#1 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
Drizzt Vs Deathstroke
 Drizzt

Deathstroke

Fight takes place in a gladiatorial arena. Neither have prior knowledge of one another. Deathstroke had an unbreakable katana that he can use in the fight. Drizzt does not get the aid of Guen, his magical panther.
#2 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne: Equipment?
#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

What gear do they have? does Deathstroke just get the katana you mentioned in the post?

What kinda gear does Drizzt have if he has any?

#4 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is only armed with a Katana.

Drizzt just has his two scimitars, neither of their magic works to keep it fair. No other magical gear besides the bracers/anklets below.
He also has his bracers which enhance his speed, so that the two are closely matched in those terms.
(If things seem to be too one sided one way or another I'll edit in more gear for whoever is 'losing')

#5 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne: Hmm, that makes it pretty even. Deathstroke has no prior knowledge of Drizzt, so I think that also helps to even things out.

If Drizzt wears the anklets on his arms then I think he would be able to move his swords faster than Slade could easily counter. It wouldn't be an easy fight either way, but I would give a slight majority to Drizzt.
#6 Posted by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio

The Drow -2 to Constitution gets him killed lol. :)

This actually is closer than most people against Deathstroke. Can Drizzt do what he did against that Orcish legion, were he pretty much went berserk and started cutting orcs in half?  

Because the increased speed and strength are enough to give DS some problems. Not that it matters much though; I remeber that scan with Deathstroke jumping circles around Superman.

#7 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Drizzt wears the bracers on his ankles for a reason. He mentions that having them on his hands make them too fast, throwing off his perfect balance and decades of skill. While wearing them on his feet gives him the advantage to move into a spot in which to get a better strike faster. Obviously it is a little more complicated than that, but that is it in a nutshell. Why he prefers them on his feet.

#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving an 8/10 to stroke, I don't know how far Drizzt can go in battle with him plus with what i've seen from deathstroke it's pretty hard to make a case against him.

#9 Edited by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGuy: Even then in D&D terms he still had a 14 Con. xP
#10 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: He has prior knowledge of everyone he fights in DC, and he has none here. It might not make a huge difference, but it is definately noteworthy.
#11 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: Even in random encounters he spurts out skill like it's nothing.
#12 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" I don't know how far Drizzt can go in battle with him plus with what i've seen from deathstroke it's pretty hard to make a case against him. "
Some feats Drizzt has accomplished.
He can draw both of his scimitars in what appears to be the blink of an eye. 
Even at a young age he was able to defeat his father who was the best Weapons Master Menzoberranzan had for centuries. A people who thrived on fighting and were feared.
At that same young age he was able to develop of counter to a technique thoughts unbeatable.
Through his life he battled and defeated several other weapon maters who all have trained for centuries(700) to his mere decades(70).
He has fought against legions of Orcs and came out on top.
Battled against Dragons and even outsmarted them (in a land where they are as intelligent as Master Wizards)
Defeated super humanly strong giants and various other creatures. 
etc
#13 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Even in random encounters, I can't recall him fighting an enemy he didn't know about.
#14 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @geraldthesloth: Even in random encounters, I can't recall him fighting an enemy he didn't know about. "
Because he knows about everyone in the DCU for the most part.
#15 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: But he doesn't know anything about Drizzt. Do you see what I am saying?
#16 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @geraldthesloth: But he doesn't know anything about Drizzt. Do you see what I am saying? "
I catch your drift, but couldn't he simply analyze Drizzt compared to the people he's fought and compare them?
#17 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: He hasn't really fought anyone quite like Drizzt, though. Especially since Drizzt knows fighting styles that he has never seen before and is on a similar level to him intellectually.
#18 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"I catch your drift, but couldn't he simply analyze Drizzt compared to the people he's fought and compare them? "
How many dark elven, dual wielding Rangers has he encountered? Someone who could conjure up a globe of magical darkness to surround him in (which he is perfectly at home in fighting within). Or castign Faerie Fire to use as a distraction (glowing light that surrounds an area).
#19 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"I catch your drift, but couldn't he simply analyze Drizzt compared to the people he's fought and compare them? "
How many dark elven, dual wielding Rangers has he encountered? Someone who could conjure up a globe of magical darkness to surround him in (which he is perfectly at home in fighting within). Or castign Faerie Fire to use as a distraction (glowing light that surrounds an area). "
true enough but has Drizzt ever encountered an accomplished marital artists with skills he's never seen?

