#1 Edited by _Philosoraptor_ (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Who takes this battle?

Round 1 - MM has all of his abilities

Round 2 - MM has no mental attacks

Round 3- MM has no mental attacks, and no intangibility and can only defeat Drax by physical force.

Martian Manhunter

Drax
#2 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: MM

Round 2: MM

Round 3: Could go either way.

#3 Posted by pooty (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

#4 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax wins 2 and 3

#5 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

#6 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5386 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat.

Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him).

Round 2. Stalemate

Round 3. Drax
#7 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily.
2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian
3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).

#8 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat. Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him). Round 2. Stalemate Round 3. Drax

He could alway phase through his entire body, then become solid, exploding Drax. That's all if he's not in character of course.

#9 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat. Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him). Round 2. Stalemate Round 3. Drax

He could alway phase through his entire body, then become solid, exploding Drax. That's all if he's not in character of course.

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.
#10 Posted by Spartan101 (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

drax 3,,close 2,not sure if tp would effect him?? did thanos ever use tp on him back then?

Online
#11 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat. Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him). Round 2. Stalemate Round 3. Drax

He could alway phase through his entire body, then become solid, exploding Drax. That's all if he's not in character of course.

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.

But MM has a crazy healing factor, so it wouldn't kill him.

If he can't do the phasing stuff, I say it might be a stalemate, then. I think I still might give it to MM, though.

#12 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat. Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him). Round 2. Stalemate Round 3. Drax

He could alway phase through his entire body, then become solid, exploding Drax. That's all if he's not in character of course.

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.

But MM has a crazy healing factor, so it wouldn't kill him.

If he can't do the phasing stuff, I say it might be a stalemate, then. I think I still might give it to MM, though.

IDK that intangibility will effective in some way or not offensively, I just belive that this special tactic will fail him.
#13 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

mm with ease

#14 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@pooty said:

@blackadamFTW: for round 2. if MM goes intangible but has no mental attacks how does he hurt Drax?

He could always phase through him, and rip his heart out.

Probably wouldn't stop Claasic Drax. He doesn't need air , food etc. He was just meat. Round 1. MM possibly ( don't know how effective MMs TP would have on him). Round 2. Stalemate Round 3. Drax

He could alway phase through his entire body, then become solid, exploding Drax. That's all if he's not in character of course.

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.

But MM has a crazy healing factor, so it wouldn't kill him.

If he can't do the phasing stuff, I say it might be a stalemate, then. I think I still might give it to MM, though.

IDK that intangibility will effective in some way or not offensively, I just belive that this special tactic will fail him.

You're probably right.

#15 Posted by Dailyukulele (201 posts) - - Show Bio

How strong was Drax in classic form?  If he was destined to kill Thanos, he wins all three rounds here, since he was created for one single purpose, and MM can't get in the way of that.

#16 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dailyukulele said:
How strong was Drax in classic form?
Star busting level:
@czarny_samael666 said:
3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).
#17 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily. 2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian 3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).
#18 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna say that I think Drax was resistant to telepathy at one point. But I don't think that was classic Drax. Just when he was in with the Infinity Watch and Moondragon tried to connect with his mind, it didn't work out so well from what I recall. If Classic Drax was the same then MM might be in trouble in all three rounds.

#19 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.

I disagree, he's the one controlling his density so he won't be the one harmed. It's not like he hurt himself when he solidified his arm into some white martian's chests or when he even let solidified his chest around Sledges arm.

1. Round 1 MM

2. Round 2 MM

3. Round 3 How fast is Drax?

#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.

I disagree, he's the one controlling his density so he won't be the one harmed. It's not like he hurt himself when he solidified his arm into some white martian's chests or when he even let solidified his chest around Sledges arm.

1. Round 1 MM

2. Round 2 MM

3. Round 3 How fast is Drax?

0.White Martians aren't durable enough to fly through stars.
2.Can You explain me how intangibility will be so important? Because I feel that it can be, but I don't see a tactic wthat would give him anything beside stalemate.
3.Do You belive that it would matter in fight in character?
 
@DangerousLoki said:

I wanna say that I think Drax was resistant to telepathy at one point. But I don't think that was classic Drax. Just when he was in with the Infinity Watch and Moondragon tried to connect with his mind, it didn't work out so well from what I recall. If Classic Drax was the same then MM might be in trouble in all three rounds.


True, I forgot about it. IT happened in times when Warlock revealed that Thanos had Reality Gem, isn't it?
#21 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@DangerousLoki said:

I wanna say that I think Drax was resistant to telepathy at one point. But I don't think that was classic Drax. Just when he was in with the Infinity Watch and Moondragon tried to connect with his mind, it didn't work out so well from what I recall. If Classic Drax was the same then MM might be in trouble in all three rounds.

True, I forgot about it. IT happened in times when Warlock revealed that Thanos had Reality Gem, isn't it?

I think there were two incidents I recall when she tired to use her powers on him. The first was when she suspects he's her father and she tries to connect with his mind but I think she said it was too jumbled or something similar but for some reason she wasn't able to make the connection if I recall. And I believe when they go and get Thanos she tries to stop him from attacking him but was unable to do so. I read this like a decade ago and I will never claim to recall anything perfectly. But I'm pretty sure he did show at least some resistance to telepathy.

#22 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: MM

Round 2: Probabaly Drax. Drax wins 6/10

Round 3: Drax

#23 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@DangerousLoki said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@DangerousLoki said:

I wanna say that I think Drax was resistant to telepathy at one point. But I don't think that was classic Drax. Just when he was in with the Infinity Watch and Moondragon tried to connect with his mind, it didn't work out so well from what I recall. If Classic Drax was the same then MM might be in trouble in all three rounds.

True, I forgot about it. IT happened in times when Warlock revealed that Thanos had Reality Gem, isn't it?

I think there were two incidents I recall when she tired to use her powers on him. The first was when she suspects he's her father and she tries to connect with his mind but I think she said it was too jumbled or something similar but for some reason she wasn't able to make the connection if I recall. And I believe when they go and get Thanos she tries to stop him from attacking him but was unable to do so. I read this like a decade ago and I will never claim to recall anything perfectly. But I'm pretty sure he did show at least some resistance to telepathy.

And in Anniihlation she couldn't stop him from killing Thanos, as much as Mantis and Cosmo couldn't in Canncerverse from trying to do the same. He also had his own TP in classic version (which acctually isn't one on the pic ;-) ).
#24 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

It would rather end in Martian killing himself. He is less durable than Drax, so he would be cut in pieces rather than Drax would be KOd.

I disagree, he's the one controlling his density so he won't be the one harmed. It's not like he hurt himself when he solidified his arm into some white martian's chests or when he even let solidified his chest around Sledges arm.

1. Round 1 MM

2. Round 2 MM

3. Round 3 How fast is Drax?

0.White Martians aren't durable enough to fly through stars.
2.Can You explain me how intangibility will be so important? Because I feel that it can be, but I don't see a tactic wthat would give him anything beside stalemate.
3.Do You belive that it would matter in fight in character?

0. Because they are vulnerable to fire....Superman can't lift a planet full of kryptonite haha. White Martian s are as tough as Superman and can survive being hit in the face with an infinite mass punch.

2. It's in instantaneous way to avoid being hit. Whereas he can hit Drax with impunity

3. It matters because J'onn still has plenty of other defensive abilities to make up for Drax superior offensive ability. However if Drax isn't even close to J'onn in speed J'onn should be able to beat him

#25 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

MM

Probably MM

Drax

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

0.White Martians aren't durable enough to fly through stars.
2.Can You explain me how intangibility will be so important? Because I feel that it can be, but I don't see a tactic wthat would give him anything beside stalemate.
3.Do You belive that it would matter in fight in character?

0. Because they are vulnerable to fire....Superman can't lift a planet full of kryptonite haha. White Martian s are as tough as Superman and can survive being hit in the face with an infinite mass punch.

2. It's in instantaneous way to avoid being hit. Whereas he can hit Drax with impunity

3. It matters because J'onn still has plenty of other defensive abilities to make up for Drax superior offensive ability. However if Drax isn't even close to J'onn in speed J'onn should be able to beat him

0. ;-) Not all people who can fight with level beings can accomplish that level feats, smells like ABC logic :-P We're talking about Martian's ability to destroy Drax trough intangibility.
2.True and his speed should allow him to turn it on when Drax will attack, yet it seems a little out of character.
3.Out of character - of course ( pretty much the same thing I've said in Surfer & Quasar vs. Sinestro & Darkseid), but it seems highly doubtfull in character. Surfer has the same abilities, but I don't see him winning similar fight with Drax. And as I remember it already happened and Surfer had to boost himself with star's energy to keep up with different version of Drax (dumb one actually).
#27 Posted by Dailyukulele (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Martian even get into Drax's mind?  Haven't people tried and failed because he is just meat basically?

#28 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Just want to make a point here: I'd call "classic" Drax the original version of Drax, long long long before he got the Power Gem.  This version was only a 40 tonner and nowhere near in Manhunter's league.

#29 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

^ lol true and MM wins all 3

#30 Edited by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

0.White Martians aren't durable enough to fly through stars.
2.Can You explain me how intangibility will be so important? Because I feel that it can be, but I don't see a tactic wthat would give him anything beside stalemate.
3.Do You belive that it would matter in fight in character?

0. Because they are vulnerable to fire....Superman can't lift a planet full of kryptonite haha. White Martian s are as tough as Superman and can survive being hit in the face with an infinite mass punch.

2. It's in instantaneous way to avoid being hit. Whereas he can hit Drax with impunity

3. It matters because J'onn still has plenty of other defensive abilities to make up for Drax superior offensive ability. However if Drax isn't even close to J'onn in speed J'onn should be able to beat him

0. ;-) Not all people who can fight with level beings can accomplish that level feats, smells like ABC logic :-P We're talking about Martian's ability to destroy Drax trough intangibility.2.True and his speed should allow him to turn it on when Drax will attack, yet it seems a little out of character. 3.Out of character - of course ( pretty much the same thing I've said in Surfer & Quasar vs. Sinestro & Darkseid), but it seems highly doubtfull in character. Surfer has the same abilities, but I don't see him winning similar fight with Drax. And as I remember it already happened and Surfer had to boost himself with star's energy to keep up with different version of Drax (dumb one actually).

0. What are you talking about accomplishing certain level feats. I'm saying White Martians are as touch as superman and can survive and IMP, if J'onn can use his phasing to damage them without damaging himself I don't see why using his phasing against Drax would damage the J'onn.

2. It's not out of character at all for him to use intangibility, In fact their is on panel statement of just how in character it is for him. Yes it's not always used in comics, but that's for the sake of plot, it has nothing to do with him as a character.

3. It's not out of character for him to use his defensive abilities. It would be out of character for him to launch 1000 blows a second, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying wtih his speed and defensive abilities, he will hit Drax many many more times than Drax will hit him and will ultimately make up for any difference in strength and give him the win. BTW martian can boost his durability and strength if he needs, by increasing his density, making armor for himself, and increasing his size.

#31 Posted by Dailyukulele (201 posts) - - Show Bio
@Owie: you mean the original one was a 50 tonner?  The one meant to kill Thanos?
#32 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dailyukulele said:

@Owie: you mean the original one was a 50 tonner? The one meant to kill Thanos?

40 tonner. Yes. At least that's what they listed him as. On the other hand, he smashed planetoids with a single blow even then. While he was created to kill Thanos, he was never in Thanos' league, Thanos smacked him around something awful.

#33 Posted by Bo88gdan (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily. 2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian 3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).
#34 Posted by Dailyukulele (201 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bo88gdan: Sorry, but Drax wins all three rounds, since Drax has owned the Surfer, and Surfer>Martian
 
#35 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dailyukulele: And that explains how he can resists telepathy and hit an intangible opponent?

#36 Posted by The_Happy_Wendingo (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight.. I say Drax would win every round except the first

#37 Posted by SpectroRaphael (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, i don't understand this fight. We are going with a Drax amped up by the power Gem in all three fights, but slowly reducing the Martian's ability? I know the Martian is quite powerful, but doesn't that basically mean that Drax doesn't stand a chance against the Martian in full form?

Also, the Martian is still a high strength character without telepathy and phasing. He has more versatile forms of attack including heat vision & shapeshifting. He's speed is also too much for Drax. He can create a vortex and speed blitz him. I understand that that is "out of character", but isn't that simply PIS used to keep him from attaining his true potential and ending fights too quickly? Basically prolonging fights so that the writers can actually have a plot.

#38 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.Classic Drax had TP, but no high feats to my knowledge - MM easily. 2.IDK... Depends on rules: In character - Probably Drax. Out of character - probably Martian 3.Drax easily, he had star busting level at the time, survived two planet explosions and was responsible for both (for one only in half).

This.

#39 Posted by dondave (36581 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter all rounds

#40 Posted by THORSON (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

MM FOR 1ST 2

DRAX FOR THE 3RD

#41 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (957 posts) - - Show Bio

MM wins the first round

With no TP, MM still wins as he is faster and has shown the use of phasing during combat

In a straight up brawl only? I still go with MM as he is in the same league as Drax strength wise but a much more intelligent fighter, and again, much faster

#42 Edited by MarlboroMan (1609 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (957 posts) - - Show Bio

MM wins the first round

With no TP, MM still wins as he is faster and has shown the use of phasing during combat

In a straight up brawl only? I still go with MM as he is in the same league as Drax strength wise but a much more intelligent fighter, and again, much faster

Rethinking my position here entirely noticing that the pic is of resurrected (dumb) Drax.

Who takes this battle?

Round 1 - MM has all of his abilities

Not sure if Drax has actual feats for TP resistance. But if this is an indicator, MM might be in trouble.

Although he doesn't have a lot of reaction feats, he has enough to tell me that J'onn is still superior speed wise. He also has phasing to give him a huge cushion against a virtually indestructible foe. If J'onn can't beat Drax with TP, this could be a stalemate.

Round 2 - MM has no mental attacks

Stalemate as J'onn still has phasing, but he has to be able to do something to Drax physically to stop him. Even the Surfer could do nothing against Drax.

Round 3- MM has no mental attacks, and no intangibility and can only defeat Drax by physical force.

Changing my previous notion that J'onn is superior to Drax strength wise. He is still faster, but evading does not give the win. Stalemate at best.