Drizzt Vs Buffy

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for i_bomb_atomically
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cody1984 said:
" Drizzt should be able to win this fight everytime.  I'm not saying Buffy is a pushover but she's not used to fighting someone like Drizzt where Drizzt is used to fighting creatures that are as strong as buffy is or close to it.  So her strength isn't going to be factor here even if she surprises him at first which is her only real advantage.  As far as reflexes go I'd give it drizzt the same with speed agility I'd say they are close to equal and fighting ability would go to Drizzt.  Buffy is one tough woman but she's not going to beat drizzt.  "
Buffy fights people who are stronger than herself...and takes blows from people who would punch a hole in drizzt's face. Buffy has fought and beaten dracula and beings like dracula...demons who do nothing but fight and kill or go to war.
No Caption Provided

what feats do drizzt have over buffy in regards to buffy. And please no offense i have enough of he once beat an ogre who has no speakable feats or he out ran this guy who also have no feats to speak of. Buffy is faster than centuries old vampires who move like this

Shes fast enough and has enough reflexes to dodge bulles at close range. What feats does drizzt have? Buffy has the fighting experience and memories of every slayer dating back to 2700 BC.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By cody1984

Drizzt has low level superhuman speed thanks to enchanted bracers so buff is not going to outrun him.  The feat shown in the scan I'm not impressed with because Drizzt has done better in the novels.  As far as the whole buffy fights creatures who do nothing but kill and go to war all day Drizzt is drow and all they do is kill, go to war, and scheme all day Drizzt was born into that so vampires and demon slaying isn't all that considering Drizzt's background.  She dodges people shooting at here that is a huge difference than a character who can actually do bullet time.  Drizzt is the son of the greatest weaponmaster  menzoberranzan ever had and killed Dantrag Baenre who was the top fighter in the city who had bracers that made his moves pretty much bullet time fast yet Drizzt beat him and now has those bracers.  Like I said Buffy is tough but Drizzt should win every fight.      
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:
" Drizzt has low level superhuman speed thanks to enchanted bracers so buff is not going to outrun him.  The feat shown in the scan I'm not impressed with because Drizzt has done better in the novels.  As far as the whole buffy fights creatures who do nothing but kill and go to war all day Drizzt is drow and all they do is kill, go to war, and scheme all day Drizzt was born into that so vampires and demon slaying isn't all that considering Drizzt's background.  She dodges people shooting at here that is a huge difference than a character who can actually do bullet time.  Drizzt is the son of the greatest weaponmaster  menzoberranzan ever had and killed Dantrag Baenre who was the top fighter in the city who had bracers that made his moves pretty much bullet time fast yet Drizzt beat him and now has those bracers.  Like I said Buffy is tough but Drizzt should win every fight.       "

Buffy out ran a bus going top speed while injured...she also has outran a motorcycle...she is faster than angel and spike who can move like blurs...so yes she is. I mean unless you actually give me speed feeats of these bracers. Right...ok well what has he done in the novel....this is page 6 and no one has actually given a feat for him..they just go he beat an ogre...ok well how skilled was that ogre..how strong was it..fast..what are its feats...why should i be impressed by that? Now you're telling me hes a drow..who kills and goes to war and etc etc....again...buffy kills people like him nearly every day...why should i be impressed by this? THese vampires and demons are born..bread to fight..vampires by themselves have enough strength to well do this

And buffy is stronger.

Buffy has taken blows from people who can do this

has drizzt fought anyone like that...can he do that? thats what i want to know..all i keep hearing is hes a great warrior who's fought ogres and trolls and panthers..ok well what could those guys do that i should be impressed with since im not hearing any feats hes done himself.

Would you like to see reflex's as well?

When has he veer done bullet time...and i just showed you spike going all blur..angel could do the same..and so could any vamp their age...shes faster..every slayer is faster. How does drizzt have bulleti time..from what im hearing they dont even have bullets in his universe.

Again...how does any thing you just said put drizzt above buffy? Buffy has centuries of experience of fighting and use of weapons. She and angel both have beaten people who come from different dimensions where they are considered the greatest warrior there on worlds where every demon there is a fighter..or people who have ruled over entire worlds..people who have done no=thing but fight and kill for centuries. Not only that but they're stronger, more durable, and usually pretty fast. I haven't heard a single thing in why drizzt wins this fight...at all. It's all been he kileld an ogre..he has bracer's..he's good with a sword. Buffy is great with swords, axes and just about every other weapon there is judging from her very extensive collection that she practices with and has locked in her armory.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By cody1984
@i_bomb_atomically said:
" @cody1984 said:
" Drizzt has low level superhuman speed thanks to enchanted bracers so buff is not going to outrun him.  The feat shown in the scan I'm not impressed with because Drizzt has done better in the novels.  As far as the whole buffy fights creatures who do nothing but kill and go to war all day Drizzt is drow and all they do is kill, go to war, and scheme all day Drizzt was born into that so vampires and demon slaying isn't all that considering Drizzt's background.  She dodges people shooting at here that is a huge difference than a character who can actually do bullet time.  Drizzt is the son of the greatest weaponmaster  menzoberranzan ever had and killed Dantrag Baenre who was the top fighter in the city who had bracers that made his moves pretty much bullet time fast yet Drizzt beat him and now has those bracers.  Like I said Buffy is tough but Drizzt should win every fight.       "

Buffy out ran a bus going top speed while injured...she also has outran a motorcycle...she is faster than angel and spike who can move like blurs...so yes she is. I mean unless you actually give me speed feeats of these bracers. Right...ok well what has he done in the novel....this is page 6 and no one has actually given a feat for him..they just go he beat an ogre...ok well how skilled was that ogre..how strong was it..fast..what are its feats...why should i be impressed by that? Now you're telling me hes a drow..who kills and goes to war and etc etc....again...buffy kills people like him nearly every day...why should i be impressed by this? THese vampires and demons are born..bread to fight..vampires by themselves have enough strength to well do this

And buffy is stronger.

Buffy has taken blows from people who can do this

has drizzt fought anyone like that...can he do that? thats what i want to know..all i keep hearing is hes a great warrior who's fought ogres and trolls and panthers..ok well what could those guys do that i should be impressed with since im not hearing any feats hes done himself.

Would you like to see reflex's as well?

When has he veer done bullet time...and i just showed you spike going all blur..angel could do the same..and so could any vamp their age...shes faster..every slayer is faster. How does drizzt have bulleti time..from what im hearing they dont even have bullets in his universe.

Again...how does any thing you just said put drizzt above buffy? Buffy has centuries of experience of fighting and use of weapons. She and angel both have beaten people who come from different dimensions where they are considered the greatest warrior there on worlds where every demon there is a fighter..or people who have ruled over entire worlds..people who have done no=thing but fight and kill for centuries. Not only that but they're stronger, more durable, and usually pretty fast. I haven't heard a single thing in why drizzt wins this fight...at all. It's all been he kileld an ogre..he has bracer's..he's good with a sword. Buffy is great with swords, axes and just about every other weapon there is judging from her very extensive collection that she practices with and has locked in her armory.
"

The reason why I brought the drow point up is because they regularly enslave and kill undead including vampires, make deals with and enslave demons, and are born into nothing but strategic warfare where the weak don't make it past childhood, unless you can compete with centuries old drow you tend not to live long past puberty.  That's why the whole vampire and demon warfare comment is really irrelvant because the drow are just like demons and in some ways much worse.  There whole society is literally survival of the fittest.   

To answer your question about drizzt fighting people who were way stronger the buffy the answer is yes he defeated a balor which is pretty much a demonlord not once but twice and he could've easily gone toe to toe in a fist fight with glory. 

As far as reflexes go I've seen them and again I would give it to Drizzt.  He dodges lightning fire out him point blank range by mages and when he fought dantrag his movements where bullet time yet drizzt was able to beat him so again I would give reflexes to Drizzt.  

As far as fighting skill goes Drizzt his killed drow who were centuries old and did nothing but kill, practise, and scheme all day long and his father was the greatest weaponmaster in the city so Drizzt is above buffy in skill. 

The reason why you think Drizzt would lose I would take a guess and say you haven't read his novels perhaps?    

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By EpitomeofCool

pretty sure Andferne and cody1984 are the same person........

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By cody1984

@EpitomeofCool said:

"pretty sure Andferne and cody1984 are the same person........ "

I don't know why you think that but you can go ask a moderator that question and if they can look at  IP addresses they'll know were not the same person.     

Umbrella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Umbrella
@EpitomeofCool said:

" pretty sure Andferne and cody1984 are the same person........ "

Nope.
Heck we don't even structure our sentences the same.

I can give you a list of my 50 some odd accounts if you wish to keep tabs on me. ;)
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984: 

Ok well what are the feats of the demons the drow face..what are the feats of the demons the drow make deals with and fight. Are they as fast strong durable as the ones buffy face? I mean everything you just described about the drow sounds like demons from pylea..angel was there less than 10 minutes and was considered a great warrior...and this guy has lost every single fight he has ever been in against buffy..and that includes when he's angelus. The whole vampire and demon thing is not irrelevant because these vampires and demons actually have feats. What have these demons and vampires that drow have faced accomplished?

What makes you say this demon lord can go toe to toe with glory..when she has complete invulnerability against anything other than magic and weapons of gods? What are his strength feats..what are his speed feats..what are his durability feats? How long has he been fighting? How did drizzt beat this demon lord? Did he have help? Again i haven't heard anything that says any of these people are worth while. What feats do the people who drizt have other than they were great fighters...buffy has killed idk how many great fighters.

I already posted buffy dodging lighting from willow from point blank range..unless that was deleted by a mod for "spam" *rolls eyes* Again you say bullet time when bullets dont even exist in this world. Buffy dodges bullets...faith while drugged could dodge bullets. Angelus who stood right in front of wes and taunted him to shoot at him not only dodged the bullets but walked up to him before Wesley could get his last shot off took his gun and then tossed him out of a window. And i repeat buffy is faster than he is.

You keep saying all above buffys skill...buffy has fighting skills and martial arts skilled granted to her magically through a shadow  demon....all slayers automatically know how to fight just by being called..they have watchers hone those skills...buffy has the fighting experience and martial arts skills dating back all the way to 2700 BC....so again..how are any of these people more skilled?

No i haven't read his novels which is exactly why i keep asking for feats instead of people saying he beat this one dude who i know nothing about....and then don't give me feats of the dude hes beaten or why it's impressive.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By EpitomeofCool

this is hilarious so much for your general concenus now, considering its all YOU lmfao......you bumping your own theads/debating with a bunch of your fake accounts just so drizzit can win...thats sad/pathetic......

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@EpitomeofCool said:
" this is hilarious so much for your general concenus now, considering its all YOU lmfao......you bumping your own theads/debating with a bunch of your fake accounts just so drizzit can win...thats sad/pathetic...... "
They are not the same person. Lets try to focus more on the debate and less on you leveling false accusations. Thanks.
Umbrella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Umbrella
@EpitomeofCool said:
" this is hilarious so much for your general concenus now, considering its all YOU lmfao......you bumping your own theads/debating with a bunch of your fake accounts just so drizzit can win...thats sad/pathetic...... "
This shows you don't know what you're talking about. But good job at attempting to derail the thread once more. ;)
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By EpitomeofCool

its not a false accusation since she/he just admitted it.....and its not derrailed your thread....you did that yourself..thanks =)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@EpitomeofCool: Check your pms please :)
Umbrella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Umbrella
@Gambler: Thank you. =)
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By EpitomeofCool
Thanks for the quest complete :)
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Anytime ;)

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cody1984

@i_bomb_atomically:

At this point you really need to read the novels if you want to debate this because it would take about 10 pages of me describing what drizzt does in the novels for you to get a halfway good sense of what buffy would be up against.  I've given you some cliff notes but since that is not enough for you the only thing I can tell you at this point is to actually read the books because I'm not going to type out ten pages for this fight since I was asked to comment on it by  Alurvelve and wouldn't have done so otherwise.     

i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:
"

@i_bomb_atomically:

At this point you really need to read the novels if you want to debate this because it would take about 10 pages of me describing what drizzt does in the novels for you to get a halfway good sense of what buffy would be up against.  I've given you some cliff notes but since that is not enough for you the only thing I can tell you at this point is to actually read the books because I'm not going to type out ten pages for this fight since I was asked to comment on it by  Alurvelve and wouldn't have done so otherwise.     

