Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

In this battle, Avatar Aang will take on Avatar Korra

For this battle, both Avatars are limited to earth and water bending. All agility feats will apply as though they had airbending

Fight takes place in the South Pole (remember, earthbending works in the south pole just fine from what we've seen). Time is twilight. Starting distance is 30 feet

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Who will win?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say, leaning towards Aang. I never seen korra take on a versatile earth bender like aang.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang for a slight majority.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Koays

Korra stomps.

I mean Korra is a superior water bender for one but she's more then solid with earth bending. Aang on the other hand while being slightly more impressive in earth bending toward then end of the series, doesn't really have enough skills to defend against and then overcome Korra in this instance.

He'll be hard to tag and will likely rely on earth to win, but I can just see him going for that earth armor move and Korra beating him back with waves of water and earth. Korra 8/10

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say, leaning towards Aang. I never seen korra take on a versatile earth bender like aang.

Have we ever seen Aang take on a waterbender like Korra?

Aang.

Aang for a slight majority.

any reasons?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this could really go either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Imo aang had more impressive earth feats, and even though he didn't bend a ton of water, it seemed to be the second easiest element for him, and i do believe he should be fine when it comes to fighting against a water bender, as well.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Imo aang had more impressive earth feats, and even though he didn't bend a ton of water, it seemed to be the second easiest element for him, and i do believe he should be fine when it comes to fighting against a water bender, as well.

Korra seems to have the more impressive waterbending feats, and she's fairly solid in earthbending too

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Korra a natural water bender? Korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arcus1

Isn't Korra a natural water bender? Korra.

Yeah, Aang arguable outclasses her in earthbending though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Eh true, but aang imo is a better earth bender, and prolly on par for sure with water.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: Eh true, but aang imo is a better earth bender, and prolly on par for sure with water.

What feats put him on par with Korra?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just a couple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: seriously? lol did u forget aang's best feat that tops anything korra could ever do? XD

jk this is the one im talking about, as or not korra never did this lol.

Loading Video...

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both die before the fight starts

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: seriously? lol did u forget aang's best feat that tops anything korra could ever do? XD

jk this is the one im talking about, as or not korra never did this lol.

Loading Video...

The koi one was when he merged with the ocean spirit, not to mention Avatar State has nothing to do with his own skill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Ik and thats why displayed one where he didn't enter the AS to do it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Ik and thats why displayed one where he didn't enter the AS to do it.

to do the koi?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aang

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex.

Male.

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arcus: I like him better. Lol

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang should win this. his use of earth bending was much more versatile than anything korra has ever shown. While she generally only used it to rip up the earth and throw rocks, while aang did things like earth armor and earth bullets. he has a solid upper hand in terms of earth control.

for water bending, while it is korra's natural element, it was also the second element aang learned (after air), meaning that was the element he had the most time to learn and perfect. he has shown amazing water potential, enough to match korra

as for avatar state, whenever aang used it, shit went down. korra has never been able to use the avatar state effectively. every time she has used it, she would either lose, or not be that impressive with it, where as aang became a beast.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: lol. the first gif is priceless.

Either way:

P4Ud3y

His earthbending is good enough to take this on it's own imo...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: why do you think he can take it with just earthbending?@knightofzero:

He might have potential, but that doesn't replace actual feats

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: uh, his earthbending vastly outmatches korra's earth/water bending, whichever she chooses? It's not like using two elements has an extra advantage or anything.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Arcus1

@princearagorn1: why do you think his earthbending vastly outmatches her earth and water bending?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: when has korra used city wide earth/waterbending?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: ikr? It so peaceful imo and hilarious lol. Ah good old ATLA

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was a full moon when he did that, and Yue is seen helping him bend it in background.

I am confused as to why people are posting avatar state water bending feats to back Aang. I am pretty sure that the OP doesn't mention the AS

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 juiceboks  Moderator

@princearagorn1 said:

It was a full moon when he did that, and Yue is seen helping him bend it in background.

I am confused as to why people are posting avatar state water bending feats to back Aang. I am pretty sure that the OP doesn't mention the AS

She only helped make the wave larger, Aang is the one that started it and controlled it to propel him where Katara, Toph, Sokka and the rest were. Not to mention he could barely stand at that point due to just getting out of a coma for a couple weeks..

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

She only helped make the wave larger, Aang is the one that started it and controlled it to propel him where Katara, Toph, Sokka and the rest were. Not to mention he could barely stand at that point due to just getting out of a coma for a couple weeks..

It was a full moon. Full moon amps water bending. And as you said yourself, Yue made it larger.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@gxrevolution96 said:

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

It was a full moon. Full moon amps water bending. And as you said yourself, Yue made it larger.

I also said Aang was severely weakened..which he was. And Yue only made it to the colossal point it eventually became..what was posted in the gif was all under Aang's power.

Korraspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Korraspirit

@princearagorn1 said:

@arcus: when has korra used city wide earth/waterbending?

Earth bending, I'll give you that. But when has Aang ever performed city wide water bending. I don't recall him having any feats. Korra has an affinity for water bending and it is her native element.

@killerwasp

Everything, except the to gif are avatar state water bending feats.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GXrevolution96

@gxrevolution96 said:

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

I also said Aang was severely weakened..which he was. And Yue only made it to the colossal point it eventually became..what was posted in the gif was all under Aang's power.

All his own power…under a full moon.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@gxrevolution96 said:

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

While going through the middle of rehab from dying..and right after almost passing out.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GXrevolution96

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

While going through the middle of rehab..and right after almost passing out.

I don't see how that is relevant. Yes, he was weakened and it was an impressive display of bending, but it was under a full moon. Its like using Zuko's comet feats and applying it to a non-comet Zuko. It dosen't work. Zuko is not going to be producing city/town busting flames without the comet, regardless of his SKILL. The Full moon enhances water bending, and has been stated to do so. I am not saying that is not an impressive feat, but it was under a FULL MOON, with the moon spirit herself directly making it stronger. Can Aang create waves without the FM, of course. But can he create waves as big as that, no. Lets not forget that Yue is technically the strongest water bender.

Outside of the full moon and the AS, Aang hasn't shown anywhere near that level of water bending. He has virtually no feats, except for the odd water attack once in a while.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@gxrevolution96 How could being in a near collapsing state not be relevant? A full moon amp is nowhere near as potent as the amp firebenders get from the Sozin's Comet. We saw Iroh create a fireball that busted through what is possibly the most durable wall in the entire world, whereas his normal firebending isn't any better than Zuko's. We've seen how much the full moon amps waterbenders..and it's not that much. Pakku has bent almost as much water without the full moon as he has with it and with just as much finesse. Katara was bending the same amount of water she is normally capable of during her fight with Hama. Really, the main boost a full moon gives waterbenders is the ability to bloodbend. The amp Aang got from the full moon couldn't possibly have been that great..and the fact that he was in a horrible state to begin with enforces the idea that Aang would be capable of that feat had he been healthy.

Aang and Katara created that large whirlpool at the Serpent's Pass that trapped the serpent..and his water blasts are strong enough to block comet-enhanced fire from Ozai. That tidal wave feat isn't outside of his waterbending capabilities.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

Korra still has yet to really impress me combat-wise, especially with earth and water, feel like Mako seriously has the better feats in that department (combat).

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GXrevolution96

@juiceboks

The amp Aang got from the full moon couldn't possibly have been that great

You are speculating. Like the the comet amp, the full moon amp is ubquantifiable. All we know is that it augments water bending considerably. By how much is pure speculation.

The amp Aang got was even greater due to Yue, the moon spirit, water bending the wave with him. You know, Yue. The most powerful water bender in there is, and the very source of water bending itself.

Pakku has bent almost as much water without the full moon as he has with it and with just as much finesse.

Firstly, Pakku did not have the moon spirit herself directly amping his water bending. Secondly, , the whirlpool feat pales in comparison to the wave he created. It was huge, and appeared to be at least a mile wide.

That tidal wave feat isn't outside of his waterbending capabilities.

There has been nothing to suggest that Aang could perform that level of water bending without any amps. The fact that the only time he ever demonstrated that level of water bending was with the full moon, reenforces that it was most likely beyond his capabilities. Aang's waterbending+Full Moon + Moon Spirit herself= 50 foot swells.

Aang and Katara created that large whirlpool at the Serpent's Pass that trapped the serpent..

Aang created and water bent the whirlpool with Katara, a water bending master. Opal, summoned hurricane force winds, with the help of a powerful airbending master. Could Opal do that on her own? Probably not.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Aangs best water feats were avatar state, korra better than him at water and slightly worse than him at earth, she beats aang. She could even use only water.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Arcus1

@princearagorn1: when has Aang? The only city wide bender I can think of is Bumi

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

While going through the middle of rehab..and right after almost passing out.

I don't see how that is relevant. Yes, he was weakened and it was an impressive display of bending, but it was under a full moon. Its like using Zuko's comet feats and applying it to a non-comet Zuko. It dosen't work. Zuko is not going to be producing city/town busting flames without the comet, regardless of his SKILL. The Full moon enhances water bending, and has been stated to do so. I am not saying that is not an impressive feat, but it was under a FULL MOON, with the moon spirit herself directly making it stronger. Can Aang create waves without the FM, of course. But can he create waves as big as that, no. Lets not forget that Yue is technically the strongest water bender.

Yes, it was under a full moon - but it was also when severely weakened. It was also extremely casual. Zuko wasn't severely exhausted/wounded at the time of comet.

Yue started bending after the gif ends, actually. The first part was done by aang, and it's impressive even taking the full moon amp in question, and ignoring his condition at the time.

Outside of the full moon and the AS, Aang hasn't shown anywhere near that level of water bending. He has virtually no feats, except for the odd water attack once in a while.

Actually, he was completely outdoing katara when they both started out:

aang tries waterbending

he was overpowering ozai's comet enhanced fire blasts without avatar state.

aang waterbending

@arcus said:

@princearagorn1: when has Aang? The only city wide bender I can think of is Bumi

In the promise, he separates the city from the fighting armies.

Not that he needs it, his earthbending in avatar state is a level ahead of korra's.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang not only has he been more impressive in earthbending but I'd say he's an even better water bender than she is. Even though she's a natural born waterbender she barely has any water bending feats that impress me

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus

The 3 elements aang has had the most practice/experience with are earth water and air. Aang's fire bending, while impressive, isn't as good as his other elements. So you have aang with 2 elements he is really good at vs aang with 1 element he is really good at and 1 element he is ok at

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you guys forgetting Korra can separate Aang from Raava/and or destroy his spirit? I know she wouldn't, but she could...