#1 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
galactus is suffering  2 weeks of  hunger
#2 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
galactus still beats him
#3 Posted by Mortein (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223732 posts) - - Show Bio
What Level of Power is Galactus At ?
#5 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

A starving Galactus has held a sorcerer supreme-level Dr. Strange captive against his will in the past.

#6 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with that much hunger I still think Galactus could take Strange down.

#7 Posted by silverr (50 posts) - - Show Bio

dr strange already has defeated Galactus.

#8 Posted by dboyrules2011 (11792 posts) - - Show Bio
@silverr said:
dr strange already has defeated Galactus.
Why would you bump this thread
Online
#9 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

No plot will save Strange. Galactus murders him.

#10 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

strange is screwed

#11 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

classic strange
#12 Posted by SlimJ87D (9252 posts) - - Show Bio

Crazy I was going to bump this thread up today to see it has already been bumped. 
 
I think against a Starving Galactus Classic Strange stands a good chance. Did he not hold off a few mediocre attacks from LT?

#13 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Classic Strange. He could manipulate time to give him a bunch of prep, and do something funky to reality/time/space/etc to defeat Galactus.

#14 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange.

#15 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange feared Loki. Galactus

#16 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
 
 
'Nuff said.
#17 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus was starved to the point of dying there.

#18 Posted by SlimJ87D (9252 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:
Galactus was starved to the point of dying there.
Well in this topic he has been starving for 2 weeks already of absolute hunger. He wasn't hungry after the 2 weeks, he went through the 2 weeks starving already. 
#19 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:
Galactus was starved to the point of dying there.
You mean he's been starving fighting against Strange for the passed 45 years?
#20 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

2 weeks he would still be way stronger than that FF issue.

#21 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange has also defeated In-Betweener, who was able to go head-to-head with a full-powered Galactus.
 
 

#22 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Inbetweener's weakness and Masters where Order and Chaos.

#23 Posted by SlimJ87D (9252 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:
Inbetweener's weakness and Masters where Order and Chaos.
Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say here. 
 
Galactus has been starving for 2 weeks is probably close to death. If you look at the word starving in the dictionary it is as followed 
 
Dictionary.com: 

starve

   [ stahrv ]   Show IPA verb,  starved,  starv·ing.
–verb  (used  without  object)
1.
to  die  or  perish  from  lack  of food   or  nourishment.
2.
to  be  in the   process  of  perishing  or  suffering  severely  from  hunger.
3.
  to  suffer  from  extreme poverty   and  need.
 
Therefore he is in the same state as those scans. 
#24 Posted by Nefarious (18363 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange.

#25 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D: Inbetweener is a minion of the abstracts Order and Chaos. Order and Chaos's power and nature is the weakness of the Inbetweener. Dr. Strange called upon Order and Chaos to beat the Inbetweener. I think the scans were longer than 2 weeks because Terrax kept playing around instead of finding a planet so he would be weak enough to kill.
#26 Posted by AssertingValor (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

inbetweener was nothing compared to galactus,  but dr. strangge did beat him once with a spell that made galactus feel the pain of the trillions of beings he has killed...........
#27 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant find anything that explains Galactus's hunger to any satisfactory degree so I will say Galactus but Strange would probably take it if he is as hungry as the scan.

#28 Edited by SlimJ87D (9252 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:

@SlimJ87D: Inbetweener is a minion of the abstracts Order and Chaos . Order and Chaos's power and nature is the weakness of the Inbetweener. Dr. Strange called upon Order and Chaos to beat the Inbetweener. I think the scans were longer than 2 weeks because Terrax kept playing around instead of finding a planet so he would be weak enough to kill.

This doesn't change the fact that the OP said that Galactus has Starved for 2 weeks. The true definition of starving is near death or death by hunger. He was near death in the FF scans and that is it. Your opinion on how close to near death is your own opinion and cannot be proven. 
 
You can't change the definition of the word starve in this debate. 
#29 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D: "Your opinion on how close to near death is your own opinion and cannot be proven."
 
Nor can yours.
#30 Edited by SlimJ87D (9252 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:

@SlimJ87D: "Your opinion on how close to near death is your own opinion and cannot be proven."  Nor can yours.

What? That doesn't make sense. I am saying that he was near death in those scans, Reed Richards even says so. The OP said that Galactus is starving and has been starving for 2 weeks. Which means so hungry you are dying and close to death literally. I stated a fact. 
 
What you are saying here 
" I think the scans were longer than 2 weeks because Terrax kept playing around instead of finding a planet so he would be weak enough to kill." 
Did you back it up with any facts that he was starving for more than 2 weeks with a fact? It's no fact. Can you just admit you are wrong here?  
#31 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D: Why would I admit I am wrong when I don't believe I was? I posted: 

@gravitypress said:
I cant find anything that explains Galactus's hunger to any satisfactory degree so I will say Galactus but Strange would probably take it if he is as hungry as the scan.
But you want to keep this going. The definition doesn't work well because he is a fictional character who is a 30 foot Bio-vampire whose rate of depletion is unknown. First you would have to determine how long he was without feeding from that scan then how fast he burns energy. Those comics don't say.
#32 Edited by SlimJ87D (9252 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:

@SlimJ87D: Why would I admit I am wrong when I don't believe I was? I posted: 

@gravitypress said:

I cant find anything that explains Galactus's hunger to any satisfactory degree so I will say Galactus but Strange would probably take it if he is as hungry as the scan.
But you want to keep this going. The definition doesn't work well because he is a fictional character who is a 30 foot Bio-vampire whose rate of depletion is unknown. First you would have to determine how long he was without feeding from that scan then how fast he burns energy. Those comics don't say.
The definition was defined by the OP. If he is as hungry as we was in those scans then Strange definitely takes it, not probably. And lastly I apologize, I did not read your post where you admitted to not knowing how hungry he was. I just got off of work and responded. my post right after yours was posted at the same exact time as yours so I never got to see it.  I only saw this one: 
 
@gravitypress said:
@SlimJ87D: "Your opinion on how close to near death is your own opinion and cannot be proven."  Nor can yours.
In which I responded to prove my point was proven. 
#33 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio


Of course Classic Strange could take a weakened Galactus. Personally I don't think it's really that debateable. 
Classic Dr. Strange is easily one of the absolute most powerful characters in Marvel history. 
If other heroes have stood up to a weakened or "starving" Galactus then why not Strange?

 

#34 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBatman586 said:
Strange has also defeated In-Betweener, who was able to go head-to-head with a full-powered Galactus.
 
 
He beat him with the powers of Lord Chaos and Order themselves, what is so impressive here ? It would be the same thing as he would beat Silver Surfer with the help of Galactus or Juggernaut with the help of Cyttorak. And Galactus was ill when faced In-Betweener, as In-Betweener tried to force him into his realm.
#35 Posted by lol (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

#36 Posted by kgb725 (5478 posts) - - Show Bio

The big guy