Drax the Destroyer vs Winter Soldier (Movie versions)

• 125 results
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@teerack said:

I think Drax wins because his reflexes are just too quick.

No Caption Provided

You win. I can't argue with that.

@frozen said:

@risingbean: Ronan punched him through metal walls. That's more than Bucky tanked.

Drax takes this in a walk.

Did he? I dunno. I'd still question if he can handle slashing damage. But I'll concede until we have more feats for him based on Teerack's spot on argument.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52 Lunacyde  Moderator

Bucky is far more skilled, but Drax is hella durable.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By frozen  Moderator

To be fair, Drax's skill doesn't seem to be far from Red Skull's skill.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Lunacyde  Moderator

@frozen said:

To be fair, Drax's skill doesn't seem to be far from Red Skull's skill.

Which really wasn't anything close to Cap or Bucky's skilled level in WS.

I agree Drax wins, but it's on physicals alone.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lunacyde: Well, if the game TFA counts as canon, it was suggested Cap's skill was always at T.W.S level but to be fair, there was a massive difference in fight choreography so he clearly learned new martial-arts after The Avengers.

Anyways, yes I agree with you that Drax wins on physicals.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@i_like_swords: And while Bucky is doing that, Drax is ripping him apart.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax's skill level.

He wasn't a dancing ninja in the movie, but there were a couple shots that demonstrate a high level of skill. One of the first moves he pulls in the movie is to leap over a person's head and do a double scisors kick on some guys.

I think this is when he disarmed the guards and tossed the gun to Rocket?

Can anyone confirm?

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, i believe the strength will be a big factor as it was through grappling that Cap beat bucky in the helicarrier.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@fortified_hooligan said:

Drax's skill level.

He wasn't a dancing ninja in the movie, but there were a couple shots that demonstrate a high level of skill. One of the first moves he pulls in the movie is to leap over a person's head and do a double scisors kick on some guys.

I think this is when he disarmed the guards and tossed the gun to Rocket?

Can anyone confirm?

Correct.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Close battle. That said, Drax has demonstrated notable ability with said weapon. His strength I think slightly exceeds Bucky's, and his durability clearly exceeds Bucky's. That said he was nearly killed a couple of times in GotG, but those foes were far beyond Bucky. I'd say Drax 6/10. Take away the knives, and it's Drax 9/10.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure why people are thinking that knives being included in the fight favors bucky.

Drax was OBSESSED with knives in the movie. I actually had Drax pegged as a brawler in the previews, but he was all about the knife fighting.

That's his primary weapon of choice...

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drax

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ends in sex?

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax has blunt force tankabity to some degreee but no slashing or piercing tankability. Ws is faster more skilled and easily capable of taking down drax.

Soon as a movie come out everyine wanks those characters. Drax was somewhat laughable strength and skill wise in that movie.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Bucky is far more skilled, but I think Drax can take this based on physicals alone.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, how are bullets ineffective, yet knives are?

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By hirev_starman

Drax the animal for the win here

danielhudson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: basically there is no way in hell that drax could lose. He was created for the soal purpose of destroying thanos who is the badest of the bad. I believe the movie was inaccurate because there is no way ronin could even harm drax when drax has gone head to head with thanos and one of there fight actually iradicated a planet. Ronin wouldn't touch drax and neither could Bucky Barnes who is defeated by cap in many comics let's face it it's a hands down win for drax no matter what he does and if he can't beat him because he's too fast he would just destroy the planet therefor the atmosphere and if that happened winter soldier would just die of no air... Drax is a tank nothing can beat him accept ofc thanos who I believe to be one of the strongest and undefeated villains of all times drax is the only person to ever kill him and when he did mistress death just brought him back. Drax would woooop the winter soldier into a puddle of sludge

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky wins easily .

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax would win

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WS .

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Drax this weak.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4 said:

How is Drax this weak.

He isn't weak , but he was shown to be vulnerable to sharp objects .

Bucky is an expert with the knife and he is way too fast for drax to tag him .

Drax dies with several stabs in his body .

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By those_eyes

@frisky4 said:

How is Drax this weak.

Idk but marvel made all of the guardians of the galaxy fairly weak in general. Imagine when they have infinity wars that they will have gotg interact with the avengers so they can fight thanos. At first we know they are not going to get along and will fight each other but how on earth are they even going to make the guardians seem even comparable to the avengers when iron man could solo them? Imagine them going to have groot fight hulk, drax fight thor, rocket fight iron man, starlord fight captain america and probably iron man, gamora fight black widow, etc. Its not just going to work unless the guardians get a boost in feats and power. I can understand that the avengers are going to be considered more powerful in general but there is too big of a gap currently speaking to even think Gotg can be much of help to the Avengers.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4 said:

How is Drax this weak.

Idk but marvel made all of the guardians of the galaxy fairly weak in general. Imagine when they have infinity wars that they will have gotg interact with the avengers so they can fight thanos. At first we know they are not going to get along and will fight each other but how on earth are they even going to make the guardians seem even comparable to the avengers when iron man could solo them? Imagine them going to have groot fight hulk, drax fight thor, rocket fight iron man, starlord fight captain america and probably iron man, gamora fight black widow, etc. Its not just going to work unless the guardians get a boost in feats and power. I can understand that the avengers are going to be considered more powerful in general but there is too big of a gap currently speaking to even think Gotg can be much of help to the Avengers.

IIRC , wasn't it stated that GOTG will never meet the avengers?

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Namor_Curry

Realistically, Drax's best strength feat was ripping apart that flying robot during the prison escape. Bucky ripped a steering wheel and it's gears off a car. Both are basically equal in my mind. Drax's fighting style has shown to be more of a slow durable grappler while the Winter Soldier has a quicker, more agile fighting style with a higher striking count per unit of time. Being that their strength is equal and Bucky has the higher striking count to cancel out Drax's durability, it comes down to speed. And with that, the Winter Soldier emerges the victor. But people will argue that, so go ahead, keep doubting him, cause this is the face of a real warrior.

No Caption Provided
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically, Drax's best strength feat was ripping apart that flying robot during the prison escape. Bucky ripped a steering wheel and it's gears off a car. Both are basically equal in my mind. Drax's fighting style has shown to be more of a slow durable grappler while the Winter Soldier has a quicker, more agile fighting style with a higher striking count per unit of time. Being that their strength is equal and Bucky has the higher striking count to cancel out Drax's durability, it comes down to speed. And with that, the Winter Soldier emerges the victor. But people will argue that, so go ahead, keep doubting him, cause this is the face of a real warrior.

No Caption Provided

And the winter soldier was able to rip apart the door of a heavily armoured shield vehicle .

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

drax

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax gets gutted.

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danielhudson: Drax was also drunk the first time he fought Ronan, so there was a context to that fight. I got nothing for the following fight, lol.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: What movie feat that Drax has stands out as being more impressive than Bucky's? Or anything to give him a better edge?

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Lol the Winter Soldier hype is still going strong,- Drax wrecks Bucky.

I don't see how .

Bucky slits drax's throat .

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax stomps.

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drax rather easily

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say Drax, but I'm curious about his piercing durability.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky, I'm still not convinced anyone in guardians of the galaxy is anywhere close to where people think they are.

Add in prep and this is a stomp.

lgh0stl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax, we can pretend that Drax can be stabbed like a super strength Groot pierce him, but Bucky won't land a clean hit and get out of Drax range as fast as possible . . once Bucky land a hit he is in for a beating of his life to a far superior physical stats and if you think Bucky can somehow overpower Drax when in comes to a grappling position tell it to Groot and Korath. As far as we know the only time Drax got pierced is through Groot puncturing his skin to save him from drowning, other than that he didn't receive any visible damage even when he got rammed by a ravagers ship.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax is weaksauce..

DreGotGamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DreGotGamez

Feats for Drax

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Drax grabs Gamora by the throat, pins her to the wall, and keeps her pinned there for over a minute despite constantly alternating his attention between her and Star-Lord - i.e. Gamora couldn't break free of his grip. Why is pinning Gamaro impressive? I'll tell you why.

Look at how huge the gun from the ship is. And imagine the recoil. Gamora, as you can see, is very strong (compared to a human).

Not only that, but she was able to break out of Groot’s bonds in their first encounter.

She also quite easily break Groot's arms in just a couple of hits.

And we all know how strong Groot is

No Caption Provided

Drax shows the ability to easily and impressively rag-doll people, one-shot people, and quite skillfully and acrobatically take down a couple more of the prison guards.

No Caption Provided

Drax completely no-sells this guy's punch, and his durability is such that it appears that the guard's arm was launched back from the impact with Drax's face. Drax proceeds to send the guard flying with a headbutt, then body-slams the 2nd guard into unconsciousness.

No Caption Provided

Drax jumps somewhere between 10-20 feet into the air to grab this defense robot/turret, then proceeds to tear it apart with his bear hands. It's hard to tell exactly, but it is also possible that Drax was tanking shots to the chest from the turret while he was tearing it apart, yet he suffers no damage whatsoever.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

While Drax basically gets destroyed by Ronan in this fight, it does establish just how incredible Drax's blunt force durability is. He tanks hit after hit, yet keeps getting up and attacking until Ronan chokes and body-slams him at the end of the fight.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Drax can easily fodderize multiple Sakaaran soldiers (similar to Kree soldiers, often included in Kree military ranks).

No Caption Provided

Drax throws his knives hard enough to penetrate the Sakaaran armor and kill the soldiers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Some more durability showings for Drax, as he shows he can tank hits and getting his head smashed into a wall by Korath the Pursuer, who can easily toss around Star-Lord and punch holes in concrete.

No Caption Provided

Drax is now overpowering Korath, and hits hard enough that Korath's body shatters concrete upon impact with the structure.

No Caption Provided

Drax rips out a part of Korath's cybernetic skull, resulting in Korath's death.

No Caption Provided

Drax tanks this energy blast from Ronan's hammer, and is up and attacking right afterwards.

No Caption Provided

Drax survives this ship crashing into him, probably his most impressive durability feat (though it's unclear exactly what happens right as the ship is making impact with Drax and Ronan).

Drax taking the blunt force of reentering a planet’s atmosphere while hitting a couple of trees along the way. (That also shows how strong Gamora is).

He was literally laughing it off the whole time and when they finally crashed.

And that doesn’t even include the fact that he took hits from Thanos with no injury and was strong enough to be able to move him.

As of the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, which is canon according to James Gunn (Director) and Kevin Feige (Producer), Drax laughed off handgun fire from four police officers unloading their clips, and exclaimed that it tickled. This establishes him as bulletproof. He also casually flipped a police car (not that it's all that impressive).

DreGotGamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By DreGotGamez

Drax's piercing and blunt force durability it too much for Bucky. His strength is also superior, as he scales above Gamora and Nebula who have displayed Super Soldier lvl strength. He's also rather skilled and acrobatic for someone his size.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: what did he do?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers