• 107 results
FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By FrozenPhoenix

Poll Drax the Destroyer vs Superman (192 votes)

Drax the Destroyer 37%
Superman 64%

Battle takes place in the Australian desert.

No morals, no prep, no BFR.

Drax thinks Superman is the new incarnation of Thanos.

• 
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By czarny_samael666

No morals - Superman will use nanosecond reaction speed and Drax loses.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 King_Saturn  Online

Probably Superman... I am curious how fast Drax is though. I don't recall the Green Fellow using Reaction Speed Feats though.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spiderbuck1

Drax busts Supes up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The real loser here is Australia

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By GhostRavage

This is a really tricky thread. I hope that if Superman wins, this is not used as an argument in other Superman vs. threads, because i really hate how overrated Superman is. Anyway, i think Superman wins.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By mavfan626

What are Drax's feats? I heard he's good but never really seen him do anything..

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax, maybe. Classic drax is at the very tip top of the high tier levelers IMO.

Emp3rorD4v1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman beats him up a little bit, then he libotomizes him

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clark kent

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Drax sees Superman as Thanos, he will kill him. That's what Drax was created for, that's what he will come back for and that is exactly what he'll do.

But

It's a bloodlusted Superman.. Although Drax is technically bloodlusted because he sees Superman as Thanos but he is ALSO bloodlusted times 2..

I'm gonna have to give it to superman tho., even though that looks like classic Drax.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Superman wins cus he isn't Thanos who tries to lose every time he fights, and Drax is too slow to actually pose a threat.

If Drax sees Superman as Thanos, he will kill him. That's what Drax was created for, that's what he will come back for and that is exactly what he'll do.

So whoever Drax sees as Thanos = Thanos? Drax was fated to kill Thanos, he didn't just up and decide he was gonna kill him....unless you're saying fate is determined by whoever Drax thinks he's fated to kill, then reword your statement cus it's confusing to read.

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does Drax have any reactionary feats to speak of? I would hate for this to go down as another lame "Speedblitz! Speedblitz! Superman via Speedblitz!" decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if their speed was the same, I have my doubts that Drax could pull it off anyway.

As it stands Drax loses.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: he has lost to thanos but it is his fate to kill Thanos. So if he sees superman as thanos, he should kill him. Eventually, Drax will kill Superman, but not in this thread.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman with no morals should go for the kill immediately. It would take a while, and Australia would probably turn into an ocean, but Superman should eventually come out on top.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By heroesgold

Superman should win this.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: he has lost to thanos but it is his fate to kill Thanos. So if he sees superman as thanos, he should kill him. Eventually, Drax will kill Superman, but not in this thread.

So once again, are you saying that Superman = Thanos and that fate is determined by whoever Drax thinks he's fated to kill?

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Drax multiples more than boring ol' Superman. I wish that was enough to win this fight...

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: according to his story, Draxs fate is to kill thanos. Eventually, he will kill Superman because he is seen as Thanos

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: according to his story, Draxs fate is to kill thanos. Eventually, he will kill Superman because he is seen as Thanos

answer my question, are you saying Superman = Thanos, is fated to die like Thanos just because Drax thinks he's Thanos.....yes or no.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DWrathborne

@patzello said:

I like Drax multiples more than boring ol' Superman. I wish that was enough to win this fight...

This.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think classic Drax has a chance. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Superman is so much faster then Drax. Drax was able to travel across the galaxy with his flight. It's never mentioned exactly how fast he is going, but I'd assume it is on par with Superman. Drax is much more brutal then Superman too and Drax should be considered blood lusted if he thinks Superman is Thanos. I'm not sure if Drax's reaction time matches his speed, so there is a possibility for a speed blitz.

I don't think Drax would win a majority, but he should be a good fight. I would give Drax 3/10.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Iragexcudder

@ancient_0f_days: if Drax sees superman as thanos, he's thanos. If Drax sees Iron man as thanos, he's thanos. Therefore Drax will do everything in his power to TRY to kill "Thanos", whomever that will be. "Superthanosman" fate isnt to die, Drax's fate is to kill Superman.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@iragexcudder: thank you for clarifying....with that said I call that some old bullsh*t. Thanos was fated to be killed by Drax and you have no evidence to prove or even remotely relate to Thano's fate shifting to that of another individual just because Drax think's they are Thanos...Drax's thoughts have no bearing over fate and the fate of Thanos, it isn't up to him whether Thanos dies or not, it was predetermined. Something that is predetermined cannot be simply placed upon another individual who takes up the name of those which fate has chosen. I don't care it Drax thinks the Living Tribunal is Thanos, he isn't going to kill anyone else but Thanos by fate alone....so I call bullsh*t on the notion that Superman could get killed by Drax cus he's got an invisible Thanos name tag on him.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Infinity gem Drax wins, other versions lose

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Iragexcudder

@ancient_0f_days: well then this thread is useless. Im just stating the Drax was created to kill Thanos and he sees Superman as Thanos... Its possible but I doubt it will happen. There shouldnt be any bullsh*t about it.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman gets KO'd by hitting the moon, while Drax was a certified planet buster. Going with Drax.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was no clear limit shown to Drax's strength. In some old comics, he was at least a planet buster.

His durability is+++ (remember at the beginning of Annihilation, he was drinking something like a liquid black hole or something like that)

He can project energy.

As stated above he can travel FTL

For his speed during fight, he was able to intercept a Silver Surfer bloodlusted and having drained a whole star.

I don't think superman can beat him.

But I don't think Drax could find a way to beat if Superman is clever.

For me, stalemate or win for Drax if CIS from Superman (not very usual for this character)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for christhecomicpunk
ChristhecomicPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Drax's strength is up there however his speed is not.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman gets KO'd by hitting the moon, while Drax was a certified planet buster. Going with Drax.

So you picked Superman's one strength FAIL to determine the winner despite the fact that he had many other showings which prove that he's stronger than Drax... WOW.

thejoeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spiderbuck1

@carter_esque said:
@spiderbuck said:

So you picked Superman's one strength FAIL to determine the winner despite the fact that he had many other showings which prove that he's stronger than Drax... WOW.

It's pretty established protocol around here to use meteor/moon/planet busting feats to determine strength and durability.

For example:

@bullpr said:

There was no clear limit shown to Drax's strength. In some old comics, he was at least a planet buster.

Pretty standard stuff.

@bullpr - scans of Drax drinking a black hole would be awesome, if at all possible.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bo88gdan

Drax the Destroyer

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:
@spiderbuck said:

It's pretty established protocol around here to use meteor/moon/planet busting feats to determine strength and durability.

For example:

@bullpr said:

Pretty standard stuff.

@bullpr - scans of Drax drinking a black hole would be awesome, if at all possible.

It's from " "Earthfall" Drax the Destroyer ". I can give you the exact quotation and ref tonight. After drinking that, classic drax became somewhat intelligent, the more he was fighting the more he was becoming clever. Then he was killed and came back, smaller and without energy projection skills.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Drax has a chance to win against Supes. If this is New 52 Supes he might get a majority over him. Otherwise Supes

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By spiderbuck1

@bullpr said:

@spiderbuck said:

@carter_esque said:
@spiderbuck said:

For example:

@bullpr said:

Pretty standard stuff.

It's from " "Earthfall" Drax the Destroyer ". I can give you the exact quotation and ref tonight. After drinking that, classic drax became somewhat intelligent, the more he was fighting the more he was becoming clever. Then he was killed and came back, smaller and without energy projection skills.

Yeah, I vaguely remember he was fighting the blood brothers or something like that. Good stuff.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck:

No Caption Provided

Yep. See attached picture.

"singularity-drive plasma spill" ...

I see that a majority are voting Superman. I'm surprised. Drax is really a power incarnation in the Marvel Universe.

For the people voting for Superman, how will he win for you?

Energy projection: Drax is better

Pure Strength: Drax, for me, has better feats (I never saw Superman destroying a planet with his fists)

Speed: see scan above with SS

However I agree, Superman is much smarter than most of Drax incarnations, specially the powerful ones.

sheryin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Drax thinks Superman is Thanos, he would win. He would win because Drax punched a hole in Thanos's chest, he would do the same to Superman.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheryin1 said:

If Drax thinks Superman is Thanos, he would win. He would win because Drax punched a hole in Thanos's chest, he would do the same to Superman.

Well in fact I'm quite sure that the Drax incarnation that did that is probably the only one with no chance to win against Superman. No reason for Lord Chaos and Master Order to have created a "weapon" efficient against Superman; even if Drax thinks superman=Thanos, I doubt that this will change is physiology to make him able to hurt a Kryptonian through an unexpected "short-cut"...

No Drax will have to use energy projection (that this Drax doesn't) or pure strength (and this probably the weakest Drax I have ever read)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CLASSIC DRAX RIPPED A STAR IN HALF. He's definitely stronger than Clark.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DWrathborne

@sheryin1 said:

That was due to Drax's 'aura' though. This 'Aura' has only been shown with the current Drax, and is believed will only manifest in the physical presence of Thanos. So it will not serve him against Superman, even if Drax truly thinks he's fighting Thanos.

Classic Drax is only listed as a 40 tonner for strength, though it's likely he could augment this through manipulating cosmic energy. Drax's space flight speed may possibly be equal to Supermans (uncertain as travel speed through space apparently works differently in the two universes), but there aren't any indications that Classic Drax's combat speed and reflexes can match Superman's. I would place the two opponents roughly equal in physical durability, perhaps giving Drax a slight edge since he doesn't possess any known exploitable weaknesses like Superman.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong here, but I think Superman would win. If I absolutely had to bet, I'd put my $5 on Classic Drax just cause I like him more, but I wouldn't count on seeing that money again.

sheryin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwrathborne: You're right I forgot about the "aura" part. Lol

Avatar image for thekillerofgods
thekillerofgods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thekillerofgods

Drax is more than capable of killing superman and drax did kill thanos who superman has no chance of beating. Drax destroyed a planet with a punch and tanked full on blasts by silver surfer with little damage to no damage stop underestimating drax superman got flight speed but reaction speed wise drax is on a different level.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drax

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax wins.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By Lvenger

From the looks of previous comments, whilst Drax is certainly stronger and hits harder than Superman, Superman is faster and quicker to react in addition to being more versatile. Plus Superman has the strength to harm Drax and wear him down. Then there's the tactics and resourcefulness of a combatant to consider, of which Superman takes a clean sweep there.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: If it's Classic Drax, Superman definitely will not win.