Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

Rules: 
-Morals off. 
-Random encounter. 
-Durge has no weapons. 
-This is Eddie Brock Venom. 
-Fight takes place in Mustafar. The only way Venom wins is to knock him into the lava due to Durge's healing factor. 

No Caption Provided
vs 
No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Durge.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

That's a nice pic of Venom. 

Durge wins.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fetts
@JediXMan: Is it a good fight though? Or does he stomp?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Fetts said:

@JediXMan: Is it a good fight though? Or does he stomp?

Should stomp. He's more durable and has better weapons. Actually, isn't the symbiote weak against fire? Durge has a flame thrower.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

i came in thinking this was Transformers Durge...

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fetts
@JediXMan: It says in the OP that he has no weapons.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Durge has no weapons? There's literally nothing he can do to best Eddie Brock, where-as Eddie has more than ample strength to smack and rip him apart.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Fetts said:

@JediXMan: It says in the OP that he has no weapons.

His armor and equipment is surgically grafted to his body. It can't really be removed.

@k4tzm4n said:

Durge has no weapons? There's literally nothing he can do to best Eddie Brock, where-as Eddie has more than ample strength to smack and rip him apart.

I don't know about that. He's still durable and has pretty good strength feats.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fetts
@k4tzm4n: Why? Durge has more than ample strength (Ex: lift a tank with his lance) and sees everything in slow motion. He also has a buttload of durability. He was able take a whole lot of blaster fire and a rocket and still not be ripped to shreds. Not only that, but when he gets damaged enough he can grow larger (which most likely increases his strength) and use tendirilish arms. I know you love Durge and I'm sure you know all of this so I'm curious on how you think Venom.   
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@JediXMan: He's very durable (and that healing will make this a time consuming battle) and he is indeed strong, but imho his strength is nowhere near Spider-Man's, and therefore he has no real chance of harming Eddie through a physical means.

Eddie, however, is more than strong enough to have Durge feel his strikes, and is perfectly capable of cutting/stabbing damage. Durge will feel these strikes, he'll get hurt, but it'll take a long time to inflict ample damage to actually beat him. But, it's something that can happen over time. The same, unfortunately, doesn't hold true for Durge in his attempts against Eddie. Without proper weaponry or an environmental means, he can just annoy Venom at best, imho.

I know you've seen this, but I'm adding them so others can see visual aid for my reasoning.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver2467
@k4tzm4n: To be fair, on the very pages after the ones you posted, Durge was fine. 
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Not to mention, Durge also has showings like this, where he stands in lava without any harm.
No Caption Provided
And since at least part of the punishment he would be taking from Venom would be blunt force, we have this showing from him:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Not to discount your point, but whether Venom can cause much lasting injury on Durge is debatable, in my opinion. At the very least, he would have to work at it.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Silver2467: I never meant to imply otherwise. The point is merely he feels those strikes, and Venom is miles above that individual in strength and his symbiote allows for cutting/stabbing damage.

Obviously I agree he'll have to work for it, which is precisely why I said:

, but it'll take a long time to inflict ample damage to actually beat him. But, it's something that can happen over time

This is going to be a lengthy battle, but at the end of the day Venom actually has the potential to harm Durge. The opposite doesn't hold true. His healing factor will make this possibly last long enough to consider it a stalemate for some, though.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBatman586

Durge takes it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@TheBatman586: You best drop some reasons, foo!

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheBatman586
@k4tzm4n
As shown in the scans Silver posted, Durge can stand in lava without being harmed. IIRC, symbiotes have a weakness to fire/extreme heat (amongst other things), so all Durge has to do is grab Venom and jump into the lava. Durge comes out unhurt, while Venom is barbecued.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Nefarious said:

That's a nice pic of Venom. Durge wins.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@TheBatman586: And Venom lets him do that because...? Venom is much stronger, so Durge isn't going to be ragdolling Brock any time soon.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123

Contractually obligated to bump good Venom threads.

It's a thing.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
@k4tzm4n said:

@Silver2467: I never meant to imply otherwise. The point is merely he feels those strikes, and Venom is miles above that individual in strength and his symbiote allows for cutting/stabbing damage.

In the first scan you posted, the only damage Durge seemed to feel was the blaster shot to the face. When the Jedi pounded on him, there were no visual or audio depictions that showed Durge was being hurt by them. We see a sound effect given for when the Jedi's blows connect with Durge's armor but nothing from Durge himself to imply he was felt harm. If anything, he was still just staggered from the shot to the head he sustained. As for the second, true, he was hurt when Anakin buried him, but that had little to no standing effects. 

I understand your point though, and I agree with it. Unless Durge manages to push Brock into the lava (Brock can swing; so even if he did fall, he could shoot a web line to pull himself back up), Venom would probably win after a while.