#1 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

One on one, wizard to witch (no hand to hand)

#2 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call. even my gut feelings are conflicting on this one. If I say the enchantress. My reasoning is, that she has been practicing and perfecting her magic for thousands of years. I also think she would have an innate resistance to a lot of magic just because of her magical nature. It would seem that being asgardian would also give her a greater store of power and since her endurance is so much greater it would seem that she could exert herself longer. All that said Strange has faced and beaten (don't think he should have) Dormammu who is practically a god himself.

#3 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Tough call. even my gut feelings are conflicting on this one. If I say the enchantress. My reasoning is, that she has been practicing and perfecting her magic for thousands of years. I also think she would have an innate resistance to a lot of magic just because of her magical nature. It would seem that being asgardian would also give her a greater store of power and since her endurance is so much greater it would seem that she could exert herself longer. All that said Strange has faced and beaten (don't think he should have) Dormammu who is practically a god himself."

That's why I posted this. I know both individuals are experts in magic and both have some serious experience, but I wasn't sure which was the more powerful magician. Enchantress (as you said) has thousands of years of experience with magic, and Dr. Strange was trained by the best of the best and won. They both have an astounding level of experience and power so I'm not exactly sure who'd come out on top.

#4 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else have any input on this? I would really like to hear some more takes on this battle. People complain that we always see the same characters in battles, Eternal has come up with a classic, and no one is responding. Like I said, people complain about the same old same old, but If I put Superman vs Batman or Cap vs BP we'll have 50 posts.

#5 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i have a question how does Dr. Strange fight against dormammu or shuma gorath? either of them could take the Enchantress. i think strange would take the enchantress in a magic battle, loki on the other hand would have his way with strange (not that way LMAO). i do like this thread it doesn't have a transformer, big lizard, or any one from the DBZ universe in it. lol

#6 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Strange is way more powerful than the Enchantress. It's not even a contest.

#7 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Strange is a lot more powerful.

The range of his spells and their power level are much greater than the Enchantress's.

Although she was stated as being within the top 10 Asgardian sorcerers, Strange is far more powerful.

She does have certain benefits in a fight - she is superhumanly strong (approx 20 tonnes), and has super human endurance and durability. I don't see her mesmerism of men coming in to play as Strange knows about it, he has one of the best controlled minds on the planet and he won't let her kiss him.

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I wasn't totally 100% sure exactly how powerful Strange was. I knew he was an incredible master of magic, and that he can probably take out Enchantress, but I wasn't totally sure.

#9 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Dr Strange is a lot more powerful. The range of his spells and their power level are much greater than the Enchantress's. Although she was stated as being within the top 10 Asgardian sorcerers, Strange is far more powerful. She does have certain benefits in a fight - she is superhumanly strong (approx 20 tonnes), and has super human endurance and durability. I don't see her mesmerism of men coming in to play as Strange knows about it, he has one of the best controlled minds on the planet and he won't let her kiss him. "

I cannot diagree with you or Forever, because I can easily see that strange has shown a wider array of powers and abilities. My only dilemma is that Enchantress has been practicing magic for thousands and thousands of years. As a Goddess of Asgard she should have more innate magic wielding ability than any earthborn sorcery. I just have a hard time believing that with all of her experience and her heritage, that she couldn't utilize magic in all the ways that Dr. Strange does. Like I said, I am not disagreeing with you, because I can see both sides, and they haven't shown Enchantress do a lot of different things magically, but I can't believe that doesnt mean she can't do them.

#10 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"The_Creator says:
"Dr Strange is a lot more powerful. The range of his spells and their power level are much greater than the Enchantress's. Although she was stated as being within the top 10 Asgardian sorcerers, Strange is far more powerful. She does have certain benefits in a fight - she is superhumanly strong (approx 20 tonnes), and has super human endurance and durability. I don't see her mesmerism of men coming in to play as Strange knows about it, he has one of the best controlled minds on the planet and he won't let her kiss him. "
I cannot diagree with you or Forever, because I can easily see that strange has shown a wider array of powers and abilities. My only dilemma is that Enchantress has been practicing magic for thousands and thousands of years. As a Goddess of Asgard she should have more innate magic wielding ability than any earthborn sorcery. I just have a hard time believing that with all of her experience and her heritage, that she couldn't utilize magic in all the ways that Dr. Strange does. Like I said, I am not disagreeing with you, because I can see both sides, and they haven't shown Enchantress do a lot of different things magically, but I can't believe that doesnt mean she can't do them."

The old Thor comics are the best source for info on her.

She has battled agianst Demons and the like, clearly displaying flight, energy blasts, energy bands to entrap foes, shields, dimensional transport, transmutation, illusion casting, thought projection and much more.

Extremely talented - yes but the ability and scope of a persons powers lies not just in experience but in their potential. This is one of the things that the Ancient One recognised in Strange - huge potential and his potential is greater than that of the Enchantress.

She would seem to possess some inate magical energy, not on the level of Dormannu but a small amount. This would make her different to Strange as he only draws on external magical energy from entreaties with entities or dimensional magic. If I am right, this would provide her with an advantage in some instances as some places exist where dimensional magical energy is extremely limited and no beings can hear calls for entreaties.

In these places, she could still draw on her own personal magic.

#11 Posted by njones5 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

dr.strange

#12 Posted by GhettoSwag (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say enchantress would win a current strange. Enchantress has thousands of years of magic practice. Strange only has a few decades or so.. Also the nature of asgardians contributes a lot, asgardians naturally are better at wielding and using magic than mortals

#13 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Strange loses

Strongest Strange wins...probably

#14 Posted by dondave (37550 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Strange ftw

#15 Posted by dondave (37550 posts) - - Show Bio

@m0ntyb0y: current strange is sorcerer supreme again

#16 Posted by chiq (1965 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange even w/o the s.s. title took on all the possessed Avengers including Thor. He is now back to being S.S. so he should be more powerful then Amora.

#17 Edited by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange wins as S.S because he has patrons and is backed buy elder gods. amora on the other hand has much more experience and a bigger store of personal magic since she is asgardian and physically better ( she also has a greater affinity for magic). think amora wins of they only use there personal magical energies

#18 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Id say enchantress could beat current strange. It would be close but i think her asgardian physiology could help her tank more damage also. If she were to land a spell on strange or pierce through his magics if could KO him.