Luke Hobbs - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Dominic Toretto - Vin Diesel
Dominic Toretto - Vin Diesel

VS

Bryan Mills - Liam Neeson
Bryan Mills - Liam Neeson

Frank Martin/Deckard Shaw from Furious 7 - Jason Statham
Frank Martin/Deckard Shaw from Furious 7 - Jason Statham

Location: Top of the parking garage from the final fight of Furious 7.

No Caption Provided

Team Battle

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel vs Liam Neeson and Jason Statham.

Round 1: Hand-to-hand only. Both teams begin 100 feet away from each other. Win by KO or death. No preparation.

Round 2: Melee Weapons. Luke Hobbs has 2 police batons, Dominic has 2 wrenches, Bryan Mills has two baseball bats, Frank has the two windshield wipers from Furious 7. 1 hour of preparation. Both teams start 200 feet from each other.

Round 3: Each person is equipped with a standard M9 pistol with 100 bullets of ammunition and a tactical knife. 1 full day of preparation. Both teams start from behind cover on opposite ends of the lot.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Frank Martin.

Avatar image for amuricanpatriot
AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@citizensentry:

For which round? Are you saying he solos Team 1 without Liam Neeson?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@amuricanpatriot: He solos Team 1. The guy was taking on 10-15 guys and manhandling them. He also pulled a boat down off of its supports.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Statham's a boss. I'm going with his team.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry:

Did you see Furious 7? He fought both Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel in that film, and both fights ended in a stalemate. Both members of Team 1 are much stronger and have more durability than he does. It's definitely reasonable to think he can beat one of them, but taking them both on hand-to-hand is too much of a stretch in my opinion.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amuricanpatriot: He put The Rock in the hostpital and never got to finish the fight with Diesel.

Also, beating Dom in the movies is damn near impossible because of the power of Family.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lucano

Pfffffff Liam Neeson is a high end reality warper, he blinks everybody out of existence...

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: He didn't put the Rock in the hospital by fighting him. He blew up the freaking building and the Rock jumped from the window and landed on a car.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

True, but the only reason the Rock lost was because he saved his female colleague from the explosive device. Had it just remained the two of them in that office building, things would've played out a bit differently. Realistically, Jason should've been defeated when he got slammed through the glass table. The two characters seemed to be very evenly matched strictly in hand-to-hand combat. The same applies to his fight with Vin Diesel. The three of them are too evenly matched to say that Jason could solo them both - it's too far-fetched.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: That's because Johnsons girl had to step in to save him.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Why do you have that impression? Before she even enters the room, Jason dives behind a chair because Dwayne is shooting at him with a pistol. In that moment, he had the advantage.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Yeah, he charges into the Rock through a glass balcony, but because of his tremendous strength level, The Rock's powerslam move was more powerful and did more damage to Jason.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

Neeson solos

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@amuricanpatriot: What impression? He would have tossed the bomb even if she didn't enter the room.

Statham didn't even show off his best moves in that movie due to pis. He has way better showings in the Transporter franchise, like effortlessly beating about 10 guys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKQYK7PYQpQ

Vin had trouble dealing with 2 guys with a crowbar in Fast 5.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Bo7CDDKjE

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@amuricanpatriot: True, the Rock is physically stronger. It wouldn't really matter though, because getting hit through glass in real life would critically injure you, regardless of how strong you are.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

In which case the Rock could simply rush up to him and shoot him, as the detonation time for the bomb required several seconds and Jason was lying on the ground, weaponless, attempting to barricade himself behind a table. The Rock could potentially kill him or get into another brief melee encounter with Jason, but then not have enough time to avoid the blast radius of the bomb, thus resulting in his death (or both of them dying) and a stalemate. The Rock could also find a piece of cover to hide behind in those several seconds as both men would then get propelled back from the blast, but then the Rock would still have his pistol and more than likely end up killing Jason. It's tough to really say.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amuricanpatriot: Statham could have waited until it was about to explode before throwing it, plus he has far better h2h technique then than the Rock anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Family power XD

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

That's also a possibility, although during the time in which Jason hides behind cover and "cooks" the bomb to detonation, the Rock could likely have advanced to within a very close distance of Jason, at which point both of them are likely to be blown up. It's really too difficult to say either way.

