Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Drizzt Do'urden

VS
VS

Black Panther

No Caption Provided

Rules

• This is black panther with the heart shaped herb, he has his energy daggers, anti-metal claws, and his vibranium suit
  • Drizzt has his standard gear with the exception of spider silk shirt
  • Random encounter
  • Drizzt does not have help from Guenhwyvar
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation
  • Morals are off

• Both begin 30 feet apart
  • Begin visible
  • Unpopulated
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Disclaimer: This thread was made to learn more about Drizzt so OP may be edited if this s unfair.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Drizzt could win if he would just put his bracers on his wrists instead of his feet.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black panther wins

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Floopay

I think Drizzt could win if he would just put his bracers on his wrists instead of his feet.

He doesn't like that, it ruins the rhythm of his blade dance.

Drizzt has the globe of darkness, which is a nice boost as it would render BP completely blind, or make him think twice before running forward, depending on where he puts it.

He also has an experience advantage, as he's centuries old. Over and above this he has speed I would think with the bracers on his ankles, as well as a host of magical equipment and protections.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Drizzt has the globe of darkness, which is a nice boost as it would render BP completely blind, or make him think twice before running forward, depending on where he puts it.

Do the globes of darkness just make things dark? Because Black panther does have night vision.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@floopay:

Do the globes of darkness just make things dark? Because Black panther does have night vision.

In the books it obstructs ALL vision in a 20 foot radius. Normal Vision, infravision, ultravision, dark vision, night Vision, low-light vision, and motion sensory vision. It also obscures Pseudo Magical X-Ray vision, and even affects people who can see through phantasms and illusions.

All Dark Elves actually have an extreme version of night vision known as "ultravision". It allows them to see in a setting of completely darkness (as in, completely absent of light) as clear as daylight. In fact, their eyes actually produce heat and give off their own radiance in extreme dark. It's an enhanced version of Infravision.

His magical armor should also protect against anti-metal to some degree. Magical equipment in D&D is resistant to most "Rust Monsters", which are creatures that consume all types of metal equipment (adamantium, mithril, silver, gold, etc.) (Note: Adamantium is several times harder than steel, but not indestructible like Marvel Adamantium), so that should give him a little advantage as well.

Drow are naturally resistant to all types of magic, and Drizzt Do'Urden is above your typical drow.

Natural Drow Abilities Include:

• Levitation (straight up and down movement) (usually one or two times per day)
  • Conjure Globes of Darkness (20 foot radius, several times a day)
  • Conjure Faerie Fire (usually once or twice a day) - shrouds an enemy in purple and blue fire, making it next to impossible for them to hide.

Drizzt's Equipment

Twinkle - Keen Scimitar, which means it can cut through adamantium, stone, and steel with relative ease. Glows when he's in danger, and increases his natural defense to make him tougher and more hardy.

Icing Death - Another Scimitar. Creates bursts of cold when striking, protects the user against heat-based attacks, does severe damage against certain demons.

Mithril Shirt - Mithril is more durable and lighter than steel. Gives heavy protection against slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning attacks.

Bracers of Speed - They are meant to be worn on the user's arms. However, this threw off Drizzt's momentum and made his movements harder to track and control, so he chose to wear them on his feet. Because of this, he's several times faster than a normal drow, and can dance around even the best of human fighters with ease.

Accomplishments:

Taken on pit fiends, demons, hordes of orcs, giants, and etc. He's stood up against incredible fighters, not the least of which is Artemis Entreri, assassin extraordinaire. He's taken on barbarian kings, wizards, and etc.

He's dodged lightning bolts, crossbow fire from multiple sources, and so much more. He's confronted psychological assault head on and won against powerful artifacts that could enslave armies of men by it's mere presence.

He has centuries of training and experience with and against the greatest fighters in Forgotten Realms history.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Twinkle - Keen Scimitar, which means it can cut through adamantium, stone, and steel with relative ease. Glows when he's in danger, and increases his natural defense to make him tougher and more hardy.

Lol. Stone and steel, sure. However, there's absolutely nothing to suggest his blades can cut through Marvel's adamantium or vibranium (unless you were referring to D&D adamantite?). In fact, there's far more stating it won't. Drizzt had a hard time damaging Obould wearing his armor let alone adamantium from Marvel that withstands Thor's mightiest blows.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Lol. Stone and steel, sure. However, there's absolutely nothing to suggest his blades can cut through Marvel's adamantium or vibranium (unless you were referring to D&D adamantite?). In fact, there's far more stating it won't. Drizzt had a hard time damaging Obould wearing his armor let alone adamantium from Marvel that withstands Thor's mightiest blows.

I was referring to D&D adamantite, yes. This is the same guy who was able to cut through frost giants, Gladbrezu, Drow chainmail (magically enchanted), and a lot of other enhanced materials. Obould's helmet is something that I think is a little out of context. His armor was composed of layers upon layers of black metal which is as hard as adamantium and gives off negative energy. Drizzt was having a hard time harming Obould, that is true, but Obould was wearing enhanced metals and wearing layers upon layers of them, because of the heavy decorations and spikes. In general he was a hard guy to even get close enough to to damage, I think it's no sleight against Drizzt or his weapons (twinkle in particular) that he had a hard time damaging such a foe.

That being said, Black Panther is actually susceptible to slashing attacks in his vibranium suit because of the way the mesh is built. Though he'll be immune to piercing attacks. That being said, a scimitar is a slashing weapon by nature, which means in a fight I think Drizzt has more than what it takes to harm Black Panther.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@floopay said:

I was referring to D&D adamantite, yes. This is the same guy who was able to cut through frost giants, Gladbrezu, Drow chainmail (magically enchanted), and a lot of other enhanced materials. Obould's helmet is something that I think is a little out of context. His armor was composed of layers upon layers of black metal which is as hard as adamantium and gives off negative energy. Drizzt was having a hard time harming Obould, that is true, but Obould was wearing enhanced metals and wearing layers upon layers of them, because of the heavy decorations and spikes. In general he was a hard guy to even get close enough to to damage, I think it's no sleight against Drizzt or his weapons (twinkle in particular) that he had a hard time damaging such a foe.

That being said, Black Panther is actually susceptible to slashing attacks in his vibranium suit because of the way the mesh is built. Though he'll be immune to piercing attacks. That being said, a scimitar is a slashing weapon by nature, which means in a fight I think Drizzt has more than what it takes to harm Black Panther.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

He 'could' harm him, sure. Cutting against the grain of the suit would provide results. But enough to put T'Challa down before Drizzt gets dropped? Not so sure. Fact is, T'Challa has better durability in this fight than Drizzt given the vibranium suit (there really is no metal to compare in Forgotten Realm lore), and being on the HSH, there's nothing to suggest his enhanced speed won't be able to contend with Drizzt's enough to see his damage output drop Drizzt before the inverse happens.

Good fight though.

Turtle_Soiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Black Panther is fast enough to keep up with Drizzt. Also you keep discounting his centuries of experience, BP can't match that level of skill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lage difference between Forgotten Realms Adamtine and Marvel Adamantium.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Veshark

I don't think Black Panther is fast enough to keep up with Drizzt. Also you keep discounting his centuries of experience, BP can't match that level of skill.

Actually BP has recently been bestowed with all the strength and knowledge of his past ancestors. Bashenga, the first BP, came about 10,000 years ago, so that's a rough estimate of 100 centuries of experience in BP's head.

I'm not saying BP would win (largely because I don't know anything about D&D), but I thought I'd point that out.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

For the reasons Floopay pointed out, Drizzt can probably take this. He has faced countless opponents who were the strongest, fastest, the most skilled, and has always come out on top. Also killed a white dragon pretty easily.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's close, but Drizzt should win