Drizzt Do'Urden vs. Taskmaster

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms Novels and IDW Comics)

No Caption Provided

vs

Taskmaster (Marvel-616)

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Sun just went down, street lamps are on, but dimly lit
  • Start 100 feet apart
  • Standard arsenal for both (no panther for Drizzt).
  • No prior knowledge on the other.

Battlefield:

No Caption Provided

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

I think Drizzt takes a solid majority. Taskmaster knows all the styles of everyone he's fought, but Drizzt's style is not a style known in comics. It's designed and taught solely at the Drow school, the Melee Magthere. His anklets will make him undoubtedly faster than Taskmaster, and his blades are magical. They can effectively cut through anything Taskmaster has. Deflecting arrows is nothing Drizzt hasn't accomplished before, and on top of all of it he has his faerie fire and darkness abilities. Experience goes to Drizzt as well, who is over half a millennia old and has been fighting since he was a teenager. He's gone against the best swordsmen, warriors, and magicians in the realms and always walked away.

He will here too.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lesterlawton

How are faeries in comparison to Asgardians, combat-wise? Taskmaster was able to defeat several Asgardians during Siege.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 owie  Moderator

@floopay: Drizzt has all his standard equipment? Including

Iceingdeath; A magical scimitar taken from the treasure hoard of the white dragon Iceingdeath. It has the ability to deal additional cold damage upon its strikes, and protects its wielder from fire. The blade has also proven to severely wound demons.

Twinkle; Was a gift from Malachor Harpell. This magical scimitar has a keen edge and glows when danger is near. It also has the ability to help improve the wielders defense. [It has the ability to warn its owner of danger and almost protecting him on instinct.]

Mithral Chain; This chain shirt was given to Drizzt by his dwarf friend King Bruenor Battlehammer.

Spider Silk Shirt; This dark lightweight shirt i magically enchanted to help protect him from slashing attacks. Almost neglecting the cuts completely.

Bracers of Blinding Strike; Taken from Dantrag the Weapons Master of House Baenre, they increase the wearers speed. Drizzt has chosen to wear them round his ankels instead.

I'm not sure Taskmaster has anything to equal this. I'd maybe restrict them both a standard sword.

He is also able to create globes of magical blackness.

Anyway, with all that, especially the magical doubled speed and magic armor, Drizzt wins easily. In a more stripped-down H2H, I think it's close. Tasky could copy him, I think, and of course he has a lot of skills already. But Drizzt seems to be a bit superhuman in his speed, which may help him stay in the game.

How are faeries in comparison to Asgardians, combat-wise? Taskmaster was able to defeat several Asgardians during Siege.

All kinds of villains were killing Asgardians then. I don't personally take any of that battle seriously. Asgardians are supposed to be 25 tonners on average, with superhuman durability. None of them should have been able to be harmed by the various villain streetlevelers that were killing them by the droves in that series. It was straight-up bad writing.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Floopay

@owie: Drizzt has fought Stone Giants (Multiple Times), Frost Giants, Verbeeg, dragons, expert martial artists, trolls (who have regen that matches most comic book healing factors, plus superhuman strength to boot).

@lesterlawton: Drizzt has magic gear and a lot that goes in his favor. That being said, Taskmaster has trick arrows, roundshields, firearms, broadswords, and quite a few other things.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 owie  Moderator

@floopay said:

@owie: Drizzt has fought Stone Giants (Multiple Times), Frost Giants, Verbeeg, dragons, expert martial artists, trolls (who have regen that matches most comic book healing factors, plus superhuman strength to boot).

@lesterlawton: Drizzt has magic gear and a lot that goes in his favor. That being said, Taskmaster has trick arrows, roundshields, firearms, broadswords, and quite a few other things.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I think you might have given me his answer and him my answer :)

The trick arrows can help, that's true, although he tends to not use them so much. The rest of his weapons aren't as much help. But if he goes right for the arrows, say the sonic or glue ones, he's got a chance. But generally if Drizzt is moving at double speed, attacking with magic swords that make it easier for him to hit and cause damage, and has armor that protects him from most of Tasmaster's direct H2H attacks, then I think he's got the advantage.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_wspanialy

Propably Drizzt thanks to his magical equipment and Taskmaster's tendency to jobb. Not to mention insane level of Drizzt's skill. In terms of pure swordsmanship there's only a few characters in Marvel that could fight him as equal.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During Seige, he villains were amped by the Norn Stones.