring the fact that he is fighting a more skilled, more experienced, more durable, more brutal, stronger, faster, super-powered, nigh-immortal opponent who has enchanted gear. Edward has no experience fighting such an opponent and wouldn't even be able to anticipate a single one of his powers, even if he manages to dodge him...he will get one shotted without dealing nearly enough damage which constitutes as a mismatch and a stomp in Cervante's favor.

The quantity of gear isn't in question here, it is the quality. If Edward had the best of his gear then Cervantes' guns would be utterly useless here, as Edward wouldn't have to dodge gunfire at all; he'd be essentially immune. And Edward and the other Assassins don't have "slightly better reactions than a normal human," they can predict their opponents movements which is what makes them so deadly. Point a gun/bow at them and they can avoid the shot not because the see the bullet/arrow, but because they know where you want to shoot.

Also, "training" mean little here as Edward has years (and years) of experience, and as in most cases, "real world" experience trumps training. Not only did Edward take down tons of fodder, but he infiltrated an Assassin stronghold with little issue and was able to subdue most/all of those "trained" assassins. Not only that though, he has also taken down dozens of trained soldiers at a time both on the open sea, while raiding plantations, or when taking the various other strongholds that he did. Also, the fact that he can run unabated across the masts of a sailing ship during a storm is a clear and ridiculous showing of the level of balance and agility that is at, and is up to a level that I would say none of the SC characters in question have ever really shown. Like I originally said, Edward is the most gifted of the Assassins because unlike Altair, or Ezio, or Connor who all had mentors and trained to learn the ways of the Assassins, Edward was just born good, and he proved how good he was by doing the things he did throughout AC4.

"You're forgetting the fact or just straight up ignoring the fact that he is fighting a more skilled, more experienced, more durable, more brutal, stronger, faster, super-powered, nigh-immortal opponent who has enchanted gear."

• More skilled...I question that. Who trained Cervantes? I think both Cervantes and Edward learned the ways of battle through their various pirate exploits.
  • More experienced...yes, seeing as how Cervantes is 55 years old and is still fighting, while Ed's exploits stopped when he was about 30.
  • More durable...yes, Cervantes is undead and can most likely take a lot of punishment.
  • More brutal; I'd say equal.
  • Faster...yes, due to teleportation.
  • Stronger...probably, due to Soul Edge's power.

None of the things you have mentioned here have I over looked or ignored, I'm just taking into consideration everything in question. Do you realize that one of the reasons that Ivy was able to fight Cervantes straight up was because of here ability to anticipate Cervantes and react accordingly? (Besides the fact that she has a sentient weapon that fights with her) Edwards ability to anticipate and react is beyond Ivy's no doubt, and you wouldn't say Cervantes vs. Ivy (without valentine) would be a stomp would you?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Ivy can take on Cervantes because she has the skill and experience to do so, as well as having a magical whip blade that has a mind of it's own. It digs under stone to surprise opponents and reaches far...even going to the point of complete dis-assembly just to chase the opponent with each individual flying blade part....That's why she can fight Cervantes, Edward has no means to do the same. Speaking of which, she lost to Cervantes, got half her soul stolen and only managed to defeat him in their second encounter...

Going back to quality gear, Cervantes's standard gear is better by far, Edwards best gear is still useless even if he had it cus that would only stop one mode of attack for Cervantes. Also, going back to Cervantes vs Sophitia and Taki.....I forgot to add that the German knight Siegfried helped them as well...a 3 on 1.... Cervantes is more skilled because he has shown that he can contend with 3 skilled opponents at once who have their own feats of skill. Kenway took down FEATLESS assassins, fodder....

Edward doesn't have a shot here trying to take on a superhuman....Conner would do a better job than him cus Edward being born good means nothing since Conner is better than him anyway....there is no way to explain how he'd avoid getting stomped just cus he has eagle vision which didn't stop him from getting captured several times.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...