User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I wanna say he has a good shot of clearing if he used his alchemy properly.

But morals on he'll probably transmute that staff of his and get beat by Uncle Iroh.

Jmarshmallow

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Gets crushed by Toph.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toph

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed transforms his arm into a gun and slaughters.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would he lose to Toph? He's faster and can attack with just as much power.

I'd say he makes to Aang, then probably loses because of Avatar State.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed wins all except Toph. Haven't watched book 3 of Korra so don't know bout her

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what is with the toph wank? if anyone has watched/read the series you know ed mainly manipulates earth/metal whenever he used alchemy...what is stopping him from doing it against her?

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stops at aang.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

Why would he lose to Toph? He's faster and can attack with just as much power.

I'd say he makes to Aang, then probably loses because of Avatar State.

What if Aang doesn't go into the avatar state?

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datswampertazz: dude whats stopping him in this case is she would easily and more intricately do the same thing. Whe it comes to that shes the clear superior. Now idk what everyones saying i could see him beating toph but not with just that.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datswampertazz: dude whats stopping him in this case is she would easily and more intricately do the same thing. Whe it comes to that shes the clear superior. Now idk what everyones saying i could see him beating toph but not with just that.

He can do essentially what she can do, albeit to a lesser degree, the only difference being he's more versatile and he is also faster.

So really any attack she would use against him wouldn't really work.

Jmarshmallow

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nerdchore

@random_nerd: toph is awesome and more powerful to a degree but ed is smarter and faster than she is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: She could however just destroy his arm.. you know, metal bending!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

@jmarshmallow: She could however just destroy his arm.. you know, metal bending!

He does have the ability to transmute his arm IIRC. Against pride he turned his arm into the ultimate shield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yeah but that was only a layer on the front if i remember correctly, the rest was still metal. And then the argument could be made if she'd be able to bend the carbon, if it has the properties of earth or metal!

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed can potentially clear this

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@dewin50 said:

@jashro44: Yeah but that was only a layer on the front if i remember correctly, the rest was still metal. And then the argument could be made if she'd be able to bend the carbon, if it has the properties of earth or metal!

I'm fairly certain he turned his entire arm into carbon.

However, I could be wrong about that.

On the other hand, even if it was just that outer layer, carbon is nonmetallic. So she really shouldn't be able to bend it.

Jmarshmallow

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: idk about faster. Have u been keeping up with legend of korra. Her moves seem to be faster and almost effortless now. Ed ik just has to clap and tap. But toph doesnt even have to do that its just a single movement. Her movements i sould wager are faster then mr elrics and also she can predict what he will do and when he'll attack and the direction of his attacks usually. But he is more versatile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Well even if it is nonmetallic she's an earth bender and earth benders have shown able to bend other things like coal and sand, the possibility of her bending carbon isn't too far fetched.

However i'm not advocating this just wanted to say that an argument could be made for some people.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: idk about faster. Have u been keeping up with legend of korra. Her moves seem to be faster and almost effortless now. Ed ik just has to clap and tap. But toph doesnt even have to do that its just a single movement. Her movements i sould wager are faster then mr elrics and also she can predict what he will do and when he'll attack and the direction of his attacks usually. But he is more versatile.

Ed has been able to dodge bullets shot right in front of him, has been able to transmute faster than machine gun fire, was able to blitz a guy who commented that he was even faster than Scar (who has also dodged bullets casually and also kept up with Wrath, who is basically the fastest guy in the series), was able to react to all of Pride's shadow tendrils, etc.

He's definitely faster than Toph, who at best has Olympic Level physical attributes.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

@jmarshmallow: Well even if it is nonmetallic she's an earth bender and earth benders have shown able to bend other things like coal and sand, the possibility of her bending carbon isn't too far fetched.

Fair enough.

It's possible, I just don't know how good the odds are.

However i'm not advocating this just wanted to say that an argument could be made for some people.

Well of course! But IMO it's a very unlikely outcome. If she's gonna win (which IMO she won't) it's not really gonna be because she transmutes his arm.

How is she even gonna know he has a metal arm anyway? She's blind lol.

Jmarshmallow

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Then it's a toss up and could go either way. But I see Ed impaling him or something causing him to go into it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallowsaid:

Her..."vibration" vision does more then only showing her ones location IIRC. She gets a pretty clear picture of your look, stance, weight etc. She'd notice the weird shape and weight of the arm. Thankfully for her she's able to bend it from a distance and not needing to tag him to destroy it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

@jmarshmallowsaid:

Her..."vibration" vision does more then only showing her ones location IIRC. She gets a pretty clear picture of your look, stance, weight etc. She'd notice the weird shape and weight of the arm. Thankfully for her she's able to bend it from a distance and not needing to tag him to destroy it.

Bend it from a distance? How?

How could she bend an isolated body part from a distance? That doesn't make sense to me given how Earth-Bending works.

Jmarshmallow

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: .....i thought we were refering to just earthbending. If u mean like his actual movements yeah. Hey u know can i bring this up can u shoot toph with her knowing u were going too, or would she be abke to stop it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Well benders have never needed to touch the matter that they're bending meaning that she doesn't have to touch ed's arm to destroy it. But when i say from a distance i mean no further than maybe 10meters. witch shouldn't be a problem since Ed likes to get up close with his opponents, unaware of her metalbending.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: .....i thought we were refering to just earthbending. If u mean like his actual movements yeah. Hey u know can i bring this up can u shoot toph with her knowing u were going too, or would she be abke to stop it.

He was able to transmute a wall faster than machine gun fire, so that point is referring to just Earthbending.

Loading Video...

Notice that there's no wall prior to Cornello beginning to fire.

So, he's easily faster than Toph with both combat speed, reaction speed, and transmutation speed.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

@jmarshmallow: Well benders have never needed to touch the matter that they're bending meaning that she doesn't have to touch ed's arm to destroy it. But when i say from a distance i mean no further than maybe 10meters. witch shouldn't be a problem since Ed likes to get up close with his opponents, unaware of her metalbending.

Yes, but they're always in contact with the Earth when they do it.

Wasn't that one of the reasons Firebenders kept Earthbenders on ships in the middle of the ocean, so that they couldn't bend anything?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Their range have a limit witch the firebenders used to their advantage but in that same episode if you remember they used coal to fight back and they were able to bend it no problem without actually touching it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

@jmarshmallow: Their range have a limit witch the firebenders used to their advantage but in that same episode if you remember they used coal to fight back and they were able to bend it no problem without actually touching it.

Ah, you're right....

Hm. Fair enough, but I still think it's debatable, since throwing around coal is hardly equivalent to crushing somebody's metal arm, especially when that somebody is an immensely skilled State Alchemist.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:Yeah, Ed's skill and speed is the problem but i feel him not knowing her ability to bend metal will be his undoing.

A showing for her metalbending

Loading Video...

On the off chance that she can't bend his arm however she would be boned.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: Very impressive indeed!

But nothing there to suggest that she can metalbend his arm without being in direct contact with it.

And even if she does, he can just transmute it back.

So I'm still tempted to back Ed on that one. Too many advantages, whereas Toph's main hope is bending his arm.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Very impressive indeed!

Hahaha this sounds like you know when you applaud little kids for achieving something unimpressive and they're really happy and want the adults approval "Dhanks daddy dhanks :D"

:)

And even if she does, he can just transmute it back.

He needs both arms to do that tough.

An argument could be made that he'd be to fast for her to get a lock on his arm in witch case i'd still back her but give a few wins to Ed

But yeah her only chance here is to bend his arm and without it i don't see him winning.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Well.. the latest version of Ed can't use his alchemy either.. so i'd be weird if were using him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: That's why I said last version with powers lol.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Oh yeah...herp derp.

Well in that case Edward can definitely beat Toph!

Jmarshmallow

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure many Avatar characters in this gauntlet can react to split second lightning (not real lightning, but still moves faster than frame rates can move on the DVDs) as well causally react to 300 FPS arrows from bows all the time. So not sure why Ed is "faster" here.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at toph. she metal bends his arm off of him

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By haoalchemist

@jashro44:

Clears, Avatars and friends have no experience with guns.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure many Avatar characters in this gauntlet can react to split second lightning (not real lightning, but still moves faster than frame rates can move on the DVDs) as well causally react to 300 FPS arrows from bows all the time. So not sure why Ed is "faster" here.

Transmuting faster than machine gun fire > any bending speed any Avatar characters possess.

Jmarshmallow

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@h3dora101 said:

Transmuting faster than machine gun fire > any bending speed any Avatar characters possess.

Jmarshmallow

Not really. I seen the brothers have issues trying to transmute during slower attacks against them. So majority of feats > one time feat. Also what proof is there that the WW1 style weapons gunfire is faster or slower than the Fire bending made lightning?

Unless you have specific stats to throw out as facts, its all assumption.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Presuming Ed isn't jobbing, I could see him stopping at Zaheer, as Zaheers attacks can't be transmuted, and he's easily capable of avoiding Ed's attacks. And if Zaheer gets Edward in the air, it's over.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be hard pressed to see him get past Toph, and if by some miracle he does, Azula will kill him.

Ed 99% of the time will want to go hand-to-hand, with his blade arm. Some people are saying he'll pull out guns, but I don't see him going for that, really.

Hand-to-hand, Ed probably has the advantage being older and stronger, but Toph has better reach.

It's close, but Toph gets the KO here.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@h3dora101:

Not really. I seen the brothers have issues trying to transmute during slower attacks against them.

Prove it.

So majority of feats > one time feat.

It's not a one time feat. His transmutations are basically instant when he wants them to be. He's never had any problems transmuting in a small window of time.

Also what proof is there that the WW1 style weapons gunfire is faster or slower than the Fire bending made lightning?

I don't have to prove that machine gun gunfire is fast. That should be relatively obvious. When does anybody ever have to prove the speed of a gun. That's just ridiculous.

You, however, do have to prove how fast Lightning bending lightning is in comparison to machine gun fire.. So go right ahead.

Unless you have specific stats to throw out as facts, its all assumption.

You're really asking me to throw out Machine Gun stats? Because if that's really your only argument, I suppose I can oblige.

Jmarshmallow

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DeathHero61

The real issue here is Ozai. Due to his level of firepower and mobility. I can't see Ed beating him.(i am assuming he gets this far because i assume that avatar state is not allowed.)

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Prove it.

It's not a one time feat. His transmutations are basically instant when he wants them to be. He's never had any problems transmuting in a small window of time.

And they had plenty of time transmuting things when a attacker is running at them, or attacking them.

I don't have to prove that machine gun gunfire is fast. That should be relatively obvious. When does anybody ever have to prove the speed of a gun. That's just ridiculous.

You, however, do have to prove how fast Lightning bending lightning is in comparison to machine gun fire.. So go right ahead.

not really. You have no stats to the weapons they are using in FMA at all. There is no stats how much gunpowder, the type of powder, or the weight and caliber of the bullet. All these things play a role in speed. they could all be under Mach 1 like most older fire arms. You seem to have little understanding of this.

Is is fast? Yes. Faster than the seemingly instant lightning in the Avatar series? Maybe, maybe not.

You're really asking me to throw out Machine Gun stats? Because if that's really your only argument, I suppose I can oblige.

Jmarshmallow

You have no argument as I stated above. No stats for projectiles at all and comparing it to the same in the Fire Bender lightning. Both are seemingly insant in speed, but no stats to prove which is superior at all.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers