• 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have 1 day of prep time before facing each other to death!!!!!!

#3 Posted by MrDirector786 (43616 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Dr. Doom.

#4 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

dr. manhattan, the worlds smartest man is no greater threat than the worlds smartest termite to him

#5 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
dreadmaster said:
"dr. manhattan, the worlds smartest man is no greater threat than the worlds smartest termite to him"
But that smart guy didn't have the resources that Doom has in the Marvel U. Doom once stole the Surfer's, Galactus and even the Beyonders powers.
#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom uses time machine FTW.

#7 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Doom uses time machine FTW."
yarp
#8 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Doom uses time machine FTW."
There you go!
#9 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom turns Dr Manhattan back in Dr Jon, snaps his neck like a toothpick

Dr. Doom murder stomp

#10 Posted by Sleuth (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom ftw

#11 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom in a rapestomp , since this battle involves prep .

#12 Posted by King Saturn (224502 posts) - - Show Bio
Doom with Prep Time could win here
#13 Posted by wolfmaster77 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

doom

#14 Posted by Bo88gdan (4422 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Doom with Prep Time could win here
#15 Posted by comicace3 (6114 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOM

#16 Posted by SpectroRaphael (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! It seems that everyone forgot that Manhattan has the same prep time here & can see into the future. He can basically see anything that Doom could possibly do & be ready for it. Manhattan takes this too easily.

#17 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadmaster said:

dr. manhattan, the worlds smartest man is no greater threat than the worlds smartest termite to him

couldnt say better myself

#18 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpectroRaphael said:

Wow! It seems that everyone forgot that Manhattan has the same prep time here & can see into the future. He can basically see anything that Doom could possibly do & be ready for it. Manhattan takes this too easily.

Tachyons, particles that are theorized to move so fast that they can travel backwards through time, blind Dr. Manhattan. Dr. Doom could take advantage of that.

Essentially, everything tells me Manhattan should win, but when its a character who has literally overcome the Classic Beyonder with prep (right after taking down Galactus), all bets are off. He essentially has PIS powers.

Dr. Doom.

#19 Posted by SpectroRaphael (160 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:Sure, but without PIS is this even worth a battle? Manhattan is prevented from seeing the past, but not the future. He can see anything that Doom is going to do. Plus Doom does not know that tachyons affect Manhattan.

People also seem to forget that Doom was only able to steal so many powerful characters' powers because he had prep time but they did not. In this battle, BOTH of them have prep time! Manhattan should be able to dismantle anything Doom brings to the table because he will be able to see it ahead of time.

#20 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpectroRaphael said:

@deaditegonzo:Sure, but without PIS is this even worth a battle? Manhattan is prevented from seeing the past, but not the future. He can see anything that Doom is going to do. Plus Doom does not know that tachyons affect Manhattan.

People also seem to forget that Doom was only able to steal so many powerful characters' powers because he had prep time but they did not. In this battle, BOTH of them have prep time! Manhattan should be able to dismantle anything Doom brings to the table because he will be able to see it ahead of time.

What am saying is, if Dr. Doom creates a sufficiently powerful atomic explosion at the time of their actual confrontation, tachyons would as a result be shot backwards through time at that point, effectively blinding Manhattan to the future from the day of their battle backwards. Thats why he didnt know what Ozymandias was up to, because on the day he set off the bombs, tachyons were sent backwards through the time stream.

But youre right, Dr. Doom may or may not know about that weakness. I imagine he could guess at it though.

But no, without PIS this isnt a fight, but like I said, PIS is pretty much one of his canon abilities.

#21 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5155 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is always Doom!

#22 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan stomps Dr. Doom..........real hard.

#23 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpectroRaphael said:

Wow! It seems that everyone forgot that Manhattan has the same prep time here & can see into the future. He can basically see anything that Doom could possibly do & be ready for it. Manhattan takes this too easily.

#24 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins this

#25 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just silly. The notion that Dr. Doom wins any battle that involves prep, simply because it involves prep, is a no limits fallacy. The situations concerning how Dr. Doom has beat more powerful characters always involves PIS, which, by default, is turned off in comicvine battles. One instance where Dr. Doom stole Galactus's power, it was because he just happened to find it lying around somewhere, IIRC, another time Doom stole Galactus's power because he had a cosmic cube. These Dr. Doom prep threads are just starting to become ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where people don't even put forth plausible arguments for how Dr. Doom would win, they just repeat ad nauseum that he will "find a way."

#26 Posted by Wyldsong (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpectroRaphael said:

@deaditegonzo:Manhattan is prevented from seeing the past, but not the future. He can see anything that Doom is going to do.

Let's clarify -- Manhattan doesn't just see the future. He lives all moments of his life at once since his transformation. Morals off (thanks to new intel gained from Before Watchmen Manhattan), then this would be a helpful ability. But, since morals weren't clarified, then by standard forum rules, they are in their normal character/personality, hence morals on. The one time Manhattan changed something to his benefit, he fractured the time stream and brought about the end of the world. He is a creature of order (as shown by his history/personality) and set about fixing what he broke, hence the explanation of his being a slave to predetermination as laid out in the original Watchmen series. He won't change what is to happen, because it is not within his morals/personality/character and he risks bringing about an end to things by doing so.

We can further argue that he has even lost this particular ability at the end of the original Watchmen series after the tachyon incident. Before when he spoke of events, he spoke with a certainty, having lived these events. Yet after that, not so much (perhaps he will create some life instead of already knowing?). I think at the end of the series, he was freed from his bonds of how he affects time, but the only way for that to happen is to lose that ability. Anyhow, that part is just a theory and not to be taken as gospel.

#27 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

This is just silly. The notion that Dr. Doom wins any battle that involves prep, simply because it involves prep, is a no limits fallacy. The situations concerning how Dr. Doom has beat more powerful characters always involves PIS, which, by default, is turned off in comicvine battles. One instance where Dr. Doom stole Galactus's power, it was because he just happened to find it lying around somewhere, IIRC, another time Doom stole Galactus's power because he had a cosmic cube. These Dr. Doom prep threads are just starting to become ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where people don't even put forth plausible arguments for how Dr. Doom would win, they just repeat ad nauseum that he will "find a way."

He stole Galactus' power in Secret Wars, and because he knew there was some sort of device on Galactus' ship that could siphon his power. He then took that power, and stole the Beyonders. Thats just what Doom does. But it is PIS.

#28 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom would steal his power.

#29 Posted by Archeit (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong said:

@SpectroRaphael said:

@deaditegonzo:Manhattan is prevented from seeing the past, but not the future. He can see anything that Doom is going to do.

Let's clarify -- Manhattan doesn't just see the future. He lives all moments of his life at once since his transformation. Morals off (thanks to new intel gained from Before Watchmen Manhattan), then this would be a helpful ability. But, since morals weren't clarified, then by standard forum rules, they are in their normal character/personality, hence morals on. The one time Manhattan changed something to his benefit, he fractured the time stream and brought about the end of the world. He is a creature of order (as shown by his history/personality) and set about fixing what he broke, hence the explanation of his being a slave to predetermination as laid out in the original Watchmen series. He won't change what is to happen, because it is not within his morals/personality/character and he risks bringing about an end to things by doing so.

We can further argue that he has even lost this particular ability at the end of the original Watchmen series after the tachyon incident. Before when he spoke of events, he spoke with a certainty, having lived these events. Yet after that, not so much (perhaps he will create some life instead of already knowing?). I think at the end of the series, he was freed from his bonds of how he affects time, but the only way for that to happen is to lose that ability. Anyhow, that part is just a theory and not to be taken as gospel.

AHA! Yes indeed! And if he has lost that ability he must also have lost the ability to split reality and therefore he now is unbeatable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF

or he still split reality but he doesn't know wtf will happen.

IF!

#30 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan

#31 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Doom is kinda cheap lol but he wins nonetheless

#32 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom got the magic in him (literally).

#33 Posted by Deformity (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlike Ozymandias, Doom has access to HIGH LEVEL arcane magic and technology.. Just ask Galactus how badass Doom can be when he puts his mind to it. With prep, Victor Von Doom is damn near unstoppable

#34 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins, he has beaten beings far more powerful than dr manhattan (with prep of course)

#35 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom.

Online
#36 Posted by dondave (38632 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Doom due to prep

#37 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2644 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom. He took out Silver Surfer once and stole his powers, same principle here. The only reason Manhattan seemed so powerful was because he was the ONLY powered superhero in Watchmen

#38 Posted by Dextersinister (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: @Deformity: In all those scenario's they didn't have prep and he also had the element of surprise, he would have died to both the Surfer and Galactus if they where aware he was after them never mind the prep.

#39 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

As usual, with prep, Wins...

No prep, Loses.....

A simple answer for a battle between a smart guy and a powerful guy....

#40 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18961 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

As usual, with prep, Wins...

No prep, Loses.....

A simple answer for a battle between a smart guy and a powerful guy....

XD yes. He'll definitely need a huge prep here. Ozy needed 1 year and all he managed was just to hinder Dr. featless for moments. (And got owned for it)

Online
#41 Posted by CampodelViolin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

This is just silly. The notion that Dr. Doom wins any battle that involves prep, simply because it involves prep, is a no limits fallacy. The situations concerning how Dr. Doom has beat more powerful characters always involves PIS, which, by default, is turned off in comicvine battles. One instance where Dr. Doom stole Galactus's power, it was because he just happened to find it lying around somewhere, IIRC, another time Doom stole Galactus's power because he had a cosmic cube. These Dr. Doom prep threads are just starting to become ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where people don't even put forth plausible arguments for how Dr. Doom would win, they just repeat ad nauseum that he will "find a way."

^ this.

And jeez, it's just one day of prep... Manhattan should win here.

#42 Posted by Manhunter_Prime (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is perfectly plausible that Doom could find a way to take away Manhattan's ability to perceive his future and Doom's prep. Doom would quickly recognize the Cherenkov radiation that Manhattan gives off and devise a way to create tachyon interference. Within a day's time, it is a stretch; but let's say that he can do it.

What in Doom's arsenal gives him the chance to strike a decisive or fatal blow against Manhattan? I just don't see what Doom can do that can hurt Manhattan or that Manhattan, a brilliant scientist in his own right, cannot anticipate.

#43 Edited by Wyldsong (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manhunter_Prime said:

I think it is perfectly plausible that Doom could find a way to take away Manhattan's ability to perceive his future and Doom's prep. Doom would quickly recognize the Cherenkov radiation that Manhattan gives off and devise a way to create tachyon interference. Within a day's time, it is a stretch; but let's say that he can do it.

What in Doom's arsenal gives him the chance to strike a decisive or fatal blow against Manhattan? I just don't see what Doom can do that can hurt Manhattan or that Manhattan, a brilliant scientist in his own right, cannot anticipate.

Two things on this:

1) Manhattan's unique position in the timeline is useless in any battle thread. While I agree that Manhattan could possibly find a way disrupt it, it is really, really useless for Manhattan regardless.

2) With the way Watchmen and Before Watchmen Manhattan ended, it looks like that ability was stripped away regardless.

Anyhow, more intel on the blog discussing Manhattan: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/wyldsong/dr-manhattan-the-truth-behind-the-feats-aka-why-so-blue/87-61001/

Beyond that, Doom is basically a combination of Iron Man, Dr. Strange, and Reed Richards. He has magic and tech at his disposal, and apparently he even has the tech to drain a Celestial's powers (if I can find the scan where he discusses, I'll show it). The biggest thing he has that Manhattan will not be ready to contend with is magic.

#44 Edited by Wyldsong (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

As usual, with prep, Wins...

No prep, Loses.....

A simple answer for a battle between a smart guy and a powerful guy....

XD yes. He'll definitely need a huge prep here. Ozy needed 1 year and all he managed was just to hinder Dr. featless for moments. (And got owned for it)

Ozy really didn't get owned though. He succeeded in his plan (and was prepared to die for it), and Manhattan saw the truth of it. If you read Before Watchmen Manhattan, you actually get to see the point where Ozy starts the process and tricks Manhattan to set his plans into motion. Now, don't get me wrong, had Manhattan wanted to obliterate Ozy, he could have, but he really didn't see any point in it, it seems, after hearing the truth of Ozy's plan. Ozy won, and would have won regardless of whatever Manhattan had chosen to do to him.

#45 Posted by Manhunter_Prime (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong: Fair point about Manhattan and his relationship with time.

I am aware of Doom's power, and I agree in that magic is something that Manhattan will have the most trouble with. But I still maintain that Manhattan's own power set gives him more than enough of an advantage over Doom. And I don't think that one day is enough for Doom to devise a new strategy or tech for Manhattan.

#46 Posted by Wyldsong (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manhunter_Prime said:

@Wyldsong: Fair point about Manhattan and his relationship with time.

I am aware of Doom's power, and I agree in that magic is something that Manhattan will have the most trouble with. But I still maintain that Manhattan's own power set gives him more than enough of an advantage over Doom. And I don't think that one day is enough for Doom to devise a new strategy or tech for Manhattan.

I disagree based on what Doom has accomplished in the past, but hey, we all are not going to agree on this site=) I mainly posted what I posted to clarify the time thing, not to debate you down or anything=)

#47 Posted by henryarguelles73 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom, easily.

#48 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@StrongestOneThereIs said:

dreadmaster said:
"dr. manhattan, the worlds smartest man is no greater threat than the worlds smartest termite to him"
But that smart guy didn't have the resources that Doom has in the Marvel U. Doom once stole the Surfer's, Galactus and even the Beyonders powers.

This ^

#49 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@StrongestOneThereIs said:

dreadmaster said:
"dr. manhattan, the worlds smartest man is no greater threat than the worlds smartest termite to him"
But that smart guy didn't have the resources that Doom has in the Marvel U. Doom once stole the Surfer's, Galactus and even the Beyonders powers.

Putting his Beyonder feat into context makes it much less admirable. All he really did was simply siphon energy. If it wasn't for Galactus the feat would not have been possible.

#50 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

As usual, with prep, Wins...

No prep, Loses.....

A simple answer for a battle between a smart guy and a powerful guy....

XD yes. He'll definitely need a huge prep here. Ozy needed 1 year and all he managed was just to hinder Dr. featless for moments. (And got owned for it)

LoL....But that's Ozy....now this is Doom we're talking about...he is far more ruthless and Smarter than Ozy by a mile....

He has better prep feats, that puts Ozy into shame. eg: Stealing Beyonder powers, Beating Galactus, beat the Fantastics Four which has the smartest Man of MU....and constantly humiliate the whole MU.