yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By yodagod
@JackAs said:
"This battle is horribly outmatched against Drizzt. Pred has superior strength, agility, reflexes etc etc and his armor can deflect machine gun bullets. Drizzt dies a horrible death ie. Drizzt's skull is placed as an ornament on the Predator. "

Drizzt has magically enhanced reflexes and far superior agility to a predator.  And as Andferne pointed out Drizzt fights far stronger foes than a predator, often many at a time.  You should check out the books.  They are really very good, and you will definitely change your vote if know the character.  If you've ever thought about getting in to science fiction at all, R.A. Salvatore is a great place to start.  There are some very cool Predator novels as well.  I particularly enjoyed Cold War. And Andferne, I'd say that by the time you factor in level adjustments and enhancements that Wulfgar is above peak human by a fair amount. 
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By JackAs
@Drizzt said:

" @JackAs: I take it you did not even read the rest of the posts in this thread. "

I think that's my line. OP never said anything about no armor, so the Pred is protected. And Pred's are naturally strong enough to pick up a frost giant with one hand. 

@Andferne said:

" @JackAs said:

" This battle is horribly outmatched against Drizzt. Pred has superior strength, agility, reflexes etc etc and his armor can deflect machine gun bullets. Drizzt dies a horrible death ie. Drizzt's skull is placed as an ornament on the Predator. "

Predator might have superior strength but that has never stopped Drizzt before. He has faced off against Dragons, Frost Giants, Hill Giants, and even a 'God' powered Orc who easily manhandled the Frost Giantess Gerti. Not to mention Wulfgar who would easily be peak human in strength if not more, and Athrogate who has increased strength due to a magical belt. So strength is not something he has to worry about. His speed and training far make up for that. "

The Red Dragon was killed because of magic, Drizzt didn't do anything. In fact, he was pretty scared when he first encounters him, deciding to use his dark lineage to manipulate the dragon into escaping. Frost Giants aren't that impressive when Drizzt carries magical braises that increases speed, which is the only reason he wins easily. Same with Hill Giants. And 'God' powered Orc only increased the Orc's strength enough that Drizzt could contend with, but no more that his strength could rip off Drizzt's shoulder from it's sockets. And Wulger doesn't stand a chance against a Pred, if that's what your implying. Especially against an elder. 

And also, just because Drizzt has speed and training on his side, doesn't do squat against a Pred, who not only has training, but speed and superior strength as well as experience as an Elder.
.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By .Spider-man.
@JackAs: Drizzt has a set of magical mithral chain armor. As well as a magical spider-silk shirt which practically makes him invulnerable to slashing attacks.
Drizzt armor > Elder Predators
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JackAs

@.Spider-man. said:

" @JackAs: Drizzt has a set of magical mithral chain armor. As well as a magical spider-silk shirt which practically makes him invulnerable to slashing attacks. Drizzt armor > Elder Predators "

Artemis didn't have weapons that could pierce or slash against invulnerable armor yet I can remember Drizzt was bleeding from exactly that. 

And are you implying that Drizzt's armor can outclass a Pred's armor, that can not only withstand the Alien's acid, but machine gun fire like paper balls?
.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By .Spider-man.
@yodagod said:
"I'd say that by the time you factor in level adjustments and enhancements that Wulfgar is above peak human by a fair amount.  "
I'd say he is beyond as his strength has always been mentioned as supernatural. More so if you count in his Berserker Rage. He was even capable of holding a magical portal open, keepingi t from closing and locking Drizzt & company in a hell dimension.

Not to mention he can do this
 Not to mention he can do this
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JackAs

He's peak human. Nothing impressive against even a young pred.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By .Spider-man.
@JackAs said:

"   @.Spider-man. said:

" @JackAs: Drizzt has a set of magical mithral chain armor. As well as a magical spider-silk shirt which practically makes him invulnerable to slashing attacks. Drizzt armor > Elder Predators "

Artemis didn't have weapons that could pierce or slash against invulnerable armor yet I can remember Drizzt was bleeding from exactly that.    And are you implying that Drizzt's armor can outclass a Pred's armor, that can not only withstand the Alien's acid, but machine gun fire like paper balls? "
This tells me that you don't know what you are talking about. Drizzt has NEVER faced Artemis while he had the spider-silk shirt.
As well as not reading the original post as the Predator has NONE of that stuff.
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JackAs

I have read the original post, and it didn't say anything about armor. In fact, the OP never specified it so I had to assume it. So am I to assume that the Pred arrives without his armor?

