Dr. Strange merged w/ Arioch & Shuma-Gorath runs the Gauntlet

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How far does Strange/Arioch/Shuma-Gorath get into the gauntlet? He is fully healed in between rounds.   

Battles are won by death or destruction of the person's/entity's body. There is no BFR. 

Who stops him? 

Note: Because of the nature of mystic characters it's somewhat difficult to determine where exactly to put characters on the gauntlet. No comments about "these guys should be moved higher/lower" please. If the merged Strange/Arioch/Shuma-Gorath stop at a round, just say which round and explain why.

Dr. Strange merged with Arioch's essence and Shuma-Gorath's energy.
 Dr. Strange merged with Arioch's essence and Shuma-Gorath's energy.

1) Kulan Gath, Nicholas Scratch, Kaluu, Mordo, Ancient One, Brother Voodoo on Earth 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

2) Blackheart, Mephisto, Satannish, Thog and Marduk Kurios in Mephisto's Realm  

No Caption Provided
Incredible Hulk # 418
Incredible Hulk # 418
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3) Surtur and all of the Asgardians in Asgard 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4) Zom without his restraints in a neutral dimension 
No Caption Provided

5) Dormammu and Umar in Dormammu's Dark Dimension 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

6) Cyttorak in his Crimson Cosmos 

No Caption Provided

7) Chthon and Set in Chthon's realm 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

8) The  Vishanti in Agamotto's Realm  
No Caption Provided

9) The In-Betweener 
No Caption Provided

10) Lord Chaos and Master Order (Separately)  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

11) Lord Chaos and Master Order (Combined)  

No Caption Provided

12) Highly fed Galactus (he doesn't have the Ultimate Nullifier) 

No Caption Provided
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

I would say if he gets past the 6th round, which Im unsure about (I'm still trying to decide about the various philosophies regarding Cytorrak), then he gets to the 12th round, where he is stopped.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tron_bonne
@Prince CortSether said:

1) Kulan Gath, Nicholas Scratch, Kaluu, Mordo, Ancient One, Brother Voodoo on Earth 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I am shaky on The Ancient One, he can merge with everything and might siphon the powers of Shuma against Arioch. Needless to say, Arioch isn't the wisest crackshot of omnipotent beings. Ancient One might beat him.

2) Blackheart, Mephisto, Satannish, Thog and Marduk Kurios in Mephisto's Realm  

No Caption Provided
Incredible Hulk # 418
Incredible Hulk # 418
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Again, Mephisto might technically be weaker than Arioch, but he is the master trickster here. Mephisto might win through some kind of PIS.

3) Surtur and all of the Asgardians in Asgard 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arioch might win this because because these characters are just to forward, and despite Odin being wise, he is a hot head and just as reckless as Thor.  

4) Zom without his restraints in a neutral dimension 
No Caption Provided

Arioch could beat Zom by PIS or BFR. Wait... No BFR? Then Zom wins.

5) Dormammu and Umar in Dormammu's Dark Dimension 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They they have the aid of their Principalities, they could beat Arioch, but then again there's a Shuma Gorath in here so they might loose.

6) Cyttorak in his Crimson Cosmos 

No Caption Provided

Cyttorak would win. Shuma would exhaust itself trying to sip energy that never goes away.

7) Chthon and Set in Chthon's realm 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The only way these guys can beat Arioch (Shuma powered) is if they pushed him back out of their dimension and lock the door.  I don't think Chthon is smart enough to come up with a PIS maneuver to beat him. 

8) The  Vishanti in Agamotto's Realm  
No Caption Provided

PIS and BFR. But it is likely to be a stalemate all over again.

9) The In-Betweener 
No Caption Provided

If In-Betweener is not powered by the Living Tribunal, he will surely loose from Arioch/Shuma

10) Lord Chaos and Master Order (Separately)  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aroich/Shuma

11) Lord Chaos and Master Order (Combined)  

No Caption Provided

Arioch/Shuma 

12) Highly fed Galactus (he doesn't have the Ultimate Nullifier) 

Galactus will probably be the easiest one to beat.

No Caption Provided
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daak1212

Hopefully Lord_oraculus or w/e his name is comes, he would thrive in this thread.

Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Prince CortSether
@tron_bonne: The gauntlet is Dr.Strange as he appeared when merged with Arioch and Shuma-Gorath, not Strange, Arioch and Shuma-Gorath separately fighting the others. 
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tron_bonne
@Prince CortSether said:
@tron_bonne: The gauntlet is Dr.Strange as he appeared when merged with Arioch and Shuma-Gorath, not Strange, Arioch and Shuma-Gorath separately fighting the others. 
My comment was Arioch with Shuma's powers. I totally left out Dr. Stange which is pretty strange itself and I don't know why I did it. 0_0
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lord_oraculous016

1) Kulan GathNicholas ScratchKaluuMordoAncient OneBrother Voodoo on Earth 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

he passes them all.. :P 

2) BlackheartMephistoSatannishThog and Marduk Kurios in Mephisto's Realm  

No Caption Provided
Incredible Hulk # 418
Incredible Hulk # 418
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

i think that it has been established that Hell-Lords such as Mephisto and Satannish are way below Old Ones such as Shuma-Gorath where the two were once described "mice in a great temple" when the two ventured to one of Shuma's lesser temples.. i think Doctor Strange win clear this as well.. 

3) Surtur and all of the Asgardians in Asgard 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

he would clear this.. remember during Mighty Avengers when the Elder God Chthon manifested on Earth Dimension via his corporeal host Quicksilver.. he managed to banish the entire Asgard into a void dimension without significant effort.. Doctor Strange granted the power of Shuma-Gorath would without doubt clear this stage.. 

4) Zom without his restraints in a neutral dimension 

No Caption Provided

now here is the part where it becomes a bit tricky.. Zom is a very powerful demonic being.. i would still put Shuma-Gorath in top of him though but fighting in a neutral dimension may go either way..  

5) Dormammu and Umar in Dormammu's Dark Dimension 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

i think Doctor Strange can clear this stage.. granted it takes place in the Dark Dimension, but base of hierarchy, an Old One is far more powerful than any Faltine..  

6) Cyttorak in his Crimson Cosmos 

No Caption Provided

Dr. Strange would clear this stage in my opinion.. he was banished from Earth thousands of years ago, and though the battle may take place inside the Crimson Cosmos, an Old One is still very much up the hierarchy than any unknown god/demon/alien..

7) Chthon and Set in Chthon's realm 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ah, battle of the most powerful demons in existence.. epic.. the thing is, both Shuma-Gorath and Chthon were both described as omnipotent within their realms, this may be an advantage to the Elder Gods.. Set alone is at the very least is a universal buster seeing how much the Watcher's fear his possible return.. seeing how both Set and Chthon is not far below or even possibly equal to Shuam-Gorath in power, they may just pull of a victory.. 

8) The  Vishanti in Agamotto's Realm  

No Caption Provided

ah, a much awaited re-match i see.. but now, the battle is in Agamotto's realm, home turf of one of their ranks.. Shuma-Gorath stalemated the Vishanti on a neutral realm, but the scenario may give the Vishanti an edge..  

9) The In-Betweener 

No Caption Provided

imo, Doctor Strange may pull of a win.. first and foremost, he was not powered by the Living Tribunal.. LT was preventing the involvement of Master Order and Lord Chaos in the fight.. 

10) Lord Chaos and Master Order (Separately)  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

these two are virtually feat-less so it is hard to decide.. but it is clear that Mistress Death is above both of them.. i would Doctor Strange in a tight fight..  

11) Lord Chaos and Master Order (Combined)  

No Caption Provided
this is even harder than the previous one.. but regardless, i think they are still below Death even with their combined powers.. i'll say 50/50.. i'm not really sure..   

12) Highly fed Galactus (he doesn't have the Ultimate Nullifier) 

No Caption Provided

Galactus' feats have been a bit inconsistent these days.. but he is still one of the great powers of the universe.. if they would battle in a neutral dimension, i say it would be tough but Doctor Strange will eventually win due to Galactus' power drops in every battle.. 
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boobster

Lord_oraculous as always says nonsense.
I am not sure they will get past Zom. And Galactus would curb stomp their asses through the Multiverse.

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lord_oraculous016
@Boobster said:
Lord_oraculous as always says nonsense. I am not sure they will get past Zom. And Galactus would curb stomp their asses through the Multiverse.
^_^
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Boobster said:
Lord_oraculous as always says nonsense. I am not sure they will get past Zom. And Galactus would curb stomp their asses through the Multiverse.
What makes you think Zom would stop Strange merged with Shuma and Arioch?
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galactus is the easiest one in the gauntlet after inbetweener and mephisto
he should be in round 2 or 3
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Boobster
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
Zom I think is the most powerful mystical entity, Ancient One couldn't beat him, Umar who had spells from thousand dimensions ran away from him, and Strange even with Ancient one power couldn't do jack to him. Of course, Strange can try to remove that forelock again, but that would summon Living Tribunal, who would eliminate him and Strange with octopus in a single gesture.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tron_bonne

^ I'm partially going to agree with the big boobed for once. ^

Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
Zom I think is the most powerful mystical entity, Ancient One couldn't beat him, Umar who had spells from thousand dimensions ran away from him, and Strange even with Ancient one power couldn't do jack to him. Of course, Strange can try to remove that forelock again, but that would summon Living Tribunal, who would eliminate him and Strange with octopus in a single gesture.
But with that being said, it doesn't show he's above Shuma-Gorath, let alone Dr.Strange merged with Shuma-Gorath, Arioch and all sorts of black magic. 

The Ancient One knew he was a dead man once he knew Shuma was targeting Earth, and he couldn't prevent Shuma-Gorath from mind raping him from 1,000 dimensions away. Strange was never able to do jack to Shuma-Gorath either under normal circumstances, and under his normal power he and  Kaluu (who's more or less the Ancient One's equal) both got stomped and fled from Shuma-Gorath's servant, Ghaszaszh Nyirh.   

That being said, Zom has mostly shown nothing but hyperbole anyway. Dormammu was able to bind him in the Chains of Living Bondage before Eternity imprisoned him in a vase/amphora. There's no clear way to tell if Dormammu pwned Zom first and then let Eternity imprison him of if they both owned him at the same time. But seeing as how  Strange was holding his own against Zom even before the Ancient One gave him his power, I find it hard to believe that Eternity would need to join forces with Dormammu in order to defeat him.  

Shuma-Gorath alone has better feats than Zom.
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boobster
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
But with that being said, it doesn't show he's above Shuma-Gorath, let alone Dr.Strange merged with Shuma-Gorath, Arioch and all sorts of black magic. 

The Ancient One knew he was a dead man once he knew Shuma was targeting Earth, and he couldn't prevent Shuma-Gorath from mind raping him from 1,000 dimensions away. Strange was never able to do jack to Shuma-Gorath either under normal circumstances, and under his normal power he and  Kaluu (who's more or less the Ancient One's equal) both got stomped and fled from Shuma-Gorath's servant, Ghaszaszh Nyirh.   That being said, Zom has mostly shown nothing but hyperbole anyway. Dormammu was able to bind him in the Chains of Living Bondage before Eternity imprisoned him in a vase/amphora. There's no clear way to tell if Dormammu pwned Zom first and then let Eternity imprison him of if they both owned him at the same time. But seeing as how  Strange was holding his own against Zom even before the Ancient One gave him his power, I find it hard to believe that Eternity would need to join forces with Dormammu in order to defeat him.   Shuma-Gorath alone has better feats than Zom.
He is clearly above Shuma-Gorath, that monster can shield his presence even from LT, what does Shuma have to counter that ? We don't know the circumstances of him being binded into those chains, nor do we know how Eternity imprisoned him. Strange wasn't holding his own, he shit his pants and teleported Zom so he would beat Umar.
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:

The Ancient One knew he was a dead man once he knew Shuma was targeting Earth, and he couldn't prevent Shuma-Gorath from mind raping him from 1,000 dimensions away. Strange was never able to do jack to Shuma-Gorath either under normal circumstances, and under his normal power he and  Kaluu (who's more or less the Ancient One's equal) both got stomped and fled from Shuma-Gorath's servant, Ghaszaszh Nyirh.   That being said, Zom has mostly shown nothing but hyperbole anyway. Dormammu was able to bind him in the Chains of Living Bondage before Eternity imprisoned him in a vase/amphora. There's no clear way to tell if Dormammu pwned Zom first and then let Eternity imprison him of if they both owned him at the same time. But seeing as how  Strange was holding his own against Zom even before the Ancient One gave him his power, I find it hard to believe that Eternity would need to join forces with Dormammu in order to defeat him.   Shuma-Gorath alone has better feats than Zom.
He is clearly above Shuma-Gorath, that monster can shield his presence even from LT, what does Shuma have to counter that ? We don't know the circumstances of him being binded into those chains, nor do we know how Eternity imprisoned him. Strange wasn't holding his own, he shit his pants and teleported Zom so he would beat Umar.
His creator gave him the forelock which would shield his presence, and Strange embarrassed him by ripping it off and summoning LT. Strange was stalemating Zom most of the entire fight. Shuma's feats are greater than Zom's. And considering Strange with part of Zom's power in him got beat by Hulk, well...
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Boobster
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:

His creator gave him the forelock which would shield his presence, and Strange embarrassed him by ripping it off and summoning LT. Strange was stalemating Zom most of the entire fight. Shuma's feats are greater than Zom's. And considering Strange with part of Zom's power in him got beat by Hulk, well...
So ? If he does the same in the fight, they're lost because LT would demolish everyone, Zom, Strange, octopus.
Strange wasn't stalemating Zom, he was holding his own for a bit when he got Ancient One's power, and Zom was still owning him and destroyed his cape.
Strange got beat by Hulk because he realised he was hurting innocents.
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:

So ? If he does the same in the fight, they're lost because LT would demolish everyone, Zom, Strange, octopus. Strange wasn't stalemating Zom, he was holding his own for a bit when he got Ancient One's power, and Zom was still owning him and destroyed his cape. Strange got beat by Hulk because he realised he was hurting innocents.
LT only banished Zom because the removal of his forelock set a mystical imbalance. Shuma-Gorath's evil was balanced out by The Vishanti yet there was nothing to balance Zom's mystical aura. The Doctor Strange who fought Zom was younger and far more inexperienced than the Strange who beat the Water Elemental, Shuma's first agent. And yet he still held his own against Zom. Nothing about that fight was impressive at all, or at least impressive enough to say that Zom would be a match for Shuma-Gorath.  
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By demifiend

why galactus is the last one?

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Boobster
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Boobster said:

So ? If he does the same in the fight, they're lost because LT would demolish everyone, Zom, Strange, octopus. Strange wasn't stalemating Zom, he was holding his own for a bit when he got Ancient One's power, and Zom was still owning him and destroyed his cape. Strange got beat by Hulk because he realised he was hurting innocents.
LT only banished Zom because the removal of his forelock set a mystical imbalance. Shuma-Gorath's evil was balanced out by The Vishanti yet there was nothing to balance Zom's mystical aura. The Doctor Strange who fought Zom was younger and far more inexperienced than the Strange who beat the Water Elemental, Shuma's first agent. And yet he still held his own against Zom. Nothing about that fight was impressive at all, or at least impressive enough to say that Zom would be a match for Shuma-Gorath.  
If just a removal of his forelock is enough to set a mystical imbalanca that only LT could prevent, what is Shuma going to do to him ? Remove that forelock and get a new foe ?
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fondofpacman

Zom, Chthon and Set, and Cyttorak in his own dimension are the only ambiguous battles in the whole gauntlet.  

I don't think there's any way anyone would even argue that  Dark Magic Dr. Strange merged with with Arioch & Shuma would not just blink anyone else on the list out of existance if he was so inclined. 

Ofcourse there's not enough info to say EXACTLY how powerful Dr. Strange was at this point (specifically whether or not he could take out  Zom, Chthon and Set, and Cyttorak in his own dimension), but he was part Dr. Strange...who's tricky and resourcefull, part Arioch...who's near infinite, and has the power of Shuma...a trans-infinite who constantly absorbs mytical energy. 

So I'm not sure what a trans-infinite, who can passively leach his enemies energy,  has his power bolstered by Arioch and Dark Dr. Strange, and has the added brains and resources of Dr. Strange is capable of...should probably be able to run through the whole gauntlet... 

I'm not sure about Chthon and Set...but people say Cyttorak is omnipotent in the crimson cosmos, yet he was almost killed by Juggernaut in his own dimension, so I call BS on that. I hate the writing in most comics...they should have freaking meeting when they talk about using abstracts and infinite reality warpers in a plot.
Ortsab Ecnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ortsab Ecnal
@fondofpacman: read page 8. if you have any questions or statements, just bump up the thread.