"
actually no it would take 5 minutes to explain his best feats and why i should care. All i keep hearing is he beat someone who could slaughter glory and people who could beat buffy....how.what could they do that would make anyone say that? Hes faster than buffy how? Hes more skilled than her how? It's already been stated she has fighting experience dating back to 2700 BC..and fights beings who are born and bread to fight...how is his reflexes better, how is etc etc etc. Im not asking for a lot..just an idea what hes capable of and why it makes people go..oh well thats way more than what buffy can do or handle. Im not asking for ten pages...what i asked for is simple...why is a demon lord worst than glory..why do you think he has better reflexes..why do you think hes faster..compare the best he's fought to the best buffys fought..its not that hard.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By cody1984
@i_bomb_atomically said:
"@cody1984 said:
"

@i_bomb_atomically:

"
actually no it would take 5 minutes to explain his best feats and why i should care. All i keep hearing is he beat someone who could slaughter glory and people who could beat buffy....how.what could they do that would make anyone say that? Hes faster than buffy how? Hes more skilled than her how? It's already been stated she has fighting experience dating back to 2700 BC..and fights beings who are born and bread to fight...how is his reflexes better, how is etc etc etc. Im not asking for a lot..just an idea what hes capable of and why it makes people go..oh well thats way more than what buffy can do or handle. Im not asking for ten pages...what i asked for is simple...why is a demon lord worst than glory..why do you think he has better reflexes..why do you think hes faster..compare the best he's fought to the best buffys fought..its not that hard. "

Actually no it would take about 10 pages to do Drizzt justice which I'm not going to do.  Like I said before cliffnotes don't seem to satisfy you and I'm not even a Drizzt fan (Artemis Entreri is the only reason I read his books) so if you want more depth than you have to actually read the books. 
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:
" @i_bomb_atomically said:
"@cody1984 said:
"

@i_bomb_atomically:

"
actually no it would take 5 minutes to explain his best feats and why i should care. All i keep hearing is he beat someone who could slaughter glory and people who could beat buffy....how.what could they do that would make anyone say that? Hes faster than buffy how? Hes more skilled than her how? It's already been stated she has fighting experience dating back to 2700 BC..and fights beings who are born and bread to fight...how is his reflexes better, how is etc etc etc. Im not asking for a lot..just an idea what hes capable of and why it makes people go..oh well thats way more than what buffy can do or handle. Im not asking for ten pages...what i asked for is simple...why is a demon lord worst than glory..why do you think he has better reflexes..why do you think hes faster..compare the best he's fought to the best buffys fought..its not that hard. "
Actually no it would take about 10 pages to do Drizzt justice which I'm not going to do.  Like I said before cliffnotes don't seem to satisfy you and I'm not even a Drizzt fan (Artemis Entreri is the only reason I read his books) so if you want more depth than you have to actually read the books.  "
lol how is posting feats of drizzts so hard to do? like i said you dont have to post them all..just his best..or ones you think are better than buffy's...whatever i dont even care anymore..later
Irq16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Irq16

Buffy wins. 

Yes it could be close it odds were in Drizzt favor more, but here are a few thing to think about and compare.

Start off with the whole Buffy has killed Gods. 

Without going into crazy detail Buffy's weapon would be Superior or equal to that of Excalibur. Put the armour on Drizzt Scythe goes through it. She pulled it from a stone, and created an army, it's at least in some DnD terms +5 artifact level weapon with Many sentient slayers in it, active and passive abilities in it given to Buffy (Buffed up as soon as she got it).  In many situations she uses this as a two weapon mode in dnd or a weapon capable of performing both actions (When she scores a hit depending in how it landed she many get to use BOTH hand there by in dnd rules (more STR bonues ouch), potentially staggering Drizzt in on hit, and always siding on the advantages for the slayer especially once she was atune to the weapon.   This would be comparable to   Catti-Brie learning her new weapon, once she did even she was able to challenge Drizzt (score a hit, comparatively one hit from the Scythe Drizzt is stunned,staggered aka over half hp lost one hit.  Mention the word feats (Buffy has them all from previous slayers or nearly all fighting and knowledge ones.)

The unavoidable ending is Buffy wins because she and her far superior abilities (endurance) can anticipate his fighting style, Has an 
artifact  with huge bonuses, and Drizzt would hesitate and not be able to adapt as quickly as Buffy does in this fight  (its just a young girl I cant kill, she cant be faster.....).  He would think along these lines because of his Ranger ethics (Falling for the trick of the many armed tanar'ri believing it was his father).

Pro Drizzt folks are failing to really consider how powerful her weapon is and all her ability scores would exceed Drizzt.  Many of his bonuses come from his party or a similar formed one allowing him to use his abilities with cover (Melee, Range).

Buffy is alone.  She wins.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By cody1984
Irq16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Irq16

So then are all Drizzt equipment by your manner, this makes Buffy even further ahead of him.

i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:
"

@Irq16:

The whole +5 artifact DnD argument is essentially nonsense I could spend a lot of time going over why it is irrelevant however I've already done so and will provide you with a link instead where I show how useless that argument is.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/drizzt-and-artemis-vs-wolverine-and-captain-america/523610/?page=4     "
you saying someones argument is non sense is nothing less than hilarious....i asked you 5 times to give any feat worth so ever of drizts thats even close to buffys and you couldn't provide 1. I doubt you could give a single reason why his argument is irrelevant when you couldn't even come up with a proper feat for drizzt or why any of his accomplishments over shadows buffy's or buffy's enemies.

Here's an argument everyone can understand instead of this 65+ sage mode roll the dice twice non sense people seem to be hung up on

Buffy is faster stronger and more durable than the drizz...she is the better fighter...she has more experience..and buffys scythe was made to kill not just old one demons..giant demons who are considered world destroyers..but gods....and no not glory depowered gods...but full powered, universe entity's...

An the next time you want someone to actually care about what you said in another thread...make sure it doesn't consist of you saying...hey....the canon material is wrong....and theories and assumptions  i have come up with is what you should listen to (hubris plain and simple). Funny how you spent more time talking about +6 swords of fire in 1 thread yet you couldn't provide a reason why any of that is relevant in this one...any actual feat that put drizz above summers....

By the way buffy wins for all the reason stated above.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By cody1984

What I stated is you have to compare the power of the weapons in the novels to the power of buffy's weapons in the comics.  The Scythe is powerful yet will it destroy Drizzt's weapons though?  No it wouldn't now would it get through his armor?  It might possibly.

i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:

" What I stated is you have to compare the power of the weapons in the novels to the power of buffy's weapons in the comics.  The Scythe is powerful yet will it destroy Drizzt's weapons though?  No it wouldn't now would it get through his armor?  It might possibly. "

you didnt state anything close to that...at least not what i read or can remember reading. Buffys scythe was made to kill demons who are considered "world breakers".....and a god who was the living embodiment of a universe..that turned buffy and angel into gods who could create their own universe....but it's not going to destroy drizzs weapons? Why because his sword has a plus 69 dice roll? How about you actually give a reason why her scythe wont destroy his weapons....not that it even needs to. Funny everything i found on the sword (no thanks to you) says its made of silver and all it does is protect whats his face from fire..and all the other one does is glow..and is sharper than most swords......this = will not break how? Again not that any of this matters because im sure buffy will be swinging for the drizzs head...not his glow in the dark sword
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By cody1984

@i_bomb_atomically said:

"@cody1984 said:
"

@Irq16:

The whole +5 artifact DnD argument is essentially nonsense I could spend a lot of time going over why it is irrelevant however I've already done so and will provide you with a link instead where I show how useless that argument is.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/drizzt-and-artemis-vs-wolverine-and-captain-america/523610/?page=4     "
you saying someones argument is non sense is nothing less than hilarious....i asked you 5 times to give any feat worth so ever of drizts thats even close to buffys and you couldn't provide 1. I doubt you could give a single reason why his argument is irrelevant when you couldn't even come up with a proper feat for drizzt or why any of his accomplishments over shadows buffy's or buffy's enemies.Here's an argument everyone can understand instead of this 65+ sage mode roll the dice twice non sense people seem to be hung up onBuffy is faster stronger and more durable than the drizz...she is the better fighter...she has more experience..and buffys scythe was made to kill not just old one demons..giant demons who are considered world destroyers..but gods....and no not glory depowered gods...but full powered, universe entity's...An the next time you want someone to actually care about what you said in another thread...make sure it doesn't consist of you saying...hey....the canon material is wrong....and theories and assumptions  i have come up with is what you should listen to (hubris to plain and simple). Funny how you spent more time talking about +6 swords of fire in 1 thread yet you couldn't provide a reason why any of that is relevant in this one...any actual feat that put drizz above summers....By the way buffy wins for all the reason stated above. "

First you never read the books like the person I was debating with did and the others who were involved in that conversation did as well which is a very huge difference.  Essentially I'm arguing with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and asking me to describe feats from several novels and compare them to buffy and do so in a cliff note version.  The cliff note version didn't satisfy you either with you saying it was to vague the only thing left to tell you is to actually read the books. 

I brutally explained why the stats were wrong for the characters and went through great detail as to why that was done on purpose.  If you want to debate who would win without knowing anything about who buffy is facing and being to lazy to read the books which is the only way your going to get a proper idea of what this fight would be like that is your fault not mine.   

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cody1984
@i_bomb_atomically said:
"@cody1984 said:

" What I stated is you have to compare the power of the weapons in the novels to the power of buffy's weapons in the comics.  The Scythe is powerful yet will it destroy Drizzt's weapons though?  No it wouldn't now would it get through his armor?  It might possibly. "

you didnt state anything close to that...at least not what i read or can remember reading. Buffys scythe was made to kill demons who are considered "world breakers".....and a god who was the living embodiment of a universe..that turned buffy and angel into gods who could create their own universe....but it's not going to destroy drizzs weapons? Why because his sword has a plus 69 dice roll? How about you actually give a reason why her scythe wont destroy his weapons....not that it even needs to. Funny everything i found on the sword (no thanks to you) says its made of silver and all it does is protect whats his face from fire..and all the other one does is glow..and is sharper than most swords......this = will not break how? Again not that any of this matters because im sure buffy will be swinging for the drizzs head...not his glow in the dark sword "

I can tell you don't remember much of what you read from your posts.  Drizzt weapons can kill beings who are "world breakers" so this argument is getting dumb although you would know this if you bothered to read the books.  It's not going to destroy his weapons because he's used his swords in combat against cutter which can literally cut throw anything and the guy who was wielding them was doing so at superspeed.  Of course you would know that if you ever actually read the books.  I am glad that you got off your ass and actually did a little research of your own.   
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:
"

@i_bomb_atomically said:

"@cody1984 said:

"

@Irq16:

you saying someones argument is non sense is nothing less than hilarious....i asked you 5 times to give any feat worth so ever of drizts thats even close to buffys and you couldn't provide 1. I doubt you could give a single reason why his argument is irrelevant when you couldn't even come up with a proper feat for drizzt or why any of his accomplishments over shadows buffy's or buffy's enemies.Here's an argument everyone can understand instead of this 65+ sage mode roll the dice twice non sense people seem to be hung up onBuffy is faster stronger and more durable than the drizz...she is the better fighter...she has more experience..and buffys scythe was made to kill not just old one demons..giant demons who are considered world destroyers..but gods....and no not glory depowered gods...but full powered, universe entity's...An the next time you want someone to actually care about what you said in another thread...make sure it doesn't consist of you saying...hey....the canon material is wrong....and theories and assumptions  i have come up with is what you should listen to (hubris to plain and simple). Funny how you spent more time talking about +6 swords of fire in 1 thread yet you couldn't provide a reason why any of that is relevant in this one...any actual feat that put drizz above summers....By the way buffy wins for all the reason stated above. "

First you never read the books like the person I was debating with did and the others who were involved in that conversation did as well which is a very huge difference.  Essentially I'm arguing with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and asking me to describe feats from several novels and compare them to buffy and do so in a cliff note version.  The cliff note version didn't satisfy you either with you saying it was to vague the only thing left to tell you is to actually read the books. 

I brutally explained why the stats were wrong for the characters and went through great detail as to why that was done on purpose.  If you want to debate who would win without knowing anything about who buffy is facing and being to lazy to read the books which is the only way your going to get a proper idea of what this fight would be like that is your fault not mine.   

"

...im gonna find it increasingly difficult to have a conversation with you from the attitude your presenting..so ill probably wont be replying much...

I asked you to do a simple ting...name 1.....ONE single feat that puts any of drizts enemies above glory like you claimed.......I asked you to give some feats that put drizt above buffy in speed, fighting ability...etc etc,,,,,,,,,There is no need for me to read the books...i didnt ask for a back story...i didnt ask what page did drizzt tell the elf queen he lovd her....i didnt ask why drizzt loves the elf queen...i asked for fetas....this is not hard....this is not rocket surgery...this DOES NOT REQUIRE ME TO READ THE BOOKS. So how about your drop the elitist attitude...k thanks. Im not going to go and read 20 D&D books so i can search for feats that you can simply just write down in 5 minutes. Your cliff notes...lol your cliff notes...oh you mean when you went oh drizzt beat someone who was above glory...and i went.....who and how was this person above glory...and then you went.....he just is....im not going to explain how....he just is...im not going to support my claims.....he just is...read the book..and search for this person whos name i didnt give. WOW what wonderful cliff notes...thank you so kindly

You wrote a brutally long post about something that has no bearing on anything. And from what i gather i shouldn't give a single care about it....i mean when someone starts a post with....the canon material is wrong....im right...and here are a bunch of theories i have...well..i tend to ignore stuff lke that. I mean i would have ignored it anyway because drizzt a fire protection sword...and his glow and the dark sword made of silver is supposed to impress me over a weapon that kills gods? No sir...this is 100% your fault. I shouldn't have to go read 300 pages of something i dont care about when all you have to do is take 5 minutes to give a list of feats to back of your ridiculous claims.    
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:

"@cody1984 said:

you didnt state anything close to that...at least not what i read or can remember reading. Buffys scythe was made to kill demons who are considered "world breakers".....and a god who was the living embodiment of a universe..that turned buffy and angel into gods who could create their own universe....but it's not going to destroy drizzs weapons? Why because his sword has a plus 69 dice roll? How about you actually give a reason why her scythe wont destroy his weapons....not that it even needs to. Funny everything i found on the sword (no thanks to you) says its made of silver and all it does is protect whats his face from fire..and all the other one does is glow..and is sharper than most swords......this = will not break how? Again not that any of this matters because im sure buffy will be swinging for the drizzs head...not his glow in the dark sword "
I can tell you don't remember much of what you read from your posts.  Drizzt weapons can kill beings who are "world breakers" so this argument is getting dumb although you would know this if you bothered to read the books.  It's not going to destroy his weapons because he's used his swords in combat against cutter which can literally cut throw anything and the guy who was wielding them was doing so at superspeed.  Of course you would know that if you ever actually read the books.  I am glad that you got off your ass and actually did a little research of your own.    "
That or you know....you just didn't do what you claimed you did....kind of like how you couldn't back of your statements regarding the people drizzt has fought......thats seems to be the pattern with you. lulz like this one.....what world breaker....who......this is my 5th time asking WHO THIS PERSON IS....HOW WERE THEY A WORLD BREAKER....WHO IS THIS MYSTERY PERSON AND WHAT FEATS DO THEY HAVE TO SUPPORT YOU CLAIM. I asked this before..and you went...read the book because i cant be bothered to take 2 minutes to give a name or a small list of feats this person has done...bravo sir...bravo for bringing us into a complete circle. Like i said...i dont have a hard time remembering anything...you have a hard time supporting your claims. I dont know who cutter is and after a d&d search i have found next to nothing  concerning weapons of someone named cutter whos weapons could "cut through anything" Yes anything except silver apparently....brilliant. Super speed...oh noes..because buffy hasn't fought anyone with suer speed nor does she have it herself =/ Let me fill you in on something that should be so mind numbingly obvious to you....when you make a claim THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU TO BACK IT UP. This is debating 101.....it is not up to me and "get off my ass" to do research on your claims that you refuse to back up...the fact that i even have to explain his to you is reason enough to laugh at you and just leave this thread.

So far your argument is.....drizzt i the best..hes superior in every way....and has beaten people way tougher than what buffy has fought...but i wont explain how....i wont explain why..i wont even give the names of those people.....ii'll just keep making claims without backing any of them up...but just know....that it's your fault for not reading the novels that you dont care about....brilliant.

Buffy wins...i mean unless you have something other than an attitude to contribute? NO..oh okay buffy wins
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By cody1984

@i_bomb_atomically:

That's probably for the best since your posting deliberately trying to pick a fight. 

As far as the "one simple thing" goes since you never read any of the books which you need to do to actually be able to get an accurate idea of what this fight would be like and since I would have to write pages describing what Drizzt does in the novels to have you get some vague idea of what he is capable its best if you just read the books.  Otherwise its not possible to do this debate with you if you won't take cliffnotes of what drizzt is capable of.  This is a novel not a comic book where I can post a few scans and you know what the character is capable of right off the bat.  You fail to comprehend that fact so why you are still asking me for feats when I've made it painfully obvious that you need to read the novels to understand Drizzt's skill is? 

You not reading the books and asking for pages and upon pages of what novel character is capable of is laziness on your part.  I never read the dark tower series and if someone did a battle with one or more of those characters featured in it I would either A. Not comment on the battle since I'm unfamiliar with what the characters are capable of or B. would take what they said as true.  You have chosen C. don't know anything about the character and don't take what is said about teh character is true.  

I also wrote a very long brutal post describing how the D&D stats released for characters in novels are diliberately wrong.  Which is what I linked to  Irq16    since I went on about +5 artifact which has no meaning in the novels since the enchanted weapons vary and don't follow the D&D rules.  Which if you followed the topic you saw others agreeing with it and if you posted on a fan site dedicated to Drizzt, Artemis, Everis Cale, Drasken Riven, etc. they'll tell you the others of the books don't follow the rules that the books are loosely based on D&D and the authors have admitted as much and even the creator of the forgotten realms campaign Ed Greenwood does the same thing in his books.  Forgotten Realms is not marvel comics the novels and the stats released never match or come close for that matter.   

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By cody1984
@i_bomb_atomically said:
"@cody1984 said:

"@cody1984 said:

I can tell you don't remember much of what you read from your posts.  Drizzt weapons can kill beings who are "world breakers" so this argument is getting dumb although you would know this if you bothered to read the books.  It's not going to destroy his weapons because he's used his swords in combat against cutter which can literally cut throw anything and the guy who was wielding them was doing so at superspeed.  Of course you would know that if you ever actually read the books.  I am glad that you got off your ass and actually did a little research of your own.    "
That or you know....you just didn't do what you claimed you did....kind of like how you couldn't back of your statements regarding the people drizzt has fought......thats seems to be the pattern with you. lulz like this one.....what world breaker....who......this is my 5th time asking WHO THIS PERSON IS....HOW WERE THEY A WORLD BREAKER....WHO IS THIS MYSTERY PERSON AND WHAT FEATS DO THEY HAVE TO SUPPORT YOU CLAIM. I asked this before..and you went...read the book because i cant be bothered to take 2 minutes to give a name or a small list of feats this person has done...bravo sir...bravo for bringing us into a complete circle. Like i said...i dont have a hard time remembering anything...you have a hard time supporting your claims. I dont know who cutter is and after a d&d search i have found next to nothing  concerning weapons of someone named cutter whos weapons could "cut through anything" Yes anything except silver apparently....brilliant. Super speed...oh noes..because buffy hasn't fought anyone with suer speed nor does she have it herself =/ Let me fill you in on something that should be so mind numbingly obvious to you....when you make a claim THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU TO BACK IT UP. This is debating 101.....it is not up to me and "get off my ass" to do research on your claims that you refuse to back up...the fact that i even have to explain his to you is reason enough to laugh at you and just leave this thread.So far your argument is.....drizzt i the best..hes superior in every way....and has beaten people way tougher than what buffy has fought...but i wont explain how....i wont explain why..i wont even give the names of those people.....ii'll just keep making claims without backing any of them up...but just know....that it's your fault for not reading the novels that you dont care about....brilliant.Buffy wins...i mean unless you have something other than an attitude to contribute? NO..oh okay buffy wins "

You want to me to respond to you nicely and calmly which I have already done several times giving you an answer you don't like the answer that is your problem. Your wasting my time now because of laziness.  Yes laziness on your part since this isn't a comic where a post a few scans and you know how skilled drizzt is this is a novel.  If you don't know what cutter is do a little more research than better yet actually read the books! 
Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Tiamat
@i_bomb_atomically said:
"I dont know who cutter is and after a d&d search i have found next to nothing  concerning weapons of someone named cutter whos weapons could "cut through anything" Yes anything except silver apparently....brilliant.  "
Cutter, also known as Khazid'hea is a magical Longsword crafted out of Adamantine (think of it as Marvel's adamantium). Weapons crafted from that metal alone were able to slice through any normal metals. But add on top the magical enchantment of sharpness to the blade and it was even more deadly. The sentience in the blade always tried to seek out the perfect warrior, so that it could taste the blood of more victims. To show an affinity to its wielder the blades hilt would change shape to depict something more a-keen to the wielders personality. For instance with Drizzt the blades hilt formed into that of a Unicorn. Before that with Dantrag I believe it was a dragons head. Throughout the series the blade is shown to always wanting to be in Drizzt's hands as it has known no equal to him in swordsmanship. Drizzt however gives the blade to Catti-brie (after some training and she proves herself), because he prefers using Scimitars over longswords. The blade later falls into the hands of another Drow and it constantly remarks how the other wielders are not on the same level as Drizzt.
The blade has easily cut through solid stone, even slash through other swords and weapons. When Drizzt was faced against the Orc King who was empowered by Gruumsh (The Orc God), he used Cutter to help even the odds against the Orc Kings invulnerable armor.

That's a short summary of the blade. Of which I can get extremely more detailed about.
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984: 
Yes you're right...im posting trying to pick a fight with you...it has nothing to o do with me asking you to back up the claims you made. No sir...it's best for you to leave this thread seeing as im the one who knows how o debate....and you're the other guy. You make a claim..you have to back it up...the burden of proof..is on you...not me....i shouldn't have to do any research on claims you refuse to back up...this is not picking a fight..this is stating a fact...kthanks.

.....you still cant do it...really...one simple thing i asked.....2 minutes it takes. I'm just going to a head and say YOU HAVE NOTHING ZERO NADDA to say that drizzt is above buffy and glory and that you were just blowing hot air....big surprise. I dont need to read a bunch of novels to get an idea of what drizzt is capable of...thats what you're for....you're making the claims.,....the burden of proof is on you. You want to say hes a better fighter...the burden of proof is on you to prove so...not me...YOU...it is your job to explain how this is so....it is not my job to go and find out for you....THIS IS DEBATING 101....you want to say hes fought tougher people than glory........the burden of proof is on you to list those people.  2 minutes.. I didn't ask for scans..i asked for things drizzt has done...and the people he has beat and the capabilities of these people....i didn't ask you for his life story...i didn't ask you for his enemies life story..i asked you for something so mind numbingly simple...something that is asked every single day on this forum...and your response to this is to keep repeating..read the novel....bloody brilliant. Again with the condescension and belittling when it's you who seems to have the comprehension problem? You make a claim...YOU....NOBODY ELSE...BUT YOU..have to back it up. I shouldn't have to read a series of novels to find the name of a guy whos on glorys level.....you wont even tell me the guys name XD But im supposed to magically go pick out which novel he'sin and know what person youre talking about...as opposed to you telling me who this person is..and what hes done for you to make the claim that you have. ...you're telling me about my comprehension levels...when you cant comprehend that i don't even know what to look for or which novel to read.....because you wont even open your mouth to tell me the person im supposed to be researching.....when all of this is supposed to be your responsibility in the first place??!?!?!? =/ BLOODY BRILLIANT...consider this my last post to you sir...and hopefully a warning to others not to even waste their time "debating" you. What the best opponent drizzt has fought..and what were they capable of....name...list of their best feats...the end. That simple..spare me with this cliff note go read the novel non sense. Name of this person you claim to be above glory..what they have done for you to make this claim.....list of things drizzt has done..he once beat a lion to death..he once took a 50 hour nap hes this fast..hes this strong..his enemies can do this...his greatest threat once did this....this is not crap that requires me to read a series of novels to understand...im not asking you for the fragile relationship between the ogre and elves and all it's complexities and intricacies........so spare me with this read the novel ...its just too hard to understand without it non sense.

I got as far as the first paragraph...im not interested in going in circles with you.....you made claims...you cant back them up...you refuse to back them up...and then your excuse for not back thing up is trying to say something that is done every single day...in every single thread on this forum...is just...too complicated...too much effort.....got it...

Buffy wins... superior everything...and that includes weapons. You didnt know? Go read the novel
Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Tiamat

As for some of the powerful creatures Drizzt has faced off against. There is most recently the Dracolich Hephaestus, which is an Undead red great wyrm (Dragon) that was em-powered by Crenshinibon (An extremely powerful evil artifact). There is also Ertuu the Balor Lord. His arch-nemesis for the longest time Artemis Entreri who is known as that worlds greatest assassin. There are also numerous Arch-Wizards and Matron Mothers he has combated against and won (Top tier spellcasters). As mentioned above there was also the Orc King Obould, who not only was em-powered by his God, giving him incredible strength and vitality. But his shaman's (along with the Drow supporters) also gave him various magical equipment such as a suit of invulnerable full-plate armor. To a lesser extent another mention could be Elifan (spelling might not be right) and Elven girl he saved long ago that devoted her life to killing Drizzt. She had a magical ring which help several capabilities such as a Fire-shield, Haste, Cat's grace, etc. All of which were to just and 'try' to get her on the same level that Drizzt was at.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By cody1984

@i_bomb_atomically:

Your just being stupid now and ranting.  This conversation is going to come to end sooner or a later one of the mods will just lock the thread.  You got my answers you didn't like them and Tiamat's response for the sword is brief,  accurate but brief.  I know you probably don't know the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" so to give you a scan like quality of a feat by typing out a response would take about a thousand words.  Than you would ask me "well what's so tough about this opponent he is fighting" which to explain it giving it justice would take another 1,000 words.  You would make me do this over and over again.  So I'm telling you to read the books.

i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tiamat said:

"I dont know who cutter is and after a d&d search i have found next to nothing  concerning weapons of someone named cutter whos weapons could "cut through anything" Yes anything except silver apparently....brilliant.  "
Cutter, also known as Khazid'hea is a magical Longsword crafted out of Adamantine (think of it as Marvel's adamantium). Weapons crafted from that metal alone were able to slice through any normal metals. But add on top the magical enchantment of sharpness to the blade and it was even more deadly. The sentience in the blade always tried to seek out the perfect warrior, so that it could taste the blood of more victims. To show an affinity to its wielder the blades hilt would change shape to depict something more a-keen to the wielders personality. For instance with Drizzt the blades hilt formed into that of a Unicorn. Before that with Dantrag I believe it was a dragons head. Throughout the series the blade is shown to always wanting to be in Drizzt's hands as it has known no equal to him in swordsmanship. Drizzt however gives the blade to Catti-brie (after some training and she proves herself), because he prefers using Scimitars over longswords. The blade later falls into the hands of another Drow and it constantly remarks how the other wielders are not on the same level as Drizzt.The blade has easily cut through solid stone, even slash through other swords and weapons. When Drizzt was faced against the Orc King who was empowered by Gruumsh (The Orc God), he used Cutter to help even the odds against the Orc Kings invulnerable armor.That's a short summary of the blade. Of which I can get extremely more detailed about. "

See something i can work with.......actual information..bravo sir..bravo

Uh no...not adamantium..not even close..all i read from the interwebs was super hard..and the best of the search compared it to diamonds and that wasn't from a d&d site. But i get the point..super hard. And it's feats of cutting through, flesh bone armor and even rock... doesn't make it sound to impressive when you consider the fact that even the wooden stake of buffys scythe was driven through solid stone..and it's used to kill demons of illyrias stature..and axes and swords break on her skin. The info about the unicorn and other people wielding it wasnt all that necessary but yeah..the slayer scythe couldn't even be budged by anyone but buffy...caleb ie the guy who punching the concrete like it was paper couldn't remove it and it was later used to kill caleb when powered by the god like first evil...also buffy and faith both said the scythe felt like theirs and they could feel its power...i dont even know why im talking about that..guess i cant let buffy be one upped. As i mentioned before..even the wooden stake on the slayers scythe has been driven through stone..and it was used against twilight..aka Superman Angel...right after satsu swung her sword at him and it shattered on his arm. Im guessing that the drizzs swords didnt break whats his faces swords..and it just repelled them?

