Dragonborn vs The Chitauri (Read OP)

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mandarinestro

The Chitauri plan to invade Tamriel so Mehrunes Dagon sends his champion, the Last Dragonborn, after the bulk of their invasion force in New York.

The Dragonborn

No Caption Provided

• is a male Nord spellsword in his prime,
  • dressed in full Stahlrim armor with Health, Magicka, and Fire Resistance enchantments.
  • He has every weapon collectible in-game, excepting Wabbajack.

All of his shouts are free of cooldown and he has been briefed standard knowledge about the Chitauri by Iron Man and Nick Fury. He is in character but is more than willing to kill.

The Chitauri

No Caption Provided

• already have 2,000 ground troops,
  • 1,000 aerial units, and
  • 15 of those flying snake tanks around New York.
  • They have 1,000 more ground troops, 500 more aerial units, and 5 other flying snake tanks in reserve.

The Dragonborn wins by either

• killing every single Chitauri or
  • shutting down the portal.
  • Alternatively he can win by shutting down the Chitauri flagship like Tony did in the movie although idk if he can do that.

To begin with, the Dragonborn already has

• an Elder Dragon and
  • 20 Flame Atronachs to help him.
  • He knows that the Chitauri are using portal technology but doesn't know where the portal's projector is yet.

Implied Dovahkiin feats e.g. tearing mountains apart are not included.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jacthripper

Dovakhiin can do it, he just has to be careful. At this point the giant beasts wouldn't be to difficult to fight.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki: "I have an army."

Dovahkiin: "Hold on a second." *walks over to window*

Loading Video...

Dovahkiin: "There. No more army."

Loki: "Prick! You took out the whole city too!"

Dovahkiin: "So...no Schawarma?"

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very inclined to say Dragonborn, but it'll be a challenge.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dygoboy

Unkimitted shouts? Dovakhin won't loose. He'll simply become ethernal and walk around looking for the portal. And since he has all of his shouts unlimitted he can simply call in odavhing to help him And he can always fus roh dah them into ashes. in the lore Dovakhin's unrealenting force is more than strong enough to turn modern buildings into ashes.I don't see him loosing this......unless he get's and arrow to the knee....but the tchatari dont have arrows soo.....He stomps.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn easily.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

With the no cooldown time, dragonborn may have a good chance here. unless a space whale falls on him while he is using storm call. or bullet shower like the one against hulk..

Other than that, he's quite stealthy and versatile, so playing it safe, he should take the win.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Unlimited shouts man... He honestly can't lose here.

This. Dragonborn stomps.

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@mije_101 said:

@leo-343 said:

Unlimited shouts man... He honestly can't lose here.

This. Dragonborn stomps.

This.

His Time Manipulation shout alone would allow him win with ease here.

He just spams that, one shots people with Mehrunes Razor, and then GG.

In fact, pretty much every one of his shots can allow him to win this with ease.

Jmarshmallow

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he is very, very, very careful he can win. Such fight is almost impossible to decide. I can imagine him, run around on the top of the mountains, spamming Fus Roh Dah on them and sending them off the cliffs.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: Maybe limit him to certain shouts. Cause as of right now, unlimited means time stop, becoming ethereal, whirlwind sprint, the shout where he can swing his arms faster(forgot the name), etc.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: time slow, or elemental fury is hardly much help against modern weapons, he barely becomes about as fast as arrows with it. become ethereal means he cannot attack, so it's a stalemate at best. Whirlwind sprint can be helpful to run away I guess.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: He can use other shouts while slowing time or just spam whirlwind sprint until he finds the portal. Same goes for become ethereal, uses it to get to the portal/mother ship to shut it down. Whirlwind sprint combined with other shouts can be pretty deadly, or he could just use any of the weapons he has/magic in tandem with sprint.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: time slow, or elemental fury is hardly much help against modern weapons, he barely becomes about as fast as arrows with it. become ethereal means he cannot attack, so it's a stalemate at best. Whirlwind sprint can be helpful to run away I guess.

Maybe try to talk the others out of their "stomp stomp fusrodahmurderstomp".

but maybe not reikai.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DB stomps.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: he can't combine shouts iirc? Am I missing something?

