• 52 results
#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Strange

VS

Thor

Takes place in New York City. Random Meeting.
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.CURBSTOMP.

#3 Posted by lordraiden (7612 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Thor.CURBSTOMP."
#4 Posted by Rapist (182 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#5 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange has a much better chance if he has a week of prep time as the artifacts he can access and spells he can build in that time are incredibly potent.

#6 Posted by lordraiden (7612 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Strange has a much better chance if he has a week of prep time as the artifacts he can access and spells he can build in that time are incredibly potent."

Absolutely right! But as stated, this is a random encounter, with current versions of both characters, and current Strange, to put it mildly, is but a mere pale shadow of what he once was in his classic days (when he bacame an avatar of Eternity and took on the likes of universal/omniversal destroying beings) but alas, those days are gone and he's been reduced to almost street level by Bendis these days (NA, anybody)
#7 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"the creator said:
"Strange has a much better chance if he has a week of prep time as the artifacts he can access and spells he can build in that time are incredibly potent."

Absolutely right! But as stated, this is a random encounter, with current versions of both characters, and current Strange, to put it mildly, is but a mere pale shadow of what he once was in his classic days (when he bacame an avatar of Eternity and took on the likes of universal/omniversal destroying beings) but alas, those days are gone and he's been reduced to almost street level by Bendis these days (NA, anybody)"
I agree.
#8 Posted by King Saturn (225168 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor should win here with little problem against Strange
#9 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange would wreck Thor he knows Thor better then Thor knows himself he has complete control of the magic spectrum he can simply shut Mjorn off Strange is ranked like two levels ahead of Thor on Marvel's power chart

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: I don't think he can 'shut Mjolnir off'. Talisman might be able to but not Strange, specially not now.

Thor for the win.

On a side note I kinda like that they brought Strange back down to a manageable level and isn't Sorcerer Supreme anymore. I think it makes him more interesting that he can fail occasionally and the whole universe isn't destroyed.
#11 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: I don't think he can 'shut Mjolnir off'. Talisman might be able to but not Strange, specially not now.  Thor for the win.  On a side note I kinda like that they brought Strange back down to a manageable level and isn't Sorcerer Supreme anymore. I think it makes him more interesting that he can fail occasionally and the whole universe isn't destroyed. "
We are talking SS Strange he is much stronger then Talisman Thor came to him to help him with Mjorin Thor will not even be able to get through Dr. Strange's shields
#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:  Talisman absorbs magic and she 'turned off' her father's medicine pouch before, its kinda what she does. I've never seen Strange catastrophically affect anything as powerful as Mjolnir before. Mjolnir absorbs energy too so I'm thinking he can make it through Strange's shields.
#13 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  Talisman absorbs magic and she 'turned off' her father's medicine pouch before, its kinda what she does. I've never seen Strange catastrophically affect anything as powerful as Mjolnir before. Mjolnir absorbs energy too so I'm thinking he can make it through Strange's shields. "
You need to pick up some Dr. Strange essentials. He deals with stronger characters then Thor all the time
#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: And Thor deals with characters stronger than himself too, that's what makes it dramatic. I still think Thor being Thor fighting Strange being Strange that Thor comes out on top.
#15 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: And Thor deals with characters stronger than himself too, that's what makes it dramatic. I still think Thor being Thor fighting Strange being Strange that Thor comes out on top. "
I just went through my essentials and Dr. Strange has cast a spell to take over Mjorin
#16 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: And Thor deals with characters stronger than himself too, that's what makes it dramatic. I still think Thor being Thor fighting Strange being Strange that Thor comes out on top. "
I just went through my essentials and Dr. Strange has cast a spell to take over Mjorin "
Do you have scans of that? That's something I'd be very interested to see. 
#17 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primarch said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
I just went through my essentials and Dr. Strange has cast a spell to take over Mjorin "
Do you have scans of that? That's something I'd be very interested to see.  "

#18 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Although holding and taking over Mjolnir are very different things. Anything not alive can lift Mjolnir, but does Strange have something that would actually let him take over Mjolnir? Use its abilities? 

Even then, the scan above shoes Strange off in some secret lair performing a spell that appears to require equipment, this battle is a random meeting in NY city, he wouldn't be able to perform that in this encounter.

#19 Posted by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange stomps. 

Current Strange gets stomped. 

/Thread

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#21 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (722 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#22 Posted by darkslayer175 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

thor all the way

#23 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Mate, I think, right, that Strange is more powerful.

#24 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ricky_Gervais said:

Mate, I think, right, that Strange is more powerful.

Classic strange is way more powerful. Current isn't close enough.
#25 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps: Still too much for Thor though

#26 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ricky_Gervais said:

@stonerthps: Still too much for Thor though

Nope.
#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thunder God.

#28 Posted by TheSurfer (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should win this.

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:

Classic Strange stomps.   Current Strange gets stomped.   /Thread

#30 Edited by toby5678910 (340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son_of_Magnus said:

@Primarch said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
Do you have scans of that? That's something I'd be very interested to see. "

lol

#31 Posted by D3athstroke (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic strange wins easily

current one.. well lets say it wont be even fight thor will overpower everything he will throw at him

#32 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Strange, goes down HARD

#33 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Thor should win here with little problem against Strange

How does Thor beat someone on multiversal level of power?

#34 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

Classic strange wins easily

current one.. well lets say it wont be even fight thor will overpower everything he will throw at him

This.

#35 Posted by AlanisMorissette (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@toby5678910 said:

@Son_of_Magnus said:

@Primarch said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
Do you have scans of that? That's something I'd be very interested to see. "

lol

LOL!

#36 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter, Thor would take this. Other than that Strange stomps, any magic Thor tries to use would just be absorbed and as we all have seen before with his many encounters with Loki Thor is vulnerable to magic

#37 Posted by Bo88gdan (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would win

#38 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordraiden: I hate BENDIS! He sucks, freaking weakens everything and everyone in marval.

#39 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@CortSether said:

Classic Strange stomps. Current Strange gets stomped. /Thread
#40 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20262 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#41 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS aside Dr. Strange.

Current Dr. Strange from 616 in a future time line which is no longer canon to 616 did take away the whole Odin Force from Thor before Loki has to intervene with a PIS necklace. People are under-estimating Dr. Strange based on few low showings (none of which have actually been addressed here though).

#42 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

If random encounter Thor

#43 Posted by WALLCRAWLER (124 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by ShootingNova (19076 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the bump?

Classic stomps, current gets stomped.

#45 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

thor has 1000 years magic experience.

strange got his powers at like 50 and will die in like 30 years.

THOR will only get stronger.

#46 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has an I.Q. around "rock".

#47 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

@p0rtal said:

Thor has an I.Q. around "rock".

too stupid to be a superman fan.

#48 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (506 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor in a straight up fight. Prep gives Dr Strange the win.

#49 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (506 posts) - - Show Bio

@p0rtal: Thor has an IQ of around nuclear physicist:

#50 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio