Dracula (Castlevania) vs Alucard (Hellsing)

• 81 results
SupermanGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SupermanGA

Fight to the death. Both are in character. No prep, no morals, both standard equipment and powers. Fight takes place in modern-day London.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

If Alucard can go to level 0, then I say he takes it, in a tough battle.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Level 0 would be the worst thing Alucard can do. For some reason people thinks it is his most powerful form, when in fact it is his weakest.

Alucard wins with the abilities of his familiars.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Level 0 would be the worst thing Alucard can do. For some reason people thinks it is his most powerful form, when in fact it is his weakest.

How so?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014 said:

How so?

Level Zero is powerful as per having a army of undead at his command, but it takes away Alucard the super durability he has. he is limited to one life in Level 0 unlike all the other levels before it he is limited to his 3,000,000 lives.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

@gojira2014: Didn't he go to level 0 in his fight with Incognito?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: Didn't he go to level 0 in his fight with Incognito?

Oh that was a totally different and non canon alucard TV show. The OVA Anime and Manga's are quite different than that crap Anime.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

@gojira2014: Oh, I see. That's the only anime I've seen with Alucard. That's why I said he should go to level 0. He seemed pretty unstoppable in that fight with Incognito. What's level 0 in the manga?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ms__omega

@ordinaryalan: Alucard has roughly 3 million souls he has consumed over the centuries when he powers up to lvl zero he releases all of those souls to fight for him he is control of all said souls and Alucard him self reverts to his original form is Vlad The Impaler. But there is a catch to this as said above his regeneration and durability is based on the number of souls that he has contained within his body. Since he releases all his souls as a massive army Alucard would be at his weakest form. But having to cut through an army of 3 million just to get a shot at Alucard is going to be extremely tough.

Watch Hellsing Ultimate its so much better and even Seras Victoria kicks some major ass in it ;)

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms__omega: I see. That's really interesting. I think I'll start reading the manga, it sounds awesome. Hopefully I can get a deeper look into the character.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms__omega: Actually all that soul stuff is mostly hyped by fans... It was never explicitly stated officially although Alucard hinted at it ad Anderson did guess that.

Also I would like to point out 2 things: as far as I can remember in the manga there was only 1 official way to kill a vampire and that was a blessed item through the heart and decapite him (at the same time IIRC) all other times where it appeared Alucard was killed is actually just him falling and regenerating afterwards (he doesn't actually die) so all his regeneration feats that don't include holy weapons (and even then Alucard is highly resistant too that) are still valid (pretty much he is just the same unless you manage to use holy weapons to take him down and pierce his heart as well as take of his head). The second thing is that Alucard has the ability to recall his souls when he sees that the time is fit and needs too (most notably near the end of the Millenium war where he was recalling all the souls of his familiars that had perished in battle, via drinking theirs and others blood) so there is no real loss too Alucard if all his familiars and armies are destroyed.

I would also like to point out that Alucard would not hold back with Dracula hence would not allow him to freely destroy his soul armies, as he did with Alexander Anderson, without interfering.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: Anderson did do that with his blessed swords decapitation and tried piercing his heart Alucard barely noticed.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms__omega: In their very first encounter Alucard said that if he was damaged by one of Anderson's bayonets that he could not heal from it (suggesting that any damage he sustained from them was healed after he lost one of his souls when Anderson pierced his body and heart through and through). Also Alucard when at level 0 and wanting Anderson to kill him said how great it would be for Anderson to sink his blessed weapons into him and kill him.

Although it may seem like he has no trouble healing from them in fact he stated himself that every time he's hit in the heart it is fatal and can't be healed (until of course a soul of his dies).

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: Whether or not Alucard loses one of his souls from lethal blows has honestly always confused me. When Anderson first uses Helena's Nail he stabs Alucard straight through the head. Now, considering that Alucard was at Level 0 when this happened, you would assume it would kill him, yes? Well, usually when I bring that up people say "Oh, well Anderson didn't chop his head off and pierce his heart so it had no effect on him". Well, that is not 100% accurate. You see, when Anderson stabbed Alucard in the head, you see that a big group of his familiars go up in flames. This brings be to two conclusions:

1. Any lethal blow with a holy weapon (regardless of the 'decapitation + heart stab' rule) not only take one of Alucard's souls, but multiple souls.

2. Now, we have to remember when this happened Alucard was in Level 0. So that means that even once Alucard's released his souls, he's still able to redirect lethal blows onto them. Because otherwise, Anderson's blow should have killed Alucard there and then.

Anyway, those are just my observations. If you would be so kind as to tell me what you think about this, it would be much appreciated.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman: The last one is a very good point and I have often wondered that myself but it relies on the first point being true/mainly true.

1. The reason Alucards army was bursting into flames was because of Anderdson burning them all with the power of the nail of Helena he channeled all his power into 1 bayonet and thrust it through his heart, it was this power that cause all Alucards souls to ignite in flames, and the only reason he lived was because Seres came in and prevented it from going further.

2. So based of the first bit it becomes true the Alucard can't actually kill a soul and not himself when his souls are no longer in his body.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman: The last one is a very good point and I have often wondered that myself but it relies on the first point being true/mainly true.

1. The reason Alucards army was bursting into flames was because of Anderdson burning them all with the power of the nail of Helena he channeled all his power into 1 bayonet and thrust it through his heart, it was this power that cause all Alucards souls to ignite in flames, and the only reason he lived was because Seres came in and prevented it from going further.

2. So based of the first bit it becomes true the Alucard can't actually kill a soul and not himself when his souls are no longer in his body.

Yeah, that makes sense. I wish it was explained a little bit better in the show though...

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schrodinger Alucard can't be killed by anyone without an ability to erase someone out of existence, Castlevania loses.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Castlevania Dracula pending that Schrodinger plot hax is off for this battle otherwise there really isn't much of a point in discussing it, so with that in mind Dracula has far better magic, has better minions, and has beaten much tougher opponents than Alucard, also it's interesting that I have been putting a respect thread together for Dracula and then this thread pops up, anyone who is interested can read it here, though it's far from finished.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Castlevania Dracula pending that Schrodinger plot hax is off for this battle otherwise there really isn't much of a point in discussing it, so with that in mind Dracula has far better magic, has better minions, and has beaten much tougher opponents than Alucard, also it's interesting that I have been putting a respect thread together for Dracula and then this thread pops up, anyone who is interested can read it here, though it's far from finished.

That is a good thread, but unless I missed something, Dracula's speed is not on par with Alucard. How is he touching him? And does he have a defense against Alucard's Baskerville hound?

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: Not on par with Alucards speed? it's going to take me a bit to weed through the cutscenes but he can more than keep up with Alucard who isn't exactly a speedster himself, He defeated Raisa who extremely fast, and I'd stack Draculas dragon form up against the Baskerville hound any day of the week, you can see it in action starting at 3:15 he uses it to kill Gorgon.

Loading Video...

Here is showing some of his speed though this is not the best still impressive though.

Loading Video...

Dracula outright blitzes Agreus at the end of this fight, as I said there is more but with over 3 hours of cutscenes to weed through it may take a while.

Loading Video...

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cpt_nice

@devil_driver:

I am gonna have to play those games, because that is sick.

But anyway, I stand corrected on the hellhound. In fact, Dracula's might be more impressive.

Alucard who isn't exactly a speedster himself

I hope you're joking with this, because all vampires in Hellsing are super casual bullet timers. Seras Victoria in the very first episode, during her first combat mission, was evading bullets while speeding towards her targets like it was nothing.

Loading Video...

Luke Valentine dodges blood splats by casually walking back and dodges machinegun fire from multiple opponents while in a narrow hallway.

Loading Video...

While Alucard never uses his speed to this degree, he is just as fast as these guys for sure, and probably A LOT faster. He hung with Anderson, who blitzed nazi vampires, who also dodged machine gun fire themselves.

And let's not forget his reaction speed, as when he caught Rip van Winkle's bullet with his teeth, a bullet which was easily hypersonic, probably mach 30 or faster.

So yeah, speed I am gonna give to Alucard, by far. Nothing Dracula does in those scenes is on par with that.,

I understand you are not really looking forward to looking through 3 hours of footage though, so I am not gonna ask. Dracula seems more impressive in general, but Alucard is still really fast.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: I've seen Hellsing I know what Alucard can do, being a bullet timer is fast but it isn't impressive compared to what true speedsters can do, and my overall point is that there is no real disparity in speed between them, when it comes to a fight. As for the cutscenes I am going through them for the respect thread in any event, but there is another element to Draculas power that I want to point out, which is he gains abilities of those whose blood he consumes.

I'll dig up some more clips to give a better impression.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: That really depends on your definition of a speedster. I think anyone who can blitz bullet timers is a speedster, but ymmv of course.

The sucking blood gives powers ability is the same for Alucard too.

As for the clips, I did not watch the 11 minute one because, like my man Yahtzee would say, "I got shit to do", but I did not see anything so far that points to Dracula's speed being even bullet timer level. He might have trouble with Alucard solely because he can't keep up with him. If you are busy going through clips anyway, could you post a short one that shows a notable speed feat, or a longer one with a mention of when I can start watching?

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Devil_Driver

@cpt_nice: For the first clip you only really need to watch the first four minutes honestly I just didn't see a shorter version in my rush, sure I can give you a clip of him avoiding a Satan possessed Alucards speed, and then speed blitzing Satan himself at the end of the game if you are willing to watch it. Start this clip at around 7:34 and watch from there.

As for the speed argument I'm not buying it you said yourself he has not shown this speed in combat, and I never saw it from any of his memorable fights in the anime, now I didn't read the manga so it's possible I missed it if it happened, but I feel after watching this clip it should put the speed argument to bed honestly, I think it's also important to keep in mind the difference in how speed is portrayed in comics, anime, and video games, sometimes a feat can look less flashy but still be impressive if you dissect it.

Loading Video...
cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: Well he was keeping up with Anderson, who blitzed nazi vampires, and he caught said bullet. So while his showings are somewhat limited, he is definitely at that level.

But yeah, based on the showings in what I saw, Dracula could take Alucard. It would be a good fight imo.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kbm

For the record Alucard has never needed to dodge a bullet, but he has caught them before.

Saving Integra from being shot from less than 10m range and catching Rip Van Winkle's Magic Bullet just to scare her. There might be other times but I can't think of any other times he's needed to.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Devil_Driver

@cpt_nice: I think the most likely scenario is that they don't kill each other at all but both are greatly entertained by the fight honestly, but in my opinion Castlevania Dracula is one of if not the most powerful incarnations of Dracula in all of fiction.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Alucard can go to level 0, then I say he takes it, in a tough battle.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 106me

Does Dracula have any quantifiable speed feats?

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: Caught a magic bullet so fast it blitzed the living s### out of a jet. With his teeth.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cpt_nice

@106me said:

Does alucard have any quantifiable speed feats?

As Thelocust said, caught Rip's bullet which is at its lowest estimates mach 30.

Comparable in speed to Anderson, who speedblitzed nazi vampires, who themselves are supersonic.

Bridged the distance from the London Bridge to the Trafalgar Square in 25 seconds. This would easily be 4 kilometers. And he was basically gliding down for a large part of the way.

Loading Video...

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: What I've shown is more than enough to keep up with Alucard, not that I am out to change anyones mind, I don't find it easy to qualify speed feats since I don't really do fan calculation.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alucard is hard to put down, but Dracula is no slouch. Dracula also seems to have more destructive capabilities... hmmm

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, first you have to ask yourself, what is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dracula.

While Alucard is powerful and while his soul count will prove to be a problem, I think Dracula`s experience coupled with his extreme abilities will give him the immovable edge also Dracula has beaten far more powerful enemies while Alucard`s only defense would be that he has arguably defeated faster enemies.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: I would also like to add that in Lords of Shadow 2 Dracula beat Raisa Volkova who was much faster than he was, to the point where he couldn't even keep track of her, and he did this in a weakened state, also Alucard doesn't seem to use speed blitz as a tactic in general.

I'm not trying to lowball Alucard here either, but yes Dracula does have the experience edge he is nearly 1,000 years old as of Lords of Shadows 2, it also says a lot that Death in the Castlevania verse serves Dracula as a minion, and he has beaten Satan twice, the gap in quality opposition is large.

LionsoLara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dracula brought Alucard in this world and he'll take him out. Honestly the Dracula from Castlevania lords of shadow 2 can turn into a dragon. As if he wasn't already OP. This is no contest imo. Dracula kills his son np. Dracula has a lot more powers and a lot more exp in killing. I don't care if there are die hard Alucard fanboys even they know the truth just don't want to admit it. There's no way Alucard from any game or show can beat Dracula.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Dracula beat Satan. He's second only to god. So Gabriel will win here

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice:

Can you please give me the calculation that shows Alucard can move at Mach 30?

@106me: What I've shown is more than enough to keep up with Alucard, not that I am out to change anyones mind, I don't find it easy to qualify speed feats since I don't really do fan calculation.

I was only asking because I didn't have the time to do it myself. However...

I'd like to start off by showing that Dracula does have teleportation which is linked to his Mist Form.

No Caption Provided

And an in gameplay:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The human eye can perceive images up to 0.013 seconds (13 milliseconds). Now, the distance looked about 20 feet which roughly equates to 6.1 meters, and Dracula closed that in 0.013 seconds or less, then he was moving at 1049.6393 mph. In mach numbers, that would be about Mach 1.3. So in terms of actual speed, Dracula can move at LEAST at supersonic speeds.

So with his teleportation combined with his already Supersonic speeds, he should be much faster than Alucard.

I'll look into some more speed feats for Dracula. (No spoilers please. I am still working on the game lol).

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... I'm shocked the alucard wankers haven't found this thread... anyway, Dracula schools him

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cpt_nice

@106me: I never said that Alucard is mach 30. He can react and catch a projectile which is mach 30 by fairly conservative estimates. http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=24430

Alucard himself is likely supersonic in the mach 3 range, comparable to other full vampires like Seras, who blitzes the weak nazi vampires, who are easily supersonic themselves

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christovgrigori: that's quite impressive. Of course, that won't kill the alucard hype that occurs on the vine

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's Gabriel, then he wins.

If it's normal Dracula. He loses.

Gabriel is too much for Alucard.