Even assuming he finds the portal, he doesn't exactly have the damage output to do anything there, or loki's staff. Sprint doesn't improve his reflexes, it's a solid mode of transport.

@mandarinestro: well, I am trying.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Not sure how he will fly into space though.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheVivas

@princearagorn1: Not really combine meaning use at the same time, more like one right after the other. Like Frost Breath while Time is slowed. I meant use in a combination like that cause DB in this fight doesn't have cool down for his shouts.

He can summon magical beings, lay runes, use magic, use enchanted weapons to aid him, but I'll agree with you on that for now. And yes, but I don't see why he can't use a Fireball Spell or attack with his sword/mace/axe or any other weapon while he's sprinting.

And for the record, I don't think he stomps either.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people forget he has everything sans Wabbajack. That means he artifacts that literally make him all but invincible. The Chitauri can't even hurt him. Let's never mind that he is the most powerful user of the Voice in history. Earlier masters like Jurgen Windcaller could blow apart entire towns, sometimes by accident.

The Graybeards uttering a single word would make the entire continent tremble. The Ancient Tongues actually killed Dragons who could do all that and more. And the Last Dragonborn outstrips all of them. Let's not forget that his power increased with every dragon soul he absorbed. Even canonically he'd have killed over 100 of them. Spells for Flight also exist in the Lore and were even mentioned and indicated in Solstheim.

He also has Auriel's Bow, which in the lore was used to launch Lorkan's heart across the entire breadth of the world and into the ocean where it would then form the isle of Vvardenfel and the Red Mountain. This same weapon is also used to blot out the sun when using Bloodcursed Arrows. Meaning that for this to work it would need to launch said arrow into the atmosphere to blanket the sky with its corrupted power.

That means the arrow had reached somewhere between 12-20thousand feet in mere seconds. The same is true when using Sunhallowed Arrows. Only in this case they explode when fired at the sun and rain down spears of burning light on all enemies in the area. One shot could kill hundreds, if not thousands, of the Chitauri.

And now remember. The portal is up in the sky. It's not out in space. And nothing stops the Dragonborn from flying right up to the portal on a Dragon and then Fus Ro Dah'ing everything through it. Or doing even more damage than Thor with Lightning Storm. Especially when the Dragonborn has a number of abilities and effects that can mitigate his Magica consumption, even negating it for a limited time.

Btw, none of the Chitauri have any protection against any of this. Especially not from the Skull of Corruption. Also, Stahlrim armor is a joke. According to the Skaal if you can work Ebony, you can work Stahlrim. So he basically has near diamond hard armor regardless. Ebony suits better, because it looks helluva lot better.

Also, with Dragonborn Force, the Unrelenting Force shout can disintegrate all struck by it. Considering the range of the effect and that it has vaped dragons as well, slaughtering the entire Chitauri force would be a simple matter.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: @jmarshmallow: @mije_101: If I give him cooldown then the Chitauri stomp him.

Cooldown is gameplay, but assuming you gave him it then I don't think the Chitauri would stomp him. He would still stand a decent shot.

I think you should just limit some of his shouts.

Jmarshmallow

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@thevivas:

Not really combine meaning use at the same time, more like one right after the other. Like Frost Breath while Time is slowed. I meant use in a combination like that cause DB in this fight doesn't have cool down for his shouts.

Even if there is no cool down, he can't use two shouts at once. Using frost breath on a few chitauri will mean rest can shoot him down.

He can summon magical beings, lay runes, use magic, use enchanted weapons to aid him, but I'll agree with you on that for now.

Magical beings get shot with missiles. Runes... chitauri are on their flying bikes. Magic helps, hands down. Enchanted weapons help as well.

And yes, but I don't see why he can't use a Fireball Spell or attack with his sword/mace/axe or any other weapon while he's sprinting.

When has he ever done something like that? Whirlwind sprint is simply carries him forward at high speed, it doesn't amp his reflexes. So casting fireballs during that time is out of question. I guess doing that with a mace/swod/axe will cause solid damage. But it's not like he needs additional damage to take down the chitauri soldiers..

And for the record, I don't think he stomps either.

