JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Grim: 

Perhaps.  (sorry. I'm going to have to type single spaced, because comicvine is acting up on me)
Dr. Manhattan isn't a time traveler. And his abilities aren't the same as all of those time travelers (I didn't say Dr. Manhattan was). He specifically says that he's a slave to time. Literally. All other time travelers can, but won't - won't, not can't. Big difference. Dr. Manhattan can't. Want proof? Okay.  1. Every vision of Dr. Manhattan's comes true. 2. He specifically says he's a slave to time. 3. He's never done anything to change the future. You see, I'm using the comic and movie as my source. While you are assuming "facts."
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By SevanGrim
@SilverSentry said:
" @FLCL1 said:
"Dr.M has no feats so he has no place here "
This "
that i can agree with. trying to balance him out with not-too-over-the-top assumptions is tough work when dealing with the likes of comicvine.
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SevanGrim
@JediXMan: 
 I dont have my comic in front of me, but ive been reading it since i was 12, so i sure i can play this by ear.
 1. They come true because they arent visions. He's LIVING THEM at all points. he explains this several times in the comic. He isnt seeing the future, he is living the future simultaniously with the past.
 2. Manhattan is very vague the whole comic. The point is supposed to be that he sees things at a level so far above what humans do, that its like a 100 year old man talking to an ant. When a kid asks you where babies come from, or how the government works, you give them a vague BS answer, designed to limit their questions because you dont want to spend the next hour explaining a complicated system that they still wouldn't understand. Its the way of every time traveler and Precog out there. they dont give you the truth cuz its not worth the time and effort to explain.  
 But its entirely possible (and probable) that he is saying it much the same as someone says the MUST obey the law. There isnt really some mystic force holding you to the law, its just your knowing that breaking the law is wrong. Once again, if Manhattan really felt he had to win, im sure he would at least try to change the outcome of the fight.
3. in the first Batman comics, batman didnt take ballistics off a bullet. we know he can now, with years of comics and tv and movies telling us hes capable, but in those first comics he did not. 
 Watchem is one comic in which Manhattan had no need to change the future. The one time he might have tried to change the past to change the future was the time he couldnt see the future  in the past because of the tachyon screen Ozymandias put into effect. If Manhattan could see what Ozy was going to do with his device at the beginning of the comic, do you think he would have kept building it as a "slave"? I dont think so either.  that was the point of making that "weakness". Ozy knew if he could see what he was doing, Manhattan would try to stop it. 
 your basing a being of vast powers abilities on what he portrayed in one story, and not on what would logically fit into his power set.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Grim: 

1. I know all of that. Still doesn't change the fact that what he sees (or "lives") ALWAYS comes true.

2. He's not that vague. He specifically says this quote: "We are all puppets. I'm just a puppet that can see the strings."

3. Bad answer. If we were talking about Batman in his original appearance, and then said he could take "ballistics off a bullet," then it would be untrue because you have no proof. Same thing here.

Anything not shown is nothing more than an assumption.

That's right. I am. If it's not shown that a person is capable of a feat, then he isn't. Period. You are making assumptions. That is all they are; nothing more, nothing less.
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By forze
@Grim: 

Most people here are close minded.  Trying to reason with them so they can see your point of view is almost close to impossible.  They only look at your arguement long enough to argue back, but most of the time they don't care to understand where you're coming from.  That's why most people here use the "no feat" arguement alot, because they can't reason pass what is already known.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@forze said:
" @Grim:  Most people here are close minded.  Trying to reason with them so they can see your point of view is almost close to impossible.  They only look at your arguement long enough to argue back, but most of the time they don't care to understand where you're coming from.  That's why most people here use the "no feat" arguement alot, because they can't reason pass what is already known. "
Well, you see, we use that argument because... well...

HE HAS NO FEATS.

Think of it this way. There's a thread in the 60s with Silver Surfer in it (pretend the internet was around for a minute). He would lose against most characters due to lack of feats. Now look at Silver Surfer now; lots of feats. But he didn't at the time, and that's all that counted.

If Alan Moore decided to make a Watchmen 2 (yeah, right) and made all those arguments canon, then sure, Manhattan would beat a lot more characters than he does right now. But until then, unless there's a source, it's not true.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:

"Well, you see, we use that argument because... well...  HE HAS NO FEATS.  Think of it this way. There's a thread in the 60s with Silver Surfer in it (pretend the internet was around for a minute). He would lose against most characters due to lack of feats. Now look at Silver Surfer now; lots of feats. But he didn't at the time, and that's all that counted.  If Alan Moore decided to make a Watchmen 2 (yeah, right) and made all those arguments canon, then sure, Manhattan would beat a lot more characters than he does right now. But until then, unless there's a source, it's not true. "

He has feats, just nothing to make him on par much less a fight for with Classic Strange, Silver Surfer, Rune Lord Thor and the dozens of characters people put him up against in threads for some godly unknown reason.  
Especially against magic, I figure Fate or Strange could easily get rid of him. 

Edit: Although it depends what they mean Doom at full power, the guy made himself omnipotent once and has stolen about half a dozen people's powers to amp himself to crazy levels.  
So team 2 might have round 2 depending exactly what gas Doom is running on at full power, he has his pick of the litter.
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SevanGrim
@JediXMan: 
 1. We are now officially going in circles. Whats happening RIGHT NOW is coming true because its happening. Its not coming true. Its happening. His powers really arent precognition. They resemble precognition and time travel mixed together, but in reality their just a sort of omni-existence. 
2. like i said, dont have the comic in front of me, but im pretty sure several of the other characters suggest that hes never telling them everything, and that he sees them as children. And he is vague in what he tells the characters, we just have the upper hand of seeing whats going on from outside the fourth wall. he doesnt explain things properly to anyone unless they've already figured it out or its relevant that they know it.
3. Batman has always had them most hi tech stuff available to him, tons of money at his disposal, and the best schooling and training in almost everything. To assume he cant do something that the average police precinct could is absurd.

thats a silly way to see things. I've never seen that person talk, so he cant. 
 its not like im making Manhattan out to be a god or anything. everything ive said has been very reasonable to his abilities, simply comparing what we know about him to others who we know more about. 
 if your really so against assumptions, then your first post should have been that this thread is null. There is no proof that magic would affect him either.
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By forze
@JediXMan: 

Thanks, I didn't know that Dr. M has no feats.  I'll keep that in mind.  I guess I can only aspire to be at the level of logical reasoning on par with you.  Makes me wish that I have Dr. M's foresight so I won't be in a state of  such suspense.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By daak1212
@Hellos said:
"@JediXMan said:

"Well, you see, we use that argument because... well...  HE HAS NO FEATS.  Think of it this way. There's a thread in the 60s with Silver Surfer in it (pretend the internet was around for a minute). He would lose against most characters due to lack of feats. Now look at Silver Surfer now; lots of feats. But he didn't at the time, and that's all that counted.  If Alan Moore decided to make a Watchmen 2 (yeah, right) and made all those arguments canon, then sure, Manhattan would beat a lot more characters than he does right now. But until then, unless there's a source, it's not true. "

He has feats, just nothing to make him on par much less a fight for with Classic Strange, Silver Surfer, Rune Lord Thor and the dozens of characters people put him up against in threads for some godly unknown reason.  Especially against magic, I figure Fate or Strange could easily get rid of him.  Edit: Although it depends what they mean Doom at full power, the guy made himself omnipotent once and has stolen about half a dozen people's powers to amp himself to crazy levels.  So team 2 might have round 2 depending exactly what gas Doom is running on at full power, he has his pick of the litter. "

Lol Mahattan and Beyonder powerd Doom
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Grim said:

" @JediXMan:  1. We are now officially going in circles. Whats happening RIGHT NOW is coming true because its happening. Its not coming true. Its happening. His powers really arent precognition. They resemble precognition and time travel mixed together, but in reality their just a sort of omni-existence.  2. like i said, dont have the comic in front of me, but im pretty sure several of the other characters suggest that hes never telling them everything, and that he sees them as children. And he is vague in what he tells the characters, we just have the upper hand of seeing whats going on from outside the fourth wall. he doesnt explain things properly to anyone unless they've already figured it out or its relevant that they know it. 3. Batman has always had them most hi tech stuff available to him, tons of money at his disposal, and the best schooling and training in almost everything. To assume he cant do something that the average police precinct could is absurd.   thats a silly way to see things. I've never seen that person talk, so he cant.   its not like im making Manhattan out to be a god or anything. everything ive said has been very reasonable to his abilities, simply comparing what we know about him to others who we know more about.   if your really so against assumptions, then your first post should have been that this thread is null. There is no proof that magic would affect him either. "

My point is, however, that he outright said that he is a puppet like everyone else. He doesn't have precognition; he is more or less one with time. He can't change it. He just exists.

It's not just that he hasn't. It's that all evidence points to the fact that he is, like I said, a puppet. He talks down to them, but he doesn't lie. 
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By forze

Halftime.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By beatboks1

This ones a non event. At lowest power level ( GA appearances in More Fun Comics) Dr Fate is Dr Manhattan (move/control energy and matter in and around him bend it to his will). At his highest power levels he's = Spectre (interestingly most of his SA depictions were Spectre level unless the Spectre was present when he was shown as just below). His greates feat was to recreate existence (with a jesture)after a battle between him and a lord of Chaos destroyed it ( 1985 Immortal Dr Fate, I'm pretty sure the story in question was also a reprint from a 70's action or adventure). Dr Strange has defeated most of Marvels Gods so I don't see teh two of them being troubled even if it was Beyonder Powered Doom.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hellos
 @beatboks1 said:

"This ones a non event. At lowest power level ( GA appearances in More Fun Comics) Dr Fate is Dr Manhattan (move/control energy and matter in and around him bend it to his will). At his highest power levels he's = Spectre (interestingly most of his SA depictions were Spectre level unless the Spectre was present when he was shown as just below). His greates feat was to recreate existence (with a jesture)after a battle between him and a lord of Chaos destroyed it ( 1985 Immortal Dr Fate, I'm pretty sure the story in question was also a reprint from a 70's action or adventure). Dr Strange has defeated most of Marvels Gods so I don't see teh two of them being troubled even if it was Beyonder Powered Doom. "

Well I can see the problem. :P 

Oh boy am I lagging.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Hellos
 @beatboks1 said:

"This ones a non event. At lowest power level ( GA appearances in More Fun Comics) Dr Fate is Dr Manhattan (move/control energy and matter in and around him bend it to his will). At his highest power levels he's = Spectre (interestingly most of his SA depictions were Spectre level unless the Spectre was present when he was shown as just below). His greates feat was to recreate existence (with a jesture)after a battle between him and a lord of Chaos destroyed it ( 1985 Immortal Dr Fate, I'm pretty sure the story in question was also a reprint from a 70's action or adventure). Dr Strange has defeated most of Marvels Gods so I don't see teh two of them being troubled even if it was Beyonder Powered Doom. "

Oh boy am I lagging.
iComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By iComics
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Grim said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:

" If team 1 is operating at full power and working together. Team 2 would loose so hard it wouldn't even be funny. "

How so? Strange just got overpowered by the Hulk not to long ago. And isnt he not even Sorcerer Supreme now? and current fate doesnt know what the hell he's doing. He's good against mid tier magic beings, but hes not gonna be much more than a sidekick to Strange in this fight.  I cant see this as a wipe. Manhattan has both precognition, uber matter manipulation, and multi-level existence on his side, and Doom has more safeguards and plans than Batman (and they're all with better tech and/or magic). Even working together, Manhattan himself can probably bring this fight to a standstill. "
 This logic is faulty on several levels:1-Current version of Strange is neither his average level of power, nor even a minuscule fraction of him working at full power. The Op said standard power and full power. In both cases, Fate and Strange have access to enough magic to stand still even eldritch beings of high tiers of powers 2-Strange loosing to Hulk was PIS pure and simple, nothing in how this fight happened is how Strange intelligently fights. This whole WWH thing was a massive case of PIS of everyone who got involved in this fight to the point of sillyness. Anyone who's read this story will see they're all acting like idiots and that's why Hulk won.2-You overestimate Manhattan compared to DC and Marvel cosmic and matter manipulators he's not that strong.  And if we start getting into Strange and Fate at their highest power it's not even a challenge, read up on their strongest incarnation. It would be a curbstomp. Doom is a genius and great at prep, but fighting these two at full power, he doesn't even come close to having the resources to stop them.   At standard power they still win because, their artifacts, magical might and everything else are stronger.  I like Doom well enough but he gets away with victories because of PIS sometimes it really stains an otherwise great character. "

Hulk beating Strange wasnt PIS 

IIRC Strange kicked his @$$ until he let his guard down twice. 

1.When he tried to comfort Bruce 
2.When he realized that he almost killed those civilians 

And let's face it, Hulk knows how dish out damage. 

Unless theres something Idk about strange in which case I'm sorry.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By beatboks1
@Hellos said:
"  @beatboks1 said:

Oh boy am I lagging. "
I dont see that as a problem. As I said the highest powered fate was that and more. Hell for that mater the lowest powered Dr Fate (Inza Nelson) when she took over the mantle from her husband actually set up a spell that allowed anyone in her neighborhood to simply want or will something and it became reality. She did it as a form of defense for her neighbours. So basically the lowest powered Dr Fate set it up that any average joe who lived within a few city blocks from her could do exactly what the Beyonder could do in your scan. Yeah his power is going to present a real problem to Dr Fate plus help.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hellos
@beatboks1 said:
"I dont see that as a problem. As I said the highest powered fate was that and more.  

Hell for that mater the lowest powered Dr Fate (Inza Nelson) when she took over the mantle from her husband actually set up a spell that allowed anyone in her neighborhood to simply want or will something and it became reality. She did it as a form of defense for her neighbours. So basically the lowest powered Dr Fate set it up that any average joe who lived within a few city blocks from her could do exactly what the Beyonder could do in your scan. Yeah his power is going to present a real problem to Dr Fate plus help. "

You said at best he was = to the Spectre, who has lists of people ahead of him in line, not Omnipotent across the Multiverse. He's complaining how reality isn't real to him in that scan. 
Unless Fate = the Presence then I have my doubts. Now unless this is the particular incarnation of Doom powered up, team two is probaby going to have trouble in round 2.
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SevanGrim
@JediXMan said:
  My point is, however, that he outright said that he is a puppet like everyone else. He doesn't have precognition; he is more or less one with time. He can't change it. He just exists.  It's not just that he hasn't. It's that all evidence points to the fact that he is, like I said, a puppet. He talks down to them, but he doesn't lie.  "
and my point is that Allan Moore wasnt creating another rules bound omnipower. he was creating a flawed character.
  Allan Moor said in an interview at some point that Manhattan was designed to be a being of unlimited possibilities, but he was too busy trying to decide if he was human or not to actually tap into that potential. I think he actually said Manhattan was too busy being a scientist to play god, or something like that. 
 your failing to understand the character. He didnt lie, but he was very much into telling half truths. And the way Moore describes the character in and out of the book, he is prone to tell the "children" what they need to know or hear, instead of the brunt of what he knows. 
but all in all, just like every other character who can see the future, the only thing stopping him from trying to change it is himself.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Hellos
@Grim said:

"and my point is that Allan Moore wasnt creating another rules bound omnipower. he was creating a flawed character.
  Allan Moor said in an interview at some point that Manhattan was designed to be a being of unlimited possibilities, but he was too busy trying to decide if he was human or not to actually tap into that potential. I think he actually said Manhattan was too busy being a scientist to play god, or something like that. 
 your failing to understand the character. He didnt lie, but he was very much into telling half truths. And the way Moore describes the character in and out of the book, he is prone to tell the "children" what they need to know or hear, instead of the brunt of what he knows. 
but all in all, just like every other character who can see the future, the only thing stopping him from trying to change it is himself.  "

Designed vs what he ended up being, Silver Surfer lite. 

Absolutely no reasoning behind said statement. He exists in the past present and future saying he is just as much of a slave to time as the rest of us.  
He doesn't see the future, everything happening all at once for himself, he never gave so much as an inkling he can personally change fate, but chooses not to.  

I'm thinking it's time to go the route of agreeing to disagree on this, seems like you have been going since page 1 about this, generally from past experience people don't tend to change their minds on Manhattan unknown abilities.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Grim: 

So basically, you're saying the puppet thing was wrong? 

Other "time travelers" say why they won't (not can't) change the past. The reason is that they don't want to damage time. Manhattan never says this. He specifically uses the term that he is a puppet. 

Note how, while he lives in the future, his "present-self" is unaware and still surprised when the future meets the present. He is aware of the future, but unable to alter it.

Please don't talk to me as if I haven't read the book. I have and I've seen the movie (I saw the Ultimate Cut, which might be why I don't hate it like most people do)
Dosson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dosson
@Hellos said:

"  @beatboks1 said:

Oh boy am I lagging. "
For an omnipotent who claimed to be omnipotent, he seems to be questioning his own reality. Good god if this god is real i'd kill myself in shame. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Hellos
@Dosson said:
"@Hellos said:

"  @beatboks1 said:

Oh boy am I lagging. "
For an omnipotent who claimed to be omnipotent, he seems to be questioning his own reality. Good god if this god is real i'd kill myself in shame.  "

Now if I only had the scan of him saying "THEY ALL ARE WORSHIPPING ME!" with various religious scripts behind him. :P

*Hands you the gun* have fun.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SevanGrim
@JediXMan said:

" @Grim:   So basically, you're saying the puppet thing was wrong?   Other "time travelers" say why they won't (not can't) change the past. The reason is that they don't want to damage time. Manhattan never says this. He specifically uses the term that he is a puppet.   Note how, while he lives in the future, his "present-self" is unaware and still surprised when the future meets the present. He is aware of the future, but unable to alter it. Please don't talk to me as if I haven't read the book. I have and I've seen the movie (I saw the Ultimate Cut, which might be why I don't hate it like most people do) "

They say both. Its a comon thing people do. We say we cant break the law, it means we dont want (wont) to break the law. We say we cant give any money, it means we wont give you money.  We're all "puppets" to the system, but in reality we could  each go Guy Fawkes ant take it to the man whenever we wanted.
 Its not suprise, its a portion of his character flaw. He sees it coming.  He knows its coming. He accepts its coming. And he ignores it just like every other human who knows their wife is going to yell at them, or that their hangover is gonna be killer in the morning. Your comment in bold contradicts your comment in italics. 
...you know when someone says "yeah im poor, but theres nothing i can do about it?" Its a common human idea called acceptance. The "poor"  man could refuse to accept this. he could get another job, go back to school, and work harder to climb the ladder. But instead of doing all that extra, hard, and possibly fruitless labor, he accepts that easier known path. In reality, he CAN change it, he just cant imagine the outcome. Manhattans ideology is exactly the same. If you could see all of your existance, why would you change it for some unknown? We as people are afraid of putting our hands in holes, or walking into dark places because its unknown. So why risk something you know will always be at least ok for some possibly disastrous unknown?
  That was supposed to be one of the key flaws in Manhattans "human or demi-god" internal dilemma.
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SevanGrim
  @Hellos:

We got a good showcasing of his ability to act in the  past and the future simultaneously at the end, when he was speaking too Ozy in the future while standing in the past with Silk. While the rest of the book had him "unable" to act on the future he could see, as soon as he couldnt see the future, was free to act on multiple time points. More towards the notion that he just felt like a slave because he didnt want to risk an unknown outcome. 
 but i respect that. Like i said, im only giving him the easy and obvious powers he would probably have if Moore had done like an year of Watchmen comics. Without at least a fraction of the embellishment that all the other characters have had the luxury of having over their X years in comics, he has absolutely no place in this argument. and i still think at his absolute best he could just manage to not be destroyed by them.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By beatboks1
@Hellos said:
" @beatboks1 said:
"I dont see that as a problem. As I said the highest powered fate was that and more.  

Hell for that mater the lowest powered Dr Fate (Inza Nelson) when she took over the mantle from her husband actually set up a spell that allowed anyone in her neighborhood to simply want or will something and it became reality. She did it as a form of defense for her neighbours. So basically the lowest powered Dr Fate set it up that any average joe who lived within a few city blocks from her could do exactly what the Beyonder could do in your scan. Yeah his power is going to present a real problem to Dr Fate plus help. "
You said at best he was = to the Spectre, who has lists of people ahead of him in line, not Omnipotent across the Multiverse. He's complaining how reality isn't real to him in that scan. Unless Fate = the Presence then I have my doubts. Now unless this is the particular incarnation of Doom powered up, team two is probaby going to have trouble in round 2. "
 I probably worded it wrong (spectre in most stories is depicted as omnipotent only not so when the Almighty restricts him). Basically in his solo stories Fate was shown as limitless in power (same as Spectre in his). It was only when they appeared in story together that he is depicted as being below Spec in some ways.
In solo stories he has recreated all existence or simply changed it. Also in Fates own stories it has been revealed that the Almighty (same being who Spectre is teh wrath off)created the Lords of Order and Chaos so that their energy would cause creation (all of them are able to effect change in reality at will). 
As I said since the least powerful Dr Fate was basically able to give everyone within a few city blocks the power to change reality at will (basically what beyonder does) this would be higher in power than one being who can do it.
Havoc@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Havoc@
@iComics:  

Dr.Strange let the Hulk beat him down because of guilt.  A normal strange can do away with Hulk any day. 
iComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By iComics
@Havoc@Heaven:
=/ same difference. point is,,, Dr. Strange was fully capable of beating hulk in WWH but let his guard down, and thats not PIS
sexy beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By sexy beast

Fate+Strange=Unbeatable 

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By grimlock

whoever has Manhattan wins

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@grimlock said:
" whoever has Manhattan wins "
no even close. either of the Doctors on Team 1 will yawn, wave their hands and Manhattan will cease to exist forever.
Mighty Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By Mighty Max

Team 1 for the win in both scenarios.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sylvain

Scenario 1:Team 1

Scenario 2:Dr Doom + Dr Manhattan

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

Strange and Fate win handily.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom is the one whom is more a trouble since he is a high level sorcerer.

Manhattan is weaker than Galactus furthermore Manhattan can not manipulate a soul. So Therefore since the mages can function magically without a 3D body that is relevant to the four fundamentals of the universe (a total defiance to reality) Team 1 wins.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By XiiX

Team 1(both rounds).

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jeanroygrant

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team 2.

Round 2: Team 1, Doctor Strange and Doctor Fate are too much at full power. Furthermore, since Doctor Manhattan "lacks feats" I cannot make a factual argument for him winning this. I'm also unsure if Doctor Doom with Beyonder's powers or as the Marquis of Death can defeat Team 1 at FULL power.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Could go either way

Round 2 : Team 1 stomps manhattan cant hang with any of team 1 at full power

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Team 2

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 team 2

R2 Team 1 stomps

ImNotTrolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Dr. Doom doing here? Others I can understand at least.

Empirical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait Fate and Strange are almost omnipotent and Fate has a lord of order in his helmet whose best interesy is in keeping Fate alive. What are Doom and Manhattan supposed to do.

NVC1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NVC1801

@grimlock: Classic Dr Fate( Kent Nelson) has the ability to destroy dimensions, recreate realities and more. He's basically like a god just like Classic Dr Strange. Once, Dr Fate destroyed the dimension the Anti-life Entity inhabits and he asked for forgiveness for the Presence before he did it(God of DC). Once a Lord of Order and Chaos teamed up to rule the universe, they destroyed almost everything except for Dr Fate(kent nelson), Inza, and their tower because changing the reality does not affect Dr. Fate(Nabu, Lord of Order), Kent and Inza. People are saying that Dr Manhattan can see into the future but can't change what he sees. Well, Dr Fate can see into the future and change it. Dr Fate saw that when Inza's demon dies, Inza dies, and Kent would never be Dr Fate again but he changed this vision and defeated Inza's demon and Totec, Lord of Chaos, brought her back to life. After that Dr Fate restored all life and restored the once destroyed Earth.

And everything Dr Fate can do, Classic Strange can match it. Dr Mahattan doesn't stand a chance against them but I'm a bit worried about the Beyonder Doom.

Round 1: Team 1

Round 2: Team 1

NVC1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NVC1801

Darkseid vs Dr Manhattan. Darkseid wins easily right? Classic Dr Fate vs Darkseid. Dr fate wins because he was able to control and manipulate Darkseid easily when he destroyed the Anti-life entity's universe. Even Eric and Linda Strauss as Dr Fate was too much for Darkseid. Classic Dr Fate and Classic Dr Strange are too much for them.

DREDDfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom with enough prep possibly solos, Dr Manhattan is a non factor as both Classic Strange and Fate would destroy Manhattan with any prep time

Doom with time to prepare is no joke

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/28742/1502901-doomrespect02theend1.jpg

.https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146053/3264906-0.jpg

some scans taken from

https%3A%2F%2Fcomicvine.gamespot.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles-7%2Fdr-doom-vs-dark-phoenix-596440%2F

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/436741-doom_clint_langley01.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111163747/4947676-secret-wars-8-eat-your-heart-out.jpg

drskullcrushin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Manhattan solos