Dr. Strange vs Enchantress

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal Chaos

One on one, wizard to witch (no hand to hand)

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Valkaad

Tough call. even my gut feelings are conflicting on this one. If I say the enchantress. My reasoning is, that she has been practicing and perfecting her magic for thousands of years. I also think she would have an innate resistance to a lot of magic just because of her magical nature. It would seem that being asgardian would also give her a greater store of power and since her endurance is so much greater it would seem that she could exert herself longer. All that said Strange has faced and beaten (don't think he should have) Dormammu who is practically a god himself.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Valkaad says:

"Tough call. even my gut feelings are conflicting on this one. If I say the enchantress. My reasoning is, that she has been practicing and perfecting her magic for thousands of years. I also think she would have an innate resistance to a lot of magic just because of her magical nature. It would seem that being asgardian would also give her a greater store of power and since her endurance is so much greater it would seem that she could exert herself longer. All that said Strange has faced and beaten (don't think he should have) Dormammu who is practically a god himself."

That's why I posted this. I know both individuals are experts in magic and both have some serious experience, but I wasn't sure which was the more powerful magician. Enchantress (as you said) has thousands of years of experience with magic, and Dr. Strange was trained by the best of the best and won. They both have an astounding level of experience and power so I'm not exactly sure who'd come out on top.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Valkaad

Does anyone else have any input on this? I would really like to hear some more takes on this battle. People complain that we always see the same characters in battles, Eternal has come up with a classic, and no one is responding. Like I said, people complain about the same old same old, but If I put Superman vs Batman or Cap vs BP we'll have 50 posts.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By acewasp23

yeah i have a question how does Dr. Strange fight against dormammu or shuma gorath? either of them could take the Enchantress. i think strange would take the enchantress in a magic battle, loki on the other hand would have his way with strange (not that way LMAO). i do like this thread it doesn't have a transformer, big lizard, or any one from the DBZ universe in it. lol

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Forever

Dr Strange is way more powerful than the Enchantress. It's not even a contest.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator

Dr Strange is a lot more powerful.

The range of his spells and their power level are much greater than the Enchantress's.

Although she was stated as being within the top 10 Asgardian sorcerers, Strange is far more powerful.

She does have certain benefits in a fight - she is superhumanly strong (approx 20 tonnes), and has super human endurance and durability. I don't see her mesmerism of men coming in to play as Strange knows about it, he has one of the best controlled minds on the planet and he won't let her kiss him.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Interesting. I wasn't totally 100% sure exactly how powerful Strange was. I knew he was an incredible master of magic, and that he can probably take out Enchantress, but I wasn't totally sure.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Valkaad

The_Creator says:

"Dr Strange is a lot more powerful. The range of his spells and their power level are much greater than the Enchantress's. Although she was stated as being within the top 10 Asgardian sorcerers, Strange is far more powerful. She does have certain benefits in a fight - she is superhumanly strong (approx 20 tonnes), and has super human endurance and durability. I don't see her mesmerism of men coming in to play as Strange knows about it, he has one of the best controlled minds on the planet and he won't let her kiss him. "

I cannot diagree with you or Forever, because I can easily see that strange has shown a wider array of powers and abilities. My only dilemma is that Enchantress has been practicing magic for thousands and thousands of years. As a Goddess of Asgard she should have more innate magic wielding ability than any earthborn sorcery. I just have a hard time believing that with all of her experience and her heritage, that she couldn't utilize magic in all the ways that Dr. Strange does. Like I said, I am not disagreeing with you, because I can see both sides, and they haven't shown Enchantress do a lot of different things magically, but I can't believe that doesnt mean she can't do them.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator

Valkaad says:

"The_Creator says:
"Dr Strange is a lot more powerful. The range of his spells and their power level are much greater than the Enchantress's. Although she was stated as being within the top 10 Asgardian sorcerers, Strange is far more powerful. She does have certain benefits in a fight - she is superhumanly strong (approx 20 tonnes), and has super human endurance and durability. I don't see her mesmerism of men coming in to play as Strange knows about it, he has one of the best controlled minds on the planet and he won't let her kiss him. "
I cannot diagree with you or Forever, because I can easily see that strange has shown a wider array of powers and abilities. My only dilemma is that Enchantress has been practicing magic for thousands and thousands of years. As a Goddess of Asgard she should have more innate magic wielding ability than any earthborn sorcery. I just have a hard time believing that with all of her experience and her heritage, that she couldn't utilize magic in all the ways that Dr. Strange does. Like I said, I am not disagreeing with you, because I can see both sides, and they haven't shown Enchantress do a lot of different things magically, but I can't believe that doesnt mean she can't do them."

The old Thor comics are the best source for info on her.

She has battled agianst Demons and the like, clearly displaying flight, energy blasts, energy bands to entrap foes, shields, dimensional transport, transmutation, illusion casting, thought projection and much more.

Extremely talented - yes but the ability and scope of a persons powers lies not just in experience but in their potential. This is one of the things that the Ancient One recognised in Strange - huge potential and his potential is greater than that of the Enchantress.

She would seem to possess some inate magical energy, not on the level of Dormannu but a small amount. This would make her different to Strange as he only draws on external magical energy from entreaties with entities or dimensional magic. If I am right, this would provide her with an advantage in some instances as some places exist where dimensional magical energy is extremely limited and no beings can hear calls for entreaties.

In these places, she could still draw on her own personal magic.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By njones5

dr.strange

Avatar image for deactivated-6022d32c2b56e
deactivated-6022d32c2b56e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say enchantress would win a current strange. Enchantress has thousands of years of magic practice. Strange only has a few decades or so.. Also the nature of asgardians contributes a lot, asgardians naturally are better at wielding and using magic than mortals

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Strange loses

Strongest Strange wins...probably

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange ftw

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y: current strange is sorcerer supreme again

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Strange even w/o the s.s. title took on all the possessed Avengers including Thor. He is now back to being S.S. so he should be more powerful then Amora.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Hyperlight

Strange wins as S.S because he has patrons and is backed buy elder gods. amora on the other hand has much more experience and a bigger store of personal magic since she is asgardian and physically better ( she also has a greater affinity for magic). think amora wins of they only use there personal magical energies

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say enchantress could beat current strange. It would be close but i think her asgardian physiology could help her tank more damage also. If she were to land a spell on strange or pierce through his magics if could KO him.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Strange.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was Dr Strange vs The Enchantress…..I figured I post a link to them in an actual fight. That's all.

If you want my opinion of this fight I'd likely give it to Strange but not so much call it a stomp. The Enchantress is extremely powerful. She's laughed at Prof. X's power, killed the Hulk with one shot, turned back time, nearly destroyed the nine realms, etc. However she's not much of a fighter and seems to lack the focus needed to battle someone of Strange's skill. She's also rather arrogant and that tends to be her main down fall.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bones309 said:

This was Dr Strange vs The Enchantress…..I figured I post a link to them in an actual fight. That's all.

If you want my opinion of this fight I'd likely give it to Strange but not so much call it a stomp. The Enchantress is extremely powerful. She's laughed at Prof. X's power, killed the Hulk with one shot, turned back time, nearly destroyed the nine realms, etc. However she's not much of a fighter and seems to lack the focus needed to battle someone of Strange's skill. She's also rather arrogant and that tends to be her main down fall.

I don't want to sound rude or offensive, but we already have an idea of some users possessing a bit of preference towards certain characters when debating in the battle forums and likely always( Or at least most of the times) chose them based on personal taste. Hence the reason for me to question your motives.

I actually see that fight suggesting otherwise, but I think @wastelandman would be more interested in debating this than me.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this'd be much better if it was Current Strange v. Current Amora

Now if only I could remember where the hell Amora's last appearance was.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

If you want my opinion of this fight I'd likely give it to Strange but not so much call it a stomp. The Enchantress is extremely powerful.

It really is a stomp though. Strange already said he could defeat her handily and that's him morals-on and holding back:

No Caption Provided

In the same issue you posted, Strange pretty much beat her on a single page until Executioner stopped him.

She's laughed at Prof. X's power

Strange has dropped Emma Frost, who is above Xavier in TP, with a hand wave:

No Caption Provided

killed the Hulk with one shot

Strange made it clear he could kill one of Hulk's strongest incarnations, WWH, with a twitch of his finger:

No Caption Provided

turned back time

Her time manipulation doesn't even compare. In addition to being able to turn back time Strange can also speed it forward, slow it down, compress it on a molecular level, and even freeze time on a whim:

nearly destroyed the nine realms, etc.

I'm sure that has to do with one of her schemes and isn't relevant to this fight.