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By .Spider-man.

@JackAs said:

"And are you implying that Drizzt's armor can outclass a Pred's armor, that can not only withstand the Alien's acid, but machine gun fire like paper balls? "

@Ferro Vida said:
"The Elder arrives on Drizzt's world, only to have high-tech weapons to be shorted out. He still has his thermal visor, blades, and cloaking, but his long range and technologically weaponry is out of the question."
Bold 
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JackAs

His armor isn't high tech weaponry. It's not even a weapon. I didn't know the Predator Elder comes into Drizzt's world naked with only a visor, blades and cloaking.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By .Spider-man.
@JackAs: Did I mention anything about him not having the armor? I didn't even highlight armor. I highlighted the parts you mentioned for his gun fire and acid, none of which matter in this fight since he has neither.
As for which armor is better, yeah I would go with Drizzt's spider-silk shirt. Drizzt own heavily enchanted blades could not penetrate the shirt.
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JackAs

@.Spider-man. said:

" @JackAs: Did I mention anything about him not having the armor? I didn't even highlight armor. I highlighted the parts you mentioned forhis gun fire and acid, none of which matter in this fight since he has neither. As for which armor is better, yeah I would go with Drizzt's spider-silk shirt. Drizzt own heavily enchanted blades could not penetrate the shirt. "

It matters when I am trying to make an example where gunfire and acid didn't work on the Predator's armor. It is called a feat, which matters in a vs debate. And I have not implied he has gun or acid, which preds don't use.

And you must show me feats where Drizzt's armor can block swings from a Balor or something else equivalent, that shows Drizzt is invulnerable. Because otherwise, your opinions don't matter in a debate.
.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By .Spider-man.
@JackAs: Drizzt armor stands up to magical fireballs, lightning bolts, slashes from enchanted weapons sharp enough to cut other weapons. List goes on.

@JackAs said:
" And you must show me feats where Drizzt's armor can block swings from a Balor or something else equivalent, that shows Drizzt is invulnerable. Because otherwise, your opinions don't matter in a debate. "
Again this shows that you know nothing about Drizzt or his comic career. For starters he has not encountered his spider-silk shirt in the comics, and since the series was canceled you will never see it. Besides that fact, even in the books Drizzt has not faced off against a Balor since he obtained the shirt. He has however faced off against the Ghost King, who was an empowered Red Dragon turned into a Dracolich with the power of the Crystal Shard.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By yodagod
@JackAs:
Drozzt is very near to 20th level.  His armor is far superior to a predator's.  It was crafted by the finest craftsman in Faerun and is magically enhanced.  pred armor isn't that impressive.  Drzzt has infravision so he can see the predator even when cloaked.  He has fought many invisible enemies before so that isn't a problem.  And the simple fact is that his skill level is far superior.  And Wulfgar is more than peak human.  He has feats that would put him in the 4-5 ton range.  That is far above a predator, and he isn't nearly as strong as many of the opponents Drizzt has beaten.  Drizzt defeated Obould Manyarrows and Obould was strong enough to pick up and slam a 10 ton giantess.  Drizzt also has a genius level intellect according to Wizrds of the Coast's official stats for him.  Not to mention his inherent magical abilities, and his Ranger abilities.  Even an elder predator is far overmatched here.  As i stated earlier, 20th level in D&D is the beginning of godhood.  A predator is just a normal day at the office for Drizzt.  Not even a challenging day.  I don't even think the predator has much chance with all of it's tech.
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JackAs
@yodagod said:

" @JackAs: Drozzt is very near to 20th level.  His armor is far superior to a predator's.  It was crafted by the finest craftsman in Faerun and is magically enhanced.  pred armor isn't that impressive.  Drzzt has infravision so he can see the predator even when cloaked.  He has fought many invisible enemies before so that isn't a problem.  And the simple fact is that his skill level is far superior.  And Wulfgar is more than peak human.  He has feats that would put him in the 4-5 ton range.  That is far above a predator, and he isn't nearly as strong as many of the opponents Drizzt has beaten.  Drizzt defeated Obould Manyarrows and Obould was strong enough to pick up and slam a 10 ton giantess.  Drizzt also has a genius level intellect according to Wizrds of the Coast's official stats for him.  Not to mention his inherent magical abilities, and his Ranger abilities.  Even an elder predator is far overmatched here.  As i stated earlier, 20th level in D&D is the beginning of godhood.  A predator is just a normal day at the office for Drizzt.  Not even a challenging day.  I don't even think the predator has much chance with all of it's tech. "

