Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WindCloud

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Alright !  Two of the best swordsman-archer duos go toe to toe with each other.  IMO, Drizzt can probably solo both Aragorn and Legolas, but what does everyone else think ?  Battle is to the death in a heavily-treed forest.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Andferne

Give Drizzt a better partner and they would have this in the bag. He could take either one of them one on one, but the pair would be too much for him to overcome and Cat hardly makes up the the skill level.

Does Drizzt have full access to all of his gear? Guen his magical figurine, both scimitar, as well as his bracers and magical chain mail and shirt?

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WindCloud
@Andferne said:
" Give Drizzt a better partner and they would have this in the bag. He could take either one of them one on one, but the pair would be too much for him to overcome and Cat hardly makes up the the skill level. Does Drizzt have full access to all of his gear? Guen his magical figurine, both scimitar, as well as his bracers and magical chain mail and shirt? "
Everyone has full access to everything weapons and armors.  Guen is forbidden in this fight, coz then it'll be too unfair for the Tolkien team.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WindCloud

BTW, don't underestimate Catt with Taumaril.  i  think she can kill Legolas easily with Taumaril.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andferne

Guen is part of his gear though. Sure he treats her more as a companion and friend. But truthfully she is just a magical tool now.

Legolas is easily a better archer than Cat, even with her magical bow. Granted her bow would pack more punch with it's magical arrows that never end. I just think she will be outdrawn here and fall first.

The sword fight between Aragon and Drizzt would be a fantastic read. But with his magical tools and drow innate abilities Aragon goes down. The bracers he wields increase his speed fast enough to where people think his scimitars magically appear in his hands. He easily has the speed and agility factor in this. I would give him the edge in experiance as well, or battle training. Even if Aragon can land a cut on him he will have to strike at an exposed area. Or else his blade will not pierce through the magical Mithal chain mail Drizzt wears. Or his newly aquired Shirt that also provides protection from slicing weapons.

Now it comes down to Drizzt and Legolas, using his Drow abilities and creating a globe of darkness around Legolas could give him the time needed to dodge and stay evasive. If he can then close the distance he will take out the elf.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WindCloud
@Andferne said:
" Guen is part of his gear though. Sure he treats her more as a companion and friend. But truthfully she is just a magical tool now. Legolas is easily a better archer than Cat, even with her magical bow. Granted her bow would pack more punch with it's magical arrows that never end. I just think she will be outdrawn here and fall first.The sword fight between Aragon and Drizzt would be a fantastic read. But with his magical tools and drow innate abilities Aragon goes down. The bracers he wields increase his speed fast enough to where people think his scimitars magically appear in his hands. He easily has the speed and agility factor in this. I would give him the edge in experiance as well, or battle training. Even if Aragon can land a cut on him he will have to strike at an exposed area. Or else his blade will not pierce through the magical Mithal chain mail Drizzt wears. Or his newly aquired Shirt that also provides protection from slicing weapons. Now it comes down to Drizzt and Legolas, using his Drow abilities and creating a globe of darkness around Legolas could give him the time needed to dodge and stay evasive. If he can then close the distance he will take out the elf. "
Agreed, but:

1.  You didn't need to explain all that.
2.  i  still think Catt using Taumaril will beat Legolas.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

I like to elaborate on my answers, unless I think things are not worth it.

As for Cat and Legolas. Her reflexes are no where near as quick as his. Especially if you take into account her age now, which is late 30s I believe. While he is still prime for an Elf and will not lose that edge. He is quicker and easily the better shot between the two. Her recent events have her with a 'gimp' or busted up leg. Enough to where she is not taking up magic lessons.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WindCloud
@Andferne said:
" I like to elaborate on my answers, unless I think things are not worth it.As for Cat and Legolas. Her reflexes are no where near as quick as his. Especially if you take into account her age now, which is late 30s I believe. While he is still prime for an Elf and will not lose that edge. He is quicker and easily the better shot between the two. Her recent events have her with a 'gimp' or busted up leg. Enough to where she is not taking up magic lessons. "
Well, actually,  i  was referring to her in her prime....around 25 or so.  And yes,  i  agree that humans are slower than elves, but  i  was imagining a scenario where she just hides somewhere and ambushes Legolas with Taumaril .  Yes, granted  i  didn't specify anything about  'prep time'  and all, but  this was the scenario  i  had in mind for Catt and Legolas (while Drizzt and Aragorn  fights out in the open).  And no,  i'm not a Cattibrie fanboy by any stretch of the imagination.
Drizzt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Drizzt

See? Biggest fanboy for Drizzt that the Vine has. :D
lol

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WindCloud
@Drizzt said:
" See? Biggest fanboy for Drizzt that the Vine has. :Dlol "
Speak for yerself, yuir durn elf !
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andferne

Thing is Cat was never that talented in hiding and stealth. That was Drizzt's area of expertise which is why he was also the point man, or scout. Even if she was hiding I believe that Legolas would be able to spot her with his vastly superior eye sight. Tolkien Elves have better eye sight base eyesight then ones in the Forgotten Realms.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WindCloud
@Andferne said:
" Thing is Cat was never that talented in hiding and stealth. That was Drizzt's area of expertise which is why he was also the point man, or scout. Even if she was hiding I believe that Legolas would be able to spot her with his vastly superior eye sight. Tolkien Elves have better eye sight base eyesight then ones in the Forgotten Realms. "
i  guess.  But for me, since Cat's taken out vastly powerful opponents before,  Legolas wouldn't be a problem for her either.  Oh well....
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Andferne

I don't think she has ever faced off against another bow master. None that are coming to my mind at 1am anyways.

Surprised that you did not throw in Bruenor and Gimli.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WindCloud
@Andferne said:
" I don't think she has ever faced off against another bow master. None that are coming to my mind at 1am anyways. Surprised that you did not throw in Bruenor and Gimli. "
Nah.  They're insignificant in a 2on2, which was my original intention.  But, good thought tho'.
xbuilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By xbuilder

I think what most of us forget here is Leagalos and Aragon have magic items too.
Yeah they aren't as showy or glowy as the drow but they are there.

Aragon is a machine of death and an expert tracker, healer and more.
He and Aragon could just snipe Dritzz and Co .

Aragon and Legalos would never fight Dritz face to face if they know anything about him. They would wear him then take him on.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Drizzt and Cat take this.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andferne
@xbuilder said:
"I think what most of us forget here is Leagalos and Aragon have magic items too.

Aragon and Legalos would never fight Dritz face to face if they know anything about him. They would wear him then take him on."

The little magical items they do have don't compare to the ones their advisories have here. Not to mention the quantity of ones the Companions of the Hall have access to. Drizzt's magical gear is hardly considered showy as each are considered deadly weapons. Drizzt as well is a death machine, and more so when he becomes 'The Hunter'. He is also a expert tracker and master at stealth. In the books Drizzt has been shown to dodge and weave through multiple archer fire before. They don't know him and Drizzt is a intelligent fighter. He is not just going to walk into a fight or sit there to duke it out if he knows the odds are against him. Out of the four present he is the one more likely to be setting up the terrian.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WindCloud
@Andferne said:
" @xbuilder said:
"I think what most of us forget here is Leagalos and Aragon have magic items too.

Aragon and Legalos would never fight Dritz face to face if they know anything about him. They would wear him then take him on."

The little magical items they do have don't compare to the ones their advisories have here. Not to mention the quantity of ones the Companions of the Hall have access to. Drizzt's magical gear is hardly considered showy as each are considered deadly weapons. Drizzt as well is a death machine, and more so when he becomes 'The Hunter'. He is also a expert tracker and master at stealth. In the books Drizzt has been shown to dodge and weave through multiple archer fire before. They don't know him and Drizzt is a intelligent fighter. He is not just going to walk into a fight or sit there to duke it out if he knows the odds are against him. Out of the four present he is the one more likely to be setting up the terrian. "
What does "setting up the terrain" mean ?
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Waffle Fries

Drizzt stomps both of them. He's taken on bigger and better foes then either of the tolkenites.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Andferne
@WindCloud said:
" What does "setting up the terrain" mean ? "
Using the environment to his favor.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WindCloud
@Andferne said:
" @WindCloud said:
" What does "setting up the terrain" mean ? "
Using the environment to his favor. "
Ah,  i  c  now.  But,  i  still believe Drizzt doesn't need the terrain as his ally.  With Twinkle & Icing Death in BOTH hands,  i'll  stick to what  i've said before  (i  think):  he'll probably solo both the Tolkienites.  Remember, Aragorn's swordplay, for  a  human Ranger is good.  But, Drizzt is a drow Ranger.  There's a vast difference in sword-skill between the two.  This vast difference is like a remainder that Drizzt can use to fend off Legolas at the same time too.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tyler Starke

I wish Aragorn and Legolas could win, thats why it pains me to say Drizzt and Cattie-brie for the win

Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Drizzt can solo. Aragorn has not even faught anyone on the level of Artemis Entreri. And Legolas has shown nothing that highend Drow can't duplicate. Drizzt has easily defeated multiple highend Drow including a Priestess simultaneously.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Tevnoba
@Drizzt said:
" See? Biggest fanboy for Drizzt that the Vine has. :Dlol "
Doubtful, you name carries little weight in your declaration.  I would judge it on your knowledge of the character.

Too many of you are putting Cattie Brie against Legolis and Aragon vs. Drizzt.  While this might seem logical, Drizzt is too much of a tactician to allow this.  He would go after Legolis and kill him rather easily while letting Cattie Brie take down Aragon, which she could do quite handlely.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Andferne

Drizzt is my account.

Avatar image for epic_battle_bard
Epic Battle Bard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Epic Battle Bard

I really love LOTR, but Drizzt is a different caliber of warrior.

Aragorn ad Legolas are no slouches however, but I think Drizzt solos, especially with the Anklets and other magical items. Lets face, he has taken many insane solo situations through the years, he even downed a giant single-handedly, not to mention Errtuu, twice.

He also has his globe of Darkness and Faerie Fire (which won't hurt, but will shock the tolkienites). I also see Drizzt setting up the field here and hunting them, not the other way around, my guess is if it wasn't night, he would way until then before attacking.

I'd say give him a better partner, or replace Cattie-bre with Guen (I see no reason he wouldn't be using her, she is like a part of him pretty much or one of his weapons, and he usually finds genius ways to incorporate her into his battle plans). Don't misunderstand, Cat is a great ally, Taulmaril and Cutter are deadly assets as well as her years of training. If she's in her prime, them she is a very deadly foe.

I'd say throw in Gimli and Bruenor as well, and have a 3-way fight. Or toss Wulfgar in for Cat, that would be crazy. Hell, Jarlaxle would be a ranged partner too with his throwing daggers, but I think all of his magical assets gives WAY too much of an edge. Team Drizzt with Entreri and let him start with Taulmaril like he is currently. Human/Elf combo, ranged and melee both. Or Wulgar and Drizzt.

Hell I'd say give him Arthrogate, but that Dwarf is too damn insane for this, would not be fair in the least Lol, there I go rambling on for too long, but as for just this fight, given the conditions, I'd say Drizzt and Cat win and fairly easily. Cat can more than hold her own against Aragorn in melee while Drizzt hunts down Legolas and with his ranger and drow tracking skills along with the anklets, he can find Legolas and in short notice. Also, if Aragorn is using the Flame of the West, then he stands a bit more of a chance, but Cutter can virtually cut through anything, even non-epic swords I'd say.

angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By angryvigilante

Drizzt solos

Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Daydream

The husband & wife team ftw.
Zeplin1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zeplin1337
@Andferne:  By the way, I'm not sure if anyone else said this to you or not, but he wears the bracers on his legs to enhance his footwork speed. He believes it's equally important to have quick footwork as it is to be quick with your arms. He found out while using them on his hands that they moved his arms too fast to allow him to change his direction and therefore use all of his skills.

As for talking about catti-brie and legolas, I personally think Cat would win, she also has her magical sword, or had actually depending on when we are doing this fight. I think she would win because as someone else says in this thread, Drizzt wouldn't let her just walk in and get shot in the chest win an arrow, he would track them and set the terrain to fit their fighting style and let lego and aragorn come to him. Drizzt could set it up so that they never even notice Catti-brie hiding, and as for legolas, he may be an elf but Catti-brie grew up in a tough dwarven community and traveled with Drizzt and fought off an entire orc army while holding Mithral Hall. Catti-brie clearly has more experience than people here are giving her credit for. Also Aragorn may be a good tracker, but he can not come close to beating a drow tracker who grew up in the underdark, no matter what anyone says. 

Drizzt + Catti-Brie all the way. They series is awesome :)
mastermustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mastermustard

Drizzt can solo this with low to mid difficulty.

Heck, current Catti-Brie could solo this handily.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Drizzt solos. Previous Cattie-Brie loses, but as long as she keeps range for most of the fight it's a good fight. She's a better archer than swordsman.

Current Cattie-Brie spites the LOTR duo.