• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't assume this is a spite thread by just the title, I'll clarify one thing below for you.

Assuming this statement from first Twilight film is true, as quote by Twilight Wiki: “A vampire is said to be thousands of times stronger than any human, able to lift objects hundreds of times their own weight.” Depends on your personal estimates of how strong the strongest human is and how heavy the average vampires are. Yeah, hates ain't making a character weak. It is likely a hyperbole, but we'll disregard that in this battle.

However, their durability might not be proportional to their strength (which is common in comic), punching and lifting force maybe disproportional also, but I don't know any evidence to support that directly.

Many other forum, including KMC; some users had debated that Twilight vamps might be hundred-tonner, and Edward alone can take on dozens of base-line movie Hulk. And I'm sure they hate Twilight also, but I bet they're analyzing it reasonably. However, different people have different way of determining the battle, so they're no real answer anyway.

Prologue: Edward Cullen entered the Marvel 616 universe, and encountered the Avengers. Red Hulk challenged Edward Cullen to fight each other on the wrestling stage, but to the death.

Wrestling floor is sizable enough to fit 100 people in (it's smaller than average classroom size, believe me), with tall Adamantium fences containing them. The floor are made out of thick layers of bricks layering over the soil.

1. No BFR, no one is allowed to leave the arena

2. Edward can be from both novel and film (though we prefers the strongest medium)

3. Red Hulk was allowed to use any reasonable feat (even one from Loeb)

4. Red Hulk starts out slightly mad (but not yet pissed-off), though it can progress over time during the battle

5. Red Hulk has just absorbed refreshing amount of gamma radiation

6. Blood lust mode on

7. Fight to the death

8. Fight counts down from 5 after both contestant entered the arena

Yep, I knew these two characters are hated by many comic community.

#2 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngryHulks said:

Don't assume this is a spite thread by just the title, I'll clarify one thing below for you.

Assuming this statement from first Twilight film is true, as quote by Twilight Wiki: “A vampire is said to be thousands of times stronger than any human, able to lift objects hundreds of times their own weight.” Depends on your personal estimates of how strong the strongest human is and how heavy the average vampires are. Yeah, hates ain't making a character weak. It is likely a hyperbole, but we'll disregard that in this battle.

However, their durability might not be proportional to their strength (which is common in comic), punching and lifting force maybe disproportional also, but I don't know any evidence to support that directly.

Many other forum, including KMC; some users had debated that Twilight vamps might be hundred-tonner, and Edward alone can take on dozens of base-line movie Hulk. And I'm sure they hate Twilight also, but I bet they're analyzing it reasonably. However, different people have different way of determining the battle, so they're no real answer anyway.

Prologue: Edward Cullen entered the Marvel 616 universe, and encountered the Avengers. Red Hulk challenged Edward Cullen to fight each other on the wrestling stage, but to the death.

Wrestling floor is sizable enough to fit 100 people in (it's smaller than average classroom size, believe me), with tall Adamantium fences containing them. The floor are made out of thick layers of bricks layering over the soil.

1. No BFR, no one is allowed to leave the arena

2. Edward can be from both novel and film (though we prefers the strongest medium)

3. Red Hulk was allowed to use any reasonable feat (even one from Loeb)

4. Red Hulk starts out slightly mad (but not yet pissed-off), though it can progress over time during the battle

5. Red Hulk has just absorbed refreshing amount of gamma radiation

6. Blood lust mode on

7. Fight to the death

8. Fight counts down from 5 after both contestant entered the arena

Yep, I knew these two characters are hated by many comic community.

Yes, because we should always go by whatever the wiki says about a character. Just like how Sentry has the Power of a Thousand Exploding Suns.  

It's called hyperbole. If we went by hyperbole as evidence than i would use Tony Stark in every Battle...because he's the Invincible Iron Man. 
#3 Edited by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ****ed up that Edward has a chance here. His speed is insane too.

Edit: Eh, but blunt force seems to be their one weakness. Rulk wins.

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Twinkle, twinkle, little tween.

How I will enjoy watching Rulk make you scream.

#5 Posted by Kinasin_ (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

lol

#6 Posted by Phylos (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

#7 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: I know it's a hyperbole, however, I did browse the old forum here and I found that more critical member realize that Edward's speed and telepathy will give problem even to powerhouses, and could even result in stalemate in some case.

#8 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk wins 
And by the way. Red Hulk has the starting strength of a Savage Green Hulk. Which is far beyond anything Edward can hope to achieve. 
His anger does not increase his strength. 

#9 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the powerhouses Rulk has gone toe-to-toe with before, I don't see how Tinkerbell can even hurt him.

#10 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention Rulk is vulnerable to edged and slashing attack. Twivamp have teeth that can rip through nearly anything and their speed might give him some chance.

#11 Posted by Nefarious (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

It's spite, regardless. The vampire gets crushed like a bug.

#12 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Edward's best lifting feat that would put him anywhere close to 100 tons?

#13 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngryHulks said:

Not to mention Rulk is vulnerable to edged and slashing attack. Twivamp have teeth that can rip through nearly anything and their speed might give him some chance.

More hyperbole. What evidence is there to support this?
#14 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@AngryHulks said:

More hyperbole. What evidence is there to support this?

In the novel, when Bella bite through mountain lion's neck, she described it as easy as biting through butter. Other vampires are bulletproof and possessed diamond-hard skin, yet they could easily bite through each other.

Their teeth are razor-sharp, which Rulk is vulnerable to.

Well, we're using two-sentences hyperbole according to OP anyway.

“A vampire is said to be thousands of times stronger than any human, able to lift objects hundreds of times their own weight.”

It's a quantitative hyperbole, so rough estimate can be made.

#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

#16 Posted by Daddy_Cool_Dude (310 posts) - - Show Bio
“A vampire is said to be thousands of times stronger than any human, able to lift objects hundreds of times their own weight.”

Olympics lifters can lift 0.2 tons, times that by 10,000 as a maximum range and it's 2,000 tons of maximum lifting force. Red Hulk's strength was stated to be equal to enraged savage Hulk, which is 100+ but otherwise ambiguous. Using hundreds times their own weight. If they're 0.1 ton, time that by 1,000 and we get 200 tons of lifting forces, that make them class 100.

#17 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngryHulks: So all we really know is that Twivamps are bulletproof yet they can bite each other and that they can bite into a mountain lions neck. That hardly qualifies as "teeth that can rip through nearly anything". "Diamond Hard Skin"? More Hyperbole.  

See, the problem with saying that a Twilight Vamp is on the same level as a hulk is that there is no direct evidence to support that claim other than some hyperbolic statements. You need to show some actual proof.
#18 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@AngryHulks: So all we really know is that Twivamps are bulletproof yet they can bite each other and that they can bite into a mountain lions neck. That hardly qualifies as "teeth that can rip through nearly anything". "Diamond Hard Skin"? More Hyperbole. See, the problem with saying that a Twilight Vamp is on the same level as a hulk is that there is no direct evidence to support that claim other than some hyperbolic statements. You need to show some actual proof.

Yeah, you're right, though some statement from the dialogue might be true though, but they're not enough feat for it, though they displayed some degree of super strength and durability.

Still, Edward's speed and telepathy is some of the most common and obvious feat as recurring in novel and film, and that'll still pose a problem to Rulk. It may ends up stalemate unless Rulk has more trick up his sleeve, which I'm sure he have a lot.

Oh, not to mention Twilight vamps can only be permanently kill after being dismembered and burn in fire. The OP stated that to the death only, if he was somehow shattered into pieces, it will reassembled itself anyway, therefore is not qualify as death.

#19 Posted by VenomousDragon (971 posts) - - Show Bio

I would pay to watch this.

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngryHulks said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@AngryHulks: So all we really know is that Twivamps are bulletproof yet they can bite each other and that they can bite into a mountain lions neck. That hardly qualifies as "teeth that can rip through nearly anything". "Diamond Hard Skin"? More Hyperbole. See, the problem with saying that a Twilight Vamp is on the same level as a hulk is that there is no direct evidence to support that claim other than some hyperbolic statements. You need to show some actual proof.

Yeah, you're right, though some statement from the dialogue might be true though, but they're not enough feat for it, though they displayed some degree of super strength and durability.

Still, Edward's speed and telepathy is some of the most common and obvious feat as recurring in novel and film, and that'll still pose a problem to Rulk. It may ends up stalemate unless Rulk has more trick up his sleeve, which I'm sure he have a lot.

Oh, not to mention Twilight vamps can only be permanently kill after being dismembered and burn in fire. The OP stated that to the death only, if he was somehow shattered into pieces, it will reassembled itself anyway, therefore is not qualify as death.

Ah...but Red hulk has this thing where he puts out Gamma radiation in the form of heat. Technically he could set Eddie on Fire just by wrapping him up in a big ol Hulk Hug.
#21 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngryHulks said:

@Shawnbaby said:

When Red Hulk gets angry he emits heat and begins to emit fire when he becomes really angry
#22 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Stpo using hyperbole as evidence. 
We have seen other vampires be stronger and faster than each other so their abilities vary. 
Unless there are definitive proof as in "feats" I will not believe that Edward is Class 100.

#23 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

Stpo using hyperbole as evidence. We have seen other vampires be stronger and faster than each other so their abilities vary. Unless there are definitive proof as in "feats" I will not believe that Edward is Class 100.

I know that it was hyperbole, and I didn't meant to use it as evidence. I'm just spice up my OP by allowing the vamp to use hyperbole power, I actually stated that.

Just for the info, I never believe Edward was class 100, not even close. He should be no more than class 5 or 10 according to cinematic feat.

#24 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Olympics lifters can lift 0.2 tons, times that by 10,000 as a maximum range and it's 2,000 tons of maximum lifting force. Red Hulk's strength was stated to be equal to enraged savage Hulk, which is 100+ but otherwise ambiguous. Using hundreds times their own weight. If they're 0.1 ton, time that by 1,000 and we get 200 tons of lifting forces, that make them class 100.

please, edwards, only strength feat is stopping a small van which was braking. that would put him in what? 5 ton class?

#25 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
Vampires do not sparkle. Rulk instantly wins.
#26 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

Stpo using hyperbole as evidence. We have seen other vampires be stronger and faster than each other so their abilities vary. Unless there are definitive proof as in "feats" I will not believe that Edward is Class 100.

yah, i think his only strength feat is stopping a small van which was already braking. so according to the feats he have, that would put him in maybe 5 ton class

#27 Posted by Daddy_Cool_Dude (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

please, edwards, only strength feat is stopping a small van which was braking. that would put him in what? 5 ton class?

I hate Twilight, but I go with the statement as OP requested. And yes, he might be 5 ton. I know some people may feel frustrated also, but if I interpret the OP correctly then I have to imagine up completely different "what if" scenario.

#28 Posted by Andromeda (658 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought I'd actually WANT Rulk to win a fight.

#29 Posted by Daddy_Cool_Dude (310 posts) - - Show Bio

The best hope Edward have here is relying on his super speed. He should be able to dodge Rulk until he gets too mad then collapse from heat exhaustion. Rulk healing factor is not that efficient right? Maybe biting him and injecting venom might work, it possible because he have super speed. But will it work? No one know.

#30 Posted by Mystic_Marvel (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk throws him into the sun.

#31 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: You dare to insult Tinkerbell by comparing her to the Sparkled Devil!

#32 Posted by kajitatsu (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampires have discomfort from touching werewolves who have a higher than human body temperature. Rulk would burn Edward to ashes.

#33 Posted by charlieboy (7167 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. someone must really hate edward to match him against rulk.

#34 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is a disrespect to Rulk. Being placed on the same thread as Twinkle McSparkly is just wrong.

#35 Posted by decepticondave_ (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward has his head cracked on the floor in the second movie I think? By one of the valtorie? Or however you spell it, his mind reading disnt help him then, and if be can be cracked then he can be shattered....give it up rulk will eventually shatter him....

#36 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6562 posts) - - Show Bio

OP probably read a wiki tinkered with by an over rambunctious tween.

Even so, Rulk would absolutely destroy in what is, without doubt, a spite thread.

#37 Posted by SithLantern93 (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Illuminatus said:

#38 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Pure genius

#39 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk smash sparkly vampire.

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34297 posts) - - Show Bio

Edwards only real strength feat is lifting a car and a big tree also as far as I know the Hulk is resistant to telepathy, Edward does have the upper hand in the speed category also in the Twilight Uni there is no known material that a vampires teeth cant cut   

#41 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shawnbaby said:
@AngryHulks: So all we really know is that Twivamps are bulletproof yet they can bite each other and that they can bite into a mountain lions neck. That hardly qualifies as "teeth that can rip through nearly anything". "Diamond Hard Skin"? More Hyperbole.   See, the problem with saying that a Twilight Vamp is on the same level as a hulk is that there is no direct evidence to support that claim other than some hyperbolic statements. You need to show some actual proof.
Thats not hyperbole, there skin is made of a diamond like substance, thats why they sparkle also it's stated that only other Vampires or a Werewolf have the ability to brake there skin
#42 Posted by Bo88gdan (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk Stomps him .

#43 Posted by Spydey (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Sir, that quote is so incredible I'd find a more believable statement if I interviewed my little brother's kindergarden class. "It's said..." That's code for "Legends say." "Rumors have said" and so on. That's all they are, mere rumors. Legends. Myths. It's also said that people have been known to move rulers across the table with their minds. The only real feat of strength I saw was when Edward was fighting that guy in the temple and he got slammed on the ground. It cratered it a little, but I highly doubt(based off what I saw in his personality) he was trying to hold back much. If they're in the 100 class rank, then Bella should have stated how she heard some 'deafening' blows whenever they'd hit eachother. Especially with that..weird stone skin of there's.

#44 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Can they both lose? I hate them both...

But objectively, maybe Edwards speed and telepathy can do something here. If he manages to piss Rulk off and make him overheat, he'll get weaker, but I dont know. Edward is very fast but probably wont win.

can we just throw a nuke in there and they both die?

#45 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

SPIIIIIIIITE!!!!

#46 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

What if I'm the bad guy stomp.

#47 Posted by Relentless1 (242 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at the Twilight fanboys and fangirls. Rulk would one shot Edward Cullen's a$$

#48 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh give it up...Cedric Diggory gets his a$$ handed to him

#49 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio
Nyeheheheheheheheheheheheheh
#50 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (715 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT THE HELL? Just about any comic book character could beat Cullen with ease

SPITE!