See, now I know I don't have to take you seriously.
.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By .Spider-man.
@yodagod: Obould didn't even try at throwing Gerti back. He just simply back-handed her. lol Effortlessly at that.
As for D&D stated Drizzt. Keep in mind none of them were approved or created by Mr Salvatore himself. The only version which had any of his input was back in second addition. Where he was 20-24 or so in Fighter and a level 14-16 in Ranger.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By yodagod
@JackAs said:
Obviously you haven't read the books and know nothing about Drizzt or about Dungeons and Dragons or how the system for level advancement works, so noone need take anything you say seriously.  At least not in this topic. You should actually know something about the characters before you post.
@.Spider-man.:
The slap was first, then she charges him and he lifts her and slams her.  The giants then say that he shows the strength of a giant.  Salvatore is an author, who unlike many WotC authors, doesn't play much D&D.  Drizzt wasn't even created during a game as many of the characters in many of the books are.  He was an afterthought intended to be a sidekick for Wulfgar.  Usually the creative director will stat up some characters, then they and the author and some friends will sit down and play.  That's how we got great characters like Tanis Half-elven and Elminster.  Salvatore doesn't do that.  The official stats according to WotC before the Hunter's Blades trilogy had him at Str13 Dex21 Con14 Int17 Wis17 Cha12 and an 18th level character with 10 levels of fighter, 1 level of barbarian, and 7 levels of Ranger.  Six books later he is obviously even higher. 
.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By .Spider-man.
@yodagod: Actually there is an updated version than what you listed from the D&D miniatures cards. It was 3.5 and still done before the events of the last trilogy or two.
Fighter 10/Barbarian 1/Ranger 5 (Drow racial adjustment +2 levels)
Str-20. Dex-20, Con-15, Int-17, Wis-17, Cha-14
His equipment listed his elven chain giving him a +4 Str bonus. So taking that into account his strength would be a 16 without it.
Granted no 4th edition stats have been made for him. But there are some for Jarlaxle in 4th.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By yodagod
@.Spider-man.:
Nice.  I didn't know about the strength bonus.  That means he is significantly stronger than the predator as well.  The only advantage the predator had is now gone. this just became a stomp.  I wonder where the extra con and cha come from?  And as you pointed out, he would be higher now.   
p.s. 
I haven't reconciled myself with 4th edition yet.  Of course it took me a couple of years to warm up to the idea of 3rd.
.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By .Spider-man.
@yodagod: The increase to con and cha, IMO, is just putting it where it should of been in the first place. The general census in the D&D world is to allow for 1-2 levels per book in level adjustment. So he should easily be a level 11 Ranger or so by now. But I personally think he would of gained 1-2 more levels in Barbarian thanks to the Hunters Blade trilogy, then 1-2 in Fighter. Now with the Transitions trilogy of gained 1 more fighter and rest in Ranger. Putting him something like this.
Fighter 12/Barbarian 2/Ranger 8 (or close along those lines)

4th edition.. think of it as a video game mechanic on pen and paper. lol
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By yodagod
@.Spider-man.:
I agree with that, though I'd stick with 10 levels of fighter and go up to 10 levels of ranger.  As dedicated as he is to Gwaerun Windstrom and Meilikki I don't see him taking any levels but ranger with the possible exception of the extra barbarian level as you said during the Hunter's Blades. Going animal and murdering entire camps of orcs to a degree that makes them fear you more than their god should earn you something.  It could also be they're calculating him as a chosen of Meilikki without officially stating it.  That would also account for that.  16 would be awefully high strength for a Drow.  And they get a con negative too so that's also quite high.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Andferne
@yodagod: Actually the reason I put him up higher in Fighter over Ranger is because he does not hold to a faith per say. He agrees with Meilikki's views but he never 'worships' her. Besides carrying a crimshaw pendant of a Unicorn that Regis made him he rarely mentions the forest Goddess. Never paying lip service. In fact in D&D terms high level Rangers start to show more spell capabilities and besides his natural drow spells Drizzt never does anything Ranger like.

As for 16 being high Strength for a Drow, not really. Seeing as 10-11 would be your normal run of the mill people. 12-14 would be people spending time or semi talented. 15-16 are adapt and notable people in that level. 17-18 you are reaching natural human limit. 19-20 is pretty much full human potential. (Granted it varies depend on what edition of d&d you are using). The Drow from Barrison Del-Armgo were all naturally stronger, as they were thought to bred with giants regularly. Their weapon master was known to have incredible strength, stat was in 2nd edition 19-20 which was giant level back then.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

fix

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By m0ntyb0y

elder predator dominates and then kills emo drizzt

Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Tiamat

@Ferro Vida said:

The Elder arrives on Drizzt's world, only to have high-tech weapons to be shorted out. He still has his thermal visor, blades, and cloaking, but his long range and technologically weaponry is out of the question. Drizzt is armed with all of his gear, but the enchantments have been lifted from his blades for this battle He has arrived at the woods that Drizzt calls home and sets out to hunt the ultimate prey.

Without his superior tech weapons the Predator loses this fight.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Laurcus

I'm not gonna respond to 3 year old posts, but I did bother to read them. One thing I want to debunk is that Wolfgar is not in the 4-5 ton range. He fails to overpower a Glabrezu, which can lift exactly 7,360 pounds. To lift 4 tons Wulfgar would need at least a 42 strength, which isn't possible without going into epic levels, even with magical aid. You can have an 18 base strength at level 1. You get 5 stat increases by level 20, which brings you to a maximum unassisted strength of 23. A belt of giant strength +6 brings that up to 29, and a +5 tome of gainful exercise brings that up to 34. 23 Base, 6 enhancement, 5 inherent. I'm 99% sure that Wulfgar is not epic, and even if he was, he'd have to be higher level than any other epic NPC in the setting to get that much strength. I'm betting Wulfgar has about a 22 strength.

Anywho, this is about Drizzt. The fact is, Obould is an avatar of Gruumsh, which I just so happen to have stats for in Deities and Demigods. Drizzt fought pretty evenly against Obould, so just keep that in mind. I'm gonna go through the stats here and try to provide some context for what these mean.

1178 HP. A normal Human has 4 HP, a stab wound from a dagger does 1-4 damage, a greataxe does 1-12, a pistol does 1-8

AC 62. This is how hard it is to hit him, and represents his combined defenses from armor, magical energy shields and his ability to dodge and react to attacks while fighting. A normal Human has a 10 armor class. A normal Human with a full suit of armor and a heavy shield has a 20 AC. Someone with peak Human physical attributes and no armor has a 16 AC.

Melee attack bonus. +75/70/65/60. This represents his ability to connect with a meaningful strike. To attack in D&D you add 1-20, (determined with a dice roll of course) to your attack bonus. If the sum equals or exceeds the targets AC, you have hit them. So he can attack 4 times in one turn and easily hit ACs of around 70-80.

Damage. 43-50. I already explained what HP is, so no further explanation is needed.

An Avatar of Gruumsh can lift 14,720 pounds with a strength of 46. His stats are a lot more detailed than this, but these are most of the important stats for combat. These stats quite simply put Drizzt's official stats to shame. That being said, Drizzt's official stats are woefully out of date, as they're from more than 10 books ago. Drizzt fights pretty evenly with this crazy mofo, (he can only hurt him because he has a stupidly magical weapon at the time though) and because of that I really don't think a Predator is gonna be able to do much to him, especially without tech.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By alcoholbob
No Caption Provided

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83935/1927989-drizzt_super.jpg

Drizzt: HP 764, AC35

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Laurcus

@alcoholbob said:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83935/1927989-drizzt_super.jpg

Drizzt: HP 764, AC35

Problem with that is it's 4e, so it's not easy to compare to his previous 3e stats.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By alcoholbob

It's pretty easy I would say, he was CR16 and a Balor was CR20 back in 3E. Now a Balor is a 27 Elite and Drizzt is a 21 Solo, same as a 25 or 26 Elite. He's closed the gap considerably.