• 84 results
Deathcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathcry

A Forest will be the battlefield. Sunny day.
Knock out/Death will be the win.  
Standard distance. 
Edward is glowing in the fight. 
Morals off. 
No prep. 

And the winner is....

No Caption Provided
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Since there is also a "Jacob Black vs Wolverine" thread up, I'm calling spite. 

Looks like somebody is making threads just to see Twilight lose.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SirMethos

@(((Prodigy))): And doing a horrible job of it.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By niBBit

Next up Pre Recton Beyonder vs Edward Cullen :)

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Daken uses pheromones, and manages to get Edward in bed.
Daken then wakes up to see Edward sparkling in the sun. 
Disgusted with this sight, Daken slices Edward into several little pieces and sets them on fire.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@OmegaDynasty:

Nailed it

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SirMethos

Too bad the twinkling twit can read Daken's mind, and can see that he intends to use pheromones.

Since he doesn't need to breathe, he simply doesn't, and the pheromones doesn't affect him, at which point Daken doesn't really have much of a chance.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@SirMethos said:

Too bad the twinkling twit can read Daken's mind, and can see that he intends to use pheromones.

Since he doesn't need to breathe, he simply doesn't, and the pheromones doesn't affect him, at which point Daken doesn't really have much of a chance.

Even without the pheromones, I think Daken might still stand a decent chance.
Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Daken

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By e3zombie

Daken STOMP

rd2race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rd2race

Oh my gosh i hate them both so bad. if this thread had a face i would punch it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rd2race:

At least Daken is dead already.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NEEK_03

@SirMethos said:

this is right, also edward is too fast/strong. also i doubt daken's claws could cut edward.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SirMethos

@(((Prodigy))): The twinkling twit is faster, stronger, has (far)better stamina, is far more durable, and can(as already established) read his mind.

How, exactly, is Daken even going to land a hit, let alone stand a chance of beating him?

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nightcrawler23

this isn't a fight, it's an execution.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@SirMethos said:

@(((Prodigy))): The twinkling twit is faster, stronger, has (far)better stamina, is far more durable, and can(as already established) read his mind.

How, exactly, is Daken even going to land a hit, let alone stand a chance of beating him?

Faster

Yeah, he's been shown to have pretty incredible running speed, but I would argue that Daken might be quicker. I can't recall Edward showing any significat reflexes in the fights that I've seen. Daken, on the other hand, has danced around the likes of Deadpool and Wolverine (both of whom have superhuman speed). Heck, a lot of the vampires in the movies got messed up by oversized wolves (maybe about as strong as Daken, but hardly a fraction as quick or as skilled).

Stronger

Doesn't matter a whole lot. Daken is easily capable of tanking punches from somebody of Edward's strength level (due to his healing factor), and his claws are sharp enough to get past any durability Edward may have.

Better stamina

For the differences in their respective staminas to make any difference, this fight would have to last for a really freakin long time. People with healing factors on Daken's level can work at peak performance for days before getting tired. Whichever way the fight goes, I seriously doubt it's going to last for days.

More durable

Yes, he is. But a top-tier healing factor is a suitable substitution for superhuman durability.

Read minds

Yes, Edward can read minds. However, as far as I know, his power is limited mostly to surface thoughts. It's not like he's Mister X or something, and can know every move his opponent will make before they make it. If that were the case, he wouldn't have been getting thrown around so much in his fights.

On the other hand

Claws

Daken's claws have shown incredible sharpness and durability, despite not being bonded with adamantium as Wolverine's were. As an example, Daken once showed that he was easily capable of cutting straight through Norman Osborne's Iron Patriot armor (a somewhat older model of Iron Man's armor).

Skill

Daken is a professional killer and a masterful hand-to-hand combatant. Killing people is basically what he gears his life around. Edward, due to his fighting style, has indicated that he knows basically nothing at all about hand-to-hand combat.

Pheromones

You said that Edward would be immune to Daken's pheromones due to not needing to breathe. I'm not so sure that this is necessarily true. Not all pheromones have to be inhaled to be absorbed. A lot of pheromones are absorbed through the skin.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

I can't believe I'm participating in a debate that involves a Twilight character...

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SirMethos

@(((Prodigy))) said:

I can't believe I'm participating in a debate that involves a Twilight character...

I know what you mean -.- If people would just stop creating matches with them, then there wouldn't be any problems. Instead, they put them in matches where they think that the twinkling twits get stomped(spite matches), but generally end up with either far more even matches than they thought, or matches where the sparkling vampire-wannabes end up stomping, due to people underestimating them/not wanting to admit their actual capabilities.

It's kinda sad and amusing, that people apparently don't know how to read, since the rules pretty clearly say that deliberately one-sided matches aren't allowed.

"Don’t make battles that are clearly one-sided. Most times this happens when people want to make one character look bad or another look good. Either way it’s childish and a waste of space."

"Is it honestly a fair match? Can you see either combatant winning or are you legitimately torn on who the clear winner is? If not, don't make it."

A lot of people who post in those matches, also seem to lack the basic ability to read: "Throw away your personal bias. I love Gambit, but I'm not going to say "Gambit, duh!" in Gambit vs Hulk. There's no shame in a character you love losing a battle."

That goes the other way as well. Hence, my defending the twinkling twits in a lot of matches, despite disliking them -.-

That said, to address your above points:

Speed: The best speed feat I know for the twinkling twit, is during their baseball game. Where he intercepts and catches a ball. He is standing on the field, the ball gets hit by the bat, and then he runs to intercept it, and catches it. Now, since there is no real description of when he starts reaching up to catch it, there is a certain margin that his speed is somewhere within. The absolutely slowest, is that he started reaching up, at the same time as he started running.

A baseball hit by a regular human, can reach speeds of around 100-150 MpH. You can then multiply that up with the strength of a vampire. Suffice to say, he is easily faster/quicker than Daken(some of Daken's feats of "dancing around the likes of deadpool and wolverine", are due to his pheromone control, and not actual speed feats).

Strength: He is stated as strong enough to "crush a skull by accident", and that the difference between the power needed for a light touch, and the power needed to crush a skull, is basically non-existent to the vampires. Without any Adamantium in Daken's skeleton, the twit can easily crush his skull(or any other bones in his body), or K.O. him.

Stamina: Agreed, it's unlikely that the fight will last long enough for it to have any real effect.

Durability: While Healing Factor is a good substitute, that is only to a certain point. Healing Factor, unlike extreme durability, won't prevent your limbs from getting torn off, just to give an example(something that the twit very much has the strength to do).

Mind Reading: While it's true that it is only surface thoughts(i.e. conscious thoughts), that the twit can read, those are the exact same thoughts that Mister X reads in order to predict his opponents(that's why Mister X's power is useless against people who are berserk, or otherwise not in control of themselves, because at that point, the conscious surface thoughts no longer indicate what people are going to do). Unless Daken can go berserk like his dad(and actually uses it), it is still very much a factor in the fight.

Claws: When Daken pierced Osborn's Iron Patriot Armor, he had the Muramasa metal bonded to his claws. Unless that is the case for this match, that is a useless feat. And since nothing is stated in the OP, it is generally assumed that it is the current versions of the characters. In which case, Daken's claws are useless against the twinkling twit.

Skill: Absolutely agreed, if we were going on pure skill, the twinkling twit would be absolutely useless in a fight, he's not even a skilled Brawler. With his far superior strength and speed though, he doesn't really need skill(this is most likely why he gets thrown around in various fights in the books/movies, because there he is up against people who are physically his equals, or at least close to it).

Pheromones: The fact that vampires' bodies are essentially 'frozen', no heart beat, no blood flow, etc. will cause them to resist, if not outright be immune, to skin absorbent pheromones. Scent based pheromones would have a limited chance of effecting them, due to their enhanced senses(the olfactory sense in particular). But without breathing, those aren't a problem.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@SirMethos said:

Faster

Yeah, he's been shown to have pretty incredible running speed, but I would argue that Daken might be quicker. I can't recall Edward showing any significat reflexes in the fights that I've seen. Daken, on the other hand, has danced around the likes of Deadpool and Wolverine (both of whom have superhuman speed). Heck, a lot of the vampires in the movies got messed up by oversized wolves (maybe about as strong as Daken, but hardly a fraction as quick or as skilled).

Stronger

Doesn't matter a whole lot. Daken is easily capable of tanking punches from somebody of Edward's strength level (due to his healing factor), and his claws are sharp enough to get past any durability Edward may have.

Better stamina

For the differences in their respective staminas to make any difference, this fight would have to last for a really freakin long time. People with healing factors on Daken's level can work at peak performance for days before getting tired. Whichever way the fight goes, I seriously doubt it's going to last for days.

More durable

Yes, he is. But a top-tier healing factor is a suitable substitution for superhuman durability.

Read minds

Yes, Edward can read minds. However, as far as I know, his power is limited mostly to surface thoughts. It's not like he's Mister X or something, and can know every move his opponent will make before they make it. If that were the case, he wouldn't have been getting thrown around so much in his fights.

On the other hand

Claws

Daken's claws have shown incredible sharpness and durability, despite not being bonded with adamantium as Wolverine's were. As an example, Daken once showed that he was easily capable of cutting straight through Norman Osborne's Iron Patriot armor (a somewhat older model of Iron Man's armor).

Skill

Daken is a professional killer and a masterful hand-to-hand combatant. Killing people is basically what he gears his life around. Edward, due to his fighting style, has indicated that he knows basically nothing at all about hand-to-hand combat.

Pheromones

You said that Edward would be immune to Daken's pheromones due to not needing to breathe. I'm not so sure that this is necessarily true. Not all pheromones have to be inhaled to be absorbed. A lot of pheromones are absorbed through the skin.

I'm VERY sure that we are going off of the Book's version of Edward, and, because of that, I do take issue with the bolded posts.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Deathcry said:

A Forest will be the battlefield. Sunny day.
Knock out/Death will be the win.
Standard distance.
Edward is glowing in the fight.
Morals off.
No prep.

And the winner is....
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

..........................What the **** does this have to do with anything?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Ferdelance said:

Daken

Deathcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deathcry
@White Mage: Hahaha, I knew this question was coming. XD
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Edward Speed blitzes and k.o's Daken.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SirMethos: Daken's speed burst feats are cause of a technique he learned by Romulus, not cause of his pheromones. Just thought I'd clear the air on that.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@White Mage said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@SirMethos said:

Faster

Stronger

Better stamina

More durable

Read minds

On the other hand

Claws

Skill

Pheromones

I'm VERY sure that we are going off of the Book's version of Edward, and, because of that, I do take issue with the bolded posts.

I've never read the books and never plan to. All I know about Twilight comes from seeing the first two movies. You'll have to be more specific about the things with which you take issue.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By emperorznb

@The Stegman said:

I doubt that. Do you know how fast Daken is? Just think of wolverine without Adamantium.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@SirMethos:

I just made a post to reply to yours, but somehow it didn't show up and I don't want to retype it right now. I'll try to reply to you tomorrow.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@emperorznb:  

@The Stegman said:

I doubt that. Do you know how fast Daken is? Just think of wolverine without Adamantium.

I know how fast he is, he's a peak human at best, Edward easily blitzes both humans and other vampires, his movements literally make it appear as if he disappears, Daken won't have time to react to a punch which would be more than powerful enough to k.o him, healing factor or not.
emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By emperorznb

@The Stegman said:

I know how fast he is, he's a peak human at best, Edward easily blitzes both humans and other vampires, his movements literally make it appear as if he disappears, Daken won't have time to react to a punch which would be more than powerful enough to k.o him, healing factor or not.

Edward maybe faster but he ain't got the reflexes to be on par with Daken. Daken slashes his enemies in the blink of an eye and can assassinate his targets with his disappearing acts. And how is speed blitzing gonna help Edward when Daken took on more powerful threats than Edward. Speed is all that Edward has on Daken but strength? Daken can handle strength when he has fought Cyber, Wolverine, and Deadpool and won. All of those are very nimble and agile whereas Edward gets pwned by werewolves. He can't react faster than Daken. Another proof of his durability and reflexes is his fight against Skaar. And Daken can react to a punch from Edward pretty easily when he has done it a couple of times on better opponents.

Deathcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Deathcry

I think this is a good fight.  

