#1  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Characters: Drizzt Do'Urden and Artemis Entreri

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

VS.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Wolverine and Steve Rogers

Setting: The Mines of Moria They start out facing each other at 100 meters.

Assume that Drizzt and Artemis will work together.
Standard gear to each character. Drizzt does not get Guenhwyvar
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hellos

I don't have a clue.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Hellos said:
" I don't have a clue. "
I am guessing you don't know Drizzt and Artemis?
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne

>_<

Few quick questions first. You said that Drizzt does not have Guen, but does he have Iceingdeath and Twinkle? His two magical scimitars, as well as his magical anklets and mirthral chainmail? Does Artemis have Jeweled dagger and Charon's Claw?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Andferne said:
" >_<  Few quick questions first. You said that Drizzt does not have Guen, but does he have Iceingdeath and Twinkle? His two magical scimitars, as well as his magical anklets and mirthral chainmail? Does Artemis have Jeweled dagger and Charon's Claw? "
Yes to all. I considered them standard gear.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne

I'm going with Drizzt and Artemis. Both of them have had to work together in the past, so the ideal is not hard. In fact both worked so well together one seemed to flow as the other moved. They worked in unison flawlessly in a frenzy of thrusts and slashes. While Drizzt moves were more fluid and swooping, his were straight forward and precise. Both of them are considered the best in the game in their world. 

One major advantage is see right off in the mines is that both Artemis and Drizzt can see in the dark, something neither Cap or Wolverine can do.

As for the gear a single nick from Artemis dagger can not only drain the life essence from someone, but it also rejuvenates him. Healing him in a sense. His sword Charon's Claw is just as deadly. Without sufficient will and a special gauntlet (which he has that suppresses magic) it would instantly kill the wielder. 
Drizzt's own swords are just as deadly. Twinkle is razor sharp, even gives off a faint blue glow when danger is near. Iceingdeath could easily freeze an arm with a simple gath, slowing their movement and allowing for them to strike once more. Drizzt also has his drow traits, calling faerie fire that could distract one of them, setting them up for a deadly strike. As well as the globe of darkness which he could place around one of them. Drizzt fights perfectly blindly as he does with his eyes open, thanks to his decades of life in the underdark and training from Mooshie a blind ranger.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

For those who might not know more on Drizzt and his equipment/powers. 

Iceingdeath This mighty scimitar is made of blue crystal with cold iron and white mithral inlays. Rubies and pearls are inset into the cross hilt, while a vibrant sapphire forms the pummel. The long, silver shaft has veins of blue quartz running through it. These appear to pulse occasionally, as though the weapon was alive. It is a magical blade with the power of frost. It protects the wielder from fire, and was crafted to combat the denizens of the lower planes. It is also capable of putting out magical and non magical flames.

Twinkle The blade of this mighty scimitar is warm to the touch, and flames have been carved across the surface. The intricacy of the carvings is breathtaking. They are done with suck skill that the sword seems to be burning with metallic flames. Someone must have spent several centuries rendering them. The metal of the blade is unfamiliar, it is light but shines like silver. Garnets and topazes are inset in the cross hilt, while a glowing diamond forms the pummel. This magical blade is extremely sharp with the slightest nick causing a nasty cut. It has the ability to warn its owner of danger and almost protecting him on instinct.

Taulmaril the Heartseeker This magical bow is wonderfully crafted by elves long ago. It has a white finish with leafs carved into dark wood, as well as a silvery string. It's enchantment is to make the arrows fired from it travel faster, making them hit harder. Even being able to pierce armor, and blow holes into people.

Quiver of Anariel This magical quiver seems to never run out of its silver arrows. There are 20 set into it, and each time one is fired another replaces it. When shot from a bow these silver arrows come alive with an electric force, adding to thier already powerful damage.

Anklets/Bracelets of Blinding Strike This pair of mithral anklets may be worn around the wrist or ankles. If worn around the wrists they allow the wearer to strike with uncanny speed. But if worn around the ankles they increase your speed of movements. Makeing you blindingly fast.

Spidersilk Shirt This black armor looks more like a shirt than actual armor. It is light weight and extremely flexable. It has been magically enchanted to help resist slashing cuts made from blades.

Mithral Chain This light weight metal is almost indestructible. It was a gift to him by his long time friend King Bruenor Battlehammer. It's shine never fades, and neither does its ability to protect him from danger.

Drow Traits Drow can naturally see in the dark, and can cast small cantrips. Faerie Fire, Dancing lights, and Darkness. They also have superior hearing than humans and are masters at stealth. The also have a natural resistance to spells and charms. Some spells even have the chance to utterly fail when cast against a drow.

Ranger Traits As a ranger Drizzt is an expert tracker, and can move as swift and silent as the wind. He is a master of fighting with two weapons, and a master bowman. He knows his way around natures creatures and habits as well as the terrain. They almost have a natural empathy with animals.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Andferne said:
" I'm going with Drizzt and Artemis. Both of them have had to work together in the past, so the ideal is not hard. In fact both worked so well together one seemed to flow as the other moved. They worked in unison flawlessly in a frenzy of thrusts and slashes. While Drizzt moves were more fluid and swooping, his were straight forward and precise. Both of them are considered the best in the game in their world.   One major advantage is see right off in the mines is that both Artemis and Drizzt can see in the dark, something neither Cap or Wolverine can do.  As for the gear a single nick from Artemis dagger can not only drain the life essence from someone, but it also rejuvenates him. Healing him in a sense. His sword Charon's Claw is just as deadly. Without sufficient will and a special gauntlet (which he has that suppresses magic) it would instantly kill the wielder.  Drizzt's own swords are just as deadly. Twinkle is razor sharp, even gives off a faint blue glow when danger is near. Iceingdeath could easily freeze an arm with a simple gath, slowing their movement and allowing for them to strike once more. Drizzt also has his drow traits, calling faerie fire that could distract one of them, setting them up for a deadly strike. As well as the globe of darkness which he could place around one of them. Drizzt fights perfectly blindly as he does with his eyes open, thanks to his decades of life in the underdark and training from Mooshie a blind ranger. "
Dang, did i make it too easy?
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andferne
@Lunacyde said:
"Dang, did i make it too easy? "
Well I think for people who do not know what Drizzt and Artemis equipment is capable of, this looks like a curbstomp in cap and Wolverines favor. To me that could not be farther from the truth. Artemis would be considered peak human by their standards, he spent his entire life perfecting his art if killing and fighting. Drizzt is a fighting prodigy. Now add in their magical gear and I don't think the Marvel duo measure up. Drizzt would have low level superhuman speed with his anklets.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Andferne:
I know....I was trying to find a balance...I really wonder how Wolverine's healing factor would deal with the vampiric dagger.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andferne

That's the main IF factor I find in this fight. In a short story detailing adventures of Artemis and Jarlaxle they ran across a Shade. Being made up of shadow and magic etc. Entreri was in dire peril for a bit, but once he struck with the dagger (which is what the Shade had come for) is ran off. Artemis then found that he had absorbed part of the Shade's essence, his skin darkened a little and it is thought his life span increased with that blow. But nothing has been confirmed on that part just yet.

So one could claim that if Artemis struck Logan with the dagger, he could too gain the healing factor. If even for a short time.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Andferne said:
" @Lunacyde said:
"Dang, did i make it too easy? "
Well I think for people who do not know what Drizzt and Artemis equipment is capable of, this looks like a curbstomp in cap and Wolverines favor. To me that could not be farther from the truth. Artemis would be considered peak human by their standards, he spent his entire life perfecting his art if killing and fighting. Drizzt is a fighting prodigy. Now add in their magical gear and I don't think the Marvel duo measure up. Drizzt would have low level superhuman speed with his anklets. "
Actually I didn't know anything about it and my first impression was Drizzt and Artemis, mostly from what you and Luna have told me about them
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Andferne said:
" That's the main IF factor I find in this fight. In a short story detailing adventures of Artemis and Jarlaxle they ran across a Shade. Being made up of shadow and magic etc. Entreri was in dire peril for a bit, but once he struck with the dagger (which is what the Shade had come for) is ran off. Artemis then found that he had absorbed part of the Shade's essence, his skin darkened a little and it is thought his life span increased with that blow. But nothing has been confirmed on that part just yet.  So one could claim that if Artemis struck Logan with the dagger, he could too gain the healing factor. If even for a short time. "
Interesting.....I hadn't read that far yet obviously...I am guessing that is one of the newer novels or something?
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne
@Ferro Vida said:
"Actually I didn't know anything about it and my first impression was Drizzt and Artemis, mostly from what you and Luna have told me about them "
I'm a bit of a fanboy though. :P 
lol

@Lunacyde said:
"Interesting.....I hadn't read that far yet obviously...I am guessing that is one of the newer novels or something? "
Sadly I doubt that tale will ever reach comic version. The story appears in a collection of short stories by various artists called Realms of Shadow. The story in there by Salvatore is about Artemis and Entreri.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Andferne: Well you'd get a similar response from me if it was about Daredevil or Iron Fist xD Besides, you can actually back up your fanboy-hood.

Anyway, I need to get some sleep. Good night
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Andferne

Night man

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Ferro Vida: Hmmmm......Artemis and Drizzt vs. Daredevil and Iron Fist?

Hmmmmm.............
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Lunacyde said:
" @Ferro Vida: Hmmmm......Artemis and Drizzt vs. Daredevil and Iron Fist?  Hmmmmm............. "
You sonnuva >.< :P

Agh, bed. Now.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By czarny_samael666

Team 1.

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Argentino_18

Artemis and Drizzt Kick serious ass alone, if they team up, they could beat almost any street level hero in Marvel or DC. 
Artemis has more practice fighting against unnarmed fighers, he beated easily a high level Monk (The wife of Cadderly) and he is a master of stealth and quick killing... 
Drizzt is the ultimate swordsman...

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Andferne
@Argentino_18 said:
"Artemis has more practice fighting against unnarmed fighters, he beated easily a high level Monk (The wife of Cadderly)"
No he didn't. As I recall that fight was a lot closer than you made it seem. Danica is no slouch in fighting, even with her twin daggers. In the latest book Drizzt even makes a mental note to ask he about training.
Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Argentino_18
@Andferne said:
" @Argentino_18 said:
"Artemis has more practice fighting against unnarmed fighters, he beated easily a high level Monk (The wife of Cadderly)"
No he didn't. As I recall that fight was a lot closer than you made it seem. Danica is no slouch in fighting, even with her twin daggers. In the latest book Drizzt even makes a mental note to ask he about training. "
Jarlaxe ask Entreri, and he states he wasnt fighting at his full....
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne

And she was already injured before the fight began between them. Her leg I believe it was, been a while though since I've read that one. I don't even recall if she had her daggers during that fight. Either way Artemis does get beaten and handily so by a different Monk later down the road. In the Sellsword trilogy.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By cody1984
@Lunacyde:
Artemis killed a shade using his dagger's life stealing power like it was nothing.  His dagger heals him by consuming and destroying his victims soul healing factor doesn't prevent this because if it did he wouldn't be able to kill the shade using this ability since they have a healing factor similiar to wolverines as shown by all the Paul S. Kemp  books showing Erevis Cale who is a shade take massive beatings (like a shadow dragon stomping him repeatedly) and staying alive due to his healing factoring.    
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cody1984
@Argentino_18 said:
" @Andferne said:
" @Argentino_18 said:
No he didn't. As I recall that fight was a lot closer than you made it seem. Danica is no slouch in fighting, even with her twin daggers. In the latest book Drizzt even makes a mental note to ask he about training. "
Jarlaxe ask Entreri, and he states he wasnt fighting at his full.... "

Jaraxle asked Artemis if she would be his new rival which Entreri just shrugged not caring enough to consider the possibility even after Danica tried to give him smack saying she wasn't afraid of him even though he just saved her life. 

@Andfernesaid:

"And she was already injured before the fight began between them. Her leg I believe it was, been a while though since I've read that one. I don't even recall if she had her daggers during that fight. Either way Artemis does get beaten and handily so by a different Monk later down the road. In the Sellsword trilogy. "

Actually she wasn't injured anymore than entreri was before the fight began.  Her leg was wounded fighting two drow warriors who almost killed her.  She managed to kill one and would've been killed if Entreri didn't save her.  As far as Kane and Entreri goes Kane used magic on Entreri to incapicate him after he beat Owen.  The two didn't actually fight although Kane would've very likely won if they did battle. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:
"Actually she wasn't injured anymore than entreri was before the fight began.  Her leg was wounded fighting two drow warriors who almost killed her."
How was she still not injured? Up to that point she still had not received any healing. Magical or mundane.
Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Billdevil

I think we’re seriously underestimating the Marvels in this fight. Drizzt would make Wolverine look bad for a while but would his magic scimitars be enough to deal with his healing factor? As fast as Drizzt is could he do enough disproportional damage to keep Wolverine down, after all, Wolverine will heal, Drizzt will not. Like Drizzt, Wolverine his decades of fighting experience and very nice blades.

I’m not sure how Realms magic would match up with Marvel adamantium.

Artemis is impressive but Cap’s skills are at least equal, and Caps athleticism is superior. Again I’m not sure how the shield would match up with the magic weapons.  

The magic is an X-factor here, as is the darkness.     
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cody1984
@Billdevil said:
"

I think we’re seriously underestimating the Marvels in this fight. Drizzt would make Wolverine look bad for a while but would his magic scimitars be enough to deal with his healing factor? As fast as Drizzt is could he do enough disproportional damage to keep Wolverine down, after all, Wolverine will heal, Drizzt will not. Like Drizzt, Wolverine his decades of fighting experience and very nice blades.

I’m not sure how Realms magic would match up with Marvel adamantium.

Artemis is impressive but Cap’s skills are at least equal, and Caps athleticism is superior. Again I’m not sure how the shield would match up with the magic weapons.  

The magic is an X-factor here, as is the darkness.      "

Drizzt's weapons wouldn't beat Wolverine's healing factor Artemis weapons will though and Artemis and Drizzt are equal in fighting skill so Artemis would put wolverine down rather quickly.  The realms has something similiar to adamantium and it doesn't seem to effect there weapons when they fight against others using that material in there own weapons.  Cap is also not anywhere near the same level as Artemis and Drizzt the only thing he has on them is strength and that's not an issue for Aremis or Drizzt since they're used to fighting stronger opponents. 

@Alurvelve said:

" @cody1984 said:
"Actually she wasn't injured anymore than entreri was before the fight began.  Her leg was wounded fighting two drow warriors who almost killed her."
How was she still not injured? Up to that point she still had not received any healing. Magical or mundane. "

Neither did Entreri when they escaped the red dragon's lair and Danica didn't seem to care as she was the one who instigated the fight.  There fight got broken up when by the youngest Baenre son who Artemis killed and than proceeded to kill the last drow warrior who was about to score the killing blow on Danica. 

Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Billdevil
@cody1984:

I completely concur that the way they match up would make a difference but I’m a not sure Realms adamantium is necessarily on the same level as Marvel adamantium. In other words Wolverine’s claws can cut through “anything.” That distinction isn’t made in the Drizzt books that I have seen.

Why would you think Cap isn’t on the same level as the Realms boys? I agree strength wouldn’t be a factor, but there is more to athleticism (which is for Cap the pentacle of human perfection) than strength, and Cap is one of the best fighter in the world.

What do ya think?     

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Billdevil said:
"I completely concur that the way they match up would make a difference but I’m a not sure Realms adamantium is necessarily on the same level as Marvel adamantium. In other words Wolverine’s claws can cut through “anything.” That distinction isn’t made in the Drizzt books that I have seen."
In the realms the material, or metal is called Adamantine. There is a sword that appears frequently in the books known as Khazid'hea (Cutter). Its blade is crafted from that metal and was often referred to being extremely sharp. Even putting Twinkle to shame in that aspect. It's been shown to cut through solid stone, and other weapons. When Drizzt had to face off against King Obould the second time, while the Orc was encased in his invulnerable armor. Drizzt used this blade to even the odds.
Adamantine blades in FR were known to cut through 'anything'. Or at least mundane items, as magical weapons are the exception. Because the magic infused into the weapon also helps its durability/resistance to breaking or wear/ware.
I look at it this way. Wolverine's claws are not cutting through Thor's magically crafted hammer (made of Uru). Then I don't see them cutting through other magical items/blades unless it can be shown that he has done so.

@Billdevil said:
"Why would you think Cap isn’t on the same level as the Realms boys?"
With what we've seen from Cap (Steve) they should be pretty close in all physical aspects. imo
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cody1984

It has never been stated exactly what Drizzt's and Entreri's weapons are made out of.  Drizzt before he got his current weapons wielded two enchanted adamantine scimitars and his current weapons are suppose to be more powerful then them the same goes for Artemis since his weapons are roughly equal to Drizzt's weapons although his sword might be more powerful than Drizzt's blades.  Now Entreri has taken down stone and flesh golems with ease and since they deal about the same damage in unarmed attacks and about as durable as Frankencastle (minus the mystical gem that kept him going) which wolverine stabbed his claws through him like it was nothing Entreri was able to do the samething with his sword as well.  Not to mention the magic factor so wolverine shouldn't be able to destroy there weapons.  I would call BS if wolverine was able to destroy them since there weapons are indestructible. 

The reason why Cap doesn't get any advantage is because Drizzt and Artemis are at least peak human in ther abilities if not superhuman.  Drizzt has fought and killed  

Dantrag Baenre who used the bracers of the Blinding Strike which made his strikes pretty much bullet time level and was able to defeat him and Artemis could've done the same as well.  So Cap really has no advantage in this fight at all.  At least wolverine if going against Drizzt has his healing factor until artemis comes along. Cap has nothing but his shield and that's not going to be a factor for either Drizzt or Artemis.           

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that Charon's Claw is more potent than either Iceingdeath or Twinkle. The jeweled dagger however I would rank under them.

Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Billdevil
@Alurvelve:  Khazid'hea is out of control. Good thoughts. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By Final Arrow
@Alurvelve: Love Cutter... But it can also do more damage then good taking over the user... much like it did to Delly !
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ramtha07

@cody1984:

Personally, I really don't think Artemis' +4 Vampiric dagger (dagger of lifestealing) could keep up with Wolvie... not a chance actually. Not before Logan kills Artemis. Here's how the dagger works so there are no misconceptions; basically, when critically hit (needs to land a critical - so not every hit even deals the effect), the character must make a saving throw (based on Fortitude - Logan's bonus to Fortitude would be off the charts) or gain one negative level... this is the 'life' he loses... not hit points.  The weilder would then gain 1d6 temporary hit points. In high level battles, this ain't that great. These are the stats of the dagger in question. Logan is in 0 danger here I'm afraid (even were he to lose a level or two during a long, drawn out battle).

Charon's Claw is more worrisome... but Logan gets a fortitude save against disintigration as well. But again, Artemis MUST land a critical hit for this to even take effect... odds are definitely in Logan's favor here again (even assuming same to similar character levels).

Additionally, no ring of regeneration or regenerative abilities in the D&D world show feats equivalent to Logan's healing factor (regenerating a new face in a few panels comes to mind... ). The high level spell comes closer... but still misses the mark (and this is limited to one tick per character level). The Marvel feats kick the pants off the D&D feats.

Logan eviscerrates Artemis then helps the good Captain finish Drizzt. With his shield and dexterity, Steve's AC would be off the charts making it near impossible to land telling blows... he'd hold Drizzt off long enough.

Wolverine and Captain America takes this 9/10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ramtha07: I would take into context how the weapons operate in the Novels. More than how the D&D game mechanics function. Even more so when you take into count that Mr Salvatore (creator and author of said characters) has nothing to do with their write ups, or what gear they give them.

@Final Arrow:
  Yes but Delly was a weak willed winch. So I would hope any intelligence sword could overcome her. Catti-brie was able to control the sword, as well as Drizzt. Dantrag as well but to a lesser extent since his mind set was similar to the swords. Even the swords current owner (another drow) has showed sufficient will to not succumb to the blade.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ramtha07

@Alurvelve:
Agreed... but given the cross dimensional/content material referentials, how else would you suggest we compare feats?

Who in the D&D universe, outside of gods and (possibly) demi-gods, throw around mountains? Hulk does... and he has to literally pound the crap out of Wolverine just to knock him unconscious. And Artemis is supposed to take Logan out??

Don't buy it. Love the characters in the D&D universe, but most Marvel A listers would take them out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ramtha07: Hulk 'throwing around mountains' is a little misleading. But to answer the question. Outside of Demi-Gods and Gods.
Dragons for starters, which Drizzt has faced off against on a number of occasions. In fact he has battled a super powered Dracolich. Which is an extremely powered undead dragon. Ertuu as well could most likely chunk around things.

Either way it does not matter. Because blunt force trauma is not how Drizzt, or Artemis would take out Wolverine. Both of them are quite capable of delivering sufficient wounds with their blades to take him out.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ramtha07

@Alurvelve:
Sorry, but even Ancient Dragons cannot move entire mountains. False. Far, far from it.

And besides, the white dragon both Wulfgar and Drizzt faced... was far from and ancient white. An ice stalagmite dropped from Wulgar's hammer killed that drake. Logan would brush that off immediately and be up and at em one pannel later.

And you're acting as though Logan and Cap are going to be bending over and saying thank you while Drizzt and Artemis have at em. Sure, given the chance, the duo could do enough damage to Wolverine to <possibly> KO him. But Logan would have to resist the urge to fight back. Logan hits Drizzt once and he's dead (if you're not fond of using D&D rules then this is how that plays out).

No way Drizzt and Artemis win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ramtha07: Still going to disagree. Let's take Klauth for example, and use the the D&D statistics since you used them earlier for representation.
Klauth is shown to be a Colossal great wyrm red dragon, with a strength score of 45. Going through the 3rd edition charts for carrying and lifting capacity he is capable of moving around 200 tons. So yes a red dragon could contend with numerous 'strength' feats that Hulk has pulled off.
Either way none of this matters as it does not have a bearing on this fight. Wolverine has taken hits from Hulk you say? Well he has also taken hits from people lesser and been knocked around. You can't just blindly take their highest tier feats and use them. But use the consistent ones.

@Ramtha07 said:
"And besides, the white dragon both Wulfgar and Drizzt faced... was far from and ancient white."
Yes Ingeloakastimizilian was an ancient white dragon. Iceingdeath 'size' wise was a Gargantuan creature. His miniature statistics (and figurine) even support this.

@Ramtha07 said:
"And you're acting as though Logan and Cap are going to be bending over and saying thank you while Drizzt and Artemis have at em. "
No I am not. Only comments I've made towards you for this encounter so far are to correct facts.
Personally I believe the fight can go either way. But with them (Artemis and Drizzt) having access to all their standard gear makes me give them the majority. Four blades that are extremely dangerous. Drizzt also has magical bracers that heighten his speed/movement. Not only does he have mithral armor for protection. But also a magical spider-silk shirt, which his own magical blades could not penetrate.

@Ramtha07 said:
"Logan hits Drizzt once and he's dead."
The same can be said for anyone in this fight. One fatal strike could end this for any participants. As I pointed out above Wolverine would need more than just one lucky blow to end this fight, and to get past Drizzt's defenses.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ramtha07

@Alurvelve:
A mountain... 200 tons... a mountain... 200 tons... what is wrong with this equation? Only that a mountain would weigh, minimum, billions and billions of tons.

And all I have to say, really, to finish this argument, is that you said one fatal strike would finish Logan... and which fatal strike would that be perchance? Drizzt's scimitar across his jugular? You would call that fatal to the Wolverine???

He's been riddled with bullets, blown up by Nitro till nothing was left but his skeleton, and still, he ain't dead. A slit throat wouldn't even KO him. And a slit throat is all the real damage Drizzt or Artemis could inflict.

Wolverine dodges bullets. He is easily as fast as Drizzt with a 20 to dexterity. Getting past his defenses would be child's play compared to tagging Spiderman or Quicksilver (he has done both).

Not yet impressed... Wolverine and Captain America win. Wolverine solos if'n he felt so inclined.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ramtha07: And as I said. Instead of just using a character's high end feats. Factor in their more common ones that are consistent. Either way this has nothing to do with this topic as the Hulk is not involved. I would pick a red great wyrm dragon over Hulk any day of the week.

Again using a character's high end feats does not equate where they are at. As I have mentioned and as Wolverine has shown in his career, he has been taken down by less.

@Ramtha07 said:
"Wolverine solos if'n he felt so inclined."
No chance at all of that ever happening.

When has Wolverine's claws cut through a magical garment, or item? Show me this and then we can begin to discuss him getting passed Drizz't spider-silk shirt.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ramtha07

@Alurvelve:
Um... OK... Wolverine has consistently taken blows from the Hulk... is that better? And Hulk is relevant as it gives a just barometer as to how much damage Wolverine has consistently soaked up before being KO'd let alone put down in any semblance of a permanent fashion. Repeated use of the word consistent to show that Logan has had consistent high end showings. We are talking about modern 616 Logan are we not? I can only assume this is so, as the OP did not specify otherwise... and the modern day 616 Logan took a beating by WWHulk and was up again minutes later.

But let's avoid blunt trauma beatings, bleed closer to what Drizzt is about, and look at Silver Samurai's mutant ability... channels a 'tachyon' field around his sword enabling it to cut through anything... except adamantium. He has cut into Logan's throat, impaled him through the trunk, all in one fight, and still Logan didn't fall - he lasted more than long enough to dismantle the Silver Samurai, compassionately not killing him and showing all what it is to go hand to hand against someone who has a healing factor when you do not.

And I really don't need to point out an instance where Logan cuts through 'magical' garments. This is irrelevant (though I believe his adamantium would do so as Mjolnir, Thor's magical hammer, cannot even damage grade 2 adamantium). In any case, quick question... does Drizzt wear a helmet? Does his 'garment' cover his neck? Does his garment cover extremities? See Logan cut off Deadpools hands/fingers? See Logan cut off Sabretooth's head? See him cut out Hulk's eyes? (Hulk is fast enough to outrace 100 mile an hour vehicles... he ain't slow so it is also a speed feat). Hulk and Deadpool can grow them back. Can Drizzt?

Again, Wolverine solos.

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ramtha07

@Alurvelve:
Just registered the Great Red Dragon crushing Hulk comment...  for the record, World War Hulk, or even Savage Hulk,  would absolutely demolish a Great Red Dragon.

He laughs at 200 peasly tons. Walks straight through Cyclops' full powered optic blasts (that could wipe out cityscapes and punch holes through mountains), brushes off Xavier's strongest TP assaults (how do magical mental/fear/stun/charm attacks compare), wades through lava and walks away from the center of a nuclear blast ... seriously, what could even a colossal red do to Hulk? Swallow him whole and wait while Hulk tears through his innards?

Might make an interesting new thread though...

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andferne
@Ramtha07: You are aware that in D&D dragons are not just mindless beats like they are portrayed in movies. A dragon of that age is also a potent sorcerer.
Klauth or any other Great wyrm from d&d would slaughter Hulk.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ramtha07

@Andferne:
I am very much aware... which is why I posted Hulk's resistance to energy attacks, breath attacks, mind attacks (from the greatest TP in Marvel no less) ...

Aa greater worm would in no way slaughter the Hulk. Hulk laughs at puny magics... he has the feats, in abundence, to prove it.

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ramtha07

@Andferne:
... and seriously, you're essentially saying that Drizzt can do what the Hulk couldn't do? Even Brunor battered down a great Black Wyrm ... high level D&D characters and groups face these beasts regularily (in epic campaigns). None of these characters (or groups) have the combined durability, power, strength or resistances of Hulk. Again, Hulk, the World Breaker, destroys cities, survives nuclear blasts, goes toe to toe with GODS... not impressive at all... really??

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By theicon

stalemate  all 4 are too good

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Andferne
@Ramtha07: In a world where all of what you just mentioned is common place. No it is not impressive.

@Ramtha07 said:
"Even Brunor battered down a great Black Wyrm ... "
Also Shimmergloom, the dragon Bruenor 'rode' down on with exploding barrels. Was a Shadow dragon, not a black dragon.
There's a big difference.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ramtha07

@theicon:
How do Drizzt and Artemis stalemate Wolverine and Captain America (or vice versa if you prefer).

No stalemate to be had here... ridiculous.