Dragon vs phoenix

Jaraka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jaraka

which one would win between these legendery creatures?
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blood_guts

no offense but its hard to know just based on such an inspecific version of both. in general i would say probably a dragon though. you should read the battle rules btw. welcome to comic vine also.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spiderbuck1
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Killemall
@spiderbuck: Specially since we have one phoenix in marvel universe which would sure kick every dragons arse (even including the dragon in DBZ)
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spiderbuck1

yup.  phoenix pwns in comics and myth  

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alcoholbob

If it's Dungeons & Dragons, the Dragon stomps the Phoenix.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By HolySerpent
Dragon wins all the time
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By RainEffect

If we are going by a 'general' dragon depiction, the Phoenix would literally engulf the Dragon. A phoenix, mythological-ly speaking, is encompassed by fire. That's where all the inspiration comes from in shows (Pokemon's Ho Oh) and the Phoenix Force (Jean). The Dragon would be unable to use its breath, and, despite its rock hard scales, the Phoenix would burn it to death if it went in close.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Superskrull86

Phoenix

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Man didn't you guys ever watch Beyblade as a kid? Dragoon always beat Dranzer when they got stronger. Though Kai was BA and Dranzer, she was much cooler.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By EpitomeofCool

dragon kills the phoenix later the phoenix revies.....

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killemall
@alcoholbob said:
even the phoenix we knows from the comicbook?? look i have to totally admit i havent even read a single issue of dungeons and dragons but i thought PF was pretty much undefeatable (well she did admit she was less powerful than LT, but then that's goddam LT) 
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood_guts

this is way too unspecific. it could be a frost dragon or a phoenix from guild wars that isn't on fire and has no magical abilities

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jojjimbo

Tough fight, seeing as Phoenix are made of fire. that rules out the Dragon's fire breath...but on the other hand, what can a Phoenix do to hurt a  Dragon? other then the fact that it's made of fire and can rise from it's ashes upon death, what other powers do they have? and how will they be able to hurt a Dragon? also in most continuity Dragons skin is imune to fire right? until some one more knowledgeable on this subject can enlighten me on something I'm not aware of, I'm gonna say its a stalemate.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killemall
@jojjimbo said:
Tough fight, seeing as Phoenix are made of fire. that rules out the Dragon's fire breath...but on the other hand, what can a Phoenix do to hurt a  Dragon? other then the fact that it's made of fire and can rise from it's ashes upon death, what other powers do they have? and how will they be able to hurt a Dragon? also in most continuity Dragons skin is imune to fire right? until some one more knowledgeable on this subject can enlighten me on something I'm not aware of, I'm gonna say its a stalemate.
Well the Phoenix in marvel can do some crazy shit! :) u never know man..
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By alcoholbob
@Killemall said:

@alcoholbob said:

even the phoenix we knows from the comicbook?? look i have to totally admit i havent even read a single issue of dungeons and dragons but i thought PF was pretty much undefeatable (well she did admit she was less powerful than LT, but then that's goddam LT) 
Dungeons and Dragons is a franchise RPG on wargaming, tabletop, video game, and PCs. The rulesets for D&D are used for both Marvel and DC RPGs. D&D is basically the de-facto modern source of Western medieval fantasy other than Tolkien. It's permeated even Japan; much of Final Fantasy's boss monsters are based off of Dungeons and Dragons creatures.

In D&D the Dragons are basically gods walking on the mortal realm. They were the original race and humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, etc were all once slave/cattle races to the Dragons. Even demons of the abyss and immortal gods do not mess with dragons.

Phoenix is a pretty powerful creature but not within a Dragon's league.
Jaraka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jaraka

@alcoholbob: i agree and d&d is where the discussion originally arose but despite my claim to the dragons side my friend stuck with the resurrection as his argument for why the phoenix could not lose so we ended at stale mate and chose to post it on here

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix just comes back. It's basically a dragon with revive.

Avatar image for deactivated-59e0e7cc44079
deactivated-59e0e7cc44079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix Would Win in a Fight Against Because Even if Dragon Inflate His fire on Phoenix. Phoenix Will Not Die Because Phoenix is a Fire Bird.

Phoenix is a Fire Bird
Phoenix is a Fire Bird

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

bump

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be wrong but in some depictions I believe the Phoenix is a large magical bird that basically makes a pyre of its nest at the end of its life cycle. It burns to ash and then is reborn. There is only ever 1 in existence at any given time.

I don't think they are necessarily always on fire.

I can't think of any Phoenix related combat feats. The only active Phoenix character I can think of is Needle from the "Conan the Adventurer" cartoon. His sidekick, Needle (a juvenile Phoenix) did help him out a lot but rarely did he actually fight anything.

Dragons, on the other hand, are a common scourge in fantasy worlds. Plenty of feats to pull from. In Skyrim dragons were the leading causes of death and injury right after my Chaotic Evil Dragonborn and arrows to the knee.

Dragon wins. Phoenix resurrects later. Although, if a Phoenix were to resurrect in a fiery explosion inside a gassy dragon gullet...

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By those_eyes

Could be wrong but in some depictions I believe the Phoenix is a large magical bird that basically makes a pyre of its nest at the end of its life cycle. It burns to ash and then is reborn. There is only ever 1 in existence at any given time.

I don't think they are necessarily always on fire.

I can't think of any Phoenix related combat feats. The only active Phoenix character I can think of is Needle from the "Conan the Adventurer" cartoon. His sidekick, Needle (a juvenile Phoenix) did help him out a lot but rarely did he actually fight anything.

Dragons, on the other hand, are a common scourge in fantasy worlds. Plenty of feats to pull from. In Skyrim dragons were the leading causes of death and injury right after my Chaotic Evil Dragonborn and arrows to the knee.

Dragon wins. Phoenix resurrects later. Although, if a Phoenix were to resurrect in a fiery explosion inside a gassy dragon gullet...

Moltres from pokmeon is suppose to be a phoenix and has some decent feats but top tier dragons from pokemon are stronger.

Time, space, and anti matter control.

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vague thread is vague.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Dragon. It has the power to do whatever it wants.

No Caption Provided

Dogsofwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In d&d and pathfinder a Phoenix can be killed even after it revives by a spell called disintegrate. A phoenix can self-resurrect only once per year. If a phoenix dies a second time before that year passes, its death is permanent. So I'm going to say dragon

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragons are cooler, so they win

Avatar image for christine1958plymouthfury
Christine1958PlymouthFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Dragon Fires a Fire Breath on Phoenix, Phoenix Won't Die Because Phoenix Is Made of Fire.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

melon_vega18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix stomps

El_directo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix is immortal. That's like its most known trait. Dragon will lose eventually and it has no way to out down a Phoenix.