#1 Edited by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Earth Lanterns: Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, all pre-52, standard versions

vs

Team Avengers: Everyone in this picture (except Scarlet Witch), standard/classic versions

Random encounter, in character, win by KO or death. Each side thinks the other are a team of dangerous super-villains. No knowledge starting out.

Additional rules: Scarlet Witch is excluded from Team 2.

#2 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

worm hole. GL;s win

#3 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Pierpat (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

worm hole. GL;s win

Random encounter, in character, win by KO or death. Each side thinks the other are a team of dangerous super-villains. No knowledge starting out.

I still see lanterns winning....no wait.....there is wanda in team avengers.Avengers stomp.Even with no reality warping wanda has chaos magic, and with thor/vision/iron man/hulk to keep lanterns busy she can focus to one at a time and beat them.

Hal will be tough do.

#5 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth said:

worm hole. GL;s win

Doesnt sound very likely.

youre probably right. ok so how about the 4(youre missing simon baz) lanterns make a bubble force field around everyone till they pass out from lack of oxygen then shake it for whoevers left. i mean it SHOULD work considering that theyve withheld the power of supernovas and wormholes.

#6 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

worm hole. GL;s win

youre probably right. ok so how about the 4(youre missing simon baz) lanterns make a bubble force field around everyone till they pass out from lack of oxygen then shake it for whoevers left. i mean it SHOULD work considering that theyve withheld the power of supernovas and wormholes.

but Thor has godblasts, those have seriously messed up celestials

and Quasar could teleport people out

#7 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

worm hole. GL;s win

thor wont do godblast, this is in character. quasar could teleport people out but the GL's have infinite things to do here. just depends on our creativity

#8 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@willpayton said:

worm hole. GL;s win

thor wont do godblast, this is in character. quasar could teleport people out but the GL's have infinite things to do here. just depends on our creativity

GLs rarely use just giant cases either

#9 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers due to Thor, Quasar and Vision plus superior numbers.

#10 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

worm hole. GL;s win

GLs rarely use just giant cases either

giant cases???? you mean bubbles??? the very bubbles that they ALWAYS make?

#11 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: also, Vision could phase out

Quasar could do essentially anything the Lanterns could

I think that they could break out of the bubbles

some scans of them using the bubbles?

OI think they would spread out to much to be trapped in a single bubble

#12 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited OP to take out Scarlet Witch completely. Magic/Reality Warping unbalances the fight too much.

#13 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

the forcefields have worked against supernovas. and they can just start wide and make the forcefield bubble smaller.

#14 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: are u going to add simon baz? he;s an earth lantern too.

#15 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

the forcefields have worked against supernovas. and they can just start wide and make the forcefield bubble smaller.

that doesn't really make any sense, and I don;t remember Green Lanterns ever doing something like that

#16 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

that doesn't really make any sense, and I don;t remember Green Lanterns ever doing something like that

how does it not make sense???? they open a big bubble force field to encompass everyone and then close it and shrink the size. have you never seen the JLU tv series? thats a better visual to help you. oh and GL have done that and do do that.

#17 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

how does it not make sense???? they open a big bubble force field to encompass everyone and then close it and shrink the size. have you never seen the JLU tv series? thats a better visual to help you. oh and GL have done that and do do that.

yes, an image of what you have in mind would help (I don;t remember anything like that in JLU, except if you count the battle with Amazon, which was really something different)

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

No, just the ones in the picture, pre-52 Lanterns.

ok so that makes it 4 vs 14 now that youve taken out scarlet witch right?

#20 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, an image of what you have in mind would help (I don;t remember anything like that in JLU, except if you count the battle with Amazon, which was really something different)

idk how much easier to make it. they make a huge bubble or open ended bubble that they just shrink man. how is that hard to understand?????

#21 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: wouldn't the Lanterns also be in that bubble, especially if one of our speedsters gets close

#22 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

lanterns win

#23 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: wouldn't the Lanterns also be in that bubble, especially if one of our speedsters gets close

yes dude, the lanterns would put themselves in their own bubble. SMH

#24 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

No, just the ones in the picture, pre-52 Lanterns.

ok so that makes it 4 vs 14 now that youve taken out scarlet witch right?

Sounds about right. Of course those 4 are top-tier Lanterns... =)

#25 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: if their in the bubble to, the Avengers could just attack them in there

when i said "yes dude, the lanters will put themselves in their own bubble" THAT WAS SARCASM. yeesh

#27 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: if their in the bubble to, the Avengers could just attack them in there

when i said "yes dude, the lanters will put themselves in their own bubble" THAT WAS SARCASM. yeesh

I don's see how you can put a bubble around everywhere around you without being in the bubble

#28 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

I don's see how you can put a bubble around everywhere around you without being in the bubble

they could do anything with the ring. youre thinking that they are bound by the bubble like everyone else would be. be more open minded. i dont think u know how the GL rings work and what they can do.

#29 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, the Lanterns can do have many options here... including evening the numbers if they wanted to...

#31 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Thor's usually pretty good against armies

#32 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: I don;t remember GL rings ever successfully making impossible shapes

thats something simple so i wont continue this waste of my time. i respectfully advise/invite you to do some more reading on green lanterns in general.

#33 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: I don;t remember GL rings ever successfully making impossible shapes

thats something simple so i wont continue this waste of my time. i respectfully advise/invite you to do some more reading on green lanterns in general.

if you say so

some evidence of what your saying what be nice

#34 Posted by dondave (36517 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern's ftw

#35 Edited by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#36 Edited by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

Hulk and Thor could destroy the forcefids for everyone ! Hulk has broken out of and into shields of ppl like Strange and the Elder God Collector ! Strictly defensive attacks of that manner won't cut it !

#37 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, Qusar and thor make this fight a horrible loss for the GLs.

#39 Posted by Oblivions_Child (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns take it.

#40 Posted by Hyperlight (5708 posts) - - Show Bio

quasar takes one and thor takes 1 to 2 but i still give it to the GL's

#41 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns.

#43 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I say avengers. Thor hulk quasar vision ms. Marvel all could have a chance. Thor and quasar could drain them. Hulk and vision could one shot some considering all those avengers distracting them. I don't like the bubble idea. If supes can break the constructs so can thor. Ms. Marvel can also hold one. Not to mention I'm can do some good with his tech.