AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AngryHulks

Earth vs Imperial Star Destroyer

Our world is under attack by a Imperial Star Destroyer, ordered to execute Base Delta Zero on Earth. Can the entire combined effort, with prep of the world repels a single Star Destroyer?

Prep Time For Earth: 1 year

- Star Destroyer have no landing armies (strictly orbital)

- Commander have no clue about humanity's capabilities

- If the Earth is still at disadvantage, I'll include more specific people (from movie)

VS
VS
No Caption Provided
whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By whydama

Earth can a lot with prep time. Necessity is the mother of invention. If there is a need, all the scientists of the world can come up with a weapon to destroy the Imperial Star.

Compare the weapons that they had during WW1 and then fast forward to the atom bomb and other nuclear bombs that came a few years after the war. As a distraction earth launches all nukes.

I think that if all humans came together, we could have cured cancer by now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I don't see how Earth is going to be able to come up with an answer to the Destroyer's shields.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jwalser3

We lose. Badly

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By JamesKM716

We lose badly, if the Star Destroyer thought there was a signifacent chance for defeat, they could just bombard us from above.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kyle_Dornez

Well, if these hugh-manns spend this year doing nothing but farting hidrogen bombs, and then just unload all of them on ISR... Well, maybe something will happen. It's hard to estimate precise amount of energy output of a turbolaser - most we can get is from Episode V, in asteroid field, and even then it's only gross calculations. Let's assume these hugh-manns would go all-out and go with the biggest booms there is - Czar-Bomb. That was 50 Mt. But initally it was designed to carry twice of that - 100 mega-tons of boomy goodness. So let's assume hugh-manns make, well, about a hundred of theese in a year. (original took way over five years, but hey, technology marches on.)

So they unload them ALL at once on a Star Destroyer. (plus all of that nuclear arsenal USA keeps hoarding...) That would be equivalent of about 5+ gigatons No, wait, I was wrong. No, wait, I was right - and if that would be "original" bombs that would add up to 10 Gt. Anyway, that's a lot of exploding TNT equivalent, all in a form of pure HEAT and radiation. I believe scientific term for this is a "Crapload of energy". Star Destroyer is a 1.6 kilometers. Fireball of Czar-Bomb is 4+ kilometers. And at least ionics from explosions would have fun with ISD electronics for sure.

Oh, and as my consultant right here reminds me, Sir Isaac Newton is deadliest son of a bitch in space. So yeah, kinetics are for the win.

And of course, when we drive out Star Destroyer, it would turn out that North Korea actually had nukes all along, they'll rise up and enslave us all... I think the best rote here wold be to send a parley to The Empire...

Ashman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We would be able to beat one star destroyer easily. But what if there was a whole fleet coming at us. I think we would be enslaved by imperial rule.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

What are we going to do when all of our weapons guidance are destroyed in orbit? We rely heavily on satellites. We are not, in any way, prepared for an external threat; we've built our entire defensive / offensive strategy on internal warfare.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

What are we going to do when all of our weapons guidance are destroyed in orbit? We rely heavily on satellites. We are not, in any way, prepared for an external threat; we've built our entire defensive / offensive strategy on internal warfare.

Even with the guidance systems operational, I doubt a single missile would hit the ISD.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

International Space Station >>> Star Destroyer

Avatar image for darthvenar501st
DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this even a thing??????!!! Literally the WORST MISMATCH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! The Imperial Star Destroyer takes this WAY TOO easily! ONE ISD can perform a Base Delta Zero(basically orbital bombardment) on a planet in less than a DAY!!!! EACH of their STNADARD TURBOLASERS fires at 59 GIGATONS PER SHOT, PER SECOND!(Movies show imperial turbolasers putting out a shot every second). And don't even think about making a nuke. It won't work. ISDs have withstood several impacts from asteroids striking in the MEGATON RANGE! That's MORE POWER THAN A NUKE!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Destroyer shows up trolling like usual. Earth launches every nuke at it, does nothing, Star Destroyer fly's off. We now have no nukes and live in peace

gg.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer

Earth gets wrecked, at best if Earth was in the SWU we'd be at the Atomic age, which is an ok tier but is still lagging behind the rest of the galaxy.

