#1 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians: Power Girl, Superboy, Supergirl, Superman

vs

Lanterns: Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner

Random encounter, in-character. Pre-52 for everyone. GLs start with shields on and ready for the fight.

Who ends still standing?

#2 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say the kryptonians pull off the win, but I'm not 100% certain. Others probably have waaay better input that me of course, but that's just my initial gut reaction. It would be an awesome fight though.

#3 Edited by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonite.

Lots and lots of Kryptonite

#4 Edited by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonite.

Has nothing to do with the fight, really.

That said, I think the Lanterns take this. Kyle is easily the most powerful here. He literally contained Ultraman (superman's equal) for hours in a construct. I'd take any of the other lanterns against any of the other kryptonians, too.

#5 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Ah, I always thought hal was supposed to be stronger =/ shows what I know...

#6 Edited by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Hal gets a little more wanking from the old timers like Johns but Kyle has the best consistent feats.

#7 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Ah, I always thought hal was supposed to be stronger =/ shows what I know...

That's a whole other argument, and it's debatable. Kyle has some nice feats, but so does Hal.

#8 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: @dredeuced: You have both told me different things =| There's only one way to settle this! Gladiator style Fight to the death in times Square! So, I'll see you guys there monday at noon? Okay?

#9 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I ... I didn't expect you to agree so easily... Ah, well, thems the breaks. Which weapon would you like? Short sword, trdent+net? Spear? Any preference?

Also, ty for the thread link.

#11 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I ... I didn't expect you to agree so easily... Ah, well, thems the breaks. Which weapon would you like? Short sword, trdent+net? Spear? Any preference?

Also, ty for the thread link.

Rapiers! But, I should warn my opponent... I've been fencing for around 15 years... so, basically, he's screwed! =)

#12 Posted by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Posting a glorified popularity contest of a thread doesn't mean much. Kyle has outperformed almost anything Kyle can show besides maybe Hal's defeating of Krona.

#13 Posted by Pokeysteve (8300 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians via speed. I think they're broken Lantern constructs before also. Can someone clarify?

@willpayton: Posting a glorified popularity contest of a thread doesn't mean much. Kyle has outperformed almost anything Kyle can show besides maybe Hal's defeating of Krona.

Please! Kyle kicks Kyle's ass every time.

#14 Posted by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

Very very tough fight. It could go either way truthfully.

#16 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless the kryptos instantly blitz, the lanterns can make kryptonite radiation with their rings

#17 Posted by DraZah (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyles been my fav. js

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians via speed. I think they're broken Lantern constructs before also. Can someone clarify?

All Kryptonians are not the same.

Unless the kryptos instantly blitz, the lanterns can make kryptonite radiation with their rings

No they cant. Pre-Crisis Hal could do it, not not modern Lanterns.

#19 Edited by russellmania77 (15356 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns can worm hole them away if they don't speed blitz

Edit: oh wait, all you said was earth lanterns so that means white lantern Kyle rayner

#20 Posted by Pokeysteve (8300 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Curse you, typo fairy, CURSE YOU.

At some point in our lives the typo fairy poops on all of us.

@pokeysteve said:

All Kryptonians are not the same.

True. I don't even consider Connor Kryptonian. The other three should be roughly the same with Superman being a tad higher in stats obviously.

#21 Posted by JediXMan (30608 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the GLs. I feel like Superboy is the weak link here that would make his team off balance.

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Superboy could take Guy?

#23 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say Kryptonians.

#24 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

The lanterns have a chance

#25 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

Kryptonite.

Has nothing to do with the fight, really.

Err, why not?

#26 Posted by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Green Lanterns can't make Kryptonite. Not since Pre-crisis.

#27 Edited by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I think you mean that they've not been shown to do it.

#28 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians

#29 Edited by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Yes? Which means they can't? I mean, I've not shown that I can blow up mercury with a fart so chances are I can't. Green Lanterns have fought off pissed off Kryptonians enough times(Superman gets mind controlled every other year) to deduce that they can't create kryptonite or that they wouldn't think to do it in a fight.

#30 Edited by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

Look what I found:

Courtesy of Dondave

#31 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns

#32 Edited by dondave (37415 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Fair enough, though I'd like to find out which JLA arc that's from if you'd be so kind.

#34 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Oh, sure, no problem, it's Man Of Tomorrow #13.

#35 Edited by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Oh, sure, no problem, it's Man Of Tomorrow #13.

Interesting, is that canon? I've never seen a GL do that post-Crisis.

#36 Edited by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Man of Tomorrow is definitely canon, I remember it was part of the DC One Million series where Superman was dealing with Kal Kent. It's the one where he finds future Platinum along with the deceased metal men.

That said, it seems only Kyle can because the formula was ripped from Supes' mind, but that's all that's needed. Kyle could possibly solo if you combine the kryptonite feats with his other feats like containing ultraman for hours without breaking a sweat or blowing up planets to spite Hal.