Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Duncan Macleod
 Duncan Macleod

Ian Nottingham 
Ian Nottingham 

Duncan Macleod Vs Ian Nottingham 

In the blue corner we have Duncan Macleod... chosen one, defeater of Ahriman, The Highlander 

In the red corner we have Ian Nottingham... wielder of Excalibur, bane of The Darkness and thief of the Witchblade 

As usual, if you don't know the characters, look them up before posting.  

Please use logic and reasoning in your posts. For this battle, Ian Nottingham DOES NOT have Excalibur or any Darkness / Witchblade powers.  

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

Does Ian know about Duncan's weakness?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Methos

Nope... 

fight is to first death 

M

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Precise

Hm.. toughy. Obviously Duncan has it experience wise. But Ian has some crazy feats like cutting a car in half, leaping down from one building to the next pretty much unharmed.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

both characters have shown amazing feats, Duncan has skill / experience and immortality on his side.... but Nottingham's slightly enhanced speed and strength give him an edge in close combat... 

M

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Magian

Ian has slightly enhanced physical attributes but since this is to the death and he doesn't know that he must decapitate him in order to kill, Duncan would eventually recover from every damage.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Precise
@Methos:  Immortality doesn't mean much in this battle since it's to the first death (so I assume that if Ian manages to stab a blade through Duncan's heart the battle is over). Experience is a major factor for Duncan since he has a lot of combat experience. However, Ian did manage to sneak up on Sara without her noticing. So is this a face-off, or can Ian sneak around before attacking?
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

first death - so yeah, stabbing duncan in the heart will do... 

i mentioned immortality because in a sword fight, lots of little cuts and wounds add up... for Duncan this won't be an issue... 

this is a faceoff fight... in a warehouse... 

M

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross

I'll go with Duncan in that case. Ian can be rather rash and not think things through, and it has meant his defeat a couple of times. Duncan will keep his calm, will think it through, he has greater skill with a sword in my opinion (since that's his bread and butter and means to survive). Ian might get a couple of swings of at Duncan but nothing he could not survive.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
Duncan Macleod for the win... he has the experience advantage and has dealt with some immortals with crazy techniques before... 
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Achilles.

Ian takes this

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos
@King Saturn: @Aiden Cross:  

I'm not so sure... i mean, Duncan kicks ass with a sword, no doubt about that... but Ian's got some mad skills as well.... not to mention feats like cutting a car in half with his sword or snatching bullets out of the air... 

M
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Magian

So this is a faceoff fight. Duncan has experience and can heal from the wounds but Ian has better physical attibutes and he is skilled. I will give the advantage to Ian.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Methos: That's true. But as I said before i think Ian's state of mind will be what determines the outcome of that battle. Ian is arrogant and rash, Duncan is cool and collected. Think of when Ian broke out of jail, he went straight for Sara while she had full access to the witchblade and defeated him rather easily. When he attacked Kenneth Irons (yes he got some good attacks of, but was defeated). Those were all rash decisions.
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos
@Aiden Cross: All true... he's not the sharpest tool in the box... but to be fair, neither is Duncan 

When he went after Ahriman he could have called for backup or trusted his friends, he didn't, he simply charged in and it ended up costing him Richie's life... 

He's also rash and impulsive, it's cost him more than a few friends / lovers over the centuries 

M
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Methos:  Also true. I still think Duncan would win if he played it smart though and not underestimate his opponent because he's not one of the immortals. He should be able to sense that. However, if Duncan would simply rush in without strategy than Ian should win.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IcePrince_X

I am going with Ian, his training and enhancements are magical and technological based may be too much for Duncan. He is not just an all brawl fighter he is a tactician and being a master assassin himself, he makes sure he makes his move clean and precise... without much drama.  

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Ian wins this. His feats are far superior. And decapitation is something he does all the time.