Also lol those saying to nuke it, nukes are obsolete in SW, even firing multiple nukes wouldn't do a thing.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

@jedixman: you don't think people would ever imagine the US government have alien defenses?

Avatar image for darthvenar501st
DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The energy output of an ISDs shields is equivalent to that of a small star. So us Earthlings would literally need firepower equivalent to a small star to only break those shields. I highly doubt that all our nukes combined can equal the energy of a small star. But if all our nukes can break those shields, we're still screwed. That ship can still tank its own weaponry for a long time. And each of those guns ranges in the GIGATONS and higher.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth gets depopulated

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whydama said:

I think that if all humans came together, we could have cured cancer by now.

Shit, we don't even need all humans working togather. We could probably do it right now. But it'd never see the light of day. There is no money in cures.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KingWillie

@jwalser3 said:

International Space Station >>> Star Destroyer

Lol, what if the Space Station was some sort of transforming, robot, super weapon.

@ashman said:

I think we would be enslaved by imperial rule.

And let's be honest, would it really be THAT bad? I mean, we're humans, first class citizens in the Empire.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingwillie: true enough. We'd be laughed at for being backwater and primitive though

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku said:

@kingwillie: true enough. We'd be laughed at for being backwater and primitive though

That is true. We'd probably be the bottom rung of Empire society. Or maybe they'd "Enlighten" us haha.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingwillie: getting their tech would be pretty awesome

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku: But we wouldn't. :( They are here to do Base Delta Zero. No negotiations, just boom boom boom.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: crushing my dreams was a little unnecessary :'(

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wut

@maiamaku: I know. :( I first saw this and was writing how I would welcome our new galactic overlords with open arms then... Base Delta Zero....

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: it's a shame that they'd just destroy us for no reason whatsoever. I would love to be a part of the empire. We'd get treated much like tattooine and the other outer rim systems, which would be great for us because earth is self sufficient anyhow, plus we get the benefits of their technology

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We go out guns-blazing. Earth gets bombarded and the Star Destroyer crashes down on our surface. Mad Max ensues.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth still gets wrecked.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

ISD

nerfherder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ISD shitstomps

Avatar image for shadowtrooper29
Shadowtrooper29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Earth would win, why? because we'll catch the ISD so offguard that they'll be defeated within hours with our nukes and hydrogen bombs

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Earth would win, why? because we'll catch the ISD so offguard that they'll be defeated within hours with our nukes and hydrogen bombs

So you think that earth the one being attacked, is going to catch the attacking force, offguard?

Not to mention, the ISD's, shields and point defence weapon emplacements.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ISD stomps. It can just bombard the Earth from incredibly far away and all incoming nuclear warheads (which we don't have many we can launch into orbit) will just get blown up by turbolasers and point defense weapons.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we get wrecked

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets assume the Star Destroyer doesn't destroy all major population centers immediately and we get nukes off.

So what?

ISD Gunners have hit small targets before, more than likely they'll just be detonated in the atmostphere

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only chance we have is to use our brains...i.e. we send a delegation up to surrender to the empire....and in the process we sneak a nuke on board and the blow them up from the inside out...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hilarious thinking that nuclear weapons mean anything to an ISD. Earth is still screwed over, if there's a BDZ ordered, there's no quarter given, everyone will die.

doodlebugfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yet slow moving WW2 style bombers can drift over them and drop bombs and as shown on multiple occasions X-Wings can fly at almost surface level over star destroyers and blast away. So how do their shields work as it seems they are useless against physical objects, do they stop energy only? Also the comment above about every shot being gigatons of power, where does that come from as that has never been shown. It would mean a single turbolaser shot would be an extinction level event so why go to the huge effort of building death stars and other planet destroyers? I have seen figures for kiloton level firepower per shot bit even that makes no sense on the resultant damage though the figures were based on dodgy CGI on asteroid destruction.