:D

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Deathcry said:
I think this is a good fight.    :D
It's not.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@emperorznb:  

@The Stegman said:

Edward maybe faster but he ain't got the reflexes to be on par with Daken. Daken slashes his enemies in the blink of an eye and can assassinate his targets with his disappearing acts. And how is speed blitzing gonna help Edward when Daken took on more powerful threats than Edward. Speed is all that Edward has on Daken but strength? Daken can handle strength when he has fought Cyber, Wolverine, and Deadpool and won. All of those are very nimble and agile whereas Edward gets pwned by werewolves. He can't react faster than Daken. Another proof of his durability and reflexes is his fight against Skaar. And Daken can react to a punch from Edward pretty easily when he has done it a couple of times on better opponents. 

Like I said before, Edward k.os other vampires all the time and fights them on equal footing, the other vampires have speed comparable to Edward's meaning his reaction time is greater than Daken's as well, he is said to be among the fastest in his whole family of vampires. You say Edward gets pwned by werewolves..that's not exactly true as he defeats them easily, and even still, that's not a low end feat seeing as how werewolves are incredibly fast too. Edward is faster than the human eye can perceive,THEN couple this with Edward's senses who are probably on par with that of Wolverine's and and his telepathy which will allow him to predict Daken's movements,  there is no way Daken can even try to react. As for strength, Daken has indeed fought people stronger than Edward, but he hasn't fought people with the combination of strength and speed Edward possesses, He may be able to deal with the strength of other's by dodging, but he's not dodging Edward.who's strong enough to stop speeding cars, smack werewolves (who are twice the size of girzzly bears) and send them flying with one arm,and tear down trees with ease.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@The Stegman said:
Edward is faster than the human eye can perceive
Actually IIRC according to dialogue so is Wolverine.Also according to showings.I've seen him kill a guy without him even being aware that he had moved.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Vance Astro:  

@The Stegman  said: 

Edward is faster than the human eye can perceive
Actually IIRC according to dialogue so is Wolverine.Also according to showings.I've seen him kill a guy without him even being aware that he had moved.
Good for Wolverine. 
Kill a /guy/ without him being aware that he moved, Edward regular kills vampires who have enhanced senses and speed.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Montaq

Daken gets blinded by Edward's sparkles and loses.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Deathcry said:

@White Mage: Hahaha, I knew this question was coming. XD

LOL omg

@Vance Astro said:

@Deathcry said:
I think this is a good fight. :D
It's not.

...................................thank you

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@The Stegman said:

Good for Wolverine. Kill a /guy/ without him being aware that he moved, Edward regular kills vampires who have enhanced senses and speed.

I'm not making a case for Daken's speed or saying Wolverine is faster than Edward, i'm just saying that "faster than the human eye can perceive" can be said for several street levelers.In other words that statement doesn't lend Edward's speed any credibility.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Daken. 

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By venomyak

I hate to admit this as much as any sane person but Edward wins.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@venomyak said:

I hate to admit this as much as any sane person but Edward wins.

I like cocoa puffs as much as the next person but I ain't gonna sit here and say that I'm coo coo for cereal, and I'm definitely not cray crazy for seeing a lot of character highlights within a series that is popularly hated.

And I'm just WAITING for someone to make a Twilight thread, where the person faces off against BENJAMIN..........

Avatar image for daddy_cool_dude
Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

Actually, different people have set up Edward Cullen vs: Spider-Man, X-23, Wolverine, and Deathstroke before, and Edward is a winner.

Using highest estimates - If the statement that the Twilight vampires is thousands times stronger than any human, and they can lift hundreds times theirs own weight, then they're class 90 or more base on the simple calculation. Some of the worthy opponent that can beat Edward Cullen without becoming spite: Colossus, Rulk, Rhino, Wonder Man, etc.

By the way, ain't we all have choice to participate or not participate in a thread? I see many people complaining about Edward, Bane, etc. thread or something.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

Curbstomp

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

@The Stegman said:

Good for Wolverine. Kill a /guy/ without him being aware that he moved, Edward regular kills vampires who have enhanced senses and speed.

I'm not making a case for Daken's speed or saying Wolverine is faster than Edward, i'm just saying that "faster than the human eye can perceive" can be said for several street levelers.In other words that statement doesn't lend Edward's speed any credibility.

You're right. I encountered the same issue with "blink of an eye" descriptions against a certain white haired black woman

Vampires in Twilight can run in excess of a hundred miles per hour (top speed is never mentioned, and it was actually implied that that is more around a "default" level than an actual "Chase"), and Tanya ran across snow........leaving no footprints behind......

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By emperorznb

@Vance Astro said:

@Deathcry said:
I think this is a good fight. :D
It's not.

Hahahaha... I think so too.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SirMethos

@god_spawn said:

@SirMethos: Daken's speed burst feats are cause of a technique he learned by Romulus, not cause of his pheromones. Just thought I'd clear the air on that.

The 'technique' that he has learned from Romulus, is conscious control of his Pheromone Control ability.

To give you a few quotes from comicvine's own Daken page: "In his early appearances people believed Daken had super speed or could teleport, this is proven untrue when he confronts his father and Deadpool, he revealed he had no super speed "I have no super powers or at the least the one's you describe as loathsome as it admits, I am no faster than you I am simply always in the place where my enemy isn't looking.""

"He can also use his pheromones to manipulate the emotional state and sensory perceptions of other beings. He has been known to use this power to instill intense fear, happiness, depression, sexual arousal and a false sense of security to other beings. This allows him to seemingly appear where enemies can't see him, enabling him to inflict damage before an opponent realizes it. Such tactics give opponents the belief that he can either teleport or move at superhuman speeds."

"Daken used this power unconsciously during his youth and formative years, which was a primary reason his adoptive mother didn't love him, though the mysterious Romulus has taught him to consciously use and control it."

Avatar image for 7462736926672326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 7462736926672326

daken, takes it. make an edward vs goofy thread i Dare you :D

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kcaz

@The Stegman said:

@emperorznb:

@The Stegman said:

i think its not a problem due to daken's superhuman sense and reflexes. just look at luke cage. he is definitely not the fastest guy around, but he can catch a bullet. besides, it has already been proven that daken could easily dodge bullets. so daken could slice of edward's fist before it even reaches him. and before you say anything about his bullet proof skin, i dont think it has been proven before. you know, even bullet proof vest which the police wear are totally useless when facing rifle bullets.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kcaz

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Actually, different people have set up Edward Cullen vs: Spider-Man, X-23, Wolverine, and Deathstroke before, and Edward is a winner.

Using highest estimates - If the statement that the Twilight vampires is thousands times stronger than any human, and they can lift hundreds times theirs own weight, then they're class 90 or more base on the simple calculation. Some of the worthy opponent that can beat Edward Cullen without becoming spite: Colossus, Rulk, Rhino, Wonder Man, etc.

By the way, ain't we all have choice to participate or not participate in a thread? I see many people complaining about Edward, Bane, etc. thread or something.

really? 90 tons? but has it been proven before?no proof means no feats, and the most we saw is him stopping a small van, which is definitely less than 10 tons

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By clemj

@White Mage: yeah exactly... WTF!!!!!!!!!

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@SirMethos:

Speed: The best speed feat I know for the twinkling twit, is during their baseball game. Where he intercepts and catches a ball. He is standing on the field, the ball gets hit by the bat, and then he runs to intercept it, and catches it. Now, since there is no real description of when he starts reaching up to catch it, there is a certain margin that his speed is somewhere within. The absolutely slowest, is that he started reaching up, at the same time as he started running.
A baseball hit by a regular human, can reach speeds of around 100-150 MpH. You can then multiply that up with the strength of a vampire. Suffice to say, he is easily faster/quicker than Daken(some of Daken's feats of "dancing around the likes of deadpool and wolverine", are due to his pheromone control, and not actual speed feats).

I'm not disputing Edward's running speed. I'm just saying that running speed is not the same as quickness/agility in a fight. As an example, Rhino can hit almost 200 mph when he gets some momentum going, but he's somewhat slow in hand-to-hand combat. Spider-Man is as agile and nimble as it gets, and he pretty much has quickness and agility coming out of his butt, but he doens't have many significant sprinting feats AFAIK.

Strength: He is stated as strong enough to "crush a skull by accident", and that the difference between the power needed for a light touch, and the power needed to crush a skull, is basically non-existent to the vampires. Without any Adamantium in Daken's skeleton, the twit can easily crush his skull(or any other bones in his body), or K.O. him.

If Daken can wrap his hand around Daken's skull and crush it quicker than Daken can slice his arm off, that might work. However, you'd think that if tactics like that were so easy, then Daken and X-23 and Wolverine (who doesn't always have adamantium) would have all been killed a long time ago. Characters with superhuman speed, superhuman strength, and willingness to kill aren't exactly hard to come by. So there are a few reasons why this may not have happened yet. 1) Extreme healing factors might make bones stronger. 2) It's really freakin tough to grab somebody's skull without being in reach of their foot-long cut-through-anything claws. 3) Daken, Wolverine, and X-23 all have sufficient skill and quickness that even the people who are faster than they are can't get in close to grab their heads.

Durability: While Healing Factor is a good substitute, that is only to a certain point. Healing Factor, unlike extreme durability, won't prevent your limbs from getting torn off, just to give an example(something that the twit very much has the strength to do).

I don't know. Daken has been shown to be durable as **** because of his healing factor. I'll put up some scans in another post (my computer always messes up when I put text and scans in the same post).

Mind Reading: While it's true that it is only surface thoughts(i.e. conscious thoughts), that the twit can read, those are the exact same thoughts that Mister X reads in order to predict his opponents(that's why Mister X's power is useless against people who are berserk, or otherwise not in control of themselves, because at that point, the conscious surface thoughts no longer indicate what people are going to do). Unless Daken can go berserk like his dad(and actually uses it), it is still very much a factor in the fight.

Mister X doesn't actually read minds. He locks on to his target's nervous system. I can think of a couple potential reasons why Edward's telepathy wouldn't help him do what Mister X does.

1) If the movie is accurate at all, Edward isn't exactly a powerful telepath by comic book standards. He can only read surface thoughts, and he hears them in his own head in a verbal way, like the thoughts are being spoken to him in complete sentences. So if he hears Daken's thoughts, he'll be listening to a constant stream of "Now I'll throw a left hook, now I'll dodge his counter-punch, now I'll go for a leg sweep, now I'll kick him in the chin...". And while he's listening to that and trying to figure out how to counter each move he's hearing, he'll have to keep up with it at a swishswishstabstabslicesliceslishstabslice pace.

2) Truly experienced fighters don't have to put real concious thought into their moves before performing them. They have fighting so engrained in their brains that they just have to fight on instinct. Daken probably puts about as much concious thought into fighting as you and I do into walking.

3) Edward has no training at all in hand-to-hand combat. Imagine you're in a fight. You know your opponent is about to do a right jab followed up by a spinning roundhouse kick and then a left uppercut. Did it take you more than a quarter of a second to think of how to defend yourself against those moves? If it did, then Daken would have hit you.

Claws: When Daken pierced Osborn's Iron Patriot Armor, he had the Muramasa metal bonded to his claws. Unless that is the case for this match, that is a useless feat. And since nothing is stated in the OP, it is generally assumed that it is the current versions of the characters. In which case, Daken's claws are useless against the twinkling twit.

1) He had the Muramasa sliver bonded to one claw. Not all of them.

2) AFAIK, there's no actual evidence to say that the Muramasa blade can cut through anything. As evidence to support that it can, most people post scans of Wolverine using it to cut straight through a robot (which many assume to be made of adamantium) or cutting off Sabretooth's arm/head. As for the robot in the first scan, there is no proof that it was made of adamantium. As for Sabretooth, Wolverine hit him at his joints where there was no bone to be cut.

Skill: Absolutely agreed, if we were going on pure skill, the twinkling twit would be absolutely useless in a fight, he's not even a skilled Brawler. With his far superior strength and speed though, he doesn't really need skill(this is most likely why he gets thrown around in various fights in the books/movies, because there he is up against people who are physically his equals, or at least close to it).

Comic book fights in general would suggest otherwise. In the comic world, raw skill can easily compensate for a disadvantage in physical prowess. Spider-Man gets knocked around by non-powered martial artists all the time, despite his speed/agility and spider-sense. Captain America consistently fights guys way out of his leage physically, and beats them because of superior skill and intelligence in combat.

Pheromones: The fact that vampires' bodies are essentially 'frozen', no heart beat, no blood flow, etc. will cause them to resist, if not outright be immune, to skin absorbent pheromones. Scent based pheromones would have a limited chance of effecting them, due to their enhanced senses(the olfactory sense in particular). But without breathing, those aren't a problem.

Well, maybe Daken could try kissing Edward like he did to Bullseye :P lol