#1 Posted by shenron (880 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

#2 Posted by Stingerrain (946 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's standard Spawn, I don't see him winning.

God Spawn is a different story, though. I see it going either way.

#3 Posted by shenron (880 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who would come out on top, Dr. Strange has topped Dormammu like 100 times and spawn and Dormammu are like the best of there dark powers.

Spawn is awesome though. I want some answers okay.

#4 Posted by shenron (880 posts) - - Show Bio

I wont put god Spawn up against normal spawn because on battles you should only put together fights that can make sense

#5 Posted by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange would win. Spawn powers fluctuates alot, his "imagination" has a part in it also and besides the Doc has faced with powerful beings like Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, etc.

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22329 posts) - - Show Bio

Street Level Tier

Depowered Strange (New Avemgers) < Classic Spawn

Mid Tier

Modern Strange (After 80s but before New Avengers) > First Age of Spawn and 3rd Age of Spawn

Modern Strange (After 80s but before New Avengers) > Hell King Spawn

Modern Strange (After 80s but before New Avengers) = Divine Spawn

Highest Tier

Classic Strange = God Spawn

Thats my breakdown.

#7 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio
@shenron said:

I don't know who would come out on top, Dr. Strange has topped Dormammu like 100 times and spawn and Dormammu are like the best of there dark powers.

Spawn is awesome though. I want some answers okay.

There is two deciding factors: 
Firstly Dr. Strange is a lot more experienced 
Secondly Spawn has to hold back while Strange would just go full out
#8 Posted by shenron (880 posts) - - Show Bio

I thilnk that Dotor Strange would open up a big can of woop hellspawn, Spawn would just be constantly being

kept at bay because he has only so much hellish energy.

#9 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

Classic Strange would win. Spawn powers fluctuates alot, his "imagination" has a part in it also and besides the Doc has faced with powerful beings like Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, etc.

#10 Edited by NeonGameWave (7207 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange.

#11 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange? The same guy who casually corks black holes, blows up planets and defeats the In-betweener (who fought Galactus to a stand still)?

That Dr Strange?

I think I'll go with Strange.

#12 Edited by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange should defeat any version of Spawn (except maybe Divine..idk about that).

#13 Posted by lytet5 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

well, classic strange did once in a point surprise even the LT, just saiyan

#14 Posted by SlimJ87D (8913 posts) - - Show Bio

@lytet5 said:

well, classic strange did once in a point surprise even the LT, just saiyan

Are you the same guy that keeps trying to start the "just saiyan" stuff on gamefaqs?

#15 Posted by lytet5 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I hardly ever visit that site my man, so no, you've gotten me for a wrong one.

#16 Posted by Hyperlight (4319 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest... spawn wont know how to handle someone like strange... he ha a lot of power but he is no magician. Dr Strange will understand what spawn is right off the bat. Im going with Strange

#17 Edited by 9dragons (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Standard Spawn v.s. Standard Strange = Strange

Divine Spawn v.s. Classic Strange = Strange

Divine spawn greatest feat was the remaking of earth, closing the gates of heaven and hell, trapping God and Satan. Let's break it down for a minute. God was the most powerful being in all of Heaven. God > Heaven Gates. Satan the most powerful being in comparison to all of Hell. Devil > Hell gates. It is stated on panel MOM (Man of Miracles) that Spawn's God and Satan are of the many of MOM children that have their own planet to rule over. MOM children amount to the letters of all languages (Most likely even alien languages). MOM explains that God and Satan's dominance only extends to one planet, earth. For the sake of confusion we will describe the God and Satan in spawn comics as earth God and earth Satan god because "earth is their playground". Logically, earth God and Satan means nothing to aliens such as martians who have their own martian God, possibly on par with earth's God because martian God is earth God's sibling much like how earth Satan is earth God's sibling. Kudos to the spawn writer because that actually makes some sense because why would martians care about earth Jesus and God. Back to the point, Heaven and Hell are only as great as earth God and earth Satan who power of influence is only planetary and possible their strength is only planetary. Why? Because their battle did not threaten the whole universe or galaxy or solar system.It is possible that Martian's have their own Heaven and Hell that is unrelated to earth's. The most important point is that earth god did not create the Universe because MOM was the creator. So earth God was God in name only. Divine Spawn was on par with two planetary entities that was called God and Satan in spawn comics.

Divine Spawn = On panel Planetary due to feats.

While Classic Dr. Strange = On panel Galactic, Universal power.

Note:

God Spawn/Merged Spawn isn't really Spawn because Spawn + MOM is two beings not one and according to the comic panel MOM was the dominate psyche/ one in control. In my opinion MOM power is universal.

It common practice here on the vine to judge capabilities through on panel feats rather then words spoken by characters due to overly used hyperbole in comics. On panel/ Consistency points strange to be the victor.

#18 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic strange stomps