Dr. Strange.

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@frisky4:

people are going to say he can mind rape him even tho he can't... strange wins...

Ibn_Khaldun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it is in Marvel universe I'd give the win to MMH.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@sophia89: why would it matter ? Given how powerful a telepath Stephen himself is he should be able to resist Martian Manhunter for a fair amount of time not to mention he himself has plenty of ways to take the Martian out of the fight.

He could freeze him in reality with a whisper , he could stop time or simply turn his insides into ice as he did against Dormammu.

Stephen when not impeded by story limitation is a very daunting opponent.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@claymore1998 said:

@sophia89: why would it matter ? Given how powerful a telepath Stephen himself is he should be able to resist Martian Manhunter for a fair amount of time not to mention he himself has plenty of ways to take the Martian out of the fight.

He could freeze him in reality with a whisper , he could stop time or simply turn his insides into ice as he did against Dormammu.

Honestly; out of curiosity, how often does Strange resort to such attacks as a first move?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@thetruebarryallen: I don't really remember him going straight to his hay makers, but he doesn't toy with people either.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Claymore1998

@thetruebarryallen: well freezing people into reality was the first movie Stephen used during a fairly recent issue of New Avengers.

Rest not so much as the first move but I would see that as a story limitation. Given the limitation of what Stephen can do it would be worrying to let him pull out bug moves first stuff in battle because there are frankly not many people who can compete with him.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@thetruebarryallen: I don't really remember him going straight to his hay makers, but he doesn't toy with people either.

Yeah; I'm just curious considering Strange is typically seen as a hero character, I just don't know if he'd jump directly to some of those attacks against a foe he knows nothing about.

Not trying to comment on who would win here; just trying to get more into some Marvel Characters.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RealityWarper

Strange

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Depends on what portrayal you see Stephen of. Normally in his solo issues and recently in Hickman's avengers he isn't really a black and white hero.

He is the chosen protector of 616 reality against mystic source and like what Steven Engelhard mentioned as a sorcerer supreme he doesn't have the luxury of being a hero.

He has dammed innocent souls , manipulated his beloved girl to steal her powers, nearly sold the entirety of his soul for godhood and recently killed a whole bunch of heroes from an alternate reality.

He is rather tainted in terms of morals. Sadly on most team issues though he is normally portrayed as goody two shoes and often underplayed.

Honestly a guy whose taken on dimension gods in their home turf and killed them , taken on the very embodiment of primal chaos , defeated universal mystical thread not having a way to deal with someone like Onslaught or a modified skull super being is hard to accept but it tends to happen.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Depends on what portrayal you see Stephen of. Normally in his solo issues and recently in Hickman's avengers he isn't really a black and white hero.

He is the chosen protector of 616 reality against mystic source and like what Steven Engelhard mentioned as a sorcerer supreme he doesn't have the luxury of being a hero.

He has dammed innocent souls , manipulated his beloved girl to steal her powers, nearly sold the entirety of his soul for godhood and recently killed a whole bunch of heroes from an alternate reality.

He is rather tainted in terms of morals. Sadly on most team issues though he is normally portrayed as goody two shoes and often underplayed.

Honestly a guy whose taken on dimension gods in their home turf and killed them , taken on the very embodiment of primal chaos , defeated universal mystical thread not having a way to deal with someone like Onslaught or a modified skull super being is hard to accept but it tends to happen.

Ah alright; I've only seen him in team ups with the Avengers which would explain why I traditionally see him in the hero role. I'm planning on reading his solo series that went from 1974 - 1987, maybe that'll give me a better glimpse of him!

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: sure that sounds like a fantastic idea. If you are to understand Stephen as a character he is meant to be I would recommend Strange Tales volume 2 and Doctor strange Sorcerer Supreme. The former is a story where Stephen finally steps out of his masters shadow reclaiming the title of the most powerful sorcerer on Earth , while the latter is the continuation of his story.

It's funny because you will find Silver Surfer outright admit he doesn't have the power to deal with Stephen when they face on his solo issue and chooses to flee in order to avoid bejng captured by Stephen but funnily enough Strange with significant help couldn't stop an angry Hulk despite having a rather large number of heroes helping him out in Hulk's solo issue.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: sure that sounds like a fantastic idea. If you are to understand Stephen as a character he is meant to be I would recommend Strange Tales volume 2 and Doctor strange Sorcerer Supreme. The former is a story where Stephen finally steps out of his masters shadow reclaiming the title of the most powerful sorcerer on Earth , while the latter is the continuation of his story.

It's funny because you will find Silver Surfer outright admit he doesn't have the power to deal with Stephen when they face on his solo issue and chooses to flee in order to avoid bejng captured by Stephen but funnily enough Strange with significant help couldn't stop an angry Hulk despite having a rather large number of heroes helping him out in Hulk's solo issue.

#BadConsistencythankswriters

JimboBchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strange wins

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: wait Super Giant had nothing to do with Stephen that was Ebony Maw. The story gets even complicated after it is revealed during Thanos a God up there listening that Ebony Maw had died a long time ago and only Thane could see him o_0

Though Rick Remember did have Stephen gets TPed by Onslaught so that is a blemish on his career.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By DrF8

Strange in a stomp. Anyone who says that MMH wins must be out of his mind.

No Caption Provided

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange wins

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: that issue with Wong was hilarious lol.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Claymore1998

Finally Stephen is getting the respect he deserves ^_^

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange Ftw

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@ordinaryalan: Who wins in those threads?

Most reply that classic strange wins and current strange loses.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By roaris87

Dr. Strange can produce fire correct? If so then Strange should win

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@thetruebarryallen: Dr Strange is an a hole though, much like Tony Stark. He's willing to fight dirty, use trickery, cheat, mind wipe, etc. IIRC he mind wiped captain American once, which was shown during original sin.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I didn't expect this to be so one sided

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Asmodeus12345
@thetruebarryallen said:

Ah alright; I've only seen him in team ups with the Avengers which would explain why I traditionally see him in the hero role. I'm planning on reading his solo series that went from 1974 - 1987, maybe that'll give me a better glimpse of him!

I recommend you his solos series from 2004 to 2010 too, but I would avoid the ones from 2009, and I can't forget about the old Strange Tales, in my opinion, Ditko and Stan Lee made a better job with Strange than most of the other writers(Bar some like Englehart), especially Strange Tales#146, which is considered one of the best comics about Doctor Strange even in the modern days, as well that the art from Ditko there is considered an innovation.

Another good books are Doctor Strange: What Is It That Disturbs You Stephen? and Doctor Strange: Into Shamballa, the last have one of the most beautiful artworks.

If you like Doctor Doom, then Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment is a good call.

I have all his appearances in every other books that aren't from his solos series too, so if you need anything is just say.

@claymore1998 said:

Are we talking about Doctor Strange: Flight of Bones? Because Dormammu easily reversed the effects:

And since when a being made of energy have blood? Really, that didn't make sense.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Strange

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89:

well if you think MMH>every telepath in Marvel (not saying you do), then that means MMH> Xman and I don't think Dr Stange would be able to resist Xman's TP

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

first hit first serve

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well if you think MMH>every telepath in Marvel (not saying you do), then that means MMH> Xman and I don't think Dr Stange would be able to resist Xman's TP

Well depends I suppose, most of his earlier stories does show he could at least resist even Xman's telepathy for some time, but the again Xman isnt the most powerful telepathic entity in Marvel actuality. That would be The Phoenix.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Claymore1998

@asmodeus12345 said:

Are we talking about Doctor Strange: Flight of Bones? Because Dormammu easily reversed the effects:

And since when a being made of energy have blood? Really, that didn't make sense.

I am not sure why Dormammu reversing the effect somehow changes the fact that Stephen can turn people's blood into ice O_o

Its not like Martian Manhunter has the ability to turn his blood magically back into blood.

And since when is Dormammu made of blood? He was on Earth occupying the body created out of the flesh for the Under child of that particular story .

zacmajor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Agreed.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn shuts Stephen's mind down or blitzes him.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn shuts Stephen's mind down or blitzes him.

Stephen has reasonable defense against TP to at least resist it for a reasonable time, and has sixth sense that was protected him in battle from a blitz, most notably against Silver Surfer, who from there on admitted he did not have enough ability to defeat Stephen.

From then on, Stephen himself has plenty of ways to defeat Martian Manhunter like stopping time, freezing him in reality, turning his blood into ice etc etc.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@claymore1998: The difference is J'onn is a lot faster than Surfer, and hits much harder than him. And I'm sorry, but let's be honest, lots Marvel characters, especially high tiers, rarely use their speed effectively in battles. Stephen doesn't have the reaction to keep up with J'onn. While Stephen has a massive amount of deadly powers, he just doesn't have the speed to keep with MMH. Not to mention Stephen rarely starts off using his crazy abilities.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: The difference is J'onn is a lot faster than Surfer, and hits much harder than him.

I disagree, specially because Jonn himself outright admit he is slower than Superman.

Hits much harder is hard to understand but it still wouldnt matter.

And I'm sorry, but let's be honest, lots Marvel characters, especially high tiers, rarely use their speed effectively in battles.

While i can agree to this , this wasn't one of those instance. Norrin consciously wanted to end the battle and capture him as soon as possible.

Stephen doesn't have the reaction to keep up with J'onn.

As mentioned earlier he has a sixth sense honed in battle that has helped in in the past.

Should the reaction speed not be sufficient, he has the ability to slow down and even outright stop time as well as the ability to speed himself up.

Catching up with speed is never going to be a problem for Stephen.

While Stephen has a massive amount of deadly powers, he just doesn't have the speed to keep with MMH. Not to mention Stephen rarely starts off using his crazy abilities.

I disagree. Also even in the very recent New Avengers issue Stephen froze a rather massive Avengers roster in reality right off the bat.