Easternwind vsCosmicallyaware1 HE: Tourney(cosmic wins)

• 134 results
Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Easternwind
ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@easternwind:

not familiar with few characters in the line up .. will vote after reading the whole thing :)

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Easternwind

@ssj_god: Alright cool man , our openers both give good info.

Its basically him trying to beat me down with better numbers , and keeping me off balance and/ or stall for 4 hours, and I have to get to football to the other side of the map, using my abilities like teleportation, time stopping etc, and all the things we each mentioned.

I had real life get in the way a bit towards the end, but it was a fun match.

just so you have the general idea, and the op has all the rules and stuff

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Easternwind

@wyldsong: Thank you for voting when you do , take your time, just gotta get back before voting closes, dot know when that is.

Also, im finally on my proper computer instead of the usual crappy one that I was using , so I fixed the pictures that weren't showing up in the post.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: Alright, I got 2 people reading it , so hopefully it could be a little later tomorrow, ill try and call some more ppl out.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@easternwind: Alright my friend, constructive criticism time, because as much as getting votes is what most seek, the real point of a CaV is the art of debate, and learning to better yourself. As this is your first full CaV, I think you did fairly well, especially taking on @cosmicallyaware1, who has been around the block. Your main faults were mainly in the lack of the finer details, and fleshing out some of your thoughts and ideas. There were a few points, that if fleshed out a bit more, would have really helped your case.

Pointing out some of their powers, and the use of scans was nice, but I just felt you were lacking a bit in the details on just how some of those powers would really put your team over cosmic's team. I do commend you on your first go around with this, and you did surprisingly well for your first CaV.

Unfortunately, the faults did kind of push me to give cosmic the vote overall, but please do keep up the good work, and learn and grow in your style of debate. I expect we will be seeing great things from you if your starter CaV is any indication of what you are capable of growing into debate wise.

Good debate guys!

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Easternwind

@wyldsong: Thanks,Im kinda sad that i didnt have more time to flesh this out, because I thought I actually had some good ideas here, but yeah, Real life kinda made it so the last two posts were done in a hurry, pretty much everyone else said similar things to you .

I still think that the fact that I only need .1 seconds to score, and that I can stop time along with the nanites and everything else . Means if this battle happened,I think my characters would win. I actually left out my middle post, because of time constraints which would have focused more on the battle itself.

Because Honestly, with the stuff I mentioned above, as well as everything else, I really think my best chance at winning has Nothing to do with fighting , I didnt see a counter for the nanites, and cant think of a way he would get around the time stop, which he would have to do in .1 seconds.

My tactics were actually very similar to yours in the debate with the naruto characters.

Id like to ask, what are the votes based on? How well the person debated? how well they got their point across? or how good their points actually are.

Because I feel most of my problems were in how I got across my points, or moreso in how detailed I was with it ( because I think I explained my points quite clearly) due to this being my first match, and the time restrictions due to real life, But I really feel my points themselves were solid. I dont really see how I could not have a fraction of a second to score the football

Anyway thank you very much for the critisms, I really apreciate it, and hopefully it will help me next time. I wish I was able to flesh out my points better because I feel I had a good oportunity here I might not get again.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Wyldsong

@easternwind: You did have good ideas, it's just a matter of fleshing them out. Remember, it's not the number of posts you make in a CaV, it's the quality. If you feel a post isn't fully fleshed out, and life is interfering, then start your posts on word/notepad/etc, and take your time with it before posting it. Taking a few days on a CaV post is fine, and don't feel rushed. In the end, you'll be judged on quality, not quantity. And while I could see where you intended to go with a lot of your posts, it was the lack of detail that caused some of it to fall flat.

You've got a good foundation for your debate style, you just need to fine tune a few things to take it to the next level. Win or lose my friend, there is no real glory or shame in either. The glory is in learning and growing, and the shame is in continuing down the same path, never learning or growing. I think so far you are doing well, now take what you have learned, apply it, and take your style to the next level=)

As for how voting is done, it's a little of everything you mentioned. It's not always a matter of who has the most powerful team, or who an individual feels should win, it's just a matter of who most felt put forth the better formulated debate. I just think a little more detail would have taken your debate here a bit further.

Like I said, you did very well (better than most on their first outing), so don't get me wrong on the criticisms. I gave those, because I see a spark there, and I want to help you fine tune your style.

Don't be sad, just take it as a learning experience, and come back ready to kick arse next time=)

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@wyldsong: thanks for the vote man, and thank you very much for the constructive advive/help towards easternwind. I remember in my first matchups, more experienced viners gave me tips and pointers which have helped greatly!! Very cool of you and I should be doing the same....shame on me!!!

@easternwind: good responses man. You did very very well in this matchup, and I was fairly impressed. Glad to do another in the future, and we could even be "tag team partners" in a CaV if you like!!!!

the count as it stands now is:

easternwind: 0

cosmicallyaware1: 4

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: thanks for the vote man, and thank you very much for the constructive advive/help towards easternwind. I remember in my first matchups, more experienced viners gave me tips and pointers which have helped greatly!! Very cool of you and I should be doing the same....shame on me!!!

@easternwind: good responses man. You did very very well in this matchup, and I was fairly impressed. Glad to do another in the future, and we could even be "tag team partners" in a CaV if you like!!!!

easternwind: 0

No problem brother man=)

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Easternwind

@cosmicallyaware1: Thanks =) I think I did pretty well for my first time, and id love to do a tag CaV sometime.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Easternwind

@wyldsong said:

@easternwind:

Like I said, you did very well (better than most on their first outing), so don't get me wrong on the criticisms. I gave those, because I see a spark there, and I want to help you fine tune your style.

Don't be sad, just take it as a learning experience, and come back ready to kick arse next time=)

Yeah, I didnt mean sad, as in like, actually like really sad XD more just disapointed because I liked the team and think I could have done a bit better.

As for the other thing, yeah I know its not the number of posts, but I didnt have the couple days/time like you said to flesh It out , especially for the last post, because there was a deadline + real life got in the way . In fact I wrote up my last post in a verrrry short amount of time( less than 30 minutes, though I did have some of it in word done already from before the r/l issues), because thats all that was left. And I couldnt use notepad/word because I only had my phone to work with for a bit of it.

And yeah i DEFINATELY dont take critism wrong, I was just asking stuff/ explaining what my mindset was, I'm very thankfull for all the help.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting debate. If I get to have a say...my vote goes to @easternwind

The main point in his favor was the "0.2" seconds claim. That's an airtight argument really, unless you can disprove that (which cosmic did not).

In addition to that I think he he demonstrated adequately that the nanites would take Vader out. And this coming from someone whose never even read Bloodshot. I am assuming the nanites are from Bloodshot right? I think eastern did a really good job in spite of having a numbers disadvantage and imo, being outgunned in terms of overall power. The time stop option is another huge point to consider even though it wasn't thoroughly elaborated on.

As for @cosmicallyaware1 you did an excellent job as well. Your feats for Invincible in particular were very impressive. Ultimately 0.2 seconds was just too small of a margin of error for you team though, based on the arguments you made. I also think you got really cocky in your last post, which slacked a little compared to the rest.

Some things could have been fleshed out more on both sides, but overall it was a good debate from both of you.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: right on. thanks for the vote!!! and BTW.....

The main point in his favor was the "0.2" seconds claim. That's an airtight argument really, unless you can disprove that (which cosmic did not)

I did not post after my final post. regardless of what somebody posts after my final, I do my best to not just get "one more rebuttal" in and let it be.

I also think you got really cocky in your last post, which slacked a little compared to the rest.

Meh, it happens from time to time, nobody's perfect.............

@easternwind:

easternwind: 1

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Yeah I realize that and it sucks when the opponent drops a bomb on that last post but hey.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Yeah I realize that and it sucks when the opponent drops a bomb on that last post but hey.

true story. oh well........not losin any sleep over it lol...

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Easternwind

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@shenkuei: right on. thanks for the vote!!! and BTW.....

The main point in his favor was the "0.2" seconds claim. That's an airtight argument really, unless you can disprove that (which cosmic did not)

I did not post after my final post. regardless of what somebody posts after my final, I do my best to not just get "one more rebuttal" in and let it be.

I also think you got really cocky in your last post, which slacked a little compared to the rest.

Meh, it happens from time to time, nobody's perfect.............

@easternwind:

easternwind: 1

Yeah thats fair, the posting was closed and you didnt have a chance to respond, it happens , Thats also why I didnt go back and edit my post, which I only had 30 minutes to write.

. Though there is no way at all to disprove the .2 seconds ( even less with teleportation)

you admit we are hyper sonic

hyper sonic = .2 seconds to run 1500 feet, its a fact.

It more comes down to IF i would be able to get the .2 seconds, and you can get that from what you showed, as you did get a chance to explain how you would stop me from runnig. All the time did was show how badly you did need to stop me.

Also were did you get the people you tagged? I tagged people from the battle callout phonebook, as I didnt want to call out friends.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Easternwind

@shenkuei said:

Yeah I feel bad about that, but I had been saving it, I thought he would have a chance to respond though, by the time i found out he wasnt gunna get to respond to my post it was to late to not mention it.

Though i think the time stop was more of a bomb to drop, because the .2 second thing is open knowlege, Just that no body mentioned it til my last post

Thanks for Votin! Glad someone like my time stop / teleport /.2 second strategy.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ShenKuei

@easternwind: The time stop would have been more of a bomb but you kind of just mentioned it in passing. Without any elaboration it doesn't hold the same weight, since it seemingly came out of nowhere. Although I did factor it in.

The .2 seconds was a bigger deal to me because it was so obvious. To me at least, I think some other people may have glossed over that aspect. Being such a simple and obvious argument just made it more solid, if you get what I mean.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Easternwind

@shenkuei: Yeah, I wasnt able to add the pictures of him stopping time until I got to my regular computer, they are there now, Im not changing any of my arguements though because that would be unfair.

I wanted to elaborate more but like I said my last post had some time restraints on it sadly.

I wish I had elaborated on it more, maybe it woulda helped.

Thanks for the voting

I dont see how you could gloss over it, its a huge deal, I really thought that , combined with all the other things would clinch at least a couple votes for me, oh well.

But yeah it was very simple, and I thought it helped

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#122  Edited By PowerHerc

Cosmicallyware1.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god Hey , just letting you know that the voting is gunna close soon if you are still intrested.

I used the search funtion to see if I could fine people who have talked about more than one of the characters so far i got :

@king_saturn@granitesoldier

If you are intrested we could use some more votes. Its going to close today

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Easternwind

@powerherc: Thanks for voting !

Would apreciate any reasons or criticism

Cosmic : 5

Eastern : 1

Gunna call out some more people I guess , see if we can have a few more people vote, Im guna call out the top posters. Im not gunna call out a bunch of people I talk to on a regular basis or anything, want it to be fair, but if you happen to read this of course you can vote =)

@dondave@pokergeist@ghostravage@cjdavis103@monsterstomp@carter_esque

Tried to leave out anyone he already called out, would apreciate if you voted in the match.

Voting ends sometime today.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By mikep12
Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Easternwind

@mikep12: ah ok, I was gunna call some more people out, but i guess its over,

GOOD GAME =)

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By mikep12
Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: Thanks man, im pretty proud of what I did for my first time, n coming up with strategy and getting it all up, i think i did pretty good, Im doing another tourney now

usin

Vash (Trigun)

General Grevious (SW)

and

Zuko (avatar)

This stuff is really fun.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: yeah , its super high street level if you wanna join up, we took over for Candace when he left cuz we wanted to finish it.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By mikep12
ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn.. lost the chance to vote.. -_-

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Id still like to hear what you were gunna say , constructive criticism is great.

If you were gunna vote for me I can totally say it was 5 to 2 , doesnt change anything XD lol

and if not then cosmic woulda had a bigger lead lol

Thanks for reading the debate though, would love to hear any comments

@mikep12 said:

@easternwind you mean the one I'm already apart of >_> Lol!

are you? I didnt see . lol

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@easternwind:

ok.. i'll give the vote..

btw.. which tourney are u talking about?

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Easternwind

@ssj_god: The one im in with you pyp hijacked street level one, and yeah, even if it doesnt count Id like to know why I would or wouldnt have got the vote, if you want to, I replied to you basically asking you to clarify on nenji , and more on why he is akin to doc oc.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: The one im in with you pyp hijacked street level one, and yeah, even if it doesnt count Id like to know why I would or wouldnt have got the vote, if you want to, I replied to you basically asking you to clarify on nenji , and more on why he is akin to doc oc.

yeah.. i'm reading the last argument here.. and lol.. yeah... damn.. neji is priced so high :D

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ssj_god

@mikep12:

ok.. might be a bit late to vote since the voting is all ready over..

but after reading the whole argument.. my vote would've gone to @easternwind:

simply because time is a big issue here.. i would've given the opposite vote if it were a death match.. but it isn't

as eastern stated .. he only need 0.2 secs to effectively clear the task.. and he has entire 4 hours

reading from the argument.. it didn't looked like cosmic would've one shoted his team in mere fraction of a second.. and stalling his team for 4 hours is impossible....

as for downing eliminating alucard.. it is very much effective.. but as eastern said.. both his characters will be close.. so attacking single one from them and eliminating him inside of fraction second time period is a bit much i think

simply putting it.. cosmic team is very much capable of killing off or ko eastern's team.. but i simply can not see it be done in mere fraction of secs.. or stalling the team in a single spot not to let them progress... from the debate :)

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Easternwind

@ssj_god: Thanks you, yeah he had more than one vote over me anyway and the voting closed but I wanted to see what you had to say as this was my first CaV time doing this.

But yeah one thing though, just to be clear he didnt have to kill me in that time, as his characters were fast enough to keep up with me, but all I needed was the short amount of time, for him to be distracted at the characters speed, to get the the other side, I dont know if that is what you meant, because I did go into the time stoping , and methods I had to stop him from chasing me, so maybe you meant that he wouldnt be able to find/kill me in the time it takes, or that he couldnt just stop me from continuously moving due to the regneration of my characters, I actually really wanted to get more into that as an option, seeing as how little time would pass anyway.

Anyway, the next tourney should be fun, now that ive done one before.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers