Drizzt Do'Urden vs Snake Eye

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oldmagic

The greatest sword fight EVER!!!!! Drizzt doesn't have any of his magical items to help him other than his swords. NO GUNS! 

Round 1@ Snake Eye is on a mission to kill Drizzt and he knows he's coming. This round takes place in the Underdark. It is complete darkness and Snake Eye has whatever equipment he has with him to help him see in the dark. 
Round 2@ On an open field with these two facing off each other. 
Round 3@ Drizzt lives in the present times of DC for ten years and encountered great wonders of technology. Drizzt has all his items with him and so does Snake Eye. This is a fight on the city street of New York. 

Who wins?

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By oldmagic

Anyone?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

I wish I could say but I know nothing of Drizzt.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldmagic
erik said:
"I wish I could say but I know nothing of Drizzt."
ah thats too bad. Drizzt is one of the greatest swordsmen in all of nonfiction. As well as  Artemis. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik

Hmmm... I'll have to look him up one day.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldmagic
erik said:
"Hmmm... I'll have to look him up one day."
Look him up. The novels he's in are incredibly popular and very well written with just the perfect balance. The character himself is a master of all weapons, many different styles and has a mix of his own style, which isn't said unfortunately. From what i can gather, It's a combination of Free running to master of two sword style and more. But what's even more amazing is that his will alone is powerful enough to drive away the sleep poison. 
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Tevnoba

Round one goes to Dritzz.  It would be a miracle if Snake Eyes could survive the Underdark to even find Dritzz.
Round two - tough one, but I still give it to Dritzz.  Open field is against Snake Eyes preferred Ninja method of attack.
Round three - Snakes should take this, even with 10 years in the DC universe, Dritzz would have problems and this is Snake Eyes prime territory.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I am really not familiar with Drizzt so I cannot make an educated opinion yet

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldmagic
Lunacyde said:
"I am really not familiar with Drizzt so I cannot make an educated opinion yet"
I feel so bad for you. :( 
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

haha i must be missing out

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldmagic
Lunacyde said:
"haha i must be missing out"
You must be. Originally, these novels are made from games but this guy was so popular (so popular non gamers loved it, like me) when the novels came out, the author was forced to make more novels containing him. To date, there are 15 novels. And that is not including the 3 extra novels of Drizzt's Arch nemesis and rival.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

After reading what I could find about him I am convinced snake eyes would lose in situation # 1 ....but I would hold that he could win in the other two situations.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Well that's interesting that they are both Devil's Due.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Tevnoba said:
"Round one goes to Dritzz.  It would be a miracle if Snake Eyes could survive the Underdark to even find Dritzz.
Round two - tough one, but I still give it to Dritzz.  Open field is against Snake Eyes preferred Ninja method of attack.
Round three - Snakes should take this, even with 10 years in the DC universe, Dritzz would have problems and this is Snake Eyes prime territory."
I agree with this. Except that in an open field even though he doesn't have the same level of stealth he can still hold his own. He is a martial arts master who has demonstrated superhuman speed, reflexes, strength, and agility. Also how far are they apart in the field and what kind of field is it.....corn? wheat? Barley?
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tevnoba
Nate said:
"No the character Drizzt came about 20 years ago from author R.A. Salvatore and a game was not made about Drizzt until well after the first couple of series were out."
First of all, no you are wrong.  The game he is referring to is Dungeons and Dragons and more specifically the Forgotten Realms campaign Setting which has been out for over 30 years.  The books came after.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tevnoba
Nate said:
"There are actually 20 books to date on Drizzt alone and that is not counting the 6 or so short stories out there. Also not counting the ones Oldmagic mentioned about his rival. They are currently going through and putting his books in comic format as well. Published by Devils Due. They have made replica swords for Drizzt as well as having him star in a number of video games."
To my knowledge he was never a star in any video game, he did make a few cameo appearances.
Drizzt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Drizzt
knows he can take out Snake Eyes...
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldmagic
Nate said:
"No the character Drizzt came about 20 years ago from author R.A. Salvatore and a game was not made about Drizzt until well after the first couple of series were out."
I wasn't talking about the Drizzt game, i was talking about what Tevnoba said. Sorry, i should've been more specific. And i don't know of any games Drizzt as the main character other than made appearance in Neverwinter Nights and a couple of other games. 
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oldmagic
Lunacyde said:
"Tevnoba said:
"Round one goes to Dritzz.  It would be a miracle if Snake Eyes could survive the Underdark to even find Dritzz.
Round three - Snakes should take this, even with 10 years in the DC universe, Dritzz would have problems and this is Snake Eyes prime territory."
I agree with this. Except that in an open field even though he doesn't have the same level of stealth he can still hold his own. He is a martial arts master who has demonstrated superhuman speed, reflexes, strength, and agility. Also how far are they apart in the field and what kind of field is it.....corn? wheat? Barley?"
You ever seen a warrior defend himself against a master swordsmen from the likes of Naga with six hands holding various weapons? (I can't remember if it was a naga? It was in the crystal shard i think, when Wulger was resurrected from Errtu.) And killed her as well. That was the most impressive swordsmanship i have ever seen coming from Drizzt....Unless he turns into his vicious side. 
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldmagic
Nate said:
"oldmagic said:
I wasn't talking about the Drizzt game, i was talking about what Tevnoba said. Sorry, i should've been more specific. And i don't know of any games Drizzt as the main character other than made appearance in Neverwinter Nights and a couple of other games. "
No worries just a misunderstanding :)

More bad choice of words on my part. Other games would be three appearances in various Baldur Gate games, as well as an appearance in the game Demon Stone."
No prob. This would be a good battle between Artemis vs Shadow Eyes. Even though Shadow Eyes is shown to have stronger body, Artemis would have his magical weapons. I think it would balance things out very nicely. These two assassins are top of the food chains. Would be an amazing battle, i think. 
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldmagic
Nate said:
"oldmagic said:
No prob. This would be a good battle between Artemis vs Shadow Eyes. Even though Shadow Eyes is shown to have stronger body, Artemis would have his magical weapons. I think it would balance things out very nicely. These two assassins are top of the food chains. Would be an amazing battle, i think. "
Giving Artemis his dagger would be too much though I think, with one nick from it he could weaken and drain part of Snake Eyes life. Blades too dangerous in his hands. As for Snake Eyes being strong in body, that's debatable. Artemis was written to be in perfect human shape, honed his body and skill perfectly.

I think a Drizzt and Snake Eyes VS Artemis and Storm Shadow would be cool."
True but like lunacyde said, he has showed superhuman feats so it is possibly debatable but i really don't see Snake Eyes getting nicked any time soon. ^ Now that would be a battle. Depends of Drizzt uses his globe of darkness or fire.  
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldmagic
Nate said:
"In a fight I think Artemis would lose to Snake Eyes for much the same reason as to why he loses to Drizzt. He would see him as an equal in swordsmanship and look to prove he was the better, all while Snake Eyes wouldn't mind throwing his in Gun-fu so to speak and looking for a win how he can. I think that was Entreri's main flaw when it came to his character, once he met someone of equal skill in the blade it became about proving whos best and not about doing what he does best. Thats kills and fight to win at all costs."
hmm....that makes sense when i look back on it. Artemis is always about being the better. Though he did get owned by the king and his merry bad in his last novel. lol especially that old monk who could break a huge rock with his staff easily. 
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oldmagic

Obould should've lost had it not been for the armor. And the only reason Drizzt was faster then him was because of the magical item that enhanced his speed. Otherwise i think it would have been an almost equal fight. And that is not to be said lightly. 

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It has never been explicitly stated as far as I know that Snake Eyes is peak human....but it can be inferred that he is at least from feats he has accomplished.

Besides terms like peak human are not generally used in the G.I. Joe universe. G.I. Joe characters abilities are not usually as explicitly stated and written out as say most Marvel characters like Daredevil, Moon Knight, Bullseye, etc.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldmagic
Lunacyde said:
"It has never been explicitly stated as far as I know that Snake Eyes is peak human....but it can be inferred that he is at least from feats he has accomplished.

Besides terms like peak human are not generally used in the G.I. Joe universe. G.I. Joe characters abilities are not usually as explicitly stated and written out as say most Marvel characters like Daredevil, Moon Knight, Bullseye, etc."
The same goes for Drizzt however. 
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I know I was just stating that because someone was questioning whether Snake Eyes was peak human.

I am in no way questioning Drizzt

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldmagic

He knows he's at peak human and so are Drizzt and Artimes.  lol he wasn't questioning it. He was just wondering weather Snake Eyes surpasses peak human.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

According to some feats I have seen yes...however right now I cannot show you a scan or give you a issue #

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29  Edited By owie  Moderator

Bump.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sunhawk

a bunch of red and blue lasers are fired between the two, some vehicles catch fire, people jump out of them and with parachutes, they blow up. everyone is safe and never gets hit by laser fire or exploding vehicles. drizzt runs away cursing gi joe to fight next week.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31  Edited By owie  Moderator

I'd say Drizzt takes round 1 due to being in the underdark.  In round 2, I think it's a close fight.  Snake Eyes could win.  Round 3, if Drizzt has all his magical items, he definitely wins.