#1 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle begins!!who would win in this battle of God-likes?

Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet #2

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30881 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has a lot more feats under his belt. I'm going with him.

#3 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer vs Manhattan would have been a better fight. Thanos tanks everything the good doctor has without a scratch and proceeds to pimp smack him into the next dimension. 

#4 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Dr Manhattan can control anything he can understand.in that in mind the only way to kill DM is to drain the energy from his physical body.thanos might be able to do this but i'm not sure.
#5 Posted by JediXMan (30881 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" @JediXMan: Dr Manhattan can control anything he can understand.in that in mind the only way to kill DM is to drain the energy from his physical body.thanos might be able to do this but i'm not sure. "
Anything? No. He cannot control time, reality, space, souls, or the mind. He is limited only to the physical; aka matter and energy.

Thanos has fought with people a lot stronger than Manhattan. I've used this analogy before, and it seems to fit:

Manhattan is a giant fish in a tiny pond. Anybody that attempts to attack him is carelessly tossed aside and eaten.
When this big fish enters the ocean, he ends up for sale at a fish market.

Manhattan is only "god-like" to humans.
#6 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

umm since no one has said anything about it. does thanos have the infinity gauntlet?

#7 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
"

umm since no one has said anything about it. does thanos have the infinity gauntlet?

"
There's a reason no one brought that up.
#8 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69: no he only has his own powers with him.
#9 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

then in the end i gotta give it to manhattan

#10 Posted by crabtree (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

i honestly can't pick a winner.

#11 Posted by lagoon_boy (10956 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#12 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@crabtree: why?everyone else seems to just give it to Thanos.why do you have doubts?
#13 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" @crabtree: why?everyone else seems to just give it to Thanos.why do you have doubts? "
Because the only person in Watchmen Manhattan of any note was Rorschach. It's a shining endorsement when you're going up against a guy who's smarter then everyone in that entire series.
#14 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres nothing bar a BFR Manhattan can do to Thanos while the Avatar of Death can do a lot of hurting to Manhattan.
#15 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos for the win.....they're basically  both cosmic level

#16 Posted by crabtree (1624 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433:  because i remember in watchmen him destroying everyone so easy.
#17 Posted by JediXMan (30881 posts) - - Show Bio
@crabtree said:
" @MarvelJackAss433:  because i remember in watchmen him destroying everyone so easy. "
Note: everyone in the Watchmen universe except Manhattan is human.
#18 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @crabtree said:
" @MarvelJackAss433:  because i remember in watchmen him destroying everyone so easy. "
Note: everyone in the Watchmen universe except Manhattan is human. "

With no super powers to speak of to boot. Manhattan's cosmic feats cap off at tank busting, oh well.
#19 Posted by BulletproofKen (57 posts) - - Show Bio

the good doctor takes this one. it would be an interesting fight though seeing how doc hasnt been seen really fighting hand-to-hand.
#20 Posted by Thorr128 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhattan. Without effort.

#21 Posted by _The_Ant_ (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan's best feats don't measure up to Thanos', at all.

#22 Edited by laflux (16770 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Manhattan's main gambit is BFR and Matter manipulation. Since Thanos can teleport under his own power, and also due to tech which is standard gear to him, BFR would be useless. Yes Thanos' vast strength is useless to Manhattan due to intangibility, but so is Manhattan's Matter manipulation (read Thanos quest). What swings it is Thanos' mind powers, which Manhattan hasn't shown any resistance to.

#23 Posted by Vengance101 (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: but his mind is not solid so he can't get mind attacked can he?

#24 Edited by laflux (16770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vengance101 said:

He has a consciousnesses which can be attacked so yes. Thanos can just attack astrally, as he did to Galactus (although he lost in that battle).

#25 Posted by XiiX (8698 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#26 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5119 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins this all day everyday

#27 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vengance101 said:

Well the mind doesnt have to be solid to be affect. That being said Thanos has killed beings like Rot, who was well death energy personified, had no solid form whatsoever, purely made of dark energy and was slowely eating away the universe. I do not think affecting him in a fight would be beyond Thanos, but then i am a huge Thanos fan :p

The instance in question is from Avengers Celestial Quest 08 and here are the scans