Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

It's been almost ten years since I read Drizzt's books so I don't really remember all of his feats. But the setting should give him the advantage. Since it's night time he can light up Legolas with his faerie fire and take it from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From what I remember Drizzt would win a vast majority. Legolas is good, but IIRC drizzt is better.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry this thread isn't getting more attention Floopay. This is one of the better fights I've seen in awhile. I was hoping someone with more knowledge on LTOR elves would come but here's what I got:

Round 1: Drizzt 8/10

For me this fight is decided by two things:

1.You took away Drizzt's globe but you didn't take away his faerie fire which is the biggest advantage he has in this fight. Drizzt has regularly used the tactic of engulfing archers and casters with faerie fire to distract them and it's going to be especially effective against Legolas who isn't used to the flashy, in your face, magic of the forgotten realms or even illusions in general.

2. 150 feet isn't very far. With the magic bracers enhancing Drizzt's speed he is going to cross that distance and be on Legolas real fast.

Right off the bat Legolas is going to knock an arrow to try and shoot Drizzt down. Drizzt is going to cast faerie fire on him and now Legolas is outlined with purple flames. Legolas is now very distracted and is going to try and put himself out. While he tries to do this Drizzt closes the distance and I believe Drizzt will win in close combat so that's the fight. Other times Legolas may try take the shot before putting the fire out but I think that suddenly being set on fire has got to mess with even his great aim and Drizzt can close again. Maybe sometimes he makes the shot but I think Drizzt takes the great majority.

Round 2: Drizzt 10/10

Legolas needs to surprise Drizzt. I do not have a wealth of knowledge on how great the natural ability of LOTR elves are. I know they're good, but this is a drow ranger hunting in a forest at night. I can't see Drizzt losing this.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love both characters but I have to say, Drizzt makes Legolas look like a sissy in green. He's by far the more skilled fighter and his equipment makes this a little one sided imo. Drizzt's going to get close fast thanks to the speed enhancing anklets and when he does it's all over for Legolas. LOTR elves are quick and deadly but Drizzt just has more and better combat feats than Legolas, at least IIRC since it's been a while since I read LOTR (I need to fix that lol).

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't watched any of the new Hobbit movies, but I hear Legolas is a beast from a few people, so I'll bump this to see what people think.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Drizzt, and solidly.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oddly enough, the 'globes' would probably not be an issue. (Legolas is just as good at 'blind fighting' as any Drow from Faerun.) But... Legolas is a sidekick.

Now I want Peter Jackson to make a Forgotten Realms movie.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VashtaNerada88
Loading Video...

@floopay: Fast enough to dance across falling debris to safety.

what kind of speed/reaction feats does Drizzt have? because the ONLY person to react to Legolas's arrow in all 6 movies was Gandalf, he tags everybody else, usually with headshots. (some easily more than 150 ft. away)

Reiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember the exact feats displaying Drizzt's movement speed, but I'm way too lazy to go scanning through all 28 books to search for them. I do remember it stating that they doubled the movement speed of whatever they were on, (wrists or legs in Drizzt's case) and that his hands moved so fast that putting the bracelets on his legs sort of equalized them.

I do know that Drizzt has reacted to arrows and crossbow bolts numerous times, usually dodging them altogether, or flaring out his cloak to catch them in it. Also, if this is current Drizzt, how is Mooshie's bow standard gear? He has Taulmaril now, and has been using it for decades.

And there's no way Legolas can get an easy kill on Drizzt, since his armor consists of an enchanted suit of mithral cainmail, made by Buster Bracer, that he augmented by wearing a spider silk shirt under his armor that could magically protect its wearer from all but the most lethal attacks. He took this shirt from a dead drow and even his most devastating attacks against the shirt only managed to scuff it without penetrating through.

And then, if this wasn't enough, Drizzt has the hunter, his trance-like personality that upps his aggression without making him lose control of his actions. No one has ever beaten Drizzt in this state.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashtanerada88: @reiku: Drizzt was able to move faster than any human even before he acquired his bracers of blinding strike, which on his legs doubled his movement speed.

Here are some reaction times:

Can toss 10 coins in the air simultaneously and catch them all before they touch the ground: It should be noted that this was before he had any training.

Reaction to a Quickling: Quicklings are extremely fast, this little bugger could run down a mountain side while doing laps around several trees along the way in mere seconds. So reacting to him is kind of a big deal.

Warrior Instincts: He's used this in the past to dodge spells, arrows, and other attacks. Drizzt's senses are all superhuman. They are said to be able to smell a human from over a mile away. He can track a single echo precisely through miles of interwinding tunnels, and in the day time can see in nearly perfect detail. At night, he has ultraviolet and infrared vision. In this instance, he dodges a bolt of lightning. Now "dodge" is a relative term here, if you read what it says, he is having a casual conversation with a wizard, and for no reason, and with no reason to suspect the attack, the wizard blasts a bolt of lightning Drizzt's direction, but Drizzt was already, instinctually, moving out of the way.

Even with his armor, Drizzt has been harmed by normal attacks on several occasions. Passage of Dawn, Legacy, The Thousand Orcs, and etc. all have instances of him being harmed. Plus the shirt is just that, a shirt. He has no head protection, or leg protection beyond his bracers.

I honestly don't know how good the movie version of Legolas is, just the book version. Hence why I created this thread. If you guys need any more feats lemme know. I only have feats from the comics and the first 10 books or so, but I can at least reference some of the others.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@floopay: Those are some impressive feats, especially the Quicklings. But I most contest Drizzt reaction to the magicians lightning attack was not totally unsuspecting; they were discussing the pros/cons of a warrior vs. mage. While it is impressive, considering the proximity between the two, he does IMO give him fair enough warning that he means to test his ability/agility. He does say, "let us learn" just before drawing his wand. I feel this is a lot more close of a match, although its been years sense ive read the LOTR books I don't recall Tolkien making the elves as superhuman as Peter Jackson had. But When the Fellowship was entering Lothlorien; Haldir says Gimili was breathing so loud that they could have shot him in the dark.(super human hearing) Legolas is also regarded as one of the most skilled of all the elves.

The speed required to run across falling debris is very superhuman

Legolas has also been in mid jump and had time to draw an arrow from his quiver & shoot it before touching the ground.

Legolas was able to see the orc pack that kidnapped Merry & Pippin across miles of landscape(super human sight)

As I said in my previous post, Legolas has only missed one shot throughout the entire series(the hobbit/LOTR) some of his more impressive ones are:

Shooting Grima Wormtongue while he was at the top of Isengard Tower while Legolas was at the bottom, on horseback. While not trying to hit Sarumon. (LOTR: the two towers)

Sniping Orcs in Moria on the collapsing staircase from afar (LOTR: the Fellowship)

Shooting Orcs and getting 2 for 1 kill shots, while standing one footed on a Dwarves head while floating down a white water rapid river.(Hobbit:DoS)

Bringing down a fell beast, in The return of the King novel IIRC

Does Drizzt have the years of experience that Legolas has?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Drizzt, and still with ease.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aftershafter

Loading Video...

@floopay: Fast enough to dance across falling debris to safety.

what kind of speed/reaction feats does Drizzt have? because the ONLY person to react to Legolas's arrow in all 6 movies was Gandalf, he tags everybody else, usually with headshots. (some easily more than 150 ft. away)

Drizzt actually danced across a landslide very early in his life. He is far, far better in later life than in his early.

Off the top of my head... Tossed ten coins in the air and caught them all. This was when he as a totally untrained child.

A battle worn Drizzt beat a marilith - one of the most powerful Tanar'ri in the Abyss - in a straight up sword fight. On top of being expert swordsmen, mariliths have six arms and, thus, six swords (picture attached).

He defeated a vastly speed enhanced house Baenre weapon master, an elite of the elite swordsman with hundreds of years experience and training. The swordsman also had bracers which made his arms so fast they were blurs to an un-enhanced observer.

Drizzt routinely runs up the limbs and bodies of giantkin and dragon opponents, fights things with multiple coordinated limbs, battles centuries old blademasters with magical aid, battles demon and devilkin opponents who are not only warriors with centuries of experience but work in coordinated groups and have at will teleportation abilities, has battled the vastly enhanced avatars of gods on even footing...

Drizzt's battle feats are *far* more varied and far more impressive than Legolas's taken all in all. The only area Legolas wins in is pure archery, and then it's by a hair - a hair which Drizzt's bow, Taulmaril, more than makes up for.

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/245/d/f/demon_marilith_in_color_by_prodigyduck-d5daty2.jpg

Drizzt stomps. Hard. Legolas just doesn't have the screen time, so to speak, to have matched R.A. Salvatore's time to bring Drizzt to the level of ridiculous that he currently is.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Drizzt for the win.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a pity fantasy characters don't get more attention. A lot of them are awesome and interesting matchups for street levelers. Just finished reading the first Mistborn trilogy, and some of them would make for some awesome battles....

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 owie  Moderator

I would guess Drizzt. But movie Legolas was also absurdly agile and fast. Recall the fight running down the river toward Laketown from the Elf kingdom. That was crazy-town.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a pity fantasy characters don't get more attention. A lot of them are awesome and interesting matchups for street levelers. Just finished reading the first Mistborn trilogy, and some of them would make for some awesome battles....

I might get into that one after I finally finish the Night Angel trilogy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By lettsplay10
Voicesinmyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i have read they are comparable with the bow. But Drizzt has him seriously outclassed in close combat.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:
@aftershafter said:

I might get into that one after I finally finish the Night Angel trilogy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

By far the neatest "spellcasting" systems I've seen in any fantasy for a long, long time. People essentially metabolize metals to give them special powers from affecting other peoples' emotions to increasing their physical abilities to being able to "push" and "pull" on metals against their bodyweight. The end result are spellcasters who launch themselves into the air against pieces of metal, pushing and pulling themselves against them, and using hunks of metal as almost telekinetic weapons. Kind of like a bunch of nerfed magnetos, makes for some very neat fight scenes.

Author is pretty good. Not the best, but worth a read. A skilled mistborn would make a very neat opponent for Spiderman, methinks...

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i have read they are comparable with the bow. But Drizzt has him seriously outclassed in close combat.

Legolas by far outclasses Drizzt with the bow if we include movie feats. If Drizzt had the Heartseeker he might be able to compete in that aspect, but he doesn't. So Legolas is the clear winner in ranged combat here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie feats are allowed, so Legolas 10/10. So much mary sue