Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I don't know if this has been done but I want a legitimate answer with reasoning. I have heard that magic in DC is stronger than in Marvel but I'm not sure.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

Which version of Dr Fate are we talking about here ?

Is the most widely known full helmet, Nabu/Kent Nelson one prior to the recent magic changes in the DC universe

or is it the new one who appears post the magic changes.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

The_Creator says:

"Which version of Dr Fate are we talking about here ?Is the most widely known full helmet, Nabu/Kent Nelson one prior to the recent magic changes in the DC universeor is it the new one who appears post the magic changes."

Well, it would be great if you could explain these said magic changes to me or maybe give me a scenario for both.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"I don't know if this has been done but I want a legitimate answer with reasoning. I have heard that magic in DC is stronger than in Marvel but I'm not sure."

Magic in the DC universe is much more unstable at the moment.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the creator

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"The_Creator says:
"Which version of Dr Fate are we talking about here ? Is the most widely known full helmet, Nabu/Kent Nelson one prior to the recent magic changes in the DC universe or is it the new one who appears post the magic changes."
Well, it would be great if you could explain these said magic changes to me or maybe give me a scenario for both."

Not asking for much are you.......

OK here goes.

The wearer of the Nabu helmet fate basically had access to the hugely powerful magic powers of a Lord of Order (Nabu). This means that although he cast spells to provide form and access the power, the power was Nabu's own power.

He could entreat other entities to gain other benefits/lend more power but he has massive personal power.

Added to this the helmet provided him with flight, invulnerability, super strength and enhanced endurance - making the host a more suitable vessel for the power. Kent Nelso also would be advised by Nabu - a mhuge liabry of spells, oppoent knowledge etc.

Now Dr Strange has no 'personal' power. He gets all his spells from entreaties with powerful spirits/beings or from accessing other energy sources - like dimensional energies. This is a weakness that has been exploited in the past by choosing certain battle grounds to limit his access to enegy sources.

Strange does however have access to some huely powerful artifacts on him. Strange however has human frailties.

We have seen the old Dr Fate stand up for a limited time to the Spectre and that is no mean feat.

On the other hand we have seen Dr Strange defeat ancient alien/demons from the dawn of time.

Based on these 2, I would say that the old Dr Fate is more powerful.

Now with magics significant change in the DC universe, I am not sure what the long term impact is. Hell, I'm not sure if DC do yet. In the upcoming Countdown to Mystery we will see the return of Kent Nelson to the Helemt of Fate.

We do know that Nabu's influence is gone - maybe it's just an energy reserve with a variety of enhancing spells on it (as seen in the recent 4 one shot comics). There still seems to be residual knowledge tied up in the helmet though.

However with power level / knowledge level of the new Dr Fate unclear, I would err on the side of caution and thus go with dr Strange to win this one.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Thanks Creator, I appreciate it.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By utotheg38

dr strange

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Needlebay

GA Dr. Fate, Fate wins.

Hector Fate, Fate wins.

Current Fate, well there is no Fate yet. So, Strange.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

dr strange