However she's not much of a fighter and seems to lack the focus needed to battle someone of Strange's skill. She's also rather arrogant and that tends to be her main down fall

She could be completely focused and it still wouldn't make a difference. She's a powerful sorceress for sure but she's just not on Strange's level.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jrupert1

@wastelandman: It's also worth noting she had just drained some of Rintrah's magic (until Strange saved him), and as Strange has said before, he actually has quite a bit of magical power. Not to mention a little of his own when he allowed her to kiss him (and failed to entrance). The whole point of the comic was she wanted to add Strange's power to hers.

Also, to back up your Hulk example with a solid feat, in Defenders #44 as Red Rajah (the gem doesn't enhance the wielder in any way) he dropped the Hulk with a single minor spell. And this isn't the only time he has done something like this.

In Defenders #108 Valkyrie was even quick to point out the difference between them.

No Caption Provided

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enchantress is the one of the top 5 in magic in Asgard Karnillia and Loki are above she has great power no doubt and if she had prep and could use her schemes she may find a way to beat strange, but without she really doesn't have much of a chance, Loki could but Amoras charms won't work on Stephen and he's on another level he would no doubt win a random battle

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Strange no doubt

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

If you want my opinion of this fight I'd likely give it to Strange but not so much call it a stomp. The Enchantress is extremely powerful.

It really is a stomp though. Strange already said he could defeat her handily and that's him morals-on and holding back:

No Caption Provided

In the same issue you posted, Strange pretty much beat her on a single page until Executioner stopped him.

She's laughed at Prof. X's power

Strange has dropped Emma Frost, who is above Xavier in TP, with a hand wave:

No Caption Provided

killed the Hulk with one shot

Strange made it clear he could kill one of Hulk's strongest incarnations, WWH, with a twitch of his finger:

No Caption Provided

turned back time

Her time manipulation doesn't even compare. In addition to being able to turn back time Strange can also speed it forward, slow it down, compress it on a molecular level, and even freeze time on a whim:

nearly destroyed the nine realms, etc.

I'm sure that has to do with one of her schemes and isn't relevant to this fight.

However she's not much of a fighter and seems to lack the focus needed to battle someone of Strange's skill. She's also rather arrogant and that tends to be her main down fall

She could be completely focused and it still wouldn't make a difference. She's a powerful sorceress for sure but she's just not on Strange's level.

Seriously? I feel like I'm being given a hard time here for nothing. I was simply trying to give her some props while agreeing that Strange wins. Honestly, the idea that Strange would have no issues or difficulties battling a sorceress of her skill, power, and age is pure fanboy nonsense. It may not be his most challenging fight but it'd hardly be a simple stomp. I've seen him stomped by less. It's like you went out of your way to make an issue of an argument I didn't really make here and I have to wonder why?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Strange wins.

willy_pingtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By willy_pingtom
WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

Seriously? I feel like I'm being given a hard time here for nothing. I was simply trying to give her some props while agreeing that Strange wins. Honestly, the idea that Strange would have no issues or difficulties battling a sorceress of her skill, power, and age is pure fanboy nonsense. It may not be his most challenging fight but it'd hardly be a simple stomp. I've seen him stomped by less. It's like you went out of your way to make an issue of an argument I didn't really make here and I have to wonder why?

You say you're agreeing with me but then proceed to say something I don't agree with. Strange basically beat her in a single panel until Executioner butted in. I'm pretty sure that counts as a stomp. Also, you say he's been stomped by much less yet you're claiming you agree he wins which is also contradictory. You're not making much sense.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

You say you're agreeing with me but then proceed to say something I don't agree with. Strange basically beat her in a single panel until Executioner butted in. I'm pretty sure that counts as a stomp. Also, you say he's been stomped by much less yet you're claiming you agree he wins which is also contradictory. You're not making much sense.

Honestly, even before I gave an opinion on this fight I was given an argument based upon an assumed opinion I never made. It's not a contradiction to say he'd win but simply say it'd be a challenge. Let's be fair, you have arguably the most powerful sorceress in Asgard here. To think it'd be a stomp seems like a miss use of the word. Dr. Strange vs the Rhino, is what I'd define as a stomp. Having him face a goddess who is of a magic level to simply kill people like Thor with a spell is hardly a stomp. I've given the issues that equal Dr Strange's win here….only to have you take issue with me simply saying she's hardly a push over.