• 52 results
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

At the site that I used to go to, this was a very popular thread because every underestimated Strange. With all the feats he's done, all the unlimited power he pretty much holds, I think he could take out Superboy Prime.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By the creator

He might be able to with lots of prep time as that is when he can prepare defenses and prepare other spells.

However, what many people forget is that a lot of his spells have a verbal component - especially the big spells.

Without prep time, in the time it takes for him to start uttering the first word, Superboy can have put his fist through Stranges head or simply cut him half with his heat vision.

Now if he had perp time, then he is very powerful. With prep time he has defeated extremely ancient and powerful demons/beings - but without that time Superboy wins.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Sparda

He has made indestructible force fields around himself and others without mumbling anything. The thing is that I don't think anyone can beat him with force alone. You'd have to have some sort of magic, or energy, or Power Cosmic (which didn't help Silver Surfer one bit). Strange has done some crazy stuff. He's time travelled to the beginning of time with Baron Mordu-who went insane at the sight. The prep time thing is true, but even with extremely little time, Strange has summoned armies of demons. I think he makes a barrier around himself, then wham!. SBP finds himself inside a Red Sun.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lantern Prime

Strange wins easily!

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator

Sparda says:

"He has made indestructible force fields around himself and others without mumbling anything. The thing is that I don't think anyone can beat him with force alone. You'd have to have some sort of magic, or energy, or Power Cosmic (which didn't help Silver Surfer one bit). Strange has done some crazy stuff. He's time travelled to the beginning of time with Baron Mordu-who went insane at the sight. The prep time thing is true, but even with extremely little time, Strange has summoned armies of demons. I think he makes a barrier around himself, then *wham!*. SBP finds himself inside a Red Sun."

These forcefields are far from Indestructible and the ones I recall him making have involved vocalisation of the spell.

Strange is a normal human without his magic - normal reaction speed, perception speed, endurance, durability etc.

Strange has been recently wounded in New Avengers by i belive a ninja.

If Superboy Primes strength and speed level is meant to be what it was pre Crisis on Infinite Earths then Strange has never faced an opponent with such reaction time, movement speed and raw physcial strength.

Imagine facing an opponent who can move almost as fast as the Flash and move planets.

Shuma Gorath (is that the right spelling ?) although massively powerful in energy manipulation, would struggle to move an entire planet out of orbit and certainly did not react at close to the speed of light as Strange had time to utter his incantations when he faced him in combat. He defeated Shuma through massive preperation, drawing even on Black Magic sources to do so.

We have seen Stranges forcefield be taxed by blows from a minorly annoyed Hulk. whose strength pales in to insignificance to SBoy Primes. Even if Strange summoned help (I doub't he would use demons for this fight), it would need to be hugely powerful, in the order of the Vishanti themselves to defeat SBoy Prime.

The best way for Strange to win this is to dimensionally transport SBoy Prime and thus claim the win.

To do this, he needs to prep a spell that instantly transports SBoy to another dimension if SBoy touches him.

All Strange needs to do then is hope his Forcefield withstands any heat vision attacks from SBoy (and these are far hotter than the current incarnation of superman's are).

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Sync

eerrrr here the master of magic, at the wiggle of his thumb he turn superby brain to a burrtio

how does superboy hear or see some who can attack you from a diffent plan, level of exteinces or dimersion????

hell he can teleport in time with sbp to his home, he will learn of his fears and create red kyponite, along with blue green and black, and wt else he feels

sbp is like so scewed or pawn

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NoBody134

HAHAHAHAHAHA

strange

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

With Prep Dr Strange every time with little effort but with out prep Strange can still win it'll just take abit longer to do so .

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator

Classic Strange would decimate Superboy Prime.

Avatar image for rex_the_rebel99
Rex_the_Rebel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr.Strange.Magic=weak Cryptonians.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange would decimate Superboy Prime.

I THOUGHT S.B WAS IMMUNE TO MAGIC

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although Superboy Prime is invulnerable to magic, that doesn't mean that he can't be affected by magic in indirect ways. Classic Strange can certainly win.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RetconCrisis

Dr.Strange.Magic=weak Cryptonians.

SBP is invulnerable to magic. Black Adam couldn't scratch him, and with Zatanna's help he was able to imprison a Mxy (without reality warping powers).

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By patrat18

I know Prime can get to him before he moves a finger Prime wins.

If strange have enough prep time he could take down Prime.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@patrat18: Prime can't blitz Strange since Strange have auto shields.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although Superboy Prime is invulnerable to magic, that doesn't mean that he can't be affected by magic in indirect ways. Classic Strange can certainly win.

Lolwut?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@homicidalmaniac: A guy who broke reality is not being stopped by magical shields.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: Magic cannot directly harm him, like as in Black Adam cannot directly harm him with his lightning. However it can indirectly defeat him as in use of dimensional barriers, shields, spells, etc.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has magic ever worked on him

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_red_viper  Moderator

@veravin: Dude... Classic Strange beat Shuma.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime without question

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty sure ive seen classic strange with auto force fields,besides that hes gonna wipe him away quick smart,classic was hanging with the L/T,was a kinda plot device hero taking on anyone.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any version of Dr Strange having trouble with Superboy Prime.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ddecourt

Stephen puts him on a bag, then proceeds to take out to the garbage along with SP. The end.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic strange wins via auto shield then summoning a cosmic entity and start kicking ass..

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

Probably Doc 9/10.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange with prep is one of the beastliest characters in all of comicdom. The guy took down Galactus. Granted Galactus was weakened due to hunger, but that's still one hell of a feat. I once put up Classic Strange with a month prep up against a Post-Death Jesus Christ (couldn't call on GOD for help)..... Fight got locked so fast it made my head spin, but I still think it's a genuinely good battle and Strange would've had a decent shot. Call me whatever you want, but I really think Classic Strange with prep would have a chance against the Undead son of God..... that's how powerful Strange is. If given any prep at all, Prime doesn't have a chance.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Strange

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

prime speed blitzs him before strange can even blink

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OP needs to add some details to this fight.... mainly if there's prep time or not. Even if there's not it's my understanding Strange has auto shields that are some of the strongest in comics. If they're really that strong Prime can TRY and speed-blitz.... but for once that won't work. So yeah, can we get some clarification on prep time, and.... can folks with more knowledge/resources than I post scans of Strange and his shields? Those two things could put this fight into context, because as of now.... due to lack of info, this fight could logically go either way..... which I wouldn't mind if the fight was set up with any kind of info at all. Maybe i'm in the minority but its for reasons such as this that I hate when people post simply A vs. B. fights with no backstory or context..... it makes most fights ridiculously difficult to debate in any kind of meaningful way.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pastepotpete1

@godzilla44 said:

prime speed blitzs him before strange can even blink

supa boyz would speed blitz himself into a reality called wonderland with alice and the mad hatter and how is going to know if he is speed blitzing himself into the real strange or a just projection?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By GhostRavage

Classic Dr. Strange has auto-shields that activate FTL IIRC.

Anyway, i think he wins.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime speedblitz him before Strange can shift his eye to see the impending doom that charges at him. Hell, he won't even see him coming just instant blackness. Prime would do it to unlike vanilla supes. He's a nightmare come to life. He destroyed Earth-15 with little to no effort. Every magical being of earth was at the mercy of his oppressive boot. The entire superman family couldn't stop him. Kid flash couldn't stop him. He almost speedblitz everyone there and killed them to death! He went up against the corps (murdering most of them. they actually had to recruit more lanterns ASAP) and the guardians killing one of the guardians in the process. Went up against the new ION who was also a Daxamite (making him more formidable even)and stomped him (who would beat strange easily). The only chance strange has is if he miraculously bfrs him, because as far as comics is concerned, you can't kill superboy prime.

that is actually what would happen he would get bfr'ed into hell and he would be a small fry

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazinghell:

WWh hulks mind is adept to handling psychic attacks, SBP has not been tested in that area or otherwise.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pastepotpete1

@blazinghell said:

@moonman78: I don't see how that would help Strange in anyway. Especially when Prime's reactions are faster than Strange's thoughts.

what if someone called u on the phone and u werent there there would be a voice recording right? dont u think that strange has some pre made spells ? if he didnt he wouldnt be getting his ass whuped by guys constantly ... what good is speed if super boy has nothing to punch strange with and the pre made spell turns his hands into silly puddy .. i think strange has some stuff in his house that if u touch it like a cystral ball u get locked in the ball or if u open a book a hurricane will come out of it ... i dont even think super boy would get close to him even if he did trash earth ( which i dont see how could being he doesnt have any kind of energy projection )he wouldnt get through stranges mystical barrier that surrounds his house he could trash the solar system in a blink of eye if he wants strange, no damage would occur to dr. stranger's crib and dr strange may be asleep in his still be asleep in his pj's

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete: Yea because he did that to WW Hulk? Oh that's right he didn't. Instead he got his hands smashed by a a guy much slower than Prime(who can move at lightspeed). He was also prepped for the Hulk fight and he still got stomped horribly. Now you're just making up non sense. Primestomps badly here.

Thats current Strange I think many of us is talking about classic Strange the being who passed all the tests of the LT with ease and can stop time with just a thought..

The dude summoned two cosmic entities like they were his maids can beat Galactus with a point of a finger.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete: well he did trash earth and that's a testament to his power. the fact that he did it without much of a sweat is even more frightening. he has high tier mystics throwing up energy projections at him and he tore through them like toilet paper. sure I can see strange putting up traps that would activate on prime's presence, but I don't see them doing anything to him that hasn't been tried before.

@xxgin: well it doesn't say which version but even then I don't see him standing much of a chance. the rules for this battle aren't very clear so I don't know if strange is allowed to bring in outside help. if we are talking about the prime from the crisis with his suit included then I have no idea how strange lives for more than a few seconds. in this battle you have to take into account whether or not strange can somehow counter a being that he won't be able to even see because prime can easily travel beyond lightspeed.

super boy can be as fast as he wants but u are aware that dr strange can read the future look into the future if he sees in his weather forecast 90 percent super boy coming in like a bull in a china closet he will just open a portal and give super boy a realm where he gets big giant horrible playmates to play with ..

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sbp is immune to magic. dr. strange is a magician. sbp wins.

TheKilBorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheKilBorne

If Classic or Sorcerer Supreme, then Strange

If normal then SBP

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points