Who wins?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pokeysteve

Flash takes them both out before the signal to start is over.

Other than that, Thor and Wonder Woman's unknown degree of magic resistance could factor......probably.........not.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By xeon1cs

@Pokeysteve said:

Other than that, Thor and Wonder Woman's unknown degree of magic resistance could factor......probably.........not.

Don't think Flash is going to be blitzing Classic Strange.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DickGrayson

I'd say Classic Strange and Fate have this. Superman is going down easily considering he is week to magic. Basically strange and Fate together are near unstoppable.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Asagod

Well, if they're going all out, Flash and Superman could try to speedblitz them; however I think that Classic Strange is a really great threat. I think that Avengers and JLA working together could take the sorcerers, but I don't think it would be easy.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Classic Strange or Classic Fate can both solo

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AngryHulks

@Pokeysteve said:

Classic Strange have auto-shield, it took beings like Cyttorak to break it.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DickGrayson

@AngryHulks: Yes, as this one says.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beautifulrevery

Classic Strange DECIMATES them both fairly easily.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By robertloucksjr

@AngryHulks said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Astral Loki was busting his shield too - http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Stats/LokiMagicPower02StrangeTales123.jpg

I think the teams take this. Martian can mess with their minds and Mjolnir is a magical weapon that should be somewhat hard for the wizards to stop.

Can Ms. Marvel drain magic energy?

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By beautifulrevery

@robertloucksjr said:

@AngryHulks said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Astral Loki was busting his shield too - http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Stats/LokiMagicPower02StrangeTales123.jpg

I think the teams take this. Martian can mess with their minds and Mjolnir is a magical weapon that should be somewhat hard for the wizards to stop.

Classic Strange deals with magic of a far higher order than Mjolnir so I doubt he'd have any trouble dealing with the hammer.

I'm not sure if Ms. Marvel can drain magical energy but I'm gonna guess no. Can someone get confirmation on the strength of his shield?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlackWind

Fate and Strange win this and then go make fun of Harry Potter.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Malevolent1

Rollin' with the mystic duo on this one. Sheesh, the two of these characters together?

Avengers and JLA get worked over.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xeon1cs

@robertloucksjr said:

@AngryHulks said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Strange has basically taken control of Mjolnir and played around with it before via magic.

Even if she could, this is bloodlusted Classic Strange. 90% of the people here are going to be instantly killed.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By robertloucksjr

@beautifulrevery said:

@robertloucksjr said:

@AngryHulks said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Classic Strange deals with magic of a far higher order than Mjolnir so I doubt he'd have any trouble dealing with the hammer.

I'm not sure if Ms. Marvel can drain magical energy but I'm gonna guess no. Can someone get confirmation on the strength of his shield?

Higher than Mjolnir? Mjolnir was enchanted by Odin. It can let its wearer fly/absorb energy/God Blast/open interdimensional doors/block about anything. Never needs to be recharged. Using it does not make its bearer tire. Loki can't seem to stop it. I think I would take it over the Eye of Agamatto.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xeon1cs

@robertloucksjr said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@robertloucksjr said:

@AngryHulks said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Higher than Mjolnir? Mjolnir was enchanted by Odin. It can let its wearer fly/absorb energy/God Blast/open interdimensional doors/block about anything. Never needs to be recharged. Using it does not make its bearer tire. Loki can't seem to stop it. I think I would take it over the Eye of Agamatto.

Classic Strange could basically do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist

@robertloucksjr: I do belive you rate Odin magic Hammer over Agamattos Magic Orb?

Hells to the No.

Agammoto > Odin first off.

Vishanti >>>>> Odin and Zeus Combine second off.

Classic Strange >>>>>>>>>>>> Classic Thor, or >>>>>> Odin Thor, or >>> Rune King Thor third off

Seriously totaly outclass here.

@Malevolent1 said:

Rollin' with the mystic duo on this one. Sheesh, the two of these characters together?

Avengers and JLA get worked over.

Co-Signed

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By beautifulrevery

@robertloucksjr said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@robertloucksjr said:

@AngryHulks said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Classic Strange could do all of that and then some. He was a multiversal power at his peak. The Eye of Agamotto was just the tip of the iceberb for him. I believe he also drew power from the Vishanti and other high order abstracts. He also had access to dark magic which kind of screwed him in the end and he lost the title of sorcerer supreme but I digress.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AngryHulks

@xeon1cs said:

@robertloucksjr said:

@AngryHulks said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Strange has basically taken control of Mjolnir and played around with it before via magic.

Even if she could, this is bloodlusted Classic Strange. 90% of the people here are going to be instantly killed.

Not to mention Strange fused Thor's essence, while possessing Odin Force with Mjolnir, and that's jobbing, modern Strange.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sabracadabra

I am hardly an expert. but couldn't MM mind control them? i seem to remember classic strange once being controled by dracula.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By beatboks1

I know OP doesn't state it but I'm asuming fate is Classic Level too since Strange is??

@Pokeysteve said:

How would he do that when he's never been able to do it to Zoom. Classic Strange and Classic Fate both have time manipulation, which makes them potentially faster than Flash.

@robertloucksjr said:

More powerful minds than MM have been devastated by attempting to mind control Fate. Classic fate let's remember is two entities Kent Nelson and Nabu the wise. So he's have to face two minds not one. Added to which without his mystical artifacts Kent is almost as powerful a TPer as MM and with them 10 to 40 times more. He's more powerful at TK too having telekinetically moved a planet into a sun. Plus also without his mystical talismans he's as strong and durable ans Superman, and immortal. As for Mjilnor being a problem, Fate is one of the Lords of Order who draws on the power of the others. He has at his disposal the power of several Skyfathers. he's used the power of Amon Ra, and many others. I seriously doubt the Ms Marvel can drain sufficient energy to deal with two multiversal level characters.@robertloucksjr said:

Classic Strange has faced and defeated (through plot) beings far more powerful than Odin. Classic Fate is an Odin level being. therefore both above a below Odin level talisman of power.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokeysteve

@beatboks1 said:

I know OP doesn't state it but I'm asuming fate is Classic Level too since Strange is??

@Pokeysteve said:

How would he do that when he's never been able to do it to Zoom. Classic Strange and Classic Fate both have time manipulation, which makes them potentially faster than Flash.

Strange has auto shields according to the 30 god damn people to quote me (Lol seriously guys!) but assuming he didn't it isn't the same as Zoom. Strange still has to think which Flash can do faster. It's moot anyways. From what I'm reading of Classic Strange here, this seems a little spiteish.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlackWind

Classic Fate and Strange are monsterously nasty. Fate could teleport the planet into a black hole if he wanted.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fondofpacman

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

this

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fondofpacman

@sabracadabra: Yea, Dracula got one by Strange that time by sort of catching him by surprise when he looked into his eyes, I agree that was a low showing for Strange. But still, it wasn't enough to keep him down for long, Strange just beat him using his astral form afterwards, and the version of Dracula in that arc was pretty dirty. And Doc has mind control feats that can rival pretty much anyone else's.

Here Umar (Dormammu's sister) tries to mind attack the Doc, but now that he's the sorcerer supreme, he easily stops the attack and completely mind f$%ks Umar.

Here the Doc mind-f@$ks Galactus.

I'm not a DC expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I doubt MM is on par with Umar, as she's a powerful extradimensional sorceress and would likely take any non-mystic humanoid in any mind battle, including Professor X IMO.

@Pokeysteve: Here's an old auto shield example for Classic Strange, I might have more I can dig up if anyone's interested. His auto shield is called the Shield of Everlasting Enchantment.

http://imageshack.us/a/img291/2600/autoshield4uo.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img291/1337/autoshield26so.jpg

Tjdes63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tjdes63

@Pokeysteve: Really? Is this a spite thread? I tried my hardest to not make it a spite thread. Hell, if it's a spite thread, let's throw Hulk into the Avengers bracket and Shazam into the Justice Leagues bracket. I am aloud to do that right?

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fondofpacman

@Tjdes63: Well, any thread with Classic Strange runs the risk of being alittle lopsided. The guy just has ridiculous feats and is a plot-device creating machine, yet writers still needs to have him come close to losing to the story's villains to make things interesting, so battles with him can get a little confusing. It's usually safer, IMO, to just use late 80's-90's Strange in battles, since he's still basically the same character as Classic Strange, but he's notably toned down so that he doesn't go around beating guys like Galactus in 2 seconds.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#28  Edited By TheCannon

@DickGrayson said:

I'd say Classic Strange and Fate have this. Superman is going down easily considering he is week to magic. Basically strange and Fate together are near unstoppable.

This

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Tjdes63 said:

@Pokeysteve: Really? Is this a spite thread? I tried my hardest to not make it a spite thread. Hell, if it's a spite thread, let's throw Hulk into the Avengers bracket and Shazam into the Justice Leagues bracket. I am aloud to do that right?

I'm not sure. Don't go by me as I don't know much of Classic Doc. I've seen other battles with him and people make him out to be unbeatable.

@fondofpacman: Nice scans. In the first one the blast hurt Strange. I don't know what kind of blast it was but how would his shields hold up to an IMP? On a side note, remember the older issues like.....pre '95 maybe, where they were huge and it took a good 20 minutes to read just one and now you can buzz through two or three in that amount of time. That's crazy.

_The_Ant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _The_Ant_

There are entire SETTINGS that don't have anyone that can stand up to Classic Strange.  With Fate acting as his sidekick, he'll just say "Ixnae oxiae, enemies, go awayae" and both the JLA and the Avengers will promptly cease to have ever existed.   This is a guy who casually pimpsmacks Galactus level enemies around.  

Avatar image for davidearlhutchinson
davidearlhutchinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robertloucksjr: No because Doctor Fate wears the Helm of Nabu which shields him from all forms of mental attacks and usually only he himself can remove the helm.

Tjdes63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tjdes63

@fondofpacman: Guess you're right. I kinda just wanted to see what people thought. I knew Strange and Fate were strong, but I didn't think they'd be strong enough to kill both teams.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

_The_Ant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By _The_Ant_
@Tjdes63 said:

@fondofpacman: Guess you're right. I kinda just wanted to see what people thought. I knew Strange and Fate were strong, but I didn't think they'd be strong enough to kill both teams.

Classic Fate and especially Classic Strange were just in their own league.  
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fondofpacman

@Pokeysteve: Yea, there's no beating those 60's-early 80's Dr. Strange stories, they're involved and deep as heck. Great writers back then. I think the initial blast that hurt him was some big gun or something (I don't really remember, but the guy he was fighting was like some extra-dimensional combination of Lex Luther and Dr. Doom). I'm not sure what an IMP is, but Strange mentions how his shield is "immune to the finite forces of mere science", so take that however you want, could be him just bragging.

I'd say Dr. Strange as a whole has inconsistent showings for a few reasons:

• He's usually toned down in power whenever he's in a story with other mainstream heroes (to keep him from just immediately solving the conflict and ending the story since few other characters have villains that can compare to the sort of guys he fights)
  • Sometimes he's Sorcerer Supreme Strange (after the Ancient One died) and other times he's not holding the Sorcerer Supreme mantel at all, and users rarely specify which version they are showing when they post scans.
  • Strange was intentionally toned down when Marvel decided to do all the cross-over stories like Infinity Gauntlet and Secret Wars, which is probably the main reason why people need to specify "Classic" or "Modern" Strange, since he was so heavily debuffed.
  • Usually he's only in real danger when the glowing anch (the cross with the hole up-top) appears on his forehead, which only shows up only when he's close to death, so it can be argued that he's sort of sandbagging it whenever that's not on his forehead.
Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sethlol

Fate or Strange can solo.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pokeysteve

@fondofpacman said:

@Pokeysteve: Yea, there's no beating those 60's-early 80's Dr. Strange stories, they're involved and deep as heck. Great writers back then. I think the initial blast that hurt him was some big gun or something (I don't really remember, but the guy he was fighting was like some extra-dimensional combination of Lex Luther and Dr. Doom). I'm not sure what an IMP is, but Strange mentions how his shield is "immune to the finite forces of mere science", so take that however you want, could be him just bragging.

I'd say Dr. Strange as a whole has inconsistent showings for a few reasons:

• He's usually toned down in power whenever he's in a story with other mainstream heroes (to keep him from just immediately solving the conflict and ending the story since few other characters have villains that can compare to the sort of guys he fights)
  • Sometimes he's Sorcerer Supreme Strange (after the Ancient One died) and other times he's not holding the Sorcerer Supreme mantel at all, and users rarely specify which version they are showing when they post scans.
  • Strange was intentionally toned down when Marvel decided to do all the cross-over stories like Infinity Gauntlet and Secret Wars, which is probably the main reason why people need to specify "Classic" or "Modern" Strange, since he was so heavily debuffed.
  • Usually he's only in real danger when the glowing anch (the cross with the hole up-top) appears on his forehead, which only shows up only when he's close to death, so it can be argued that he's sort of sandbagging it whenever that's not on his forehead.

An IMP is a punch from a speedster at near light speeds. Wally was able to KO a White Martian with one. I'm not sure it qualifies as "mere science" but we'll never really know. You know I think you're the only one on here I've ever seen actually post a scan for Classic Strange.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fondofpacman

@Pokeysteve: Heh, yea, there's not too many guys on here who are big into the less mainstream 60s-70s Marvel comics, but they are out there.

Regarding that light-speed punch, if it did tag Strange before he could put up a more significant shield and Strange wasn't messing with any time-manipulation crap, I could see him maybe getting knocked out or something. I've definitely seen Classic Strange staggered by physical attacks when caught by surprise, although they're usually done by a partially mystic powered entity (like a Mindless-One, Juggernaut, or some demon), and we do see him on the ground after the non-mystic attack from that one gun. But if he's really focused, I don't see speed blitzing as being a viable option against him due to his more hearty shields (like the Shield of the Seraphim), time-manipulation power, teleportation, and astral projection ability.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

No, Carol cannot drain mystical energy at the rate necessary to affect either Fate or Strange. She is about as useful as a salmon carcass here.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jay_z94

Flash could take them out if they didn't have auto shielding since he can break the time barrier. If he can't get past the shields, the magicians stomp.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate win.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers