vs

Avatar image for deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06
deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If it's standard Spawn, I don't see him winning.

God Spawn is a different story, though. I see it going either way.

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shenron

I don't know who would come out on top, Dr. Strange has topped Dormammu like 100 times and spawn and Dormammu are like the best of there dark powers.

Spawn is awesome though. I want some answers okay.

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shenron

I wont put god Spawn up against normal spawn because on battles you should only put together fights that can make sense

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ddecourt

Classic Strange would win. Spawn powers fluctuates alot, his "imagination" has a part in it also and besides the Doc has faced with powerful beings like Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, etc.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

Street Level Tier

Depowered Strange (New Avemgers) < Classic Spawn

Mid Tier

Modern Strange (After 80s but before New Avengers) > First Age of Spawn and 3rd Age of Spawn

Modern Strange (After 80s but before New Avengers) > Hell King Spawn

Modern Strange (After 80s but before New Avengers) = Divine Spawn

Highest Tier

Classic Strange = God Spawn

Thats my breakdown.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 202122
@shenron said:

I don't know who would come out on top, Dr. Strange has topped Dormammu like 100 times and spawn and Dormammu are like the best of there dark powers.

Spawn is awesome though. I want some answers okay.

There is two deciding factors: 
Firstly Dr. Strange is a lot more experienced 
Secondly Spawn has to hold back while Strange would just go full out
shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shenron

I thilnk that Dotor Strange would open up a big can of woop hellspawn, Spawn would just be constantly being

kept at bay because he has only so much hellish energy.

Avatar image for robocopslayert800
RobocopSlayerT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RobocopSlayerT800

@Ddecourt said:

Classic Strange would win. Spawn powers fluctuates alot, his "imagination" has a part in it also and besides the Doc has faced with powerful beings like Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, etc.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dr. Strange.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Malevolent1

Classic Strange? The same guy who casually corks black holes, blows up planets and defeats the In-betweener (who fought Galactus to a stand still)?

That Dr Strange?

I think I'll go with Strange.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sethlol

Classic Strange should defeat any version of Spawn (except maybe Divine..idk about that).

lytet5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lytet5

well, classic strange did once in a point surprise even the LT, just saiyan

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slimj87d

@lytet5 said:

well, classic strange did once in a point surprise even the LT, just saiyan

Are you the same guy that keeps trying to start the "just saiyan" stuff on gamefaqs?

lytet5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lytet5

@SlimJ87D: I hardly ever visit that site my man, so no, you've gotten me for a wrong one.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

to be honest... spawn wont know how to handle someone like strange... he ha a lot of power but he is no magician. Dr Strange will understand what spawn is right off the bat. Im going with Strange

9dragons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 9dragons

Standard Spawn v.s. Standard Strange = Strange

Divine Spawn v.s. Classic Strange = Strange

Divine spawn greatest feat was the remaking of earth, closing the gates of heaven and hell, trapping God and Satan. Let's break it down for a minute. God was the most powerful being in all of Heaven. God > Heaven Gates. Satan the most powerful being in comparison to all of Hell. Devil > Hell gates. It is stated on panel MOM (Man of Miracles) that Spawn's God and Satan are of the many of MOM children that have their own planet to rule over. MOM children amount to the letters of all languages (Most likely even alien languages). MOM explains that God and Satan's dominance only extends to one planet, earth. For the sake of confusion we will describe the God and Satan in spawn comics as earth God and earth Satan god because "earth is their playground". Logically, earth God and Satan means nothing to aliens such as martians who have their own martian God, possibly on par with earth's God because martian God is earth God's sibling much like how earth Satan is earth God's sibling. Kudos to the spawn writer because that actually makes some sense because why would martians care about earth Jesus and God. Back to the point, Heaven and Hell are only as great as earth God and earth Satan who power of influence is only planetary and possible their strength is only planetary. Why? Because their battle did not threaten the whole universe or galaxy or solar system.It is possible that Martian's have their own Heaven and Hell that is unrelated to earth's. The most important point is that earth god did not create the Universe because MOM was the creator. So earth God was God in name only. Divine Spawn was on par with two planetary entities that was called God and Satan in spawn comics.

Divine Spawn = On panel Planetary due to feats.

While Classic Dr. Strange = On panel Galactic, Universal power.

Note:

God Spawn/Merged Spawn isn't really Spawn because Spawn + MOM is two beings not one and according to the comic panel MOM was the dominate psyche/ one in control. In my opinion MOM power is universal.

It common practice here on the vine to judge capabilities through on panel feats rather then words spoken by characters due to overly used hyperbole in comics. On panel/ Consistency points strange to be the victor.

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrtrevorguy

Classic strange stomps

Avatar image for allhailskeletor
AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God spawn blinks him from existence

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

God spawn blinks him from existence

This.

Divine Spawn also more than matches a Prep Strange. Could go either way.

God Spawn >>>>>>>>>>> Prep Classic Strange

Divine Spawn = Prep Classic Strange

Divine Spawn > No Prep Classic Strange.

That simple.

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor strange is weak to chaos magic and also soul/spirit manipulation which spawn has both,also since doctor strange performs the MAJORITY of his magic by spoken invocations and hand signals if you bind his mouth and hands, he will become completely incapacitated,which has happened multiple times already, and spawn would have no trouble accomplishing that with his chains and cape, so im gonna go with spawn on this one.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jasonhitto

Spawn stomp

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WastelandMan

Unless this is one of Spawn's more powerful incarnations Strange would win easily. Everything Spawn can do in his normal levels of power Strange has countered and deals with more powerful entities on a regularly.

@zyrathok1978 said:

Doctor strange is weak to chaos magic

No he isn't. And since when does Spawn use chaos magic?

and also soul/spirit manipulation

He's resisted soul manipulation on multiple occasions. In fact, Strange in his weakest incarnation was able to break free from an ancient entity that has corrupted powerful sorcerers trained to be incorruptible from corrupting his soul:

I have no idea what you're basing this claim off of.

also since doctor strange performs the MAJORITY of his magic by spoken invocations and hand signals if you bind his mouth and hands, he will become completely incapacitated which has happened multiple times already, and spawn would have no trouble accomplishing that with his chains and cape, so im gonna go with spawn on this one.

Dr. Strange can phase/go intangible without speaking spells or forming gestures:

He can also teleport without any of those things as well:

He's even teleported himself when his body isn't even conscious and his astral form is away:

No Caption Provided

Strange is too fast to even be caught in something like that to begin with.

@jasonhitto said:

Spawn stomp

How?

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zyrathok1978

@wastelandman: sorry bud,I was out of town for a couple of days and had very limited access to the internet, but now that im back we'll get back on topic and I'll answer your questions,first of all,what I am basic my claims off of is things that actually happened in doctor stranges comic books,now we'll start off with CHAOS MAGIC: doctor strange has admitted to doctor doom that he was weak to chaos magic and that's why he needed doom to help him defeat mephisto,now chaos magic is dark reality warping magic and dark demonic magic that stems from purely evil origin, so spawn has and does use chaos magic(by definition). Now we'll get into SOUL AND SPIRIT MANIPULATION: there are many applications to soul and spirit manipulation other than attempting to corrupt someone's soul,for example,mephisto attempted to extract doctor stranges soul while simultaneously attacking it with hellfire,which greatly weakened strange even though strange and doom managed to defeat mephisto,also Dracula used soul manipulation to such a degree that he had strange practically defeated until he was saved by morbius,which caused Dracula and morbius to fight until doctor strange finally defeated Dracula,also shaman used soul manipulation to prevent strange from being able to astral project as strange was going to confront sise neg before coming up with a solid plan which shaman prevented because he thought a lot of people would've been killed if strange confronted him at that time. Next we'll get into PHASING/BEING BOUND/TELEPORTATION:doctor strange has told reed Richards on multiple occasions that he creates what he calls "micro portals" which he can place in a wall,a floor,a ceiling etc,to be able to enter or exit a structure with no way in or out,he cannot manipulate his molecular structure to pass through solid objects like Martian manhunter,kitty pryde,etc, and he also uses hand gestures to create these portals,also he has admitted that he can redirect "energy" through himself without being harmed but cannot do the same for physical attacks. Now in the comics he was bound at least 3 times,once by iceman while preventing a possessed doctor strange from killing the X-Men, and thankfully Bobby got them out of there just in time,another time doctor stranges hands and mouth were bound was by a mind controlled moon knight while attempting to steal the eye of agamotto,but moon knight was stopped and defeated by the black knight and iron fist,another time was by nightmare who not only bound stranges mouth and hands,but stole the eye of agamotto and used time reverse magic to revert stranges hands into the crushed disabled hands that strange had directly after his accident,which not only caused strange severe pain,but also caused him great mental pain until hulk,captain America, and Hawkeye unbound him and calmed him down enough to reverse what nightmare did,retrieve the eye, and finally defeat him,so he definitely has been incapacitated by his hands and mouth being bound,now about doctor strange teleporting,yes he can teleport without spoken words and hand gestures you are definitely correct about that,but the time his spirit self teleported his physical self,that was something that required great concentration and energy,and also severely weakened him afterwards,so its not something he could do multiple times in a fight. Now about the speed thing which you mentioned last,spawn moves at hypersonic+ speed, and his suit can both teleport at lightspeed and block attacks that were executed at lightspeed, so I don't think tagging strange physically would be a problem, so with all that said,I really love doctor strange,I love the character,his powers,his story, and I really love the fact that he helps and saves a great deal of the marvel universe from major threats that they cannot handle on their own,but as much as I think about it,I see spawn being able to get at strange physically more successfully and effectively than anyone else has,I see spawn being able to exploit and prey on stranges weaknesses(especially his human factor) more successfully and effectively than anyone else has, and I see spawn taking the majority of what strange can dish out more successfully and effectively than anyone else has,so maybe not classic spawn with a limited necro counter?(unless he manages to get at strange physically) but most versions of spawn should win this fight IMO.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strange is more versatile.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: sorry bud,I was out of town for a couple of days and had very limited access to the internet, but now that im back we'll get back on topic and I'll answer your questions,first of all,what I am basic my claims off of is things that actually happened in doctor stranges comic books,now we'll start off with CHAOS MAGIC: doctor strange has admitted to doctor doom that he was weak to chaos magic and that's why he needed doom to help him defeat mephisto,now chaos magic is dark reality warping magic and dark demonic magic that stems from purely evil origin, so spawn has and does use chaos magic(by definition). Now we'll get into SOUL AND SPIRIT MANIPULATION: there are many applications to soul and spirit manipulation other than attempting to corrupt someone's soul,for example,mephisto attempted to extract doctor stranges soul while simultaneously attacking it with hellfire,which greatly weakened strange even though strange and doom managed to defeat mephisto,also Dracula used soul manipulation to such a degree that he had strange practically defeated until he was saved by morbius,which caused Dracula and morbius to fight until doctor strange finally defeated Dracula,also shaman used soul manipulation to prevent strange from being able to astral project as strange was going to confront sise neg before coming up with a solid plan which shaman prevented because he thought a lot of people would've been killed if strange confronted him at that time. Next we'll get into PHASING/BEING BOUND/TELEPORTATION:doctor strange has told reed Richards on multiple occasions that he creates what he calls "micro portals" which he can place in a wall,a floor,a ceiling etc,to be able to enter or exit a structure with no way in or out,he cannot manipulate his molecular structure to pass through solid objects like Martian manhunter,kitty pryde,etc, and he also uses hand gestures to create these portals,also he has admitted that he can redirect "energy" through himself without being harmed but cannot do the same for physical attacks. Now in the comics he was bound at least 3 times,once by iceman while preventing a possessed doctor strange from killing the X-Men, and thankfully Bobby got them out of there just in time,another time doctor stranges hands and mouth were bound was by a mind controlled moon knight while attempting to steal the eye of agamotto,but moon knight was stopped and defeated by the black knight and iron fist,another time was by nightmare who not only bound stranges mouth and hands,but stole the eye of agamotto and used time reverse magic to revert stranges hands into the crushed disabled hands that strange had directly after his accident,which not only caused strange severe pain,but also caused him great mental pain until hulk,captain America, and Hawkeye unbound him and calmed him down enough to reverse what nightmare did,retrieve the eye, and finally defeat him,so he definitely has been incapacitated by his hands and mouth being bound,now about doctor strange teleporting,yes he can teleport without spoken words and hand gestures you are definitely correct about that,but the time his spirit self teleported his physical self,that was something that required great concentration and energy,and also severely weakened him afterwards,so its not something he could do multiple times in a fight. Now about the speed thing which you mentioned last,spawn moves at hypersonic+ speed, and his suit can both teleport at lightspeed and block attacks that were executed at lightspeed, so I don't think tagging strange physically would be a problem, so with all that said,I really love doctor strange,I love the character,his powers,his story, and I really love the fact that he helps and saves a great deal of the marvel universe from major threats that they cannot handle on their own,but as much as I think about it,I see spawn being able to get at strange physically more successfully and effectively than anyone else has,I see spawn being able to exploit and prey on stranges weaknesses(especially his human factor) more successfully and effectively than anyone else has, and I see spawn taking the majority of what strange can dish out more successfully and effectively than anyone else has,so maybe not classic spawn with a limited necro counter?(unless he manages to get at strange physically) but most versions of spawn should win this fight IMO.

........Literally none of what you said about Strange is true and just made up out of thin air. Never once did Strange state he's weak to chaos magic. Mephisto, Dracula, and Shaman have never manipulated Strange's soul, Strange has never stated he phases using portals and needs to use hand signs (I've already shown Strange phasing without hand signs), and Strange has never been restrained by any of the people you stated. I'm honestly not sure if you're making stuff up and hoping I wouldn't know it (even though I've read the vast majority of stories Strange has been in) or are just terribly misinformed or just plain trolling. If you want to back up your claims then post scans or at the very least the issue numbers of the comics you claim these things happen but I can save you the time and tell you that you can't because again none of what you said ever happened.

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn after merging with Man of Miracles would destroy Classic Strange. Otherwise, Strange would destroy Spawn.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Strange.