If we're basing the hand-to-hand skill of the two me solely on Furious 7, then Jason might be slightly better just because of his agility, but the Rock compensates for this with his superior durability level. At one point in the fight, Jason hits Dwayne several times in a rapid succession, demonstrated his superior agility, but then the Rock returns the favor with 5-6 hard hits before a headbutt and the powerslam. Keep in mind though that his character Luke Hobbs still quite agile for his size, and is likely well-trained in some form of martial arts/wrestling techniques, being a high-ranking member of the DSS.

Including Frank Martin's feats would elevate Jason's fighting ability from slightly to moderately better than the Rock's, in my opinion.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

That's also a possibility, although during the time in which Jason hides behind cover and "cooks" the bomb to detonation, the Rock could likely have advanced to within a very close distance of Jason, at which point both of them are likely to be blown up. It's really too difficult to say either way.

Yeah, adding What if scenarios like this is just speculating too much imo. We don't know whether the Rock would have advanced or not after hearing the timer.

If we're basing the hand-to-hand skill of the two me solely on Furious 7, then Jason might be slightly better just because of his agility, but the Rock compensates for this with his superior durability level. At one point in the fight, Jason hits Dwayne several times in a rapid succession, demonstrated his superior agility, but then the Rock returns the favor with 5-6 hard hits before a headbutt and the powerslam. Keep in mind though that his character Luke Hobbs still quite agile for his size, and is likely well-trained in some form of martial arts/wrestling techniques, being a high-ranking member of the DSS.

Agreed. Johnson definitely has better durability and strength, but isn't as fast or skilled as Statham.

Including Frank Martin's feats would elevate Jason's fighting ability from slightly to moderately better than the Rock's, in my opinion.

Imo, Frank Martin's feats are way better than Hobb's or Dom's. They seemed evenly matched in Fast 5, but in the vid I linked, it shows Diesel having trouble taking on 2 guys. Frank has easily beaten 10+ guys throughout the Transporter franchise.

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rock solos

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 beyond easily.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Yeah, I think that fight is highly speculative in many regards. Even though Jason won by default, I think it's best that we write it off as a tie for now.

Honestly, I see Team 1 winning the first round if it comes down to the Rock vs Statham and Diesel vs Neeson. Neeson has better hand-to-hand technique than Vin Diesel, but is outclassed in every other category (speed, strength, durability, quickness) so Vin should be able to take him down after a couple minutes. Meanwhile, due to the Rock's durability, even if Jason manages to get the upper hand on him, the Rock should still be able to hold out long enough for Vin to come so that they can both double team him.

Round two should be a close one, but I think Team 2 takes it since it relies less on strength (probably the biggest area in which Team 1 excels) and more on technique and mastery of the weapons.

Round three should also belong to Team 2 since Dom doesn't have as much experience with using pistols compared to the other 3 characters, and the Rock can't take on both Jason and Liam in a firefight.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbm:

Really? Damn, I thought the general consensus on this fight would be much more conflicted.

tiraomoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LIAM NEESON "I don't know who they are but I will find them and I will kill them" which he will eventually do,all the while using his batman voice.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Rock could solo. Liam is old. Statham gets rag dolled.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My man Vinnie solos

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE

But seriously, don't make me choose.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So three gorillas and Liam Neeson?

Pokopika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So three gorillas and Liam Neeson?

Three gorillas and GOD

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Flumox56

Round One = Team Two.

Round Two = Team Two.

Round Three = Team Two.

Bingo, Full House.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flumox56:

Damn, even round one? Team One has a combined 150 pounds of muscle mass or so on Team Two. I'd pick Team One for Round One, and probably Team Two for the next two rounds, but that's just me.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AmuricanPatriot

@the_caped_crusader:

The only, albeit important, advantage Neeson has over Team One in Round One is hand-to-hand combat technique, but he's far outclassed in every other category. He's not going to be soloing Team One.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amuricanpatriot: You restricting Statham kind of makes me feel like you want team 1 to win. Lol

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Well, I could put him back as being Frank Martin, but seeing as how he's playing an identical character in Furious 7 (and by extension, let us say that his fighting skill is identical between the films), but honestly, I don't see what difference it makes. With the exception of the big guy from Transporter 3 (and correct me if I'm wrong) no one really posed a significant threat to him in any of those movies because their fighting skills were average at best. Here, his two opponents can fight back and their capabilities are more comparable to his. The two fights scenes I posted above should really be the primary source from which to judge how he'd fare in this fight, seeing as how the opponents are the same.

But keep in mind, though, that this is all only for round one. As I stated before, Team Two would most likely win in a gunfight for Round 3, and assuming they don't drop their weapons, they have a good chance of winning Round 2 as well.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amuricanpatriot: Frank had way better h2h combat feats in the Transporter movies compared to Furious 7. Much better than Dom or Hobbs. Most of Franks opponents were either hired muscle or gunman, and he was capable of beating 10+ by himself on a few different occasions. Saying he was about the same in Furious 7 doesn't mean much since pis is going to prevent at least Dom from getting his ass kicked. Like you already stated, Neeson won't be doing as good at fighting h2h as the other 3, so that would make round 1 unfair.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: I just changed him back to Frank Martin, let's see if that makes a difference in peoples' responses. You're right about the fights in Furious 7, though - they played it safe so that each fight was inconclusive and that the winner only won by default for plot purposes and not due to better skill. I'm actually surprised how they let Vin Diesel beat Dwayne Johnson in Fast Five, even though The Rock is superior in every category.

Just to reiterate:

I'd say Team One Takes Round One 8/10 since Liam would be defeated before Jason would be able to defeat either Dwayne or Vin because of their superhuman durability and strength, and then he'd get double teamed.

Round Two is where I'm a bit stumped. I'll say Team Two 6/10 for now, but I'm not at all certain about that.

Round Three belongs to Team Two 8/10, since Liam and Jason are not only probably better shooters than Dwayne, but because Dominic Toretto isn't well-versed in using guns.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By never give up

I'M NOT TRYING TO HIJACK THIS THREAD I'M TRYING TO SAVE IT!!!!!!!!

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amuricanpatriot: I know what you mean. The Rock should be able to beat Diesel no problem, but with pis and the power of family, what can you do? Lol

On another note, it's a good thing we aren't using Chev Chelios from the Crank movies. He had insane durability.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Haha, yeah. Based on the FF movies, the ranking would go Vin Diesel>Jason Statham>Dwayne Johnson>Liam Neeson. Jason's only better than Dwayne in Furious 7 because he won the fight by default.

In real life, though?

Dwayne Johnson>Jason Statham>Vin Diesel>Liam Neeson

Haven't seen any of the Crank films yet, but I plan on doing so soon.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amuricanpatriot: I'm not sure about the real life order. Jasan Statham dows his own stunts and has studied in many types of martial arts.

The Rock is a professional wrestler and showboater. Personally, I would give it to statham. The WWE is just for entertainment puposes and is most likely fixed.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/people/2014/09/17/dwayne-johnson-past-arrest-theft-ring/15761517/

Dwayne Johnson used to train with his father at a young age in the wrestling ring, so I'd imagine he's pretty proficient at wrestling techniques, even though the WWE is largely pre-staged fighting. However, the main reason I'd pick him over Statham aside from his superior strength and durability is that he was a criminal, so it's not out of the question to think he's been in way more actual fights than Jason Statham.

AmuricanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=Gd3pLlq2Zr4

Also, I'm not going to argue with the Rock when he flat out says he'd beat Jason (even though he's not being 100% serious). I'd favor him 6/10 against Jason in real life, but that's just me.