I don't think so either. Just that people tend to forget his other abilities. Shouts are not the only thing he has. The stealth, the skills with so many weapons, he's incredibly versatile. I don't honestly see him beating the army is he stands at their front and tries killing them, no cooldown time or not. But I can see him taking it if he plays carefully. The whales though..

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By colliderz

DB stomps

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can slow down time, become intangible, sending you flying via Fus, then there's the number of weapons in the game. He has a chance to kill you with one hit with Mehrunes Razor. This is unfair lol

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn curbstomps the chitauri. They were mostly fodder tbh. With all the abilities DB has it shouldnt be too hard for him to turn this into a genocide for the chitauri.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: @drew_tan: @jmarshmallow:

Except that there can be a dozen Chitauri trying to smack him in the face while another dozen pointing their guns at him from all angles.

And Become Ethereal? He can't be toouched but he can't touch others either.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: @drew_tan: @jmarshmallow:

Except that there can be a dozen Chitauri trying to smack him in the face while another dozen pointing their guns at him from all angles.

And Become Ethereal? He can't be toouched but he can't touch others either.

Once he becomes ethereal he can easily slip away. Infinite shots allows him to use it indefinitely as long as he needs to. Then he can speedblitz via whirlwind sprint. He has too many options.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: If you actually play Skyrim, you'd know that the Dragonborn can't attack during the Sprint. He's just pushed by something like a 200 mph wind forward ans there's really nothing he can do while using that shout. Sure, he can use it for quick escape but no way he's gonna speedblitz using it.

And speaking of Slow Time also, none of the Dragonborn's enemies were from the 20th Century. Nothing could travel faster than an arrow, so how slower can a bullet/laser get?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: Uh yes I actually played Skyrim. Whirlwind Sprint still gives him the ability to rapidly move towards his target. I doubt any of the Chitauri would be able to react unless you can prove to me otherwise. There is no actual time given for how fast he went so please refrain from using mileage. Eternity which is the last part of Slow Time renders everyone around Dovahkiin basically immovable. They wouldn't even get a chance to pull the trigger.

Loading Video...

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: Uh yes I actually played Skyrim. Whirlwind Sprint still gives him the ability to rapidly move towards his target. I doubt any of the Chitauri would be able to react unless you can prove to me otherwise. There is no actual time given for how fast he went so please refrain from using mileage. Eternity which is the last part of Slow Time renders everyone around Dovahkiin basically immovable. They wouldn't even get a chance to pull the trigger.

Loading Video...

The 200mph thing is just exaggeration but that's not my point. I agree that he can run pretty fast with it but he won't be able to blitz. Remember he has to be facing the enemy because the Shout only moves him forward, now what happens when they are on top of buildings, sniping from windows, or trying to get a lucky shot while joyriding on their chariot?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: But you gave him shouts that are free of cooldown. What's stopping him from whirldwind sprinting then going ethereal? Or stopping time? Since he's a spellword he has access to magic right? Does he have all spells?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Attacking while Ethereal will cancel the effect so he can't touch anyone when Ethereal. Spellswords also aren't as magic awesome as battlemages or conjurers or archmages, so the spells are limited to one hand spells but of course with a limit of Magicka.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: Apparently you're trying to limit the DB to game mechanics that make no sense here since none of his enemies have health bars, and then further trying to limit him by inducing a Class System that Doesn't Exist in Skyrim. A spellsword is just a common term for any peasant to use when referring to a merc or someone who can use magic and weapons, and has absolutely nothing to do with the degree of their personal abilities.

And I don't see why you think the DB can't attack while using Whirlwind Sprint. If he can run and do a power attack there's absolutely nothing restricting him from using WS and shredding through people. There's equally nothing saying he can't use 2h spells when we've seen Bandits use them and common Necromancers. The DB can still learn every spell there is without being the Archmage of the Winterhold College. So there's no reason to believe he won't use everything at his disposal.

Honestly he could just use Bend Will and make them all kill themselves.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cooljammy18

Yay got mentioned :D.

Anyway, Wabbajack is absolutely useless considering that it's effects are completely random and Dovahkiin is fighting an army here. Doesn't matter if he has it or not. Don't think people are considering the advance weaponry and aircraft vehicles the Chitarui possesses. Their energy attacks are much faster than arrows so Slow Time could end up as a detriment rather than a benefit if not utilize at the right time. I'm going to go ahead and say that other than Auriel's Shield, Mehrunes Razor, and Spellbreaker most artifacts are practically dead weight in this scenario.

Lets not overrate and over exaggerate Dov here, this isn't easy in the slightest but I believe he can still win here definitely.

Storm Call

Become Ethereal

Cyclone

Clear Skies

Elemental Fury

Soul Tear

Unrelenting Force

Dragon Aspect

Whirlwind Sprint

Slow Time

Ice Form

These are the shouts that could land him a victory. Thor slaughtered many of the aliens just by utilizing natural lightning. Take into consideration that since we're out of the restrictions of gameplay mechanics, Shouts theoretically shouldn't have a timer on them unless Dov cancels it himself. So, Dovahkiin will use the Storm Call shout to create a storm and strike down the large airborne creatures and the ground units. The fast wind speed and heavy rain along with the lightning will cause disorientation and accidental deaths among the aerial units, giving him a complete tactical advantage. Dovahkiin can use this to his advantage since the storm will only go away once he uses Clear Skies. Dovahkiin proceeds to use Dragon Aspect to amp himself up along with his Shouts. He begins creating Tornadoes with the Cyclone Shout and compliment it with Unrelenting Force to clear pathways through the storm as well as destroy parts of the environment to keep reinforcements from coming at him. He needs to be careful not to hurt himself among the destruction, which is what Become Ethereal is for.

He goes Ethereal and wades his way through the carnage while evading forces, searching for the portal device. This is when Aura Whisper would come in handy for scouting out enemy survivors and reinforcements. He doesn't need to kill them though, just getting to the portal would suffice.

With Auriel's Shield he hauls ass through the remainder of the forces, reenacting Pelinal Whitestrake's berzerker rush into Aleyid soldiers, and speeds through all of them with Whirlwind Sprint while cutting them down with Mehrunes Razor while pumped on Elemental Fury and Dragon Aspect.

Rinse and repeat, then slow down and go ethereal to save up some strength and let the ongoing storm handle the bigger targets and leftovers; refraining from attacking, or else he's screwed if he's caught in the middle of a group. Use Slow Time while the aerial units are being struck down to escape and gain distance from the army. Distance is key here to not getting annihilated by the numbers. Soul Tearing and Ice Form are just for emergency kills if he gets caught up in a sticky situation, which is bound to happen at a certain point. Oh yeah, he has dragon allies too lol. Dragons can utilize their own Shouts as well. Odvaking can manhandle divisions and Durnevhirr can use his necromancy to make an undead force out of dead enemy troops to counter the remaining force.

If Dovahkiin plays it tactically with just his Shouts alone, as I've written here, he has a very good shot here and will eventually disable the portal. Hell, he could kill all of them if he utilize all of his assets.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DarthAznable

@darthaznable: Attacking while Ethereal will cancel the effect so he can't touch anyone when Ethereal. Spellswords also aren't as magic awesome as battlemages or conjurers or archmages, so the spells are limited to one hand spells but of course with a limit of Magicka.

But those aren't classes in Skyrim.I believe they were only in Oblivion. I'm not saying he could hit while ethereal. The Dovah knows his abilities, he would use the shout to get out of a bad situation. Attack, got ethereal, attack, go ethereal again. He could literally pick them off by the numbers and they'd have no way to find him. If he's using a bow, that's a huge sniping advantage. He has far too much at his disposal. Even if you limit him to simple novice spells, that's even more variety. He could slow time, then electrify, set ablaze, and freeze his enemies. He also has a shout that enables him to take control of people so he'll have Chitauri fighting Chitauri.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dragonborn Obliterates them.

Xfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting scenario, Dov's got this. Storm call is a very powerful asset considering the lightning strikes more frequently as their are more hostiles in the area. Not to mention he can use bend will on those wales and use them to aid in his carnage.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

The Dragonborn Obliterates them.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Daedric Legions are more dangerous and the run-o-the-mill heroes of Tamriel are gettin the job done!

Loading Video...

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: @reikai:

Man this is late. What I meant was the Dragonborn has the skill and attribute build of a spellsword, not a Spellsword class from Oblivion or ESO, but an independent character with the build a spellsword.