@cody1984:     
uh huh thats nice...flagged for insults..
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By cody1984
@i_bomb_atomically said:
"
@Tiamat said:

Cutter, also known as Khazid'hea is a magical Longsword crafted out of Adamantine (think of it as Marvel's adamantium). Weapons crafted from that metal alone were able to slice through any normal metals. But add on top the magical enchantment of sharpness to the blade and it was even more deadly. The sentience in the blade always tried to seek out the perfect warrior, so that it could taste the blood of more victims. To show an affinity to its wielder the blades hilt would change shape to depict something more a-keen to the wielders personality. For instance with Drizzt the blades hilt formed into that of a Unicorn. Before that with Dantrag I believe it was a dragons head. Throughout the series the blade is shown to always wanting to be in Drizzt's hands as it has known no equal to him in swordsmanship. Drizzt however gives the blade to Catti-brie (after some training and she proves herself), because he prefers using Scimitars over longswords. The blade later falls into the hands of another Drow and it constantly remarks how the other wielders are not on the same level as Drizzt.The blade has easily cut through solid stone, even slash through other swords and weapons. When Drizzt was faced against the Orc King who was empowered by Gruumsh (The Orc God), he used Cutter to help even the odds against the Orc Kings invulnerable armor.That's a short summary of the blade. Of which I can get extremely more detailed about. "

See something i can work with.......actual information..bravo sir..bravo

Uh no...not adamantium..not even close..all i read from the interwebs was super hard..and the best of the search compared it to diamonds and that wasn't from a d&d site. But i get the point..super hard. And it's feats of cutting through, flesh bone armor and even rock... doesn't make it sound to impressive when you consider the fact that even the wooden stake of buffys scythe was driven through solid stone..and it's used to kill demons of illyrias stature..and axes and swords break on her skin. The info about the unicorn and other people wielding it wasnt all that necessary but yeah..the slayer scythe couldn't even be budged by anyone but buffy...caleb ie the guy who punching the concrete like it was paper couldn't remove it and it was later used to kill caleb when powered by the god like first evil...also buffy and faith both said the scythe felt like theirs and they could feel its power...i dont even know why im talking about that..guess i cant let buffy be one upped. As i mentioned before..even the wooden stake on the slayers scythe has been driven through stone..and it was used against twilight..aka Superman Angel...right after satsu swung her sword at him and it shattered on his arm. Im guessing that the drizzs swords didnt break whats his faces swords..and it just repelled them?
"

So even given good info you're going to downplay it than complain about not getting more. 
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984: 

you're still here? 

@Tiamat
said:

" As for some of the powerful creatures Drizzt has faced off against. There is most recently the Dracolich Hephaestus, which is an Undead red great wyrm (Dragon) that was em-powered by Crenshinibon (An extremely powerful evil artifact). There is also Ertuu the Balor Lord. His arch-nemesis for the longest time Artemis Entreri who is known as that worlds greatest assassin. There are also numerous Arch-Wizards and Matron Mothers he has combated against and won (Top tier spellcasters). As mentioned above there was also the Orc King Obould, who not only was em-powered by his God, giving him incredible strength and vitality. But his shaman's (along with the Drow supporters) also gave him various magical equipment such as a suit of invulnerable full-plate armor. To a lesser extent another mention could be Elifan (spelling might not be right) and Elven girl he saved long ago that devoted her life to killing Drizzt. She had a magical ring which help several capabilities such as a Fire-shield, Haste, Cat's grace, etc. All of which were to just and 'try' to get her on the same level that Drizzt was at. "

Ok well...Glory >>a dragon. All i read from this crystal thing is that it increases your powers...increased the dragons powers to what? The ertuu who he apparently outsmarted and not actually beat in combat..Artemis is known as one of the continents greatest fighters and despite being human he was only on par with drizzt in fighting ability..which isn't saying much because i already think drizzts fighting ability is inferior to buffy's. ...i need feats and how drizz managed to beat these people..not just names...so far theres a list of about 9 people with the title matron mother..and all of them are basically featless. Saying someone is a top tier spell caster isn't telling me how drizz beat them..nor is it telling me what types of spells they're capable of. For instance..B was able to beat amy in season 8...amy is a witch on par with willow..she can summon demon armies, perform transmogrification..heal..etc etc. How strong was this orce god powered king...stronger than 4 men..10 million men..can he lift a horse? Saying he's strong and has vitality doesn't let me know much.. Buffy's common enemy is the vampire..things she fights on a nightly basis are capable of bending steel vault doors with their bare hands.. heightened senses...reflexes...enough speed to dodge bullets at close range without even trying etc etc..Buffy has beaten trolls with above slayer strength 2+tons..while they were wielding a god hammer...the hammer that beat the crap out of glory..shes fought knights and demons who could phase...shes takin blows from people who was knocking around 3 foot thick stone and beings destroying reinforced steel vaults with a single punch. etc etc. Someone using cat's grace to become more agile makes this a feat on par or above buffy ? Buffy dodged bullets, she kicks and smacks daggers thrown at her without effort, she jumps and flips off buildings and off people...shes flipping through the air to dodge bullets...is drizzt doing that...is the chick he saved doing that?