This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EVA-SHOGOKI (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan From Watchmen Versus The Sandman(Dream) From Sandman (By Neil Gaiman)

#2 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@eva-shogoki: sandman stomps

#3 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Death takes it

#4 Posted by EVA-SHOGOKI (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power: This Is Death's Brother Not Death Herself. Or Do You Mean That Dream Could Ask Death To Kill Manhattan For him?

#5 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Inside joke...

#6 Posted by Frocharocha (2292 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman stomps.

#7 Posted by EVA-SHOGOKI (121 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Morpheus.

#9 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever there's a mismatch I look for a character that is related to the character's being used. This, my friend, is one of the biggest mismatches I have seen in my entire CV career.

#10 Edited by EVA-SHOGOKI (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power: Really? I Read Both Comics. Is Manhattan Really Out-Matched?? If that's the Case Then There's No Point To This Thread, I Guess.

#11 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats, mate. Best Manhattan has done is fry a tank. When a fraction of Morpheus' power was taken, several universes were destroyed with it IIRC

#12 Edited by EVA-SHOGOKI (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power: Well, Going By Feats ,You're Absolutely Correct.

But Manhattan Is Practically Indestructible And Immortal And Has Many Powers At His Disposal. Also, Correct Me If I'm Wrong But Isn't Manhattan's Power Limitless?

(It's been a long time since I Read Watchmen)

#13 Posted by VenomousTaco (865 posts) - - Show Bio

I came in here to say Doctor Manhattan turns Sandman into glass! And it turns out it's a different Sandman!

-_-

#14 Posted by EVA-SHOGOKI (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#15 Posted by XxGin (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Dream

#16 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand that you are new so two things:

1. Here on Comicvine, we go by feats. Doesn't matter what a character says they can do. If they haven't done it, it isn't proven that they can do it. Therefore, all of this "potential" Manhattan has? It doesn't matter because he's never used it.

2. Welcome to the vine!

#17 Posted by TehStranger (836 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman

#18 Posted by Frocharocha (2292 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power: Really? I Read Both Comics. Is Manhattan Really Out-Matched?? If that's the Case Then There's No Point To This Thread, I Guess.

Yes, he is:

• Personification of Dreams: As one of the seven Endless, inconceivably powerful beings, Dream is both the lord and personification of all dreams and stories, and all that is not in reality (which, in turn, Dream may define by his existence). He possesses absolute control over sleep, dreams, nightmares, and even insomnia.
  • Shape-Shifting: Morpheus could completely alter his physical appearance in order to appear to lesser beings in a guise that they could comprehend.
  • Illusion Casting:: His illusions are real enough to the point where they can be physically interacted with by other beings, as dreams and reality are far closer to one another than most realize. This also includes nightmares sent as a punishment.
  • Dreaming Reality Warping: Inside the Dreaming, he can effortlessly alter reality on a multiversal scale. He can create objects and entities to follow his every command. The Dreams landscape and weather can also change simply but his current mood, and he also controls all the dreams within it.
  • Teleportation: He can travel instantly anywhere in the mortal realm that people dream, and, so long as he shows proper respect, he can easily enter and transit most magical realms too.
  • Immortality: As the personification of all dreams in the universe, Dream was both ageless and immortal. He will continue to exist so long as one sentient being is capable of dreaming.
  • Dream Conjuring: He is capable of summoning dreams, stories, and ideas and send them into the minds of others.
  • Sorcery: Dream possesses Nigh-Omnipotent levels of magic.
#19 Posted by Wyldsong (5577 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah...there just isn't much to say here...

#20 Posted by ManInTheMountain (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Sand. Man. Stomps

#21 Posted by Assman (1840 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman, he's an abstract.

#22 Posted by XiiX (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly the biggest mismatch I've seen in months.