Dwarves vs Spartans

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UFT

the dwarf army, including thorin's boys, from battle of five armies film.

vs

300 spartans from 300 film

battlefield: pelennor

scenario:

thorin: what was that? a bright light?

kili: over there, my king! they look like easterlings!

the spartans gather their bearings.

leonidas: zeus....what is happening?

stelios: sire, a strange army is approaching! could be persians.

leonidas: whoever they are, let's give them a taste of our steel.

thorin: to battle, sons of durin!

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so 500 of the best infantry force of all Middle Earth against 300 Spartans? Spartans couldn't even touch any men races in Middle Earth. Spartans never have steel. They don't have the ores to make steel at all, only bronze.

Sorry, I had to say this but Dwarves win by a landslide. They also have procession of mithril.

The battle of the five armies? You're giving the dwarves siege crossbows, war rams, and chariots? They're including in the extended edition, making it worse for the spartans.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Ashnard

@uft: by the way. Your pathetic Spartans are no much for the might of my troops as I demolished them in the fields of Crimea! Muhahahaha

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/spartans-vs-the-daein-army-1668795/?messageId=14484401#js-message-3

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator

Spartans lose again.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_ashnard: and incredible PIS powers for the dwarves!!

My army is far more powerful of these maggot dwarves! http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/spartans-vs-the-daein-army-1668795/?messageId=14484401#js-message-3

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Ashnard
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Don't make me bring my entire army to your doors! I will make you dragon food for Rajaion here!

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Don't make me bring my entire army to your doors! I will make you dragon food for Rajaion here!

No Caption Provided

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Ashnard
@king_ashnard said:

No Caption Provided

Depending on your strength... Are you one of them blinded Crimeans or the weak trained Begnion soldiers? Or are you hairy like them subhumans?

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwarfes wins with ease.

Mikey_EZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mikey_EZ
ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwarves, Dain could just head but them all to death if he had to.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_ashnard:

There are some common fallacies about bronze. Frist, bronze and steel are really close in terms of durability. Bronze is a touch heavier, but steel's big advantage (once people figured out how to control the carbon content) was in cost. Copper is common but tin is not and the iron age really started in most places when tin supplies were cut off. Early iron weapons and tools were vastly inferior to bronze but with the cost so high or unavailable, steel experimentation became commonplace. Steel is also much more amenable to repair. Your just not going to see any functional difference in a given fight between the two.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Yeah but he's giving the dwarves siege crossbows, battle ram cavalry(reinforcements?), and a ram chariot. And dwarves are actually considered to be the best infantry force in Middle Earth. They defeated 200,000 Easterlings in the Battle of Dale/Erebor apparently. And Easterlings are considered to be the elites and the back bone of Sauron's army.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_ashnard:

Sorry I didn't mean that to say I would think the 300 had a chance. I just like to inform people about bronze because people are always assuming it is crap without understanding that iron/steel's major advantage really is a matter of logistics.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Ashnard

@namasthetu: Well, they have better chance in a narrow pass. But in Pelennor, it's pretty hopeless. If you watch the trailer, you would know what else is coming for the dwarf army. They will have siege crossbows aka ballistas, ram cavalry, and a chariot.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_ashnard:

Even in a narrow pass they will have trouble. The reason they held the Persians was because the Persians wore such light armor and were not used to fighting in rugged terrain. Persian tactics were about swift, light infantry flanking maneuvers against other lightly armored opponents. The dwarves are used to fighting in mountains and hills, posses greater strength than humans, and will be able to stab up under the Spartan Aspis. Their only issue will be the range issue with Spartan spears and arm reach. This may be negated though as dwarves are used to fighting human sized opponents and carrying their shields high while striking low. The Spartans will likely start losing legs if they try to use a gastrezion kick to fend off the charging dwarves.

This is all without even implementing siege weaponry to break the Spartan formation beforehand.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. And in history, Persia never brought elephants but that's ok. I thought Persian tactics are archers, cavalry, then infantry.

@king_ashnard:

Even in a narrow pass they will have trouble. The reason they held the Persians was because the Persians wore such light armor and were not used to fighting in rugged terrain. Persian tactics were about swift, light infantry flanking maneuvers against other lightly armored opponents. The dwarves are used to fighting in mountains and hills, posses greater strength than humans, and will be able to stab up under the Spartan Aspis. Their only issue will be the range issue with Spartan spears and arm reach. This may be negated though as dwarves are used to fighting human sized opponents and carrying their shields high while striking low. The Spartans will likely start losing legs if they try to use a gastrezion kick to fend off the charging dwarves.

This is all without even implementing siege weaponry to break the Spartan formation beforehand.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Actually I don't know about the spears. I don't know it it's just me or something, but I kinda see Dwarves spears were longer...

And to impersonate my character:

Whoever wins have a right to join my army.

Sorry, just impersonating

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Namasthetu

@king_ashnard:

You are pretty much correct, Medean archers followed by a chariot charge down the middle while the cavalry and light infantry flanked is the tactics they used at Gaugamela against Alexander. Thermopylae was much earlier and at that time the Persians had much less cavalry and chariots (due to the enormous costs of them), light cavalry was cheap and Xerxes often conscripted it from the vassals he incorporated into his army. Thus he often had Medean archers followed by flanking light infantry as the core of his attacks. The chariots runs down the middle were used at times, but not to the effect they would later have. I'm not sur ewhen they started using flanking cavalry exactly but I know most of their cavalry at Gaugamela was scythian IIRC.

I'm not sure how long the Spartan spears were. Greek spears varied in length from 7ft to 21ft at different times. Alexander deployed the longest ones (okay yeah he's technically Macedonian) but before that they were kind of all over the place IIRC.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Ashnard

@namasthetu: Macedonian and greeks are pretty much a same. If they are not the same then Alexander would be part since Phillip is from Macedonia and his mother is from somewhere part of Greece. I think Epirus(Kingdom of Achilles). I think Persian were flanking the left side where Parmenion and Phioltas were commanding. They were not really called greek until Romans, they were just called Hellenes. The left flank was too thin and they were being outflanked by Persians. Scythian as well as Bacterian cavalry I believe. I don't see Persians as great tacticians for some reason. They have camels so I think if they pit camel riders against Alexander, they might be able to scare some of Alexander cavalry since horses are afraid of camels due to smell.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Namasthetu

@king_ashnard:

Persians suffered tactically from their location and actually from their success. They often rolled up outside a city and said "Hey, you could fight us, or we'll let you join us. You have to acknowledge our Emperor as a living god, and you have to pay taxes, which you can do partially by having your army fight alongside us. Oh and we will treat you pretty much as equals and defend you." While not necessarily abiding by modern human rights standards, these were great terms and led to a lot of bloodless conquest. It also meant they lost very few soldiers while adding a lot to their ranks. It was also easier to deploy masses of bodies who were lightly armored on the plains of the middle east and under the scorching sun. Heavy armor was unthinkable to them and nobody they knew used it until they met the Greeks. Even the Greek colonies in Asia Minor were mostly defended by light infantry

It's a classic case of "What got you here won't get you there."

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwarves stomp.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Well that makes sense. And can you check my forum and tell me if it's overkill or not? I'm trying to make this one even. I wonder if I should just delete it or not. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/300-vs-daein-army-fanfic-1669545/

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_ashnard:

I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem at all. If you have questions about the fairness of a fight then there are probably issues there that you just haven't put your finger on yet. Most military battles are fairly easy to analyze though. Ultimately one has to force the other side to adapt to your tactics. If one side always forces the other to adapt they retain the edge.

King_Ashnard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By King_Ashnard

@namasthetu said:

@king_ashnard:

I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem at all. If you have questions about the fairness of a fight then there are probably issues there that you just haven't put your finger on yet. Most military battles are fairly easy to analyze though. Ultimately one has to force the other side to adapt to your tactics. If one side always forces the other to adapt they retain the edge.

Well, it's kinda based on a fanfic(Not mine). It was my friend's and dang he just found out. He was not happy. I did say location depends is a choice. The forum is kinda accurate since there is not a lot of info about 'Daein' but the only info was that their military prowess was kinda overwhelming and they do smelt strong weapons and great quality armor. And they discriminate recruits and militias during Ashnard's time as he search for strong men which means that most of his armies are elites. He pit his men against a laguz to see if they are fit in his own world. In Daein, strength and military matters a lot more than all else. And yes, Ashnard did kill at least million of soldiers in a single battle with less manpower apparently.