And would the globe or faerie fire be fair to the fight?
#20 Posted by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Sloth on this, the only advantages that Drizzt has are his strength and speed. Deathstroke has to face metahumans all the time, easily being comparable and superior to whatever giant-kin, and aberrations he's fought. More often than not,   Drizzt has his companions to aid him in battle. Not that I'm saying that Drizzt is out of his league though, I'm just saying that I know more about Deathstroke than Drizzt; I would like to see what people can tell me about him. 

#21 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: It's part of his racial heritage. All drow are capable of casting them.

Artemis would be the closest, who was recognized at the worlds greatest assassin. He and Drizzt fought each other a number of times and were mirrored images of one another. Drizzt has also encountered Danica who was a Monk, master at fighting with her fists (closest that world has to a martial artist). As well as battling against swordsman who used one-handed, two-handed, sword-shield, axes, polarms, etc etc.
#22 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

It's late so I'll have to get back into this later.

#23 Posted by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about Drizzt, but from what I've read on the vine, not only is he highly skilled due to his racial lineage (Drow) and training, but he's also augmented by magical abilities and equipment (OP only says he doesn't have Guen, so I assume he has his bracers, etc). He's also a master tactician. Drizzt often battles against orc legions, giants, and other monsters of the like. I'm interested in what other people have to say about him, though.

#24 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

i must also admit i don't know squat about Drizzt so allow me to use the profile i see here. it says the guy's a dark elf who unlike his kind is honest kind,and loyal. well, honesty and loyalty against the terminator? apart from super human strength how r Drizzt's h2h combat skills?

#25 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio

In a sword fight, I'm gonna have to go with Drizzt. In his universe only artimes entreri has come close to his precision and skill with a blade. 

The one thing DS has on his opponents is always prep time. Given prep and resources he could easily take out Drizzt. No prep in a sword fight on the other hand...

#26 Edited by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@grimlock said:

" i must also admit i don't know squat about Drizzt so allow me to use the profile i see here. it says the guy's a dark elf who unlike his kind is honest kind,and loyal. well, honesty and loyalty against the terminator? apart from super human strength how r Drizzt's h2h combat skills? "

He is honest and kind towards his freinds. He's a ruthless killer in combat though with absolutely no hesitation in killing his foes.

In the Drow underworld, as a male, your either born to be a warrior or a sourcer. Drizzt was trained as a young boy to be a ruthless warrior and as stated previously he was the best fighter his people had to offer.
#27 Posted by Lunacyde (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with Drizzt :)

#28 Posted by angryvigilante (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular Drizzt would win 8/10 and Drizzt as the hunter....well all I have to say if that was the case poor poor Slade.

#29 Posted by DaddyCool (697 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Drizzt has a pretty good shot vs Deathstroke. does he have access to any magic?

#30 Posted by Epic Battle Bard (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm, toughy, but I go with Drizzt.

For those who want to know more: As a child, roughly 7 years old, he was given the coin test, where his father flipped 10 coins into the air and told Drizzt to catch them and in a blurring flurry he caught all of the coins. His hands move faster than the naked eye can follow, in fact it is often said then when he draws his swords, people think they magically appeared in his hands because of his speed. The magic Anklets allows his legs to move just as fast as his arms now, so he's even faster. Elves naturally have superior senses and physical attributes, like dexterity, reflexes, agility, etc. Drizzt has been raised to fight since he was a child, humans raised like that are insane, now think of an elf with over 70 years under his belt. Thats a lot of experience. Drizzt has killed the Demon Errtuu twice, which is a crazy powerful demon. He has soloed a Giant as well as a basilisk. He has taken down a dragon and outsmarted em, which are the most intelligent creatures in their world. Drizzt has soloed many insane situations against huge odds. 

Drizzt also has "The Hunter" as an ace up his sleeve. This is his split personality, its a trance he enters where he becomes pure warrior and his instaincts take on a whole new level, they also take over him, where he can pretty much find openings in his enemies that are so minimal the enemy wouldn't even know it was an opening. He's unbeatable pretty much in this form. If he taps into the Hunter then he definitely wins.

Theres too much to say about Drizzt, but he is definitely the better swordfighter of the two. Also as a Drow he can drop Globes of Darkness and Faerie fire. Globe or darkness is a selected area of impenetrable darkness, he can drop it on a target or anywhere really. It is big enough to cover a dragon's head, so the area isn't small. He can easily drop it over himself or in front of him, because of his enhanced Drow senses, if eh dropped it over both of them mid-combat, he could easily continue fighting as equal feriousity. Faerie Fire does not hurt, but it outlines an enemy in pinkish-purple magical fire to show there location easier as well as a distraction. Becoming suddenly engulfed in  magic flames is enough to shock or panic anyone, even if for just a few seconds, which is more than enough time for Drizzt to kill, especially with his magical anklets. Also Drizzt is extremely agile, think of Prince Nuada in Hellboy 2, that is the closest example to Drizzt, only Drizzt is even more agile and deadly. Drizzt runs along walls, leaps and flips and rolls about all the time.

So again, I give this to Drizzt, DS is good and all, but if he has no prior knowledge, which is an area we have yet to see him shine, I don't see him taking this, whereas Drizzt has numerous accounts of taking on the unknown to him and coming out on top. Drizzt major assets is his resourcefulness as well as his adaptability and he knows when to play cards. He will not use Faerie Fire until it will best serve him, if he has his enemy on his heels, then he may pop to distract for just that instant so he can puncture their lung, Drizzt is very lethal. He also has two enchanted swords, Iceingdeath which drains fire and kills demons and Twinkle which increases the ability to block and parry and both are enchanted to be resilient and unbreakable as well as always be sharp.

That was my outcome and some more info on Drizzt for those who wanted it =)

#31 Posted by dominicwalli (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke wins,even thou he only gets a single katana,deathstroke wins,dritz can b as fast as flash with his hands,and that wont b enough,deathstroke practically sees in slow motion,and his speed and agility is quickly enough to dodge point blank shots by multiple assailants,unless ur trying to tell me that drizzt slashes faster than 800+m/s(cmon its imposible even for a mystical race from another universe with unprecedented speed),yea drizzts have 70+ yrs,slade also have TONS of experience under his belt,slade have wolverine-level healing factor,slade have the strenght OF 10 MAN,for those of u who thought that slade wilson was around peak human..no,he might not b as strong as superman or even as strong as lets say collosus,but hes quite strong,

i say give drizzt his magic and his kitty-kat,but give slade his standard equipment and hel beat dritz to a pulp.(im a baldur's gate ll player,and fan,also i played d&d online for quite a bit,im not saying drizzt isnt badass or strong,im just trying to say that deathstroke is more badass and is more stronger,fast enough,skilled enough,and if none of that matters,can heal from drizzts attack,can last longer,and his standard equipment is more impressive than drizzt's)ffs,slade is soo cool and badass that when marvel made their own deathstroke(and had to obviously make him better)they made marvel's coolest character.

#32 Posted by dondave (34442 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Floopay (8600 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: I'm going with Drizzt here. Deathstroke has had troubles with the likes of Batman in the past, and Oliver Queen as well. Drizzt trumps both these guys in strides in terms of speed and reflexes. He has far more experience, training, and tactically speaking can match Deathstroke. The only problem is, Deathstroke is going up against a style of fighting that doesn't exist in the real world, or DC comics. Whereas Drizzt is going up against a style he regularly destroys with ease.

Drizzt might not have his cat, but his bracers give him a level of speed that easily will outmatch Deathstroke's base levels. Lets not forget, this is the creator of the Ghost Step, and is arguably the greatest swordsman in fictional history.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#34 Edited by Wolverine08 (38684 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@dondave: I'm going with Drizzt here. Deathstroke has had troubles with the likes of Batman in the past, and Oliver Queen as well. Drizzt trumps both these guys in strides in terms of speed and reflexes. He has far more experience, training, and tactically speaking can match Deathstroke. The only problem is, Deathstroke is going up against a style of fighting that doesn't exist in the real world, or DC comics. Whereas Drizzt is going up against a style he regularly destroys with ease.

Drizzt might not have his cat, but his bracers give him a level of speed that easily will outmatch Deathstroke's base levels. Lets not forget, this is the creator of the Ghost Step, and is arguably the greatest swordsman in fictional history.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Slade's only ever had problems with Oliver twice. Once when he was facing a whole Justice League B team during Identity Crisis when Oliver stabbed him in his missing eye, and the other time, Oliver was prepped, had received new training, and Slade didn't even want to win the fight. He came back some issues later, and casually destroyed Oliver and Black Canary at the same time while toying with them. Literally ended the fight at will by blitzing both and sticking a knife in Canary's throat when he got a little serious. Not saying that Drizzt loses, but Slade has had troubles with Oliver under special circumstances.

#35 Posted by Floopay (8600 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: While a good point, Drizzt has been under similar circumstances against equally (if not better) trained opponents and come out on top, so I'm gonna stick with that point :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (38684 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Slade did come out on top though when he actually wanted to beat Oliver :D

#37 Edited by Floopay (8600 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Slade did come out on top though when he actually wanted to beat Oliver :D

Drizzt went 12 novels with only getting defeated by 2 people. His first defeat was when he was still training, and against possibly the greatest swordsman in fictional history, and the second time came after he was assaulted by a dozen or more opponents just prior to the fight. And they were prepped to fight him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay