• 50 results
#1 Posted by larryman296 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax the Destroyer vs Ben Grimm of the Fantastic Four in an all out brawl. Random encounter.

Restrictions: No BFRs, no special equipment (Drax can use his two knives),

State of mind: Bloodlusted

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax is significantly weaker than the Thing as far as I know.He's a way better fighter but I don't know if it will help.

#3 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Drax get powered down or something?

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@BringnIt said:

Did Drax get powered down or something?

Yes.
#5 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: To what extent?

#6 Posted by KingUranus (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is rock hard and Drax is gangreen.

#7 Posted by Greendevil (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax ftw!

#8 Posted by KingUranus (218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil said:

Drax ftw!

Thanos gave his heart to him. <3
#9 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil said:

Drax ftw!

Drax is Thanos kryptonite. That's outside of his normal range of strength otherwise.

#10 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax stands around 60 tons in terms of strength, he is no longer the 100+ tonner he once was. thing is about 90 tons and under stress can . Drax is a better fighter, thing has great endurance and durability So it is close, i give it to Drax

#11 Posted by Greendevil (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

@crackerjack82: Agreed...what Drax lacks in power, he makes up with fighting ability / combat skills and just pure ruthlessness,

Drax is the meaner, stronger, cooler version of Riddick. Imo Drax blinds Thing via knives to the eyes, and proceeds to hack Things head until rock is nothing but dust!

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@crackerjack82 said:

Drax stands around 60 tons in terms of strength, he is no longer the 100+ tonner he once was. thing is about 90 tons and under stress can . Drax is a better fighter, thing has great endurance and durability So it is close, i give it to Drax

The Thing has been class 100 for years now. 
Also where are you getting that Drax has greater durability? 
#13 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@crackerjack82 said:

The Thing has been class 100 for years now. Also where are you getting that Drax has greater durability?

Please re-read what i said, i said drax is the better fighter

#14 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.
#15 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben.

#16 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax, but:
a)Thnaos fight don't count
b)thanks to his knifes and dark aura. 

It will be hard fight, but 60 tons should give him a chance to take some of Things blows and counter them with his knifes.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@crackerjack82 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@crackerjack82 said:

The Thing has been class 100 for years now. Also where are you getting that Drax has greater durability?

Please re-read what i said, i said drax is the better fighter

I didn't read it right but what you're saying still doesn't make any sense.Drax is like a level 4 by Marvel standards at best in combat.Not too far away from the Thing.So how can someone who takes punches from the Hulk lose to someone who is only (as you believe) class 60 because of a slight advantage in fighting skill? 

@czarny_samael666 said:
Drax, but: a)Thnaos fight don't count b)thanks to his knifes and dark aura.   It will be hard fight, but 60 tons should give him a chance to take some of Things blows and counter them with his knifes.
If the Thanos fight doesn't count than nothing Drax has done since his evolution into his current form is mentionable against the Thing as he's done nothing that suggests he's a valid threat to Ben.
#18 Posted by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing.
BB

#19 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a pretty cool fight, how strong is Drax though?

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil said:

@crackerjack82: Agreed...what Drax lacks in power, he makes up with fighting ability / combat skills and just pure ruthlessness,

Drax is the meaner, stronger, cooler version of Riddick. Imo Drax blinds Thing via knives to the eyes, and proceeds to hack Things head until rock is nothing but dust!

Take notice that Drax doesn't fight anyone or anything here that is remotely skilled.What makes you think he can cut through the Thing's hide? Or get a blade in his eyes? The Thing is alot better in combat and alot more intelligent than anyone is giving him credit for here.
#21 Posted by Greendevil (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax is more agile/faster than thing. He is also a stone cold killer with next zero morals lol. Thing is the stronger of the two. But imo Drax puts him down!

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

There is really no reason why the Thing can't win.

#23 Posted by Greendevil (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Greendevil said:

Take notice that Drax doesn't fight anyone or anything here that is remotely skilled.What makes you think he can cut through the Thing's hide? Or get a blade in his eyes? The Thing is alot better in combat and alot more intelligent than anyone is giving him credit for here.

He took out a 3 of the luminals singlehandedly.

#24 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

thing

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Greendevil said:

He took out a 3 of the luminals singlehandedly.

And?
#26 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#27 Edited by comic_book_fan (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing has beaten the destroyer granted that was mostly because galactus didn't want to let ben distract him but even when galactus was had the destroyer fight back ben held his own.he has traded punches hyperion thor and gladiator and beat 4 kree century robots and it usually takes a small avengers team to beat one of them.

he wins this.

#28 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

drax

#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax decapitated Lunat!k. Strength isn't everything.

I say Drax's knives give him the win. The dude is fast and ruthless with them.

#30 Posted by KingOfAsh (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when has Thing shown Herald+ level feats? Drax stomps.

#31 Posted by dondave (34266 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax put's his Anti-Matter greande on Ben's chest

#32 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax

#33 Edited by tparks (4285 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash said:

Since when has Thing shown Herald+ level feats? Drax stomps.

I'm assuming this is current Drax, not flying energy projection huge bulky Drax on steroids.

Anyways, this would be a great fight. If Drax gets to bring weapons with him, he wins 8/10. If he just has his knives, then I think it's 5-6/10.

#34 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax.

#35 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

He killed Lunat!k. Seriously.

#36 Edited by RetconCrisis (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda hate how much they nerfed Drax. Still think he wins though.

#37 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

He sliced off Lunat!k's head and sent him to Mephisto!

#38 Edited by New_World_Order (12455 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Drax taking it

#39 Posted by KingOfAsh (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Drax is a being created for the purpose of killing Thanos, and can punch right though his chest (the same Thanos that can take punches from Thing, Hulk and Hercules simulatiniously). Drax wins 10/10.

#40 Edited by HellionVulcan (3622 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan said:

the thing has beaten the destroyer granted that was mostly because galactus didn't want to let ben distract him but even when galactus was had the destroyer fight back ben held his own.he has traded punches hyperion thor and gladiator and beat 4 kree century robots and it usually takes a small avengers team to beat one of them.

he wins this.

I believe every time Gladiator & the Thing have met Gladiator has one shot him as Drax could fight anyone the Thing has as they'd both still lose .

@dondave said:

Drax put's his Anti-Matter greande on Ben's chest

No special equipment allowed as that would be a cheap way to win lol .

I think is Drax fights smart he can take it but if he gets ground & pounded he loses .

#42 Posted by KingOfAsh (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

What the Hell has Thing done to put him above someone who beats up Heralds for practice and rips the heart out of a low skyfather being?

#43 Posted by tparks (4285 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Drax is a being created for the purpose of killing Thanos, and can punch right though his chest (the same Thanos that can take punches from Thing, Hulk and Hercules simulatiniously). Drax wins 10/10.

That's only because his sole purpose in life is killing Thanos. That pretty much is his main super power, that he can kill Thanos. Against anyone else, he is right around a Thing level. I love Drax and all of the Guardians, but he is not the cosmic being he used to be.

#44 Posted by KingOfAsh (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Except, you know, Silver Surfer. Who he can stop the board of so it cannot move and fight with him through the Sun (which, I remind, would kill Thing), destroy planets and even ripped the core out of a star.

#45 Posted by tparks (4285 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: Drax has never fought Silver Surfer in his current form though.

#46 Posted by comic_book_fan (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing wins

#47 Posted by _Goliath_ (662 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, why are they at a playground?

#48 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

What the Hell has Thing done to put him above someone who beats up Heralds for practice and rips the heart out of a low skyfather being?

Which Heralds did modern Drax beat up "for practice"? In Annihilation Conquest he got owned by Nova.

#49 Posted by KingOfAsh (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@kingofash: Drax has never fought Silver Surfer in his current form though.

When does the OP say it's their current form? Even if they don't have many feats at the moment, somone like Silver Surfer or Drax isn't suddenly going to become street-level because they haven't done much in the last big event.

@freefa11 said:

@kingofash said:

Which Heralds did modern Drax beat up "for practice"? In Annihilation Conquest he got owned by Nova.

Nova who can fight for months without resting, can create wormholes/maniuplate gravity, absorb energy and has at least planetary destructive capacity. Even if Nova isn't Herald level, he's still much stronger than Thing.

#50 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (4548 posts) - - Show Bio