Edward Elric vs Static

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Now this should be a good one. Milestone Static is fighting manga Ed, who has his Norrhern automail.

Actually, which is better; both of his regular human arms, or one human and the other automail?

The fight takes place in Amestris. Win is by killing the opponent. Random encounter with no prior knowledge for either side. No New 52, Post Crisis, cartoon, 2003 anime, or movie feats allowed. No Philosopher's Stones or any other amps for either side here. Virgil and Ed are each in character.

Who wins?

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Static freezes Ed to the ground using the same strategy he used against Flash. I'm not big on FMA, but if Ed doesn't have any ranged attacks, he's not touching Static.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackWind

Static would win easily. Ed would try to go for h2h, or get a spear or his wrist blade. And that is where he will fail.

First of all, Ed is not going to have good luck hitting a flying opponent. And it won't matter if Ed has automail or real limbs, because a common tactic that Static uses right out the gate is to static cling his foe to a wall. Or just immobalize them by levitating them in the air.

Once Ed is trapped, Static can do whatever he wants to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: If he was shown to do that in the comics then ok, but right now I don't think Static can do that because that instance occurred in the cartoon.

And I think Ed does have ranged attacks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: ...damn. I'm seriously at a loss for opponents to pit against Static.

But could Ed beat Static in h2h? I imagine Virgil could enhance himself like Black Lightning or the Raikage.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I haven't seen anything from Ed which suggests he can take Static

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: It's an extension of his powers: the medium has nothing to do with it. Either way, unless Ed has the capabilities of having his ranged attacks, whatever they are, homing attacks, Static will likely just dodge them. Don't forget that his electricity has the ability to move objects as well as hurt his enemies.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Virgil isn't a h2h fighter, Ed would win there easily. Though if he touched Ed he would probably cripple him since automail is attached to his nervous system.

Static is a pretty strong metahuman. He has a good mix of energy projection, intelligence, both book smart and tactics, defense barriers, flight, and a measure of energy manipulation. So he is pretty stacked on all fronts.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackWind

@shiryu: @mrunsmiley: Static has actually trolled a speedster in the comics as well. Though the feat isn't in his respect thread, I don't believe.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ovid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers