I give this to Shiva.

Echo is a skrull.

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom says:

"I give this to Shiva.Echo is a skrull."

lol thanks for the spoiler :P

#4 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, it's not a spoiler.

It's just my personal explaination for how she isn't deaf anymore.

I think everybody in New Avengers is a skrull. Some people say Bendis just doesn't know how to write in continuity.

I say every story he writes is actually about skrulls.

shrugs

#5 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

The Echo in New Avengers is.

Last time I checked, Echo is deaf.

Everytime I pick up a copy of New Avengers (which I hate to do cause it really is a terrible book storywise and artwise), she understands what people are saying who are talking behind her back or that she is not looking at.

Obviously, the Echo in New Avengers can hear.

The character Echo cannot.

Therefore, Echo in New Avengers is a skrull.

I have a similar theory for every single one of the characters in New Avengers. I blame Bendis.

#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Bendis is a hack.

#7 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom says:

"The Echo in New Avengers is. Last time I checked, Echo is deaf. Everytime I pick up a copy of New Avengers (which I hate to do cause it really is a terrible book storywise and artwise), she understands what people are saying who are talking behind her back or that she is not looking at. Obviously, the Echo in New Avengers can hear. The character Echo cannot. Therefore, Echo in New Avengers is a skrull. I have a similar theory for every single one of the characters in New Avengers. I blame Bendis."

then stop supporting the comic!

#8 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I have personal issues with writers that ignore previously established things in the comics.

I don't want to read a story with people named Hawkeye, Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Echo, Iron Fist etc. I want to read a story with those actual characters. Bendis time and again fails to write characters consistantly.

Keep him on Ultimates. He can't screw up the continuity of characters when he's written almost every book they've been in.

#9 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Zoom says:
"The Echo in New Avengers is. Last time I checked, Echo is deaf. Everytime I pick up a copy of New Avengers (which I hate to do cause it really is a terrible book storywise and artwise), she understands what people are saying who are talking behind her back or that she is not looking at. Obviously, the Echo in New Avengers can hear. The character Echo cannot. Therefore, Echo in New Avengers is a skrull. I have a similar theory for every single one of the characters in New Avengers. I blame Bendis."
then stop supporting the comic!"

Oh, I don't pay for New Avengers.

#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom says:

"Apparition says:
"Zoom says:
then stop supporting the comic!"
Oh, I don't *pay* for New Avengers."

lol oh well nevermind then!

#11 Posted by puerto rican beacon (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom says:

i remeber someone saying that she is deaf and that they had to face her when speaking.

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom says:

"The Echo in New Avengers is.Last time I checked, Echo is deaf.Everytime I pick up a copy of New Avengers (which I hate to do cause it really is a terrible book storywise and artwise), she understands what people are saying who are talking behind her back or that she is not looking at.Obviously, the Echo in New Avengers can hear.The character Echo cannot.Therefore, Echo in New Avengers is a skrull.I have a similar theory for every single one of the characters in New Avengers. I blame Bendis."

Dude, Echo is deaf in New Avengers. In New Avengers Annual 2, she's talking to whoever's in front of her, simply because she can only read lips to understand what someone says. When Spidey was talking about Skrulls in that issue, her back was turned to him. She had to ask Clint what he said, and he replied, "Nothing important..." So, you're Echo/Skrull theory fails.

#13 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

My Echo skrull theory is a joke.

I'm making fun of how Bendis ignores continuity. That is all.

I assume nobody wants to hear why Wolverine is a skrull? :-p

#14 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Dude, Echo is deaf in New Avengers. In New Avengers Annual 2, she's talking to whoever's in front of her, simply because she can only read lips to understand what someone says. When Spidey was talking about Skrulls in that issue, her back was turned to him. She had to ask Clint what he said, and he replied, "Nothing important..." So, you're Echo/Skrull theory fails."

Correctly acting like Echo doesn't mean she's not a Skrull, it just means that if she is a Skrull, she's doing her job and successfully impersonating Echo. The theory does not fail based on that example. I know I've accused Echo of being a Skrull for the same reason (I think it's in that Skrull thread) and that was based on her not acting deaf at points throughout New Avengers.
Post Edited:2008-02-07 01:11:58

#15 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you, Buckshot.