Setting:Gotham

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dredeuced

I'm assuming also morals off, because bloodlusted Batman doesn't kill anyone with morals still on.

That said, Edward stomps. He's effectively a mid tier matter manipulator with bullet dodging reflexes and speed to go with superhuman strength in two limbs(assuming we're using pre-Limb restored, no alchemy Edward). Batman would get caught in a giant earth dome and exploded from the inside out if Edward was trying to kill him.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dextersinister

Batman would win this on his reflexes taking Ed out quickly. Full Metal was nice in that the protagonist's where not hyper combatant combat monsters, the boys where skilled in their art but when it came to actual combat they where simply ok.

I read the original manga so this may be untrue for the anime.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dredeuced

@Dextersinister said:

Batman would win this on his reflexes taking Ed out quickly. Full Metal was nice in that the protagonist's where not hyper combatant combat monsters, the boys where skilled in their art but when it came to actual combat they where simply ok.

How would Batman even take out Ed? He opened the series by being able to react to bullets (vs priest, made a wall faster than the guy could shoot him), so he can respond and counter anything Batman can throw at him with absurd transmutation power. Top that with literally the entire battlefield turning into a giant earthen vice trap for Bats and I don't see how he wins unless they start 3 feet apart.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dextersinister

@Dredeuced said:

@Dextersinister said:

How would Batman even take out Ed? He opened the series by being able to react to bullets (vs priest, made a wall faster than the guy could shoot him), so he can respond and counter anything Batman can throw at him with absurd transmutation power. Top that with literally the entire battlefield turning into a giant earthen vice trap for Bats and I don't see how he wins unless they start 3 feet apart.

He didn't react to bullets he reacted to the guy pulling out a large minigun and it reving up to fire. The Elric where never portrayed as the best fighters like Scar or Flame hand guy they where the problem solvers.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Dredeuced: Yes Morals are off.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dredeuced

@Dextersinister said:

@Dredeuced said:

@Dextersinister said:

He didn't react to bullets he reacted to the guy pulling out a large minigun and it reving up to fire. The Elric where never portrayed as the best fighters like Scar or Flame hand guy they where the problem solvers.

Ed was literally faster and had better reactions than Scar in their second meeting after he had his limbs retooled not to weigh him down. Scar's a certified bullet dodger (there's multiple in the series, all of the ninjas, most of the homunculi etc etc), Ed's got arguably superhuman speed and reflexes, which should similarly match Bruce, and his power is way more effective, versatile, and lethal than Batman's. I don't see how Batman escapes his ability to vastly control the terrain. Ed could literally just make the entire ground underneath violently explode like Kimbley if he's bloodlusted, in an AoE that Batman couldn't avoid. Transmutation is a really, really powerful skillset for a street leveller.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Batman can win if he goes for sonics, gas, tranqs, or batarang to the eyes. However more info is needed in the OP. Like the starting distance for example. Anything less than 25 ft and I will give this to Batman, if they start a considerable distance then I will give it to Edward Elric.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NeonGameWave

Ed should win but it depends how far away he is from Batman. If he uses his instincts and manipulates the environment as fast as he can then he can win and probably kill Batman.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Batman wins.

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daaerk

This is a hard one, though I say Edward wins this unless Batman starts the battle close to Edward. Edward can pull off some big stunts with his alchemy, so due to that Batman gets crushed.

Daaerk