Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Philosoraptor_

Who takes this battle?

Round 1 - MM has all of his abilities

Round 2 - MM has no mental attacks

Round 3- MM has no mental attacks, and no intangibility and can only defeat Drax by physical force.

Martian Manhunter
Martian Manhunter

Drax
Drax
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By blackadamFTW

Round 1: MM

Round 2: MM

Round 3: Could go either way.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pooty

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Drax wins 2 and 3

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat.

Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him).

Round 2. Stalemate

Round 3. Drax
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily.
2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian
3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blackadamFTW

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat. Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him). Round 2. Stalemate Round 3. Drax

He could alway phase through his entire body, then become solid, exploding Drax. That's all if he's not in character of course.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By czarny_samael666
@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat. Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him). Round 2. Stalemate Round 3. Drax

He could alway phase through his entire body, then become solid, exploding Drax. That's all if he's not in character of course.

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.
Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spartan101

drax 3,,close 2,not sure if tp would effect him?? did thanos ever use tp on him back then?

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blackadamFTW

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.

But MM has a crazy healing factor, so it wouldn't kill him.

If he can't do the phasing stuff, I say it might be a stalemate, then. I think I still might give it to MM, though.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By czarny_samael666
@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

If he can't do the phasing stuff, I say it might be a stalemate, then. I think I still might give it to MM, though.

IDK that intangibility will effective in some way or not offensively, I just belive that this special tactic will fail him.
Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mm with ease

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackadamFTW

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

IDK that intangibility will effective in some way or not offensively, I just belive that this special tactic will fail him.

You're probably right.

Avatar image for deactivated-611e764976bba
deactivated-611e764976bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How strong was Drax in classic form?  If he was destined to kill Thanos, he wins all three rounds here, since he was created for one single purpose, and MM can't get in the way of that.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Dailyukulele said:
How strong was Drax in classic form?
Star busting level:
@czarny_samael666 said:
3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeanroygrant

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily. 2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian 3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).
DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DangerousLoki

I wanna say that I think Drax was resistant to telepathy at one point. But I don't think that was classic Drax. Just when he was in with the Infinity Watch and Moondragon tried to connect with his mind, it didn't work out so well from what I recall. If Classic Drax was the same then MM might be in trouble in all three rounds.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By vuviper

@czarny_samael666 said:

I disagree, he's the one controlling his density so he won't be the one harmed. It's not like he hurt himself when he solidified his arm into some white martian's chests or when he even let solidified his chest around Sledges arm.

1. Round 1 MM

2. Round 2 MM

3. Round 3 How fast is Drax?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By czarny_samael666
@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

I disagree, he's the one controlling his density so he won't be the one harmed. It's not like he hurt himself when he solidified his arm into some white martian's chests or when he even let solidified his chest around Sledges arm.

1. Round 1 MM

2. Round 2 MM

0.White Martians aren't durable enough to fly through stars.
2.Can You explain me how intangibility will be so important? Because I feel that it can be, but I don't see a tactic wthat would give him anything beside stalemate.
3.Do You belive that it would matter in fight in character?

@DangerousLoki said:

I wanna say that I think Drax was resistant to telepathy at one point. But I don't think that was classic Drax. Just when he was in with the Infinity Watch and Moondragon tried to connect with his mind, it didn't work out so well from what I recall. If Classic Drax was the same then MM might be in trouble in all three rounds.

True, I forgot about it. IT happened in times when Warlock revealed that Thanos had Reality Gem, isn't it?
DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DangerousLoki

@czarny_samael666 said:

@DangerousLoki said:

True, I forgot about it. IT happened in times when Warlock revealed that Thanos had Reality Gem, isn't it?

I think there were two incidents I recall when she tired to use her powers on him. The first was when she suspects he's her father and she tries to connect with his mind but I think she said it was too jumbled or something similar but for some reason she wasn't able to make the connection if I recall. And I believe when they go and get Thanos she tries to stop him from attacking him but was unable to do so. I read this like a decade ago and I will never claim to recall anything perfectly. But I'm pretty sure he did show at least some resistance to telepathy.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 2: Probabaly Drax. Drax wins 6/10

Round 3: Drax

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By czarny_samael666
@DangerousLoki said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@DangerousLoki said:

I think there were two incidents I recall when she tired to use her powers on him. The first was when she suspects he's her father and she tries to connect with his mind but I think she said it was too jumbled or something similar but for some reason she wasn't able to make the connection if I recall. And I believe when they go and get Thanos she tries to stop him from attacking him but was unable to do so. I read this like a decade ago and I will never claim to recall anything perfectly. But I'm pretty sure he did show at least some resistance to telepathy.

And in Anniihlation she couldn't stop him from killing Thanos, as much as Mantis and Cosmo couldn't in Canncerverse from trying to do the same. He also had his own TP in classic version (which acctually isn't one on the pic ;-) ).
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vuviper

@czarny_samael666 said:

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1. Round 1 MM

2. Round 2 MM

2.Can You explain me how intangibility will be so important? Because I feel that it can be, but I don't see a tactic wthat would give him anything beside stalemate.

0. Because they are vulnerable to fire....Superman can't lift a planet full of kryptonite haha. White Martian s are as tough as Superman and can survive being hit in the face with an infinite mass punch.

2. It's in instantaneous way to avoid being hit. Whereas he can hit Drax with impunity

3. It matters because J'onn still has plenty of other defensive abilities to make up for Drax superior offensive ability. However if Drax isn't even close to J'onn in speed J'onn should be able to beat him

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

MM

Probably MM

Drax

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By czarny_samael666
@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

0. Because they are vulnerable to fire....Superman can't lift a planet full of kryptonite haha. White Martian s are as tough as Superman and can survive being hit in the face with an infinite mass punch.

2. It's in instantaneous way to avoid being hit. Whereas he can hit Drax with impunity

3. It matters because J'onn still has plenty of other defensive abilities to make up for Drax superior offensive ability. However if Drax isn't even close to J'onn in speed J'onn should be able to beat him

0. ;-) Not all people who can fight with level beings can accomplish that level feats, smells like ABC logic :-P We're talking about Martian's ability to destroy Drax trough intangibility.
2.True and his speed should allow him to turn it on when Drax will attack, yet it seems a little out of character.
3.Out of character - of course ( pretty much the same thing I've said in Surfer & Quasar vs. Sinestro & Darkseid), but it seems highly doubtfull in character. Surfer has the same abilities, but I don't see him winning similar fight with Drax. And as I remember it already happened and Surfer had to boost himself with star's energy to keep up with different version of Drax (dumb one actually).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Martian even get into Drax's mind?  Haven't people tried and failed because he is just meat basically?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28  Edited By owie  Moderator

Just want to make a point here: I'd call "classic" Drax the original version of Drax, long long long before he got the Power Gem.  This version was only a 40 tonner and nowhere near in Manhunter's league.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Enosisik

^ lol true and MM wins all 3

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vuviper

@czarny_samael666 said:

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

0. ;-) Not all people who can fight with level beings can accomplish that level feats, smells like ABC logic :-P We're talking about Martian's ability to destroy Drax trough intangibility.2.True and his speed should allow him to turn it on when Drax will attack, yet it seems a little out of character. 3.Out of character - of course ( pretty much the same thing I've said in Surfer & Quasar vs. Sinestro & Darkseid), but it seems highly doubtfull in character. Surfer has the same abilities, but I don't see him winning similar fight with Drax. And as I remember it already happened and Surfer had to boost himself with star's energy to keep up with different version of Drax (dumb one actually).

0. What are you talking about accomplishing certain level feats. I'm saying White Martians are as touch as superman and can survive and IMP, if J'onn can use his phasing to damage them without damaging himself I don't see why using his phasing against Drax would damage the J'onn.

2. It's not out of character at all for him to use intangibility, In fact their is on panel statement of just how in character it is for him. Yes it's not always used in comics, but that's for the sake of plot, it has nothing to do with him as a character.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3. It's not out of character for him to use his defensive abilities. It would be out of character for him to launch 1000 blows a second, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying wtih his speed and defensive abilities, he will hit Drax many many more times than Drax will hit him and will ultimately make up for any difference in strength and give him the win. BTW martian can boost his durability and strength if he needs, by increasing his density, making armor for himself, and increasing his size.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Owie: you mean the original one was a 50 tonner?  The one meant to kill Thanos?
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Dailyukulele said:

@Owie: you mean the original one was a 50 tonner? The one meant to kill Thanos?

40 tonner. Yes. At least that's what they listed him as. On the other hand, he smashed planetoids with a single blow even then. While he was created to kill Thanos, he was never in Thanos' league, Thanos smacked him around something awful.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bo88gdan

@jeanroygrant said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily. 2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian 3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bo88gdan: Sorry, but Drax wins all three rounds, since Drax has owned the Surfer, and Surfer>Martian

No Caption Provided
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vuviper

@Dailyukulele: And that explains how he can resists telepathy and hit an intangible opponent?

Avatar image for the_happy_wendingo
The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight.. I say Drax would win every round except the first

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpectroRaphael

Wait, i don't understand this fight. We are going with a Drax amped up by the power Gem in all three fights, but slowly reducing the Martian's ability? I know the Martian is quite powerful, but doesn't that basically mean that Drax doesn't stand a chance against the Martian in full form?

Also, the Martian is still a high strength character without telepathy and phasing. He has more versatile forms of attack including heat vision & shapeshifting. He's speed is also too much for Drax. He can create a vortex and speed blitz him. I understand that that is "out of character", but isn't that simply PIS used to keep him from attaining his true potential and ending fights too quickly? Basically prolonging fights so that the writers can actually have a plot.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jojjimbo

@czarny_samael666 said:

This.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

Martian Manhunter all rounds

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MM FOR 1ST 2

DRAX FOR THE 3RD

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM wins the first round

With no TP, MM still wins as he is faster and has shown the use of phasing during combat

In a straight up brawl only? I still go with MM as he is in the same league as Drax strength wise but a much more intelligent fighter, and again, much faster

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MarlboroMan
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM wins the first round

With no TP, MM still wins as he is faster and has shown the use of phasing during combat

In a straight up brawl only? I still go with MM as he is in the same league as Drax strength wise but a much more intelligent fighter, and again, much faster

Rethinking my position here entirely noticing that the pic is of resurrected (dumb) Drax.

Who takes this battle?

Round 1 - MM has all of his abilities

Not sure if Drax has actual feats for TP resistance. But if this is an indicator, MM might be in trouble.

Although he doesn't have a lot of reaction feats, he has enough to tell me that J'onn is still superior speed wise. He also has phasing to give him a huge cushion against a virtually indestructible foe. If J'onn can't beat Drax with TP, this could be a stalemate.

Round 2 - MM has no mental attacks

Stalemate as J'onn still has phasing, but he has to be able to do something to Drax physically to stop him. Even the Surfer could do nothing against Drax.

Round 3- MM has no mental attacks, and no intangibility and can only defeat Drax by physical force.

Changing my previous notion that J'onn is superior to Drax strength wise. He is still faster, but evading does not give the win. Stalemate at best.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Round 2: MM

Round 3: Could go either way.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH

Drax

Drax

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By dorukesin

@dondave said:

Martian Manhunter all rounds

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM all rounds

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily.

2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Martian